Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Duke2801 said:

And YES 2 thumbs up to the poster to likened Carole's dress to Jill's fugly bridesmaid dress from Odd Mom Out. TOO right!! (that show kills  me, btw- love it)

I've never seen Odd Mom Out but I remember "Gunsmoke" and Carole's dress looked like something Miss Kitty would have worn.

• Love 11

Another site says that Dennis "Panty" Shields has 2 daughters and the other one absolutely loathes Bethenny.   Bethenny hates her own mother so maybe that's why she and the kid get along

Wrong on the first point so this site is making it up as it goes along.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, HumblePi said:

I just have to say that the fighting, yelling and talking over each other is pretty much standard conduct for any housewife reunion, so I settle down and just enjoy it. I don't think I'm a prude or a judgemental person especially when it comes to these wealthy women on the Housewives franchises, but I have to say that bringing into public awareness the fact that there's a lot of drugs done by some (maybe all) of the housewives sort of makes me feel disenchanted with them. I guess it's a sense of disappointment knowing that even though they party by drinking too much then and becoming unabashed and lash out to each other, the idea of them doing lines of coke behind the camera or in the ladies room sort of makes me think a lot less of them if that's even possible. Drugs are still illegal, right? Our prisons are filled with punks from the hood caught selling drugs, even marijuana carries a prison sentence if caught dealing. The thought that our lovely housewives are wealthy thus giving them free rein to purchase and use illegal substances just sort of makes me ill. They're appropriating illegal substances and using while the person who sold them might be arrested and rotting at Rikers Island. When we think of the explosion of drug addictions in this country we never really envision a bunch of uber-wealthy socialites, we think of punks in the ghetto selling drugs or using them in the secrecy of a dark alley. Aren't they all complicit in breaking the law? Okay, that's off my chest.

I absolutely loved Jule's dress. There's nothing about it I didn't like, the shoulder pads, the V-neck, the golden crystals, the contrast of black to glitter, all of it was truly impressive. Plus the fact that Jules has a perfect model body even if she's anorexic like most models. Compared to the sophisticated look Jules had, everyone else looked stale, tacky and then Carole who looked like bride of The Mummy.

Jules-reunion-dress.jpg

cf3278234195dc35c0c1643d779681c7.jpg

Balmain Crystal V Neck Velvet Mini Dress $3698 Sold Out

I agree - I think Jules looks the best of all of them.  The dress is perfect for her and for the Reunion - not too overly done, just a perfect LBD cocktail dress with a just enough bling to make it interesting.

Plus, I think Jules is doing well since she and her little shit of a husband separated.  Her face appears fuller, and she looks healthier, overall.  Makeup and hair were en pointe, as well.  

Wish I could afford that dress - I would wear it to death!!  :-)

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Well, I can see you have never had a relationship that borders on being 'inappropriate'.

There is no 'fuzzy line' when it comes to wanting to fuck a friend. You want to fuck them, no ? about it.
Yep, I have wanted to fuck most of the people I have known on my time on earth, but I wanted my relationships to be without hassle and the thought that they were unencumbered by people on the outside, looking in.

The whole key is knowing what is 'inappropriate' and keeping your hands to yourself, your dick/vagina in your pants and your dignity intact.

I'd never want to fuck a woman who has balls, can cuss better than I can and has plumbing that is all fucked up - I've got pride and I'd be dipped in shit if I was going to be seen with someone as manic as BF.

But, that is the way I roll.

That's the fuzzy line.  It's one thing to want to fuck your friend, even if you are married to someone who is not that friend....but until you act on it, it's a "fuzzy line".  IMO at least. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, shoegal said:

That's why I do believe Bethenny's timeline, because I don't for one second believe that Bethenny would open herself up by screaming at LuAnn, "What married man have I ever slept with??" if she were or had been having an affair with some guy.  I just don't see Bethenny being sloppy and opening herself up to someone piping in "Ummmm, Dennis Shields??".  Now, of course, she is open to the criticism (although the whole "they aren't divorced yet" thing seems like a lot of hair splitting, but I get it on a technicality).....but then, I fully believe her dating/romantic relationship with Dennis hadn't started because she screamed that with such conviction and seemingly no fear that anyone would out her.  I just don't see Bethenny taking that chance.

Which is what I would have expected of Dorinda about the "untrue" drug accusation, but she didn't. She showed more emotion bitching about making everything nice for the hens in the Berserkshires.

Speaking of hens, reunions always make me think of squawking hen fights and The Music Man..."pick a little, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little, cheep, cheep, cheep, pick a lot, talk a little more."

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, WordsWordsWords said:

I also don't think any of these woman has any claim to any sort of moral high ground. They're all pretty much on the same level, one way and another.  I'm still watching, though, so their delusions, pretensions, and general foolishness haven't turned me off or (even worse) bored me.

You said it, WordsWordsWords.  They're all terrible in their own way. Some moreso than others, of course. With the exception of Jules (so far). Then again... I do remember her "age shaming" in the beginning of the season. So, let's just say that she's the best of the worst.

But that's what makes the show entertaining and makes for good discussion. 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

AMEN.

The way Beth was screaming like acting like a lunatic while Lu sat cool, calm, and collected is all you need to know.  She's busted, guilty, and knows that SHE is the hypocrite.

And seriously, enough with the slut shaming Beth.  The "Lu fucked everyone in Manhattan" bullshit is disgusting.  Maybe Beth harbors angst against Lu because she knows men want to bed Lu money or no money.  

My mom had a wonderful way to 'read' a situation and she imparted me this tidbit of wisdom.

She said, "when you go to a funeral, look for the people who are acting hysterically. They cry, wail and drape themselves over the casket - They are the ones with the guiltiest conscience because they treated the deceased, badly".

Part of it is their conscience and the desire to show that they are truly sadden by the passing of the deceased when, in fact, they treated them like shit.

With a little modification you can apply the same principle to this case?

Beth is screaming about shit that doesn't concern her and trying to show that she is above the fray?

A star burns bright, before it flickers out and dies.

12 minutes ago, shoegal said:

That's the fuzzy line.  It's one thing to want to fuck your friend, even if you are married to someone who is not that friend....but until you act on it, it's a "fuzzy line".  IMO at least. 

When my mind gets fuzzy, I ball up one hand into a fist and smack myself in the head - Just to beat people to the punch.

• Love 9

I have a grown son who lived with us for quite awhile.  He had no clue what his dad was up to, unless it was something his dad told him.  He doesn't know who his dad talks to, sees when he's not home, etc.   Calling the daughter is ridiculous.  It proved nothing, well, except that B is worried that this rumor has been going around (outside of RHNYC) and she's in damage control for her "brand"

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Bluedog100 said:

Betty....you beat me to it!!

The ugly bridesmaid dress from Odd Mom Out, as hideous as it was, is beautiful in comparison to the jacked-up Mummy Halloween costume that Carole was wearing.  Someone upthread mentioned it looked like the wedding dress rags that Dickens' Miss Havisham would wear, and they were 100% right!  

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

My mom had a wonderful way to 'read' a situation and she imparted me this tidbit of wisdom.

She said, "when you go to a funeral, look for the people who are acting hysterically. They cry, wail and drape themselves over the casket - They are the ones with the guiltiest conscience because they treated the deceased, badly".

Part of it is their conscience and the desire to show that they are truly sadden by the passing of the deceased when, in fact, they treated them like shit.

With a little modification you can apply the same principle to this case?

Beth is screaming about shit that doesn't concern her and trying to show that she is above the fray?

A star burns bright, before it flickers out and dies.

When my mind gets fuzzy, I ball up one hand into a fist and smack myself in the head - Just to beat people to the punch.

So true about funerals. My dad was a mortician and funeral director before working for the coroners office. Guilty consciences also buy very expensive funerals.

Pete Puma! "No thank you, I'll help myself. HEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

tumblr_m3cyy1gdRF1qm6sfao1_500.gif

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, shoegal said:

That's why I do believe Bethenny's timeline, because I don't for one second believe that Bethenny would open herself up by screaming at LuAnn, "What married man have I ever slept with??" if she were or had been having an affair with some guy.  I just don't see Bethenny being sloppy and opening herself up to someone piping in "Ummmm, Dennis Shields??".  Now, of course, she is open to the criticism (although the whole "they aren't divorced yet" thing seems like a lot of hair splitting, but I get it on a technicality).....but then, I fully believe her dating/romantic relationship with Dennis hadn't started because she screamed that with such conviction and seemingly no fear that anyone would out her.  I just don't see Bethenny taking that chance.

BUT she is/was sleeping with a married man, because he is STILL married!  Now different people think different things about having affairs while separated, but he is still married.  Do you know what you call a guy who is separated from his wife?  A MARRIED MAN.

B thinks that if she yells enough and talks over people enough, folks will believe here.

When did anyone decide that B’s married man was in the middle of a “long drawn out” divorce?  I thought they hadn’t even filed.  I recognize that, if your divorce drags on, it’s unlikely the parties won’t move on to other relationships, and B fits into that mold.  In those instances, it’s understandable and I wouldn’t be upset about it.  But this guy hadn’t even filed, he’s off limits in my opinion.  ESPECIALLY as to introducing your young daughter to him.

I actually agreed with Luann about the phone call to the “daughter.”  Do we even know it was his daughter?  B had that plan in place before the reunion.  If the daughter, what a horrible thing to do.   [whoops, see others beat me to it]   

Carol’s dress.  It also looks as if she had material added so that the dress wouldn’t be sheer, and that doesn’t help.  When I saw her I thought “Gunny Sax”(sp?) from the 1970’s, anyone remember those dresses?  Think Little House on the Prairie.  Her hair even looks like that.  It’s a ridiculous look for her.  Heck, I think the dress is horrible even on the model, please Lord tell me Tom and Lorenzo didn’t like it?!?  But then again, I’m sitting at work in a Talbot’s twin set (one of about 5 million that I own) and tan slacks, so what do I know about fashion.

Dorinda and John.  Never mind that Sonja of all people claimed he would never fit in, jeez Dorinda shit all over him in her comparisons to her second husband.  If John doesn’t leave her after that, he has no self-respect.  Drugs?  Well, Dorinda clearly drinks way too much, maybe she mixes that with drugs.

Loved, loved that Luann still can’t (won’t?) spell B’s name correctly!  Loved it, a more “I don’t give a s**t about you” couldn’t have happened.  B and what's her name in BH, THAT'S zero f**ks!

• Love 20
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

This whole Bethenny hating on the Countess goes back to Season 1 and Luann being offered a book deal on elegance.

These are the 12 things Luann claims elegant people do not do publicly:

(1) Exposing the sole of a shoe when crossing legs for all to see.

(2) Yawning.  If you can't help it cover your mouth.

(3) Chewing gum, use breath mints. 

(4) Displaying nervous habits, nail biting neck cracking.

(5) Speaking loudly.

(6) Staring

(7) Pointing

(8) Losing one's temper.

(9) Applying make-up in public

(10)  Combing or brushing your hair.

(11) Being negative

(12) Putting on airs being snobby or pretentious.

How any of these 12 things make Luann such a phony and a whore for writing them is beyond me.  Bethenny sometimes just doesn't have her cogs turning correctly.  Luann got a book deal and Bethenny had one coming out.  If dispensing unsolicited advice is a some sort of moral shortcoming maybe Bethenny should look at eight of her nine books.  Again with the book on etiquette and calling Luann a whore. 

What Bethenny fails to acknowledge is in her early twenties Luann enjoyed success on television not be married to the Count.  There is this envy of Luann that runs through Bethenny that is inexplicable.  I am sure there is some reason Luann should be denied the tennis victory over Ramona Season 1. 

It is far better when Luann choses to talk about her sex life, than when Bethenny decides to slam it.  People could draw their own conclusions without Bethenny editorializing and exaggerating.   

Carole correcting Luann on the Countess thing, people can address Luann however they please.  It would only be inappropriate if Luann demanded to be called Countess.  Ina Garten bought and sold Barefoot Contessa, in the Hamptons, wrote 10 Barefoot Contessa cookbooks. People may not always know who Ina Garten is but a connection is made when Barefoot Contessa is attached to her name.  Andy has always referred to Luann as the Countess.  I am sure if Sonja married Bill Smith she would still answer to Sonja Morgan.  

I love this post so much, ZM!!!  I agree, that Bethenny's hatred for Luann runs deep and long - all the way back to Season 1.  I think it started when Luann told Bethenny that she shouldn't introduce people to her driver by using first names.  Right there, Bethenny was "scolded" on TV by another - she didn't like that.  Then, I wonder if Bethenny thought she would be the break-out star of the franchise, and maybe asked to write a cookbook, or something - instead, Luann got the book deal.  

And, if those twelve rules above are what are in Luann's book, Bethenny isn't very "elegant" (well, neither are any of the housewives).  She breaks several of those rules all the time!  

• Love 12
  6 hours ago, HumblePi said:

I just have to say that the fighting, yelling and talking over each other is pretty much standard conduct for any housewife reunion, so I settle down and just enjoy it. I don't think I'm a prude or a judgemental person especially when it comes to these wealthy women on the Housewives franchises, but I have to say that bringing into public awareness the fact that there's a lot of drugs done by some (maybe all) of the housewives sort of makes me feel disenchanted with them. I guess it's a sense of disappointment knowing that even though they party by drinking too much then and becoming unabashed and lash out to each other, the idea of them doing lines of coke behind the camera or in the ladies room sort of makes me think a lot less of them if that's even possible. Drugs are still illegal, right? Our prisons are filled with punks from the hood caught selling drugs, even marijuana carries a prison sentence if caught dealing. The thought that our lovely housewives are wealthy thus giving them free rein to purchase and use illegal substances just sort of makes me ill. They're appropriating illegal substances and using while the person who sold them might be arrested and rotting at Rikers Island. When we think of the explosion of drug addictions in this country we never really envision a bunch of uber-wealthy socialites, we think of punks in the ghetto selling drugs or using them in the secrecy of a dark alley. Aren't they all complicit in breaking the law? Okay, that's off my chest.

I absolutely loved Jule's dress. There's nothing about it I didn't like, the shoulder pads, the V-neck, the golden crystals, the contrast of black to glitter, all of it was truly impressive. Plus the fact that Jules has a perfect model body even if she's anorexic like most models. Compared to the sophisticated look Jules had, everyone else looked stale, tacky and then Carole who looked like bride of The Mummy.

Jules-reunion-dress.jpg

cf3278234195dc35c0c1643d779681c7.jpg

Balmain Crystal V Neck Velvet Mini Dress $3698 Sold Out

I agree - I think Jules looks the best of all of them.  The dress is perfect for her and for the Reunion - not too overly done, just a perfect LBD cocktail dress with a just enough bling to make it interesting.

Plus, I think Jules is doing well since she and her little shit of a husband separated.  Her face appears fuller, and she looks healthier, overall.  Makeup and hair were en pointe, as well.  

Wish I could afford that dress - I would wear it to death!!  :-)

I actually thought Dorinda looked absolutely radiant. I've never seen her look so good.

• Love 10
  46 minutes ago, shoegal said:

BUT she is/was sleeping with a married man, because he is STILL married!  Now different people think different things about having affairs while separated, but he is still married.  Do you know what you call a guy who is separated from his wife?  A MARRIED MAN.

B thinks that if she yells enough and talks over people enough, folks will believe here.

When did anyone decide that B’s married man was in the middle of a “long drawn out” divorce?  I thought they hadn’t even filed.  I recognize that, if your divorce drags on, it’s unlikely the parties won’t move on to other relationships, and B fits into that mold.  In those instances, it’s understandable and I wouldn’t be upset about it.  But this guy hadn’t even filed, he’s off limits in my opinion.  ESPECIALLY as to introducing your young daughter to him.

I actually agreed with Luann about the phone call to the “daughter.”  Do we even know it was his daughter?  B had that plan in place before the reunion.  If the daughter, what a horrible thing to do.   [whoops, see others beat me to it]   

Carol’s dress.  It also looks as if she had material added so that the dress wouldn’t be sheer, and that doesn’t help.  When I saw her I thought “Gunny Sax”(sp?) from the 1970’s, anyone remember those dresses?  Think Little House on the Prairie.  Her hair even looks like that.  It’s a ridiculous look for her.  Heck, I think the dress is horrible even on the model, please Lord tell me Tom and Lorenzo didn’t like it?!?  But then again, I’m sitting at work in a Talbot’s twin set (one of about 5 million that I own) and tan slacks, so what do I know about fashion.

Dorinda and John.  Never mind that Sonja of all people claimed he would never fit in, jeez Dorinda shit all over him in her comparisons to her second husband.  If John doesn’t leave her after that, he has no self-respect.  Drugs?  Well, Dorinda clearly drinks way too much, maybe she mixes that with drugs.

Loved, loved that Luann still can’t (won’t?) spell B’s name correctly!  Loved it, a more “I don’t give a s**t about you” couldn’t have happened.  B and what's her name in BH, THAT'S zero f**ks!

Other than not being able to legally marry someone else, being legally separated is not really considered by most people to be "married". At that point, you're not having an affair if you're involved with someone other than your soon-to-be-ex-wife, you're dating (as is she, most likely). Luann was claiming that Bethenny's boyfriend was still very much married and living at home with his family when he got involved with Bethenny, and that Bethenny was the reason his marriage ended, none of which is true.

• Love 7

I have a grown son who lived with us for quite awhile.  He had no clue what his dad was up to, unless it was something his dad told him.  He doesn't know who his dad talks to, sees when he's not home, etc.   Calling the daughter is ridiculous.  It proved nothing, well, except that B is worried that this rumor has been going around (outside of RHNYC) and she's in damage control for her "brand"

It's sort of silly to suggest that this man's adult daughter doesn't know what goes on in her own family. You think she never speaks to either of her parents? If Bethenny had been the cause of her parents' divorce, I'm pretty sure she'd know it, and I'm pretty sure her mother wouldn't hesitate to make that known as well.

• Love 8

I am not impressed with either Luann or Bethenny after watching part 1 of this shitshow.  

Luann really thought she was going to nail Bethenny to the wall, but she was just sputtering accusations that she seemed to think would be devastating on their own.  They weren't.  

I mean seriously, has she met Bethenny before?  Because that lame attempt at bringing her down was an embarrassment.  Luann should know after all this time that Bethenny is not going to be phased by someone coming at her with a completely predictable line of attack, especially when they have absolutely nothing to back it up.  Bethenny will yell louder, longer, make more faces, and generally persist in defending herself until you simply run out of energy to fight with her.  Which is just what happened.  You need receipts Luann!

Bethenny  was just as disappointing.  Her phone call to the daughter proved absolutely nothing except that she knew what Luann was going to accuse her of and she had the brass to actually involve this young woman in defending her messiness. Now everyone wants to know how old she is (me included), what her relationship with her mother is (me included), and all kinds of unflattering suggestions about her motives have become part of the narrative.  Nice work, Beth. 

I can't agree strongly enough with everyone else who has already pointed out that Ramona, Sonja, and Bethenny herself would lose their shit if the woman dating their ex pulled what she did with the daughter.  It's the crummiest thing I've seen Bethenny do in a long time.  Her rants and harangues toward her castmates (who signed up for this mess) don't bother me nearly as much as her needlessly involving a totally innocent young person in her seedy little drama.  And all for nothing.  It didn't do a damn bit of good. It didn't prove a thing. Anyway.

All-in-all, the whole "bombshell" thing was a big dud to me.  No "boom" just a dull thud.  No "there" there.  Meh. Whatever.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 14
46 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Well, I can see you have never had a relationship that borders on being 'inappropriate'.

There is no 'fuzzy line' when it comes to wanting to fuck a friend. You want to fuck them, no ? about it.
Yep, I have wanted to fuck most of the people I have known on my time on earth, but I wanted my relationships to be without hassle and the thought that they were unencumbered by people on the outside, looking in.

The whole key is knowing what is 'inappropriate' and keeping your hands to yourself, your dick/vagina in your pants and your dignity intact.

I'd never want to fuck a woman who has balls, can cuss better than I can and has plumbing that is all fucked up - I've got pride and I'd be dipped in shit if I was going to be seen with someone as manic as BF.

But, that is the way I roll.

My boyfriend says when heterosexual men engage women for the most part they don't want to be friends with them, they want to fuck 'em, or fuck their pretty friend.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I love this post so much, ZM!!!  I agree, that Bethenny's hatred for Luann runs deep and long - all the way back to Season 1.  I think it started when Luann told Bethenny that she shouldn't introduce people to her driver by using first names.  Right there, Bethenny was "scolded" on TV by another - she didn't like that.  Then, I wonder if Bethenny thought she would be the break-out star of the franchise, and maybe asked to write a cookbook, or something - instead, Luann got the book deal.  

And, if those twelve rules above are what are in Luann's book, Bethenny isn't very "elegant" (well, neither are any of the housewives).  She breaks several of those rules all the time!  

Bethenny had a book, too, Naturally Thin.  I don't think Bethenny is jealous of Class with the Countess.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

It's sort of silly to suggest that this man's adult daughter doesn't know what goes on in her own family. You think she never speaks to either of her parents? If Bethenny had been the cause of her parents' divorce, I'm pretty sure she'd know it, and I'm pretty sure her mother wouldn't hesitate to make that known as well.

It could go either way. Some parents have boundaries. Why disparage the other parent?

Also the daughter is not responsible for keeping track of her father's appendage.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

I'm with you on this, Shoegal.  Everything you said, PLUS just knowing that when I'm accused of something I didn't do, especially something so low class and hurtful, I FLIP the hell out.  I don't really stop flipping until I know I'm truly being believed.  

However, I also don't believe that there was NOTHING going on before they eventually did get down and dirty, whenever that might've been. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Giselle said:

My boyfriend says when heterosexual men engage women for the most part they don't want to be friends with them, they want to fuck 'em, or fuck their pretty friend.

He means "hetero dogs"?

I have more friends/pals that are women.  For some reason I get along better, have more fun and relate better.

Men have women friends, Guys with no self control will play the friendship game to score.

One thing that I pride myself in is the trust that my wife has in me. I do flirt with tons of women (no not to get into their pants) and have had tons of '10 second affairs' in my life.

As an 'grownup' adult male, I owe it to my wife NOT to fuck around, she has invested in me and I owe it to her to be honest and not act like a manwhore - she is another human being.

---------

I don't understand the word games and definitions.

Married is married. When you add the disclaimer "separated" how does that change the fact that, by law, you are still hitched? It's like lumping drunks, crackheads, wife beaters and speed freaks into the "abuser" category.

Call them as they are seen, If you are going to ding people, cut to the fucking chase and don't worry about their feelings?

• Love 6

This article from February makes me think that Shields' marriage was really over some time ago.  Allegedly, a friend of his says that "he's had feelings for her for a long time....", which makes me think it's entirely possible that this is a much bigger deal to the audience than it is to anyone inside the situation.  I don't recall any big denials of any of what was said, and Bethenny herself told Carole (during the holidays) that he said he'd marry her in a minute, or something to that effect.  That's pretty quick, if they supposedly started dating in November.  There was some history there....even if it was just feelings.

http://pagesix.com/2016/02/21/is-bethenny-frankel-dating-a-married-man-or-not/

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Castina said:

One more time.  The only thing that proves is he had surgery in July so probably couldn´t perform.  How does it prove they weren't together before the back surgery?  It proves nothing.

Let's get real here.  If ANY other woman on that couch, aside from the Victorian puritan that showed up last night, told the same story and timeline as Bethenny is doing BETHENNY would be the first person to call bullshit on them.

It proves that the daughter doesn't believe that her father was cheating on her mother. What else is there to say? Before we knew the context of the call and just knew there would be one, the charge was how horrid it was to pull this poor girl in to this deal. Now, while that is still there, people are questioning the daughter, like they would rather have her believe that her father cheated on her mother. At the end of the day, isn't the good thing that the girl doesn't want for people to think poorly of her father? 

• Love 12

Piping in only to say that I think what Dorinda was vehemently objecting to, re: the drug talk, was the implication of being an addict. Dorinda, like most of the women on that stage, are all about the appearance of "class" (that mythical unicorn). I'd imagine in their minds, it's one thing to "party" by maybe doing a couple lines of coke at a gathering; it's another to be in need of, and perhaps strung out on, drugs. That's not "classy" (heh. Ha. Ha! HA!). So, by Bethenny saying that Dorinda "does drugs," my guess is that Dorinda was trying to steer clear of "She's an addict" talk or any of its implications. It's not ladylike, you know. (Did you know that Dorinda used to run in academic and geopolitical circles?) 

What makes me say this is remembering last season and how she went off on Heather about Heather cursing. Like, gasp! It isn't ladylike, according to Ms. Medley. Dorinda. LuAnn. Ramona. Sonja. They're all about the appearance of being Classy Ladies Who Lunch--but then they show a clip of Ramona and John and Dorinda having it out on the street, and I laugh at the pretense of it all.

• Love 10

Tamara Tattles recap is up.

http://tamaratattles.com/2016/08/31/real-housewives-of-new-york-reunion-part-1-youre-a-horrible-person/

What's interesting is this:

Tamara says that she received an email that said that Bethenny had photos of another cast member (not Dorinda) doing drugs and Bethenny was told by production that it would be going too far "even for them" to let her show it on air.  She (Tamara) goes on to say  that she (Tamara) decided not to use the information because "who knows if it's true or not" but this conversation (the drug discussion)  made her think of it and she wonders if Bethenny had people following all of the other HW's to get some dirt on them.  She says Bethenny has "money to burn and axes to grind" and she thinks it also would also explain the "mutual friend" of Jules who Bethenny claims gave her the info on Jules marriage.

Bethenny has admitted that when she first received the pictures of Tom, she went to production with them.  I don't know if what Tamara is saying is true or not, but I would not put it past Bethenny which says a whole lot about the kind of person I think she is.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 9

Two things I found interesting that I've not heard discussed much:

Lu's anger at Jules when she reminded Beth of the phone call to the wife. Lu was pissed, throwing out her "thanks a lot Jules", not once, but twice. She seemed so angry and betrayed that Jules would bring up something that was clearly heard by many, and may explain away Beth's behavior. I thought it was very telling.

Then there was the part when Beth was defending the fact that her BF and his wife were separated before she began dating him, and said that Jules knew the situation because they had mutual friends. This was really interesting because Jules didn't deny the mutual friends statement, when recently on WWHL she denied that she and Beth had any mutual friends. 

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I actually don't think Bethenny was the cause of their divorce, but I have to say this: many, but not ALL parents put their need to smear the other parent before the needs of the kids, thankfully.  It's quite possible that this wife is a well-composed, at-peace woman who didn't need to share any of those details with their girls - if those details even existed.  Another possibility is that she couldn't care less what he was doing or who he was with. She may have had her own stuff going on.  There are all kinds of potential scenarios.

Like I said earlier, I think they were probably done a while ago.    

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

He means "hetero dogs"?

I have more friends/pals that are women.  For some reason I get along better, have more fun and relate better.

Men have women friends, Guys with no self control will play the friendship game to score.

One thing that I pride myself in is the trust that my wife has in me. I do flirt with tons of women (no not to get into their pants) and have had tons of '10 second affairs' in my life.

As an 'grownup' adult male, I owe it to my wife NOT to fuck around, she has invested in me and I owe it to her to be honest and not act like a manwhore - she is another human being.

---------

You are a good man!

My boyfriend still tells his grown daughter "All men are dogs!" ;-)  A dad will always be a dad. I told her she will always be his little girl even when he is 90 and she is 65. He and I also have that same trust in each other that you spoke of. My dad said "A man is gonna look till his dying day. " Boyfriend knows it's ok to look just don't touch, I even point them out to him.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Two things I found interesting that I've not heard discussed much:

Lu's anger at Jules when she reminded Beth of the phone call to the wife. Lu was pissed, throwing out her "thanks a lot Jules", not once, but twice. She seemed so angry and betrayed that Jules would bring up something that was clearly heard by many, and may explain away Beth's behavior. I thought it was very telling.

Then there was the part when Beth was defending the fact that her BF and his wife were separated before she began dating him, and said that Jules knew the situation because they had mutual friends. This was really interesting because Jules didn't deny the mutual friends statement, when recently on WWHL she denied that she and Beth had any mutual friends. 

I thought the first part looked way bad for LuAnn.  I would't want people to withhold anything if it was the truth, whether or not it helped my cause.  That would affect my credibility and the strength of my argument.  

As to the bolded, I still can't get over how wasted Jules was on WWHL.  Half the time, she didn't even answer Andy and she could barely even keep her eyes open, it appeared.  She was pretty anti-Bethenny at that time (not that she isn't now), and I think crap had just blown up between her and Michael.  I don't know that what she said then was very reliable.  Poor thing was a mess.  I'd like to see it touched on more, too, is what I guess I'm trying to say.  Ha!!

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

It could go either way. Some parents have boundaries. Why disparage the other parent?

Also the daughter is not responsible for keeping track of her father's appendage.

I know my parents fucked about 6 times, after that?

It's none of my business and I'd be hard pressed to pick up for my father for his new girlfriend?

THAT SAID?

The were married for more than 50 years, it works our to a little more that ONE fuck every 10 years.

Have you seen "Odd Mom Out"?  It is also a Bravo TV show.  I thought Bravo was doing some cross-promoting by having Carole wear a beige version of Odd Mom Out character, Jill Webber's matron of honor wedding dress.  By the way, Odd Mom Out is a comedy so the audience was supposed to think the dress was ugly.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I rarely believe anyone who claims they were "only friends" and then ends up dating someone right after they separate.  But I'm cynical like that, kinda like how everyone did a big eyeroll when Jolie and Pitt claimed they were just friends before the divorce.   The fact that Beth called her only makes me even more skeptical.  People have dinner with other members of the opposite sex.  There's no reason to call the soon to be ex.  The only way I believe that there *wasn't* something going on is that Beth felt a strong attraction and knew she would pursue it later and this was a CYA, preemptive strike move.

She's a very calculating person.  I don't think she does anything simply out of the kindness of her heart.

Yasss, PREACH dammit.  This is the only thing that makes sense. 

A prophylactic phone call because they had dinner with a group, and motormouth (fueled by Adderall?  blink blink blink.  Or coke?  sniffity-sniff, Skeletor) just wanted to give a heads-up as to the no-feelings, NBD of it all does not make any kind of internal sense as a social nicety.  Is Bethenny living under Sharia fucking law in her squirrely mind, or is the still-married Mrs. Shields?  "I sat next to a boy (a bald boy but still a boy) and we shared the communal olive oil dipping bowl before we got our entrees, and I just wanted you to know we didn't screw after calculating the tip ha ha ha!"

Chick is a liarface and nowhere near as intelligent and savvy as she thinks. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, Giselle said:

You are a good man!

My boyfriend still tells his grown daughter "All men are dogs!" ;-)  A dad will always be a dad. I told her she will always be his little girl even when he is 90 and she is 65. He and I also have that same trust in each other that you spoke of. My dad said "A man is gonna look till his dying day. " Boyfriend knows it's ok to look just don't touch, I even point them out to him.

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment - Do you remember the end of Saving Private Ryan?

The scene in the cemetery when Ryan tens to his wife and asks her if "He has been a good man"?

It's one thing to look in the mirror and ask the question, quite a bit more important when people around you believe it and would come to your defense, not your demise.

IF my name, family and marriage was the topic for others to throw around, I wouldn't have a second thought about it, My first one would be enough.

Buena suerte, Senor Fields - You have officially given your fucks away?

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Bethenny had a book, too, Naturally Thin.  I don't think Bethenny is jealous of Class with the Countess.

Yes, and iirc, Beth's book was somewhat well-received with decent reviews, while Lu's was basically laughed at and considered a joke. 

OK--- so I went back to Amazon to read some of the reviews for both.  I have to say that this featured review quote of Lu's "Class with the Countess" book made me chuckle:

"Being an extremely low-born and gauche person, I rely heavily on the Countess for tips on good manners and etiquette. She has also taught me how to be more sassy and alluring."
-Simon Doonan, creative director of Barney's New York, author of Eccentric Glamour 

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I am not impressed with either Luann or Bethenny after watching part 1 of this shitshow.  

Luann really thought she was going to nail Bethenny to the wall, but she was just sputtering accusations that she seemed to think would be devastating on their own.  They weren't.  

I mean seriously, has she met Bethenny before?  Because that lame attempt at bringing her down was an embarrassment.  Luann should know after all this time that Bethenny is not going to be phased by someone coming at her with a completely predictable line of attack, especially when they have absolutely nothing to back it up.  Bethenny will yell louder, longer, make more faces, and generally persist in defending herself until you simply run out of energy to fight with her.  Which is just what happened.  You need receipts Luann!

Bethenny  was just as disappointing.  Her phone call to the daughter proved absolutely nothing except that she knew what Luann was going to accuse her of and she had the brass to actually involve this young woman in defending her messiness. Now everyone wants to know how old she is (me included), what her relationship with her mother is (me included), and all kinds of unflattering suggestions about her motives have become part of the narrative.  Nice work, Beth. 

I can't agree strongly enough with everyone else who has already pointed out that Ramona, Sonja, and Bethenny herself would lose their shit if the woman dating their ex pulled what she did with the daughter.  It's the crummiest thing I've seen Bethenny do in a long time.  Her rants and harangues toward her castmates (who signed up for this mess) don't bother me nearly as much as her needlessly involving a totally innocent young person in her seedy little drama.  And all for nothing.  It didn't do a damn bit of good. It didn't prove a thing. Anyway.

All-in-all, the whole "bombshell" thing was a big dud to me.  No "boom" just a dull thud.  No "there" there.  Meh. Whatever.

I'm not so sure it was a wash. Luann now has everyone discussing when Bethenny/Shields got together, which is what Bethenny was trying to avoid at all cost, hence the phone call to his "unnamed daughter" for verification. So, I say that Luann came out on top this time. We know that Bethenny has been scrambling to get ahead of these "when" discussions since the reunion was filmed because it "hurt her brand".

As for Bethenny calling his "daughter", SICK, it was sick and shame on both her and Shields for doing it. No way in hell, would Bethenny support Bryn doing that for Jason when she is older, no way! IMO, it shows there is no one that she will not use to further her own agenda, even the daughter of a man she claims to love.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, BananaRama said:

Have you seen "Odd Mom Out"?  It is also a Bravo TV show.  I thought Bravo was doing some cross-promoting by having Carole wear a beige version of Odd Mom Out character, Jill Webber's matron of honor wedding dress.  By the way, Odd Mom Out is a comedy so the audience was supposed to think the dress was ugly.

There was a side-by-side on Carole's Twitter, I think it was last night(?)  Same designer, different year, I think she said.  (Alexander McQueen)  Not sure if it was a joke or not.  I wasn't really paying attention.  

To change the subject from Bethenny and her adulterer for a moment because it's all getting a bit zzzzz are they any theories on why Sonja was sitting on the couch with Jules, Dorinda and Luann?  In my mind, from the series we just watched, Sonja jumped ship and crawled up B's ass so I'm a bit confused as to the couch arrangements.   Now I imagine the reason Carole wasn't sitting beside Bethenny is because Ramona was never going to sit at the dreaded END of the couch, that one is easy, but I am curious about Sonja's position.  

btw.. While I think Luann's inability to spell Bethenny is funny and probably indicative of her giving zero f**ks I don't think it is comparable to how she pronounces Sonja.  I think that is just a vowel issue for her and when she speaks freely that is the sound she makes, I have a similar problem with Sonja's name and it's not intentional.  It's just habit.  For me to say Sonja's name the way it is meant I need to see it spelled Sónja so that my brain recognizes it's meant to be a long O sound.  I had a friend named Adrianna and she pronounced it with a long A sound.  I had trouble saying the name that way and always said Aww-driawna.  Fortunately for me she liked the way it sounded better so it was never a big issue.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, shoegal said:

1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Which is what I would have expected of Dorinda about the "untrue" drug accusation, but she didn't. She showed more emotion bitching about making everything nice for the hens in the Berserkshires.

Speaking of hens, reunions always make me think of squawking hen fights and The Music Man..."pick a little, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little, cheep, cheep, cheep, pick a lot, talk a little more."

I guess I live in a different world than the RH, I look at this way how many times can they say, "did so" "did not"?  Come to think of it probably three Reunion episodes and part of a Lost Footage episode.  It is kind of like a court case, you make your case, or defend your case then move on.  Andy threw it out there, Bethenny was asked to present hers and backed down,  Sonja chimed in, Dorinda denied it, enough.   Same could be said for the idiot men Ramona dated conversation, Dorinda declined to answer it, Ramona said, Dorinda said it because she was angry, Dorinda denied that, Sonja chimed in and said it was true and Dorinda declined to state resting on her laurels.  Sonja said she wasn't be forthcoming.

I don't abide that because someone lied about something once or even a couple of times they are incapable of telling the truth.  I am more suspect of someone who says they never lie-especially on reality shows.

I am questioning if the drug accusations come from production.  They seem to be awfully busy setting up storylines RH battles. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Yasss, PREACH dammit.  This is the only thing that makes sense. 

A prophylactic phone call because they had dinner with a group, and motormouth (fueled by Adderall?  blink blink blink.  Or coke?  sniffity-sniff, Skeletor) just wanted to give a heads-up as to the no-feelings, NBD of it all does not make any kind of internal sense as a social nicety.  Is Bethenny living under Sharia fucking law in her squirrely mind, or is the still-married Mrs. Shields?  "I sat next to a boy (a bald boy but still a boy) and we shared the communal olive oil dipping bowl before we got our entrees, and I just wanted you to know we didn't screw after calculating the tip ha ha ha!"

Chick is a liarface and nowhere near as intelligent and savvy as she thinks. 

Hey, at least she chipped in for the tip in your fun little hypothetical!  (Looking at you, Taaaahmmm)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I guess I live in a different world than the RH, I look at this way how many times can they say, "did so" "did not"?  Come to think of it probably three Reunion episodes and part of a Lost Footage episode.  It is kind of like a court case, you make your case, or defend your case then move on.  Andy threw it out there, Bethenny was asked to present hers and backed down,  Sonja chimed in, Dorinda denied it, enough.   Same could be said for the idiot men Ramona dated conversation, Dorinda declined to answer it, Ramona said, Dorinda said it because she was angry, Dorinda denied that, Sonja chimed in and said it was true and Dorinda declined to state resting on her laurels.  Sonja said she wasn't be forthcoming.

I don't abide that because someone lied about something once or even a couple of times they are incapable of telling the truth.  I am more suspect of someone who says they never lie-especially on reality shows.

I am questioning if the drug accusations come from production.  They seem to be awfully busy setting up storylines RH battles. 

Well shit, nobody is interested in nor wants to discuss Carol's non-existent life. Channels would change.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Giselle said:

Well shit, nobody is interested in nor wants to discuss Carol's non-existent life. Channels would change.

Her "life" seems to be attaching herself to the strongest personality (Heather, Bethenny) and then, like a brainwashed minion who chugged the kool-aid, becomes the president of that person's fan club, repeating things that person says as undeniable fact.  I will never forget her following Heather into Ramona's, and then Luann's room in T&C, wailing her arms and demanding answers to accusations like she was her shadow. 

• Love 11

I had to laugh at this first segment of the reunion.

First of all it illustrates how Carole is a waste of life and has no story on this show and is only there to be Bethenny's flying monkey. Just as she was Heather's last season.  Why not do us all a favor and cut her from the show.

Poor John still had to be slapped around. He was smart enough to stay away for most of the rest of the season after he got his beating from Bethenny. He should cut the sloppy drunk and find someone else who wants to be with him and is not ashamed of him.  Dorinda is not worth it.

I feel sorry for Jules. She seems like a decent if somewhat confused person. It is interesting how several of the women turn to her for a semblance of normalcy.   She is another one that can do much better than the hobbit attached to her ankle.

Ramona and Sonja are well past their expiration dates. The act is stale. Time for a change.

Luann seems to have found love. God bless. Time for her to move on.

Bethenny is as Luann said just evil. She torched John, Tom, Jules, Sonja, and Luann this season. She has a problem with everyone who is not her minion. It is just not entertaining. 

In short this lineup is at the end of their useful life. They need to do a major retooling if the show is to survive. Of course that is not going to happen so the fade out will continue unabated.

Edited by Trooper York
Because I can't spell for shit.
  • Love 14

Tonight I am going to cement my relationship with my wife.

I am going to keep her by cooking a dinner of green curry shrimp over rice with diet coke and some sherbert for dessert.

If she leaves me for another man?

It means more food for me.

No "skinny" anything, in this kid's life?

• Love 2