Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Part 1 of 3. The New York ladies reunite. Here, Dorinda recalls her toughest, most embarrassing moments with John; the women dish on Luann's ex and sharpen focus on Ramona's love life; and a look back at a Berkshires trip causes accusations to soar between Luann and Bethenny.

real-housewives-of-new-york-season-8-sne

Yes...YEs....YES!!! I got paid to wear this dress.  OK!!

From Bravo...reunion pictures.  Lol, I should be the last one to point out what someone else is wearing.  Tell me what you think.  :D

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

I am too busy laughing at ramona's boobs to really see what Jules is wearing?

Lol, xx, it was one of your other faves, Carole...not Jule's.  Carole's dress or as KFBunny said...her doily.  (Expensive doily at that.)  

Here's Jules with a very excited Sonja.

• Love 9

A dress as busy as the one Carole is wearing doesn't need a necklace too. I think the dress is too youthful to look good on a woman her age. She can wear ruffles because she's so skinny but she is too short to pull it off.  Her make up looks ok, not sure about the hair.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 13

I am in love with the dress Jules is wearing, it's so nice to see some real fashion!!  At least Carole tried.  Sonja is the same tired sample from her "collection" four seasons ago.  I love that B and Luann are in white on white, and I'm glad LuAnn is not wearing that god awful lace jumpsuit from her "line" (for the masses, not the classes!!) but I believe in the preview that she is wearing cheap ass looking sequin pants!  Although it's an improvement over her cheap ass monstrosity from the last reunion.  Ramona, same boring satin, but now a slip dress to accommodate the new jugs. I'm just glad Dorinda is not wearing the same Cushnie Et Ochs top that seems to be her favorite this season....I got tired of seeing her boobs.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

A dress as busy as the one Carole is wearing doesn't need a necklace too. I think the dress is too youthful to look good on a woman her age. She can wear ruffles because she's so skinny but she is too short to pull it off.  Her make up looks ok, not sure about the hair.

Agree - the dress ends up overwhelming her.

She should have just gone the inexpensive way and gotten someone to sew her a plain lavender dress...then attached some used disposable swiffer dusters to it.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Carole styled it straight from the runway...I don't think she's too short to pull it off, she just needs to be thin enough (which she is)  and standing (which is the problem, this is not a dress for sitting).

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Carole styled it straight from the runway...I don't think she's too short to pull it off, she just needs to be thin enough (which she is)  and standing (which is the problem, this is not a dress for sitting).

Not much imagination for such a "creative" personality. She even tried to copy the hair. I don't like the necklace on the model either. 

5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It is also a walking dress and not a sitting dress. This is something that Tom and Lorenzo talk about all the time. Sitting dresses highlight your face or your legs, but basically bring visual interest to the parts of the body that are on display when you are giving a sitting interview. If you need to be standing and have a wind machine on you to make your dress look good because otherwise it looks like tea stained rags, don't wear it during a 10 hour sit down interview.

Who are they? Are they stylists or bloggers? 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

YASS!

(singing like Betty Wright) Tonight is the night ... 

Let me get in early, take off my jacket

smoothswagger.gif

and have a seat.  Because..... 

THISGONBGUD.gif

Come thru NYC Reunion. Come thru!

Da fuck Carole got on?

I'm so with you. As much as these women get on my nerves one at a time, I'm beyond happy that they exist as a welcome distraction every Wednesday night. This should be a shit show and I'm here for it. 

• Love 17

I love Carole's dress!  I'm not a Carole fan in general, but she can pull it off IMO.  NYC wives have the best fashion sense out of all the cities - at least to my tastes.  And kudos for short dresses over gowns (ugh!).

I'm not a Ramona fan either, but she gets the most improved award.  Remember her old style? It was so dowdy.  Some one had a fashion intervention with her but I can't recall who it was.  Anyone remember who suggested she ramp it up.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3

Wait, no cracked out hooker mermaid dress?!?!?!

I am so disappointed in Lu.

And these people work harder at their grievances against one another than I do at anything................ever.

• Love 23
10 hours ago, bosawks said:

And these people work harder at their grievances against one another than I do at anything................ever.

Yeah, and I think they've gotten so accustomed to being on the show that they've mastered the art of grievances for the sake of the show.  I think they are all in it together ... an unspoken or perhaps even quietly spoken agreement among them to "stir the pot as needed".  I don't think they take it near as far as Jill but I sense an underlying current along these lines.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7

Reunion picture from Bravo.

Just curious..... do you think Sonja is holding:

a.  A gift from Rocco to show how serious he is with her.

b.  A new product line that can be made at home in Sonja's toaster oven.

c.  Something Sonja found in her basement that she needs to find out what it is.

OR --

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, bosawks said:

The Countess Wedding Gown coming soon on Evine. First look will be on New Year's Eve..she's getting MARRRRRRIIIIEEEEDDDD!

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Not much imagination for such a "creative" personality. She even tried to copy the hair. I don't like the necklace on the model either. 

Who are they? Are they stylists or bloggers? 

They are bloggers, but they a decent amount of cache with fashion folks. They started off recapping Project Runway and have branched into fashion blogging and writing. They have at least one style book published.

http://tomandlorenzo.com

The trickier and weirder a dress is on the runway, the more it makes sense to style it just as they did for the show. If a dress only looked good when it was on a 7 ft tall amazon in saddle shoes and a Nick Cannon/Asa turban, then rock that way. Lots of creative celebrities wear clothing exactly as it was styled on the runway: Rhianna, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett, and countless others. 

Blake Lively famously doesn't use a stylist and every last one of her outfits is 65 - 78% right. Gorgeous girl. Great clothes. But doesn't use a stylist and never looks quite right. I'm pretty sure that Carole doesn't use a stylist. She's got great personal style, which is why she's more right than wrong. But when she's wrong, she's really wrong. I think Bethenny is the only one who might be using a stylist full time.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Ellee said:

c.  Something Sonja found in her basement that she needs to find out what it is.

OR --

A toaster.......

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Ellee said:

OR --

16 used tampons from B's vagina re-furbished into a snowflake? She's calling it BloodyGirl - on Sonja!

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

They are bloggers, but they a decent amount of cache with fashion folks. They started off recapping Project Runway and have branched into fashion blogging and writing. They have at least one style book published.

The trickier and weirder a dress is on the runway, the more it makes sense to style it just as they did for the show.

Thank you, I'll check them out.

I respectfully disagree about styling things just like the runway because I've seen a lot of freaky things used to accessorize the clothing not to mention questionable hair and make up. But I get what you're saying.  :)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Not much imagination for such a "creative" personality. She even tried to copy the hair. 

You just know our edgy, 19th-century Carrie Bradshawannabe tried to add her own spin by wearing those fingerless black gloves, but the stylist wrestled them away.

I don't hate the dress.  I think.  Hard to tell from the limited pictures.  But from what I can see, it's Sonja for the win.  Then, Beth.

Jules' dress reads a little 'old' for her, or something - kind of Mother of the Bride. 

Dorinda's reads Mother of Tara Lipinski.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ryebread said:

You just know our edgy, 19th-century Carrie Bradshawannabe tried to add her own spin by wearing those fingerless black gloves, but the stylist wrestled them away.

I don't hate the dress.  I think.  Hard to tell from the limited pictures.  But from what I can see, it's Sonja for the win.  Then, Beth.

Jules' dress reads a little 'old' for her, or something - kind of Mother of the Bride. 

Holy shit, Mother of the Bride!?!?!  Well, that's a wedding I would want definitely want to attend!  LOL!

• Love 9
Just now, shoegal said:

Holy shit, Mother of the Bride!?!?!  Well, that's a wedding I would want definitely want to attend!  LOL!

It's more the fabric/beading that make it look matronly, to me.  I can't tell if it has a plunging neckline from the pictures posted and of course it's short for a MOB dress but Jules is only 34. Generally I like her style, it's fun and fresh.  This is just too old-womanish and heavy to me. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

King Fu Bunny said it best .....!!!

Hey...are you saying when I post I sound like a dude?

hahaha...j/k

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

The trickier and weirder a dress is on the runway, the more it makes sense to style it just as they did for the show. If a dress only looked good when it was on a 7 ft tall amazon in saddle shoes and a Nick Cannon/Asa turban, then rock that way. Lots of creative celebrities wear clothing exactly as it was styled on the runway: Rhianna, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett, and countless others. 

Blake Lively famously doesn't use a stylist and every last one of her outfits is 65 - 78% right. Gorgeous girl. Great clothes. But doesn't use a stylist and never looks quite right. I'm pretty sure that Carole doesn't use a stylist. She's got great personal style, which is why she's more right than wrong. But when she's wrong, she's really wrong. I think Bethenny is the only one who might be using a stylist full time.

Thanks for explaining...for a second there I thought Lorenzo was a nickname for Luanne that I didn't know about.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

OR --

The actual size of the pinata that she would stuff full of "high-end costume jewelry"

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

Great call !

Hate Caroles dress.  It looks like the designer smoked too much meth while in the polyester curtain aisle at Target.

2 hours ago, Ellee said:

OR --

First thing I thought of was one of Luann's sex toys.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Ellee said:

Lol, xx, it was one of your other faves, Carole...not Jule's.  Carole's dress or as KFBunny said...her doily.  (Expensive doily at that.)  

Thanks for setting me straight, damn, I must be going blind and deaf and dumb?

I do like what jules is wearing........is that really her? ;)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ellee said:

OR --

Tom's shredded black heart.

• Love 21

I beg to differ about Blake Lively being only on fleek 65% of the time. Many bloggers, social media, and magazines say the contrary- that she's a style icon and aspirational. Additionally, when I saw the dress I thought that was something that would look better on Blake Lively, Kate Winslet, or Charlize Theron. 

• Love 4

I think  Carole looks good, dress, hair and make up.

Those fake breasts don't do Ramona any more favors than those horrible extensions do.

Doris looks crappy. Make up and hair to harsh and severe. Dress is tacky and does her no favors. She should have stuck with her vintage Pucci.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ellee said:

OR --

A butt plug for beth, to keep all her minion in her ass - and I ain't talking about the cute little cartoon fuckers either.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Thanks for setting me straight, damn, I must be going blind and deaf and dumb?

I do like what jules is wearing........is that really her? ;)

Lol, I think Ramona's boobs were a distraction for a moment there.   Took you off in another direction.  :D :D :D

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Lol, I think Ramona's boobs were a distraction for a moment there.   Took you off in another direction.  :D :D :D

And I end up on that gravelly road with the DEAD END sign in my face?

--------------

I saw this photo and laughed.

Beth on the attack, I can't see the back of her dress, so I don't know if she lost her shit.

You make me want to shout,

kick my heels up and shout........Heeeeeeyeeeeeeeeeeee

Wheeeeeeeee!!!

fight.jpg

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Ellee said:

Jules's dress is gorgeous, but too short to allow her to sit comfortably all day.  It's a rooky mistake.  Dorinda has seriously misjudged this look.  We all know she has a gorgeous body, yet her boobs appear to be sitting in her lap.  And she probably had to worry about accidentally exposing her crotch.  When they get riled up, they start yanking at those skirts to make sure they're covered.  I loved Beth's look last season, it was comfortable, low-key, but appropriate.  I don't know why more of them don't wear pants.

6 hours ago, shoegal said:

I don't think she's too short, either.  When she and Aviva got in their altercation, I noticed they were close to the same height.  I need to see her standing next to Luann to get an idea how tall she really is.   I'm just grateful that Carole chose to wear a bra with this look.  I don't get why designers think it's cool to have their models strut with their tiny little breasts completely exposed.

6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It is also a walking dress and not a sitting dress. This is something that Tom and Lorenzo talk about all the time. Sitting dresses highlight your face or your legs, but basically bring visual interest to the parts of the body that are on display when you are giving a sitting interview. If you need to be standing and have a wind machine on you to make your dress look good because otherwise it looks like tea stained rags, don't wear it during a 10 hour sit down interview.

Carole's dress does make one think of a doily, but unlike most of the HW's across the franchises, she's managed to ensure that neither breasts nor crotch are in constant danger of being exposed.  There's nothing like a HW getting all fired up, and simultaneously yanking up their bodice, and yanking down their skirt.  It's giggle worthy.  And something one of my faves, Kyle Richards, has frequently done.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

And I end up on that gravelly road with the DEAD END sign in my face?

--------------

I saw this photo and laughed.

Beth on the attack, I can't see the back of her dress, so I don't know if she lost her shit.

You make me want to shout,

kick my heels up and shout........Heeeeeeyeeeeeeeeeeee

Wheeeeeeeee!!!

fight.jpg

I see those Erika Jayne dance lessons paid off for Bethenny-look ma I didn't split the seam this time.  I wonder if she is singing, "I Give Zero Fucks,"?

• Love 9

I find the funniest part of that photo Ramona's hands rising in what looks like shocked tension yet Dorinda sits calmly with hands on knees.   I'm guessing this is where Bethenny lunges like a lunatic towards Luann lol.

Edited by Castina
  • Love 9

@RedheadZombie Kyle needs to come out with her own workout video. The shimmy yank has to be great for your core. She's got the splits, the hair flip and twirl, and the shimmy yank. If I were more inclined, I'd edit Kanye's New Workout Plan into Kyle's Workout Plan and splice in some splits, shimmies, and hair flip and twirls.

• Love 5