Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Duggars in the Wild

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

39 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jinger's future kids are going to grow up with a father who gives anti-masturbation "sermons." No chance.

Yeah, Bin is from pants-wearing family and it didn't influence his life with Jessa.

It would be interesting to see Jinger going shopping alone in Texas, or with her child to get groceries alone. They will probably have to fly someone in to go with her if Jeremy tires of the parasite. What is interesting, they would probably have more viewers if Jeremy did pull her into the real world, instead of falling in line like Derelict and Bin.  Jeremy and Jinger could be the ones to watch if they really strayed from the usual narrative. Let's say they don't have the Duggs invasion every 6 weeks, and Jinger develops real friendships with the ladies in the community, and Jinger puts her kids in school while she studies photography along side a professional and eventually opened her own studio. But yeah, like Dangerousminds said, the 'anti-masturbation' sermons are a bad sign.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jinger's future kids are going to grow up with a father who gives anti-masturbation "sermons." No chance.

Oh, goodness. I shouldn't be surprised! Where can I find this sermon? (Not that I would EVER make excuses or say that there's a reason why someone would molest another, but the anti-masturbation nonsense can't have helped Josh at all, with his tendencies.)

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

This. Quasi-preachers and wanderers aren't equipped to handle the sort of deprogramming and therapy these girls need to overcome years of brainwashing. There's also the trauma of the sexual abuse, which was never properly addressed or treated. Maybe the victims have genuinely forgiven Josh, but that doesn't mean there aren't lingering issues. Jinger was practically bawling in every episode last year. I don't think she's an emotionally healthy woman. I think the courtship is a nice distraction and the endorphins are making her feel better, but it won't last. She needs help. Real help, not a JTTH excursion.

Jinger was not in an emotionally good place last season, and she's literally high at the moment. The dopamine has kicked in and she's not experiencing reality at all. I think it's horrible that the girls never got the professional counseling they need.

58 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Yeah, Bin is from pants-wearing family and it didn't influence his life with Jessa.

Bin's family is not pants wearing, as far as I know. We've only ever seen his mom and sisters in skirts.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, sometimesy said:

It would be interesting to see Jinger going shopping alone in Texas, or with her child to get groceries alone. They will probably have to fly someone in to go with her if Jeremy tires of the parasite. What is interesting, they would probably have more viewers if Jeremy did pull her into the real world, instead of falling in line like Derelict and Bin.  Jeremy and Jinger could be the ones to watch if they really strayed from the usual narrative. Let's say they don't have the Duggs invasion every 6 weeks, and Jinger develops real friendships with the ladies in the community, and Jinger puts her kids in school while she studies photography along side a professional and eventually opened her own studio. But yeah, like Dangerousminds said, the 'anti-masturbation' sermons are a bad sign.

Not.gonna.happen. (other than making "friends" with the women in Jeremy's church)

3 hours ago, becca3891 said:

Oh, goodness. I shouldn't be surprised! Where can I find this sermon? (Not that I would EVER make excuses or say that there's a reason why someone would molest another, but the anti-masturbation nonsense can't have helped Josh at all, with his tendencies.)

Jinger was not in an emotionally good place last season, and she's literally high at the moment. The dopamine has kicked in and she's not experiencing reality at all. I think it's horrible that the girls never got the professional counseling they need.

Bin's family is not pants wearing, as far as I know. We've only ever seen his mom and sisters in skirts.

I've seen Ben's older sisters in pants. The oldest, even in Daisy Dukes, tanks, and BIKINIS! 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not.gonna.happen. (other than making "friends" with the women in Jeremy's church)

I've seen Ben's older sisters in pants. The oldest, even in Daisy Dukes, tanks, and BIKINIS! 

This was some confusion based on an Instagram account that was not Ben's sister, as originally thought. Can you link to the pics you're talking about? My understanding was that the Seewalds followed the Vision Forum curriculum, which is very patriarchal and also says women and girls wear dresses and pants only.

The Duggar kidults in the "wild" ignored the wild just as they ignore the world and instead did everything their own way, which they define as "a little differently".  The girls just stood by and didn't even try and let the boys play along.  The talking heads repeating everything we just watched, drives me nuts.  What a boring show this is!  I feel so hopeless for these brainwashed kids.  Their lives are just sad and they seem to revel in that.

• Love 4