Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Yes, and if you were having an innocent dinner with the husband of a good friend, wouldn't the wife already know about it? Wouldn't the husband have mentioned he was having dinner with Bethenny that night for whatever reason?

Exactly!

And I'm sorry I'm still not understanding this scenario.

"Bye honey, I'll be back later on tonight. Having a nice cozy dinner with Beth, not sure how late I'll be".

I mean, more power to all you enlightened people who think a husband getting dressed and ready to go have an intimate evening with another woman for no other reason than they wanted to see each other (I'm still wondering how the hell this friendship got this close to begin with considering there doesn't seem to be anything besides THE WIFE tying them together) but ummmmmmmm, Hmmmmmmmm.

There is just something really really fishy with the whole connection. There doesn't seem to be a natural progression of their friendship. A solid explanation as to how they even managed to get to a place where they were spending that kind of time together. Co-workers grabbing something to eat, going to a show, a movie etc. etc. That has organic beginnings. Meeting your HS friends husband and then it  deliberately being built into a one on one friendship that doesn't involve his wife/your friend?????  Sure, my school friends, my co-workers there's constant opportunities for us to be in each others presence and then therefore a friendship automatically builds WITHOUT trying and THEN you start coordinating dates and outings outside of those perimeters AFTER the friendship is born and nurtured in a generic setting that you couldn't avoid.

However, this particular friendship had to be built, No? How on earth did this come about? They just decided, "Hey you seem cool I want to get to know you, lets have dinner, let's go out, lets spend time together......" You know what that's called? It's fucking called dating. When you are deliberately creating and planning social activities in order to BUILD a relationship. Yeah, it's fucking called dating. Two people who don't know each other, meeting and deciding they want to get to know each other better through means that are coordinated by them and efforts made by them. This isn't them meeting up by chance or by necessity I.E. Work, school and having it mature from there. Or at least that's not the story as of now. That's actually what I really would love more details about. I think that's what's really missing from the equation. Just exactly how did they become such "close" friends? Even chance meetings in group functions doesn't offer up the explanation on how they became close unless they "hit it off" at a party and decided to exchange numbers and continue from there one on one. That's exchanging numbers with the intend of PURSUING a closer relationship outside of your mutual friends circle. DATING, HELLO! Maintaining a friendship outside of your marriage built on work, school or old ties is one thing, CREATING a tight bond through intimate meetings, social activities WHILE keeping it outside of your marriage...? <side eye>

There's a difference between friendships building through different factors like chance circumstances and deliberating building a friendship/relationship through more intimate means and I'm having a problem with how and why these two got so tight to begin with if the wife really wasn't a big factor beside them both knowing her......?? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 16
25 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I read too fast and thought you said keep your dingy intact

whoops.gif

Someone needs to keep a hold on it.

let's keep the convo on the housewives, not some poor jackass poster? ; )

-----------

I wonder what Cookie thinks about getting a new step father?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

You missed the point - LieAnn claims she did not steal Tom from the woman he was on a date with and take him home. However the woman TomCat was playing tonsil hockey with was responsible for the fact that he could not stay faithful to his fiance 10 days after he got engaged. See the difference? LieAnn - not responsible for what TomCat did. Tonsil hockey partner - totally responsible for what TomCat did. And yes, as you pointed out, TomCat has proven that LieAnn cannot trust him, and she should be worried. And I am sure she is. 

But she didn't steal him. They are still moving forward with their relationship. Lu wasn't tossed to the side while he pursued a new relationship with that woman. Point being Tom wasn't stolen. Led astray for a second maybe but not out and out stolen. LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, NetflixandChill said:

I'm gonna share the biggest reason I think Bethenny and Shields had, at the very least, an emotional affair. She's way too intense about being accused of it. My dad happened to have an affair and marry the mistress. It's been nearly 20 years and she still is crazy touchy about all of it. We've all moved on and are fine with it all, no hard feelings for the affair. But she freaks out any time even the smallest comment is made alluding to the fact that she was once the mistress (it's not like any of us call her the mistress or make rude comments). The comments are seriously the most harmless basic crap that no one logically would take any offense to unless they felt they had something to prove. She'll be damn sure to pull you aside at a later date though to guilt trip the shit out of you for a comment you didn't think twice about, didn't think was bad or accusing or anything, and insist that we don't know the full story. We know the affair happened while my mom thought her husband was being faithful, but in her head it's all totally different. 

Basically, from my own experience, I'm calling a spade a spade and saying something shady went down before Shields' wife knew the marriage was over. You don't flip out to that degree unless you're trying to hide something. Maybe it was his daughter she called and the daughter really believes no affair happened, but stuff like that slips out over time. Comments start to be made that don't match the original timeline, and one day, the pieces just fall together. Or maybe she blames her mom for the failure of the marriage so she's dead certain that no affair went on. Who knows? All I know is, just because the daughter says an affair didn't happen, doesn't mean it didn't. It doesn't prove anything Bethenny thinks it does. Calling the wife though, that would've proven everything. If everything was on the up and up and she has known the wife since high school, surely she and the wife would still be cool, and okay to clear the air. Put her on speakerphone Bethenny, that's who I want to hear speak.

It is reminiscent of Eileen Davidson and Vince Van Patten.  Eileen talks of them both be married when they met, as they worked together.  It is pretty obvious they had a really close friendship while married and Eileen's husband filed for divorce in October, the two of them are seen in Las Vegas over New Years and the next week Vince's wife filed for divorce.   Eileen is very sensitive about the word "affair" and how the effect on the three children.  I think she would have preferred to gloss over it, but others won't give her a pass.

Dennis and/or Bethenny or both had to be thinking there was a possibility for more than old friends connecting.  My questions for Bethenny would be along the lines of just how many times she and her friend Dennis' paths crossed in the previous 27 years.  We have the wife at three.  Knowing of someone and being friends are very different.  Bethenny had a meltdown when a chiropractor didn't remember meeting her and Kelly Bensimon didn't seem to either. 

This we were friends first is becoming a pattern with Bethenny.  She said the same thing about husband number one, in a marriage that lasted eight months.  She then holed up with Warren Lichtenstein, a friend of her former fiancé's after she filed for divorce from Jason, oh and went to St Bart with him.  Just friends.  Hmmm.

• Love 16

I don't think I've ever seen such a visual display of fucks being given as I just witnessed (for the 3rd time) by Scraggy Girl after her phone witness. Bethenny, you were handing out fucks like samples of lime SKG at a St Patrick's Parade. She was a ghoul dancing on the grave of the Countess title. 

It was actually sad to watch. Bethenny was so close to drooling with glee that I'm sure Carole was getting ready to repurpose that thing she was wearing as a hankie. (Alexander McQueen will be spinning like a top too, speaking of graves.)

What does this high energy display of spite reveal and even achieve? It's got to be linked to LuAnn's cavalier and dismissive attitude toward the soon to be SKG mogul from 7 (?) seasons ago. Her BRAND goddammit. Something which she definitely gives a gazillion of those fucks about. Which LuAnn then went on, as if we all need to be reminded again, to claim joint responsibility for creating. All another delusion in the mind of the uber delusional beast that is the Countess. A grudge that will become the stuff of legends. 

So is that it? I have to ask: what IS your higher purpose, Bethenny? Apart from returning the word 'mogul' to our vocabularies, what is this once-was human being aspiring to in this life? She has claimed that she has it all now, more than she could ever need and that anything else is a bonus. I assumed that meant having a child, a marriage, a home and a business she legitimately created and built herself. So she's now got the rest of her days to spend in bonus time. Which leads me to my next query:

I think I'm missing something in my life. It's a secret that all these women are in on. Apparently there is a state of blissful altered consciousness, a nirvana in the shitty city, that opens up to women when they get a rock above a certain size put on their ring finger. I saw the incredulity during the reunion when they all questioned Dorinda as to marrying John. Because that's what you do, Dorinda, you village idiot! Here she is, with a perfectly acceptable male that she sees 3 times a week, who is limited to a schedule for visits by Dorinda. who still wants to marry her! The women all leaned forward, presumably to activate higher oxygen uptake to their brains due to the Spanx constriction on reunion night, so they could best process the conundrum that is Dorinda. Marriage is the ultimate prize here. Look at Lu this season. Maybe Dorinda is more immune to this Xanadu like plane of pleasure that she eschews, because of her alleged partiality to coke! Perhaps this is why Bethenny has now got time stamped evidence of Dorinda's drug use when she went sleuthing for the answer to Dorinda's obtuse resistance to snapping up another marriage, when it's right in front of her and ripe for her picking. Because marriage is the ultimate prize, the raison d'etre and the end to which we've seen any means is excusable and girl code be buggered. 

So I really want to know what Bethenny's purpose in life is now. She'll obviously hustle Shields down the aisle as quickly as she can get the prenup past him. Maybe she'll even get there before Lu is separated from Tom. Or before Ramona and Sonja shrivel up leaving nothing but a hat and a gown on the pavement outside the Regency. Carole's almost gone already.

And speaking of Sonja: she is spoiling for a brawl. Before the reunion proper began even Andy seemed taken aback by her vehemence. Resentment, Sonja said, has built up in her for the first time. For what, I wonder? Losing Tom to LuAnn ? Who proved she really didn't give a 'flying leap' (that Countess malapropism in particular makes me shudder) for the friend that had graciously put her up and sheltered her during a particularly difficult and homeless-in-NYC summer? I suspect also that Lu and So pinkie swore to each other that they'd stay united in the face of Bravo as they held out for more money. But the season has rewarded Lu with the pay by appearance screen time while So has had to resort to vagina resurfacing during her Dorinda ordained Berkshires ban to get the producers' attention. She was mauled by Scraggy Girl. She's been declared drunk and unlovable by the 'ladies'. Sonja. Is. The. One. This reunion should be Sonja's swansong. She could well fail to be renewed next season. Her mien on the lounge next door to Dorinda during Part 1 has been barely restrained. What she HAS said has been quite earthshattering (everyone knows Dorinda does drugs) but unlike the Scraggy Girl, who adopted Version IIa of her faux concern for victim's wellbeing facial delivery system recently seen in a Miami hotel room, So was offhand. This has got to be a harbinger of bigger fish to fry. Also during this segment while Dorinda calmly asks Scraggy Girl if the drug allegations concern John, because she needs to know, SG ALMOST says a name. There is the hint of a consonant before she clamps her jaw. Which surely means it's someone the other Hos and the audience will recognize. Surely not Hannah? 

Bethenny's soul has got to be a serious concern to somebody. I can't even visualise her 'game' with Shields. We've seen it with Hoppy. That was hard to witness but it resembled human like behavior. Distasteful though the exercise is, it's possible with LuAnn also (booze, cigarettes and baby talk. I wonder if she pins him to the bed while growling 'Chic. C'est La Vie'?). But Bethenny? What is her higher purpose? Very sad. She's become a spiteful, nasty meangirl. And all that bulldust about empowering women? Nuh uh. Not anymore after the sister slaying she's embarked upon this season. 

• Love 17
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Lol. As I have said before, this site is way more entertaining than the show itself. I know many people who have never divorced. Two relatives including my brother who have been separated from their exes since 1990, and 1999. They are hardly fucking assholes - lol. If there is no intent to remarry there is no reason to divorce. Bethy's boyfriend and his ex may never divorce if neither plans to remarry. My one relative's ex has been with his current partner since 1999 - they are perfectly happy as is my relative in her relationship. But it is touching that you are concerned about Bethy's future and apparently want her in a happy marriage.

BTW, I saw a pic of Bethy and her boyfriend taken a couple of weeks ago. She looked fabulous, and was not wearing a ring on her left hand. I think she was just playing with those whose heads she thought would explode at the site of a rock on her left hand. One of the reasons I get such a kick out of her. 

Which isn't the case with Beth and Sheilds

9 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Hmm, I saw a photo of beth in a bathing suit and I was kinda repulsed.

You can tell quite a bit about the games people play - When you have no integrity, you can pretty much play any game you want.  When you don't play by the ''rules" your only beef is with the people who catch you in a lie, that ruins the illusion.

Yes, I am concerned about meth's future, I want to see it go down in a rotten, stinking blaze of glory - the kind that seems to follow her around.

Hey, what channel is her talk show on, or is it in a summer hiatus?

I had a fuck to give - but don't have my wallet on me.

LOVE THIS! and SO TRUE!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

What Bethenny has not been able to explain is how she ended up at dinner with Dennis, since he was head over heels about her, it seems he sure thought it was a date.  Was she dining alone at the Polo and he joined her?  There had to be some back and forth going on between Bethenny and Dennis.  They don't have common business interests, her divorce was very public and she was available, so why the dinner, if not to pursue a friendship?  She seemed to only clear it with the wife only after some people from the neighborhood saw them.  The phone call to the wife was bizarre, I am still at a loss why married Dennis of 27 years, ran in the same circles as Bethenny and they were friends, but Bethenny had only spoken to his wife twice in 25 years.   The daughter calls Bethenny a family friend?  Does that mean Dennis ran around acting like a single guy? Had a social life that didn't include his wife but included single women?

Were Dennis and Jill Shields, the modern Trudy and Pete Campbell (Mad Men) where Dennis had a pied-a-terre in Manhattan to lay his head after long meetings?  Was the final blow when Jill (Trudy) discovered Dennis (Peter) found someone from the neighborhood to wine and dine?  (Bethenny said from the neighborhood-I am curious as to which neighborhood.)  History repeats itself with Bethenny she claims her first husband Sussman and she were best friends, and he relentlessly pursued her, dated him for two years, had her dad pop for a big Four Seasons wedding in LA, only to divorce him eight months later.

There is very little real about Bethenny -her story circa 2012- denying divorce rumors http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20615781,00.html  There are valid reasons for people to question Bethenny's integrity. 

See this is what I'm curious about as well.

I don't see any appropriate beginnings to that relationship. None.

So to me that tells me all I need to know about this pairing and how innocent the timeline is supposed to be.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9

Dorinda is independently wealthy and while she defended herself adequately imo what does she have to really lose?

I know nothing about the summer Hamptons scene other than what I read in glossy magazines. But I'd be willing to bet that it's not hard to find coke at parties there, and that people partake. I find it hard to believe that someone of B's vintage and background would be shocked at people doing coke (or, to consider it a damning insult)...especially given the number of women on the show who no doubt resort to something synthetic to maintain their figures. 

Even if Dorinda lied about doing coke, I do believe that she abstains at home, and around her daughter. I hardly ever drink at home, despite the fact that we have plenty of wine and spirits in the house. (I still have half a bottle of rum my sister brought back from a Caribbean vacation in 2012!) However, get me in a social situation like a big party, and it's likely that I'll have one too many. It's completely believable to me that Dorinda follows a similar pattern. 

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

See this is what I'm curious about as well.

I don't see any appropriate beginnings to that relationship. None.

So to me that tells me all I need to know about this pairing and how innocent the timeline is supposed to be.

I don't either.   Bethenny keeps referring to Jill as some kind of high school friend from 25 or 30 years ago - the implication being they were not currently close.  I have read otherwise, and that the three of them (Bethenny, Jill and what's his name) frequently went to dinner together.  That there was a recent relationship between Jill and Bethenny makes more sense to me - because I'm not buying that Bethenny "just happened" to run into the "newly separated" husband of someone she hadn't seen since "high school" and a relationship evolved. 

And if that's the case - that Bethenny's relationship with him started after the separation and she hadn't seen Jill in years - why the "time stamp" phone call to someone you are not close to, and who is separated anyway.  Why would you care what someone you aren't close to and who is already separated thinks?  I think they were having an intimate dinner and someone saw them and Bethenny decided to cover her bases.  Apparently she lives by time stamps, and I think she wanted that one for precisely the reason she used it at the reunion - "Look, I called his wife on THIS DATE AND TIME so clearly AT THAT DATE AND TIME nothing was going on."

Bethenny is her own worst enemy.   She should have just owned it early on but I guess that's hard to do when your shaming others for it.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

I don't think I've ever seen such a visual display of fucks being given as I just witnessed (for the 3rd time) by Scraggy Girl after her phone witness. Bethenny, you were handing out fucks like samples of lime SKG at a St Patrick's Parade. She was a ghoul dancing on the grave of the Countess title. 

It was actually sad to watch. Bethenny was so close to drooling with glee that I'm sure Carole was getting ready to repurpose that thing she was wearing as a hankie. (Alexander McQueen will be spinning like a top too, speaking of graves.)

What does this high energy display of spite reveal and even achieve? It's got to be linked to LuAnn's cavalier and dismissive attitude toward the soon to be SKG mogul from 7 (?) seasons ago. Her BRAND goddammit. Something which she definitely gives a gazillion of those fucks about. Which LuAnn then went on, as if we all need to be reminded again, to claim joint responsibility for creating. All another delusion in the mind of the uber delusional beast that is the Countess. A grudge that will become the stuff of legends. 

So is that it? I have to ask: what IS your higher purpose, Bethenny? Apart from returning the word 'mogul' to our vocabularies, what is this once-was human being aspiring to in this life? She has claimed that she has it all now, more than she could ever need and that anything else is a bonus. I assumed that meant having a child, a marriage, a home and a business she legitimately created and built herself. So she's now got the rest of her days to spend in bonus time. Which leads me to my next query:

I think I'm missing something in my life. It's a secret that all these women are in on. Apparently there is a state of blissful altered consciousness, a nirvana in the shitty city, that opens up to women when they get a rock above a certain size put on their ring finger. I saw the incredulity during the reunion when they all questioned Dorinda as to marrying John. Because that's what you do, Dorinda, you village idiot! Here she is, with a perfectly acceptable male that she sees 3 times a week, who is limited to a schedule for visits by Dorinda. who still wants to marry her! The women all leaned forward, presumably to activate higher oxygen uptake to their brains due to the Spanx constriction on reunion night, so they could best process the conundrum that is Dorinda. Marriage is the ultimate prize here. Look at Lu this season. Maybe Dorinda is more immune to this Xanadu like plane of pleasure that she eschews, because of her alleged partiality to coke! Perhaps this is why Bethenny has now got time stamped evidence of Dorinda's drug use when she went sleuthing for the answer to Dorinda's obtuse resistance to snapping up another marriage, when it's right in front of her and ripe for her picking. Because marriage is the ultimate prize, the raison d'etre and the end to which we've seen any means is excusable and girl code be buggered. 

So I really want to know what Bethenny's purpose in life is now. She'll obviously hustle Shields down the aisle as quickly as she can get the prenup past him. Maybe she'll even get there before Lu is separated from Tom. Or before Ramona and Sonja shrivel up leaving nothing but a hat and a gown on the pavement outside the Regency. Carole's almost gone already.

And speaking of Sonja: she is spoiling for a brawl. Before the reunion proper began even Andy seemed taken aback by her vehemence. Resentment, Sonja said, has built up in her for the first time. For what, I wonder? Losing Tom to LuAnn ? Who proved she really didn't give a 'flying leap' (that Countess malapropism in particular makes me shudder) for the friend that had graciously put her up and sheltered her during a particularly difficult and homeless-in-NYC summer? I suspect also that Lu and So pinkie swore to each other that they'd stay united in the face of Bravo as they held out for more money. But the season has rewarded Lu with the pay by appearance screen time while So has had to resort to vagina resurfacing during her Dorinda ordained Berkshires ban to get the producers' attention. She was mauled by Scraggy Girl. She's been declared drunk and unlovable by the 'ladies'. Sonja. Is. The. One. This reunion should be Sonja's swansong. She could well fail to be renewed next season. Her mien on the lounge next door to Dorinda during Part 1 has been barely restrained. What she HAS said has been quite earthshattering (everyone knows Dorinda does drugs) but unlike the Scraggy Girl, who adopted Version IIa of her faux concern for victim's wellbeing facial delivery system recently seen in a Miami hotel room, So was offhand. This has got to be a harbinger of bigger fish to fry. Also during this segment while Dorinda calmly asks Scraggy Girl if the drug allegations concern John, because she needs to know, SG ALMOST says a name. There is the hint of a consonant before she clamps her jaw. Which surely means it's someone the other Hos and the audience will recognize. Surely not Hannah? 

Bethenny's soul has got to be a serious concern to somebody. I can't even visualise her 'game' with Shields. We've seen it with Hoppy. That was hard to witness but it resembled human like behavior. Distasteful though the exercise is, it's possible with LuAnn also (booze, cigarettes and baby talk. I wonder if she pins him to the bed while growling 'Chic. C'est La Vie'?). But Bethenny? What is her higher purpose? Very sad. She's become a spiteful, nasty meangirl. And all that bulldust about empowering women? Nuh uh. Not anymore after the sister slaying she's embarked upon this season. 

If you give her a vape pen, I'd gladly swap place with the Tomster.

I can swim fairly well : )

• Love 3

Gonna make an observation?

We all cheer for the HWs, we have our fave and villians - they change year to year.

The reason that we are so invested with them is that we want to see their escapades and do things together.

When they are fun, they are fun.

When the train wrecks?

We watch and should our 'fave' act out?

We are offended because they act in a way that is contrary to OUR core beliefs.

---------

I have liked all the House ho's at one time or another - and I have been severely irritated by them all, too.

Not for who they date, the money they earn or shit like that.

It's the stupidity of the arguments and childishness the resort to.

I kinda like being a guy because we go out and actually try to figure things out.

It could be a game, a fight or some other kind of contest, We knock it out and forget it.

--------

One thing about the HWs - and pretty much anyone you meet - When you hear the words, "I never" or "I'm not"?

I immediately think you are a fucking liar.

Same thing with any house wife?

• Love 8
On 9/1/2016 at 0:10 AM, islandgal140 said:

B - take a look to your right and see Countess Luann. That is what zero fucks looks like. Known your ass for 8 years and still don't know nor care how to spell your name. LOL!

Read-not-Read-NeNe-Leakes-GIF-RHOA.gif

On 9/1/2016 at 0:42 AM, zoeysmom said:

Who in the hell wants a two week old cake layered?  C'mon Dorinda that is just ick.

How do I love thee?  let me count the ways in which this heffa is DEAD. ASS. WRONG.    Don't nobody's mama think that's a good idea. 

On 9/1/2016 at 0:51 AM, Midnight Cheese said:

Jules looks SO gorgeous!  Lush, pretty, stylish.  Damn!

(small voice)  I love Carole's entire reunion look and think she wears it - even seated for 12 hours - beautifully.

(Ray Liotta as Henry Hill in "Goodfellas" cokey cracky laughter): Ramona, you say Mario wanted to reconcile?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, Doris.  That dress.  Don't hurt my feelings, I like you even when I shouldn't.

Sonja's out for blood.  The thing is, no one, including Tom, has fucked Sonja, her money, her job opportunities, like Sonja has.  Sh's angry because in this rare period of sobriety, she knows she's not likely to marry up moneywise, and has no skills.  (The courtesan-level sex skillz are deployed by women 1, 2 generations younger who aren't terrible credit risks.) 

Were LuAnn's accusation about when Bethany (NEVAH FORGET) started 'dating' Dennis Shields untrue, that satin and jewelry-covered mongoose would've remained seated.  Until we meet again, Felicia.

nva28et.gif {{opens hand}} here girl, this yours now.

On 9/1/2016 at 2:40 AM, Muffyn said:

Carol looks like she's doing Little House on the Prairie cosplay.

I'm hurt.   LMAO!!! 

On 9/1/2016 at 3:22 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Can I just say I'd so much rather have a Slutty Girl than a Skinny Girl anything?  Even if a Slutty Girl is made up of mud, slime & Jack Daniels -- still sounds way more appealing to me.

Hey, was there some kinda gauzy haze going on?  Filtering for these gals -- and maybe Satan Andy too?

At my house we call this the Diane Sawyer World News Tonight lens.    Vaseline. 

On 8/31/2016 at 1:04 PM, Ellee said:

real-housewives-of-new-york-season-8-sne

Reunion picture from Bravo.

Just curious..... do you think Sonja is holding:

a.  A gift from Rocco to show how serious he is with her.

b.  A new product line that can be made at home in Sonja's toaster oven.

c.  Something Sonja found in her basement that she needs to find out what it is.

OR --

The goiter of malcontent each has for the other?

Ya'll covered everything I had in my craw.   I gotta go back and catch up for the rest!  Happy weekend!

• Love 12
On September 1, 2016 at 11:52 AM, shoegal said:

You are correct, the daughter says the back surgery was about a year ago, which would mean that he was laid up for about half the year before dating Bethenny.  It seems the daughter knows where the dad was for those months after the surgery....since B and Shields went public in November, sounds like the daughter has a good idea of the timeline. 

I had spine surgery, and was only actually laid up for a few weeks.  Good try though Beth.

• Love 11

Again, I hate the fucking word play and excuses the housewives put out there.

Stop with the 'extenuating circumstances'.

It's NOT an affair because they are separated.

No, you cannot bypass being the 'other woman' because of this.

If you are going to throw dirt, bury the fucker - a handful of dirt in someone's face, then turning tail before you get throttled is a punk, chicken shit move.

Stop with the fuckery about "dating" - You 'go out' with friends, a date means that you have a connection or there is the potential for some pee pee rubbing. Seeing someone means you are intimate and are rubbing pee pees. It's an easy guide to love.

Stop with the hysteria.

If someone JUMPED up and got into my face? I'd laugh at them, why?

Because I can? I have seen people get punched for acting like a HW at a reunion.

----------

I like to thing women are things of beauty, grace and strength.

Someone once told me that men would never be as tough as a woman.

I think the line goes, "try pushing a watermelon out from between your legs", Um that is pretty remarkable, but I'll leave that to the pros?

So, if women are so tough?

why do they let little things bother them?

• Love 2

I guess that I would be considered a "Bethenny supporter", though honestly I consider myself a supporter of all of these lunatics (even you, Ramona), but I thought calling the daughter was inappropriate too. Just wanted to get that out there.

Did anything else happen during this reunion? I swear there were parts I enjoyed and laughed at. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I guess that I would be considered a "Bethenny supporter", though honestly I consider myself a supporter of all of these lunatics (even you, Ramona), but I thought calling the daughter was inappropriate too. Just wanted to get that out there.

Did anything else happen during this reunion? I swear there were parts I enjoyed and laughed at. 

What is interesting to me is I bet if you polled this board, the vast majority of us who now despise Bethenny actually loved her the first three seasons.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

What is interesting to me is I bet if you polled this board, the vast majority of us who now despise Bethenny actually loved her the first three seasons.

Not me.  For the record, I always deplored her.  And Carole, too.  I'm sad Heather jumped ship because had she stayed, ya'll would've realized I was right about her, too. LOL

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Not me.  For the record, I always deplored her.  And Carole, too.  I'm sad Heather jumped ship because had she stayed, ya'll would've realized I was right about her, too. LOL

That's funny!  I loved Bethenny until she came back.  Of course, I never watched her other shows -- the talk show, the reality show.  My only other exposure to her after was when she came back onto RHONY last year and my dislike of her started.

Carole I flip flop on.  I don't like her now suddenly puritanical state. I liked it better when she seemed to be able to fuck Russ and not care what he was doing when they weren't together.

However, I suspect that Carole is a very likeable person to be around if you knew her in person.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I am in the always have detested Luann camp from the beginning camp. Have never strayed.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Haha!

6 minutes ago, beeziebee said:

Jules is stunningly beautiful.  

Agreed. I wasn't sure about Jules in the beginning - she's such a dim bulb and I have a really hard time with dumb cast members, but I warmed up to her. She seems like a genuinely pleasant person too. SO FAR. :)

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Idk if I'd say I luved her, but she was funny & fun back then.  Far, far, far different than the jittery, bitter, angry, humorless, cruel, monstrous lunatic who's taken over the show & heading up the Satan couch at this reunion.

Wife or daughter?  Who gives a fuck?  Why get either of 'em involved in this & put 'em on national TV -- even if it's just as a voice by phone?  Only a cruel thoughtless monster like Bethenny would think it's OK to do that.  

Seriously, the only one to confirm when they got together would be Dennis Shields.  And given she still hasn't mentioned his name & probably won't, guess that's not gonna happen.  Nah, this is just Bethenny being cagey & coy & playing by her own rules.  "Brutally honest", eh?  Ha!

As far as Bethenny mentioning him during the season?  Meh!  She never mentioned his name.  NEVER!  Nobody else on ANY of the Housewives shows would EVER be able to get away with this shit.  And make no mistake, she was forced to come clean about him because of comments on social media -- after viewer reaction to her name-calling & slut-shaming of Lu.

Well, Bethenny went thru all of last season while she had a boyfriend & DM had pics of her traveling to Miami with him.  Last season, she never spoke of dating anyone specifically & certainly never mentioned his name.  She clearly figured she could get away with pulling this same bullshit again.  And she might have been able to -- if she hadn't unloaded that cruel screeching tirade at Lu.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 15

Hopefully some producer is watching the interaction among these women and coming to the conclusion there needs to be a cast reshuffle.  Luann and Bethenny detest each other, ditto Dorinda and Sonya.  Carole doesn't like Luann either.  IRL these women wouldn't associate and forcing them to film together next season is going to be cringeworthy if it happens.  Ramona has come out and said her private life is off limits to the show so her contribution is reduced to bitchy comments and badly acted fake "I just rolled out of bed with my latest conquest" scenes.  The same can be said of Carole, bitchy remarks and dog weddings, no honesty.  I don't know if Jules should come back, she seems nice but she also seems to have serious issues which I question whether they should be played out on tv.  Ugly divorce, eating disorder, dying dad, all very negative and she seems sad all the time.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

I liked her through the Scary Island season - whatever one that was.   I stopped watching for a little bit after that, mainly because I could not stand Kelly Bensimmon, and picked up again after she left. 

Bethenny for the first season or two at least, was fairly witty and she made comments that I think often reflected what the viewers were thinking.  Plus it was interesting to watch her build her brand - remember her walking around that grocery store with those muffins no one wanted? Or at the birthday party Alex and Simon threw for their son?  She was, at that time, a good mix with the other women.

The problem now is she has become mean, and, as I have commented before, there is no balance to her - the entire season has been Bethenny's opinions, Bethenny's comments, and I  bet she has had 90% of the talking heads (with anyone rarely contradicting her).  It's just too much.   At least when Brandi was on RHOBH, she was balanced by the other women - imagine if that show had been all Brandi all the time?

Bravo did not make a mistake in bringing Bethenny back - their mistake was that they handed the show over to her.  And I think that was a serious miscalculation.

True -- last season she didn't bother me as much either.  It's mostly this season she's turned the corner for me in terms of despising her.  She's the authority on everything.  Not to mention, she used to be sort of shocking in a funny way but now she's just vulgar for the sake of vulgar in addition to being a generally not nice person.  Belittling Jules, particularly the eating disorder was beyond the pale.  Add slut shaming to the mix and she crossed over to mean for the sake of mean.  The icing on the cake was how fucking rude she is to her driver.  Clean your own goddamned bloody pillow.

• Love 13

Does the timeline of when she started dating Shields matter?  It really doesn't.  Not to me.  If she hadn't been screeching about Lu sleeping with married men, she never would've felt the need to share such private stuff.  And she still wasn't sorry for slut-shaming Lu.  That was pretty astounding to me.  I mean her total lack of self-awareness.  Does she really not know her level of cruelty & horribleness?   I find that hard to believe.

I'm also astounded by the depths of cruelty of asshole Bethenny's lackeys on the Satan couch.  Why did Carole keeping chiming in with only support of Bethenny's cruelty?  Seriously, I don't get Carole now.  Does she wanna morph into Bethenny to become angry & bitter & hold grudges over nonsense forever?  What is her motivation to support Bethenny in attacking Lu?  Is she stil bitter over the crap with Adam?  Really?  Oy, Carole -- ew, just ew.

And Moaner sitting there grinning while Bethenny was attacking Lu?  Oh man, I threw a shoe at my TV.  You suck, Moaner.  First the disloyalty to Sonja & now this.  All to suck up to Bethenny & keep a seat on the Satan couch.  Why, Moaner, why are ya sucking up to the Frankelstein monster?  

Oh Moaner, you should be dragging the Frankelstein monster by her thinning hair back to the Brooklyn Bridge & giving her the same kinda horrible speech ya gave her back then.  Except then it was vile & awful & she didn't deserve it.  And now she does deserve to be told off this way.  Eh, I might luv for that to happen, but it won't cuz Moaner is too skeered of Bethenny now & lives in her asshole.  And Lu just ain't up to giving Bethenny a Brooklyn Bridge beatdown as Moaner did back then.  Sigh, this show is just not what it once was.  Sniff.

Bring Jillzy back, Satan Andy.  She's the only who can take down the Frankelstein monster & save the show.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 15

There is somewhat of a correlation between the Shields and the de Lesseps.  Luann misrepresented her marriage Season 1 & 2 to maintain a little family dignity.  I don't see the Shields varying too far from that script.  Once it hits the gossip columns, you have two choices, point a bunch of fingers and take the family patriarch down a peg or two for a wandering eye, or when caught simply continue the façade under the protective umbrella of protecting the  family patriarch.  The problem in the Shields family matters is it involves Bethenny and she is demanding to be included under the same protective umbrella.  I picture the Real Sister Wives of New York City in the near future.  Bethenny, Carole and Jill servicing Dennis and their collective broods with Ramona, Sonja and Luann servicing Tom. 

It is not as if there haven't been blind items and out and out stories calling the Shields/Frankel relationship out.  There is  part of me that believes  some how these stories for inside sources were designed to force the hand of the Shields and make public their separation. Guess who that benefits. 

Since Bethenny pretends to not know what slut shaming is, will she at least cop to knowing that name calling and swearing at people is consider a character flaw?  Her character flaws have been pointed out repeatedly from her mother, to her ex-husbands.  Bethenny cannot seem to leave a romantic relationship without scorched earth.  I would say Bethenny's biggest character flaw is an astounding lack of loyalty and the need to have others live by her rules.

• Love 5

I'm only on page 3 so far but Bethanny has really sliced her nose down to practically non-existent. I could barely look away.  I was transfixed.  That was my main thought from this reunion.

I'm all for high fashion, I just think Carole missed the mark here.

Jules looked absolutely beautiful.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

True -- last season she didn't bother me as much either.  It's mostly this season she's turned the corner for me in terms of despising her.  She's the authority on everything.  Not to mention, she used to be sort of shocking in a funny way but now she's just vulgar for the sake of vulgar in addition to being a generally not nice person.  Belittling Jules, particularly the eating disorder was beyond the pale.  Add slut shaming to the mix and she crossed over to mean for the sake of mean.  The icing on the cake was how fucking rude she is to her driver.  Clean your own goddamned bloody pillow.

I sent my 9.99 to the "Fuck you Meth Frankhell" fan club right after the "clean up in aisle" incident - I guess I would have help the lady up and then laughed at her?

(I believe that some drunk lady either recognized them or was asking who they were - she noticed the cameras? She fell and Beth ran out of the casino while laughing and said, "Clean up on aisle ---")

moron.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, queenjen said:

I saw the incredulity during the reunion when they all questioned Dorinda as to marrying John. Because that's what you do, Dorinda, you village idiot! Here she is, with a perfectly acceptable male that she sees 3 times a week, who is limited to a schedule for visits by Dorinda. who still wants to marry her! The women all leaned forward, presumably to activate higher oxygen uptake to their brains due to the Spanx constriction on reunion night, so they could best process the conundrum that is Dorinda. Marriage is the ultimate prize here.

John wouldn't be a perfectly acceptable male for me (seriously--if I ever tell you ONCE not to do that "there's something on your shirt" thing where you hit my nose with your finger when I look down, you damn well better not EVER do it again).  But if Dorinda is okay with him, then good for her, and when she said she went to the Berkshires for 8 days by herself, I was impressed that's she's working both angles to her satisfaction--a committed relationship and independence.

I think nobody can ever have it all, but in my book, she's pretty close.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Trooper York said:

I cook for my wife every night. Tonight it is popcorn chicken with gluten free bread crumbs. A salad with red onion, black olives, feta and a fresh dressing of olive oil and lemon. With a side veg of asparagus in garlic and oil with pecorino romano cheese.  A fresh iced cold lemonade with stevia.  Mixed fruit for dessert.

Most of us do things like that with our loves. We aren't at the hotel bar sucking face or hanging out doing lines in the bathroom. 

Trooper York, you and Dos Equis sound like great guys like my husband.  I make poor Mr. Gaily watch the Housewives and he does so while we enjoy a lovely dinner (we take turns cooking -- tonight it's grilled shrimp, fresh corn, salad, sauvignon blanc). Agree that the simple things in life make it worth living.

Now on to the Reunion Part One.  I think they all looked great -- even Carole.  Her dress was not my cup of tea but I admire her bravery and really liked her makeup. Jules looked so fabulous -- agree with what the other posters have said.  Sonja looked lovely -- great hair and makeup.  Plus the blush color of her dress looked wonderful on her.  I loved LuAnn's 70s jumpsuit and her makeup was nice.  She looked so much better than last year (remember the red face, red chest and fugly green dress with the silver jewelry?  So rare to see her make a mis-step).  I was not as crazy about Ramona's look but she did not look horrible or anything. The white dress washed Beth out a bit.

I still think the whole LuAnn/Tom scenario is a set-up.  LuAnn, Ramona and Sonja were the hold-outs last year and did not get signed back to the show until the last minute. I think they concocted the storyline to get more money.  The producers needed them -- what else were they going to do?  What else did they have?   Just Jules' eating disorder, Dorinda's bust-ups with John and Carole's vegan cookbook shenanigans were all they had to work with so they had to invest in this.  It is just not believable to me that someone as attractive, vibrant and worldly as LuAnn would avidly pursue Tom and desperately want to marry a manwhore who has already been with her girlfriends and was busted making out with a much younger woman at a very popular and visible hotel bar.

Still, I am not complaining. I really enjoyed this season and find the franchise much better than the others (I'm talking to you boring RHOC).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

Nah. Heather had 3 seasons to show her ass.  And she was the same gal from beginning to end--love her or hate her.  I seriously doubt a 4th season would have turned the majority of fans against her. 

Carole, on the other hand, had many more detractors starting in season 2 with the Aviva brouhaha. 

Bring Jillzy back, Satan Andy.  She's the only who can take down the Frankelstein monster & save the show.

That would be TOO good.  I don't hold out much, if any, hope that it will happen. But damn, I would love it if it did!

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10

I'm always days behind in posting so most of what I usually want to say has been said already, but damn...Bethenny is one miserable c*nt.   She has lost her mind. Gives zero fucks? Yeah, right. And that "Lie-Ann" thing? Super lame.  She needs some better material. 

Is it me or did Andy seem to be a little on the LuAnn train? I don't think he cares for slut shaming.  Tsk, tsk Beth. 

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm only on page 3 so far but Bethanny has really sliced her nose down to practically non-existent. I could barely look away.  I was transfixed.  That was my main thought from this reunion.

I'm all for high fashion, I just think Carole missed the mark here.

Jules looked absolutely beautiful.

Lari4.jpgLet's hope this look Bethenny copied does not cause anyone to go ape.

640_bethenny_frankel_snapchat-30091bfc-5

• Love 4

Bethenney accusing Jules of coming on the show to get a divorce?  What does that even mean?  Her recent nose job has gone too far.  Her nostrils are extremely pinched. How does she draw enough breath to even spew all her insults?  Guess it's that big mouth of hers. 

Jules looked like she might have gained a little weight at least in the face but it's more likely she got fillers to plump out the hollows of her cheeks. 

Carole looks like like a sister wife that escaped from the compound. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Here's a tweet from the person who does not want to destroy anyone

Clipboard01.jpg

I wonder how the other franchises feel about the assertion there is any snow at all in their franchise.  BH, NJ, ATL, Potomac  and OC must be so pleased with this tweet.  Irresponsible and chicken shit.  She didn't want to hurt anyone at the Reunion and backed down and let the delusional one run with it.  Sonja and Bethenny need to have a wake up call. 

If I were John I would be really angry over this.  This is the kind of totally unnecessary crap that keeps legal departments busy.  She has now officially gone after John's business.  John's biggest headache use to be Dorinda touching the garments and John worried people would think she wore them.  It my be only dry cleaning but everyone considers his family business top notch in what they do.

When this whole conversation started, back at the bra party, I felt sorry for John because he had a business and allegations can lead to search warrants and a search of his business could close him down for days or weeks and cause untold damage.  That puts people out of work and it is just not right.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Bravo did not make a mistake in bringing Bethenny back - their mistake was that they handed the show over to her.  And I think that was a serious miscalculation.

Was it a mistake to bring her back?  In theory -- no.  But I knew what's happening now was exactly gonna happen.  I knew at this point she'd be impossible to control.  Her ego now is too out of whack.  And whether it's Satan Andy or the other producers, nobody seems to be making any effort to balance Bethenny out with the rest of the cast -- to ANY degree whatsoever.  And this imbalance is throwing the show off.  It just is.  Mainly because her hatefulness & cruelty has taken the show over.

Could the show work well again with Bethenny?  No, I don't think so -- not with who Bethenny is now.  I don't think turning the show into The Bethenny Show works at all-- mostly because who she is now is sooo deeply repugnant, with her relentless & humorless cruelty & hatefulness.  Jeez, everyone is either kissing up to her or is terrified of her or is waiting to be brutally & mercilessly attacked by her.  That's what we're left with.  That's the show now.  Look, if you're happy with it this way, then keep watching & have a ball.  Me?  I can't stand it.  Bethenny & Bethenny alone has ruined what was once a fun show & turned it into a hatefest -- and one that rarely (actually, almost never) makes me laugh.  Ew, blech, yuck & no thanks, Bethenny, Bravo & Satan Andy.

• Love 21

You know, I'm sorta reminded how Bethenny's name-calling & slut-shaming of Lu wasn't even her most hateful, cruel & vile behavior toward another cast member this season.  No, I thought her constant mocking of Jules' ED's (in what seemed like a billion TH's of Bethenny) was pretty fuckin' lowball & horrifying.  I guess Jules will have her turn at the Frankelstein monster.  

Hmmm, I'm just wondering what the reactions will be to Jules from the assholes on the Satan couch.  How will monster Bethenny spin this?  And how will Carole (or STFU Carole -- as I will now refer to her) support her?  As obnoxiously & lame as she did in this ep?  And will Moaner continue to sit on the Satan couch, posing so damn stupidly with those dumbass extensions & grinning endlessly while Bethenny cruelly shits all over anyone NOT on the Satan couch?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Watching this the second time around, Bethenny appears on the verge of a mental breakdown she seems that unstable.

Her mask is hanging by a thread and she knows it - PANIC! PANIC! PANIC!

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Bethenney kept saying that she hadn't seen the wife of her boyfriend aka old school friend in 27 years...she just happened to have her cell phone number and called her out of the blue and that women actually answered?  I am not buying it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say....Dennis had her number?

5 hours ago, mwell345 said:

I don't either.   Bethenny keeps referring to Jill as some kind of high school friend from 25 or 30 years ago - the implication being they were not currently close.  I have read otherwise, and that the three of them (Bethenny, Jill and what's his name) frequently went to dinner together.  That there was a recent relationship between Jill and Bethenny makes more sense to me - because I'm not buying that Bethenny "just happened" to run into the "newly separated" husband of someone she hadn't seen since "high school" and a relationship evolved. 

And if that's the case - that Bethenny's relationship with him started after the separation and she hadn't seen Jill in years - why the "time stamp" phone call to someone you are not close to, and who is separated anyway.  Why would you care what someone you aren't close to and who is already separated thinks?  I think they were having an intimate dinner and someone saw them and Bethenny decided to cover her bases.  Apparently she lives by time stamps, and I think she wanted that one for precisely the reason she used it at the reunion - "Look, I called his wife on THIS DATE AND TIME so clearly AT THAT DATE AND TIME nothing was going on."

Bethenny is her own worst enemy.   She should have just owned it early on but I guess that's hard to do when your shaming others for it.

I don't think that Bethenny is trying to sell the story that she and Dennis "just happened" to run into each other.  I think what she is saying is that she and Dennis had a friendship for many years, and they went to dinner together while Jill and Dennis were going through their separation/divorce, and things started from there.  As to why Bethenny would feel the need to call 'someone she wasn't close to'.....I mean, it's not like some random woman off the street, or some chick she hasn't seen or spoken to in 25 years.  Even if she and Bethenny were not besties, they did have some relationship, obviously, and it's more out of respect for the relationship between Jill and Dennis, not about the relationship between Jill and Bethenny. 

As to "owning it", she does and did own it from the very beginning....the problem is that others, like LuAnn, are trying to portray the relationship as something it was/is not (according to Bethenny).  LuAnn is just trying to get back and Bethenny and is going to use every weapon in her arsenal, whether she thinks or cares if it's true or not, to try and take Bethenny down and get back at her.  I thought the funniest part of the reunion was when LuAnn said "sticks and stones may break my bones"....and then proceeded to whine about Bethenny calling her names.  I am guessing LuAnn doesn't understand the meaning of that saying.  Maybe because she "speaks three languages". 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 8

I think Jules looked absolutely gorgeous on the reunion and seems to be a really nice person. Beth is a mean, bitter, hateful, vile excuse for a human being. I want her to get off of my TV forever. Lord help her sweet little girl.

• Love 14