Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E20: Say It Ain't So

• Start Topic

The final morning in Miami finds Luann devastated after Bethenny spills news about Tom. Also: Luann checks into a hotel and sizes up her situation, and Bethenny hosts a Mexican-theme bash with a piñata packed with big-bucks jewelry. The Season 8 finale.

Ok so, yes, he wasn't able to stay faithful for an entire week after his marriage proposal.  But you know, Lu's right, "who doesn't make mistakes?"  Forgive and forget is definitely the best way to handle this.  I'm sure it was a one-time-only thing.

• Love 20
21 minutes ago, Lady Grump said:

Lu spinning it to blame Tom's indiscretion on the woman? SHAME! [rings bell]

I was shocked to hear that come from Lu, certainly with all the men women accuse her of pushing up on.  I'm of the ilk that no man can be stolen. But it is still low morals (to me) to hit on or try to be with committed men.  

Edited by mothmonsterman
I am not an elk.....or am I? mawhahahahaha
  • Love 17
Just now, ParadoxLost said:

She reflected on the fact that Bethenny decided to do this on camera instead of in private.  I wouldn't be surprised if not letting Bethenny, Ramona, and Sonja win / be right is playing into Luann not breaking it off.  She is only hurting herself but nothing Bethany did had an altruistic motive. 

I'd agree, except that they aren't mutually exclusive.  She can still think Beth is a bitch for being Paul Revere and stand firm in her belief that she did what a friend should've.   Weird.

• Love 13

Lu has really lowered her standards with Tom.  After her years with the count and her eurotrash crowd she is debasing herself for a sketchy, cheating momma's boy.  But then she is an aging party girl.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, charming said:

Bitch, who are you trying to fool? You don't give a single solitary fuck about Luann's life or feelings. You relish any and every opportunity to cut someone down. You live to humiliate people on camera. Who are you to lecture or judge anyone on their relationship choices? Fuck outta here. 

This, so much this.  

• Love 14

Best in a supporting role....Ramona's whack Miami AM hair. Far more quality performance than Bethenny's shaking hand (Tom Cruise did it way better in the courtroom scenes of A Few Good Men) and Luann's sunglasses (no comparison to the far superior 'don't be all, uncool' Sonja island shades). 

HS! I need to rewatch this mess! 

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, charming said:

Bethenny is the fakest faker who ever faked with her no tears sobbing and demanding a Skinny Girl drink in the throes of her Oscar moment. Bitch, who are you trying to fool? You don't give a single solitary fuck about Luann's life or feelings. You relish any and every opportunity to cut someone down. You live to humiliate people on camera. Who are you to lecture or judge anyone on their relationship choices? Fuck outta here. 

So much truth. Shaky-hands Bethenny was loving that she could stretch out Tom's cheating over a three day weekend. Clearly she couldn't complain about her hemorrhaging whilst wearing thong bikinis so she was reveling in making Luann's story about her. B was chewing all the Mandarin Oriental scenery she could get her hands on tonight. Also, it gave her the opportunity to take three or four more shots at Hoppy.   

The only explanation I can come up with for Luann's behavior is that she is DYING for a storyline and a wedding show, right? However her continuous comments of us jealous, predatory women sets my hair on fire. And it makes me curious about what really went down with that Honey chick from Luann's very special Bravo show.

Finally, I understand I'm awful but all I could think during the toreador scene was 'oh dear, Jules is thinner than the napkin'.  

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

You know, i'm not so sure about this. Bravo and Andy Cohen have only given us the Bethy edit on this story, while lying to the audience about her screwing a married guy with kids...which is a much bigger deal than an engaged guy getting drunk and kissing some random chick. Imho.  And, I would not be surprised to find out the random chick in question was sent into the bar by Bravo and Andy to produce exactly this drama. And that photos were then taken which were sent to old Bethy to give her the favorable edit, and let her loose to trash Lu. I think it's ugly and I'm not buying what they're selling.

Then why did the guy make such a public apology for behavior he "regrets"? 

This is a big deal because Lu was upset about it - as we saw. Unless I am wrong, we've heard nothing from the wife of Beth's boyfriend, and have zero idea what their situation is.  For all we knew the wife left him and has a boyfriend of her own. 

• Love 20
12 hours ago, mothmonsterman said:

I was shocked to hear that come from Lu, certainly with all the men women accuse her of pushing up on.  I'm of the ilk that no man can be stolen. But it is still low morals (to me) to hit on or try to be with committed men.

I agree, though in the case of the woman TomCat was playing tonsil hockey with, it is doubtful that she knew he was 'committed'.  Lu said Tom had not seen this woman in awhile, and a mere 10 days previously he wasn't engaged, and several weeks previously was not even dating Lu. I love though that Lu said Tom could not resist this woman's clutches - didn't Lu at one point say that no one can steal someone from someone else?

In any case TomCat is either a huge liar, or has a big drinking problem. He was with this woman for almost 2 hours and doesn't remember any of it? Sure TomCat. Also he and Lu went out to dinner, went home, had a fight, and by 10:45 he is already back at the bar and starting an almost two hour make out session. I call B.S. on the 'too drunk to know what I was doing' excuse. And then to top it off sticks the woman with the bill. Real catch, that Tom.

Very interesting that Lu admitted that she may have more money than TomCat. I have read estimations of anywhere from 3 million to 15 million as Lu's net worth. Even 15 million is not a lot for her lifestyle and 3 million I would consider upper middle class even where I come from which is nowhere near as expensive as NYC. I did laugh when the ladies pointed out that TomCat's last girlfriend was very wealthy and he didn't give her a ring. Doesn't mean he didn't try - she might have had better sense and a better bulls**t meter. Lu has neither.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 24

I thought this season was really boring.  How many times did we have to hear about gynecological issues?

All of the women seem really lonely.  Luann is the worst off all.  Does she have a deadline she has to get married by?  What's the rush? Marrying someone who's already cheated on her? Huh?

• Love 11

Lu has never been a girl's girl so her complete revision of Tom's indiscretion didn't surprise me in the least. Let's face it, she would squash another woman like a bug to get her man.  She wants that marriage and this was just a bump in the road. One thing I find curious about Lu this season is how physically she is looking. Last season, she looked fab. She just looks so much rougher this year.  This love certainly isn't putting a glow on her face. Makes me think she knows exactly what the score is with Tom but maybe at a more subconscious level. So her denial is instead manifesting in her looks. She is still an attractive woman but something is off if that makes any sense. 

I actually thought Bethenny's trembling hands was real. Not because of her concern for Lu but because how the viewers were going to maybe negatively judge her. Like she was thinking that she may have just stepped into a big pile of do doo. 

I actually kind of enjoyed the show tonight.  There were a few things that cracked me up that you guys have touched on.

• Love 20

I'm going to go back and read all these…but first, in no particular order

-- Luann: her insecurities were so evident when she presumed they were all talking about her, when they weren't. And she though Ramona was talking about Tom, when she was talking about Mario.

-- I don't know why, but I am so fixated on on the fact that Beth walking into her party saying she loves setting all the details, yet she didn't know they were serving vegetarian ceviche. I thought you like details Beth??? You didn't  even know what was being served.

-- I could comment on more: their dates, their outfits, etc. but this season has been sort of "whatever" for me, so I don't' care that much.

-- Loved that Ramona looked down on her jewelry. I think she's a bitch sometimes. 

-- It wasn't until her talking head late in the show until I realized Sonya was hardly in the episode. She walked in -- and she wasn't seen again. Perhaps because she didn't want to discuss Tom -- even in a group. But Ramona was sure in the thick of it talking about it.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, FanOfTheFans said:

Lu has never been a girl's girl so her complete revision of Tom's indiscretion didn't surprise me in the least. Let's face it, she would squash another woman like a bug to get her man.  She wants that marriage and this was just a bump in the road. One thing I find curious about Lu this season is how physically she is looking. Last season, she looked fab. She just looks so much rougher this year.  This love certainly isn't putting a glow on her face. Makes me think she knows exactly what the score is with Tom but maybe at a more subconscious level. So her denial is instead manifesting in her looks. She is still an attractive woman but something is off if that makes any sense. 

I actually thought Bethenny's trembling hands was real. Not because of her concern for Lu but because how the viewers were going to maybe negatively judge her. Like she was thinking that she may have just stepped into a big pile of do doo. 

I actually kind of enjoyed the show tonight.  There were a few things that cracked me up that you guys have touched on.

I agree. I think, that Bethenny realized that Luann/Tom's engagement wasn't the storyline stunt she thought it was and realized how bad she would look to the viewer. Bethenny was all kinds of wrong in how she went about this and she knows it, she knew it then. She cackled in glee telling and retelling this to most of the women present in Miami and that can't be changed even through editing. Then when tells Luann, she gets a very raw, very real emotional reaction from Luann and Bethenny realizes she is going to get burn on this one.

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

In any case TomCat is either a huge liar, or has a big drinking problem. He was with this woman for almost 2 hours and doesn't remember any of it? Sure TomCat. Also he and Lu went out to dinner, went home, had a fight, and by 10:45 he is already back at the bar and starting an almost two hour make out session. I call B.S. on the 'too drunk to know what I was doing' excuse. And then to top it off sticks the woman with the bill. Real catch, that Tom.

Worse was that it seemed like over the course of the initial phone call he started off with - I was so drunk I don't remember anything - to spinning the story about who the woman was and how it happened.  Uh, so you DO remember it then?  I mean, I guess he could have recognized her by seeing a non-blurred picture of her face but it seemed like he went beyond that in his excuse making.  Maybe it's just the lawyer in me but c'mon man, get your story straight and stick with it!!

• Love 19
32 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

And, I would not be surprised to find out the random chick in question was sent into the bar by Bravo and Andy to produce exactly this drama. And that photos were then taken which were sent to old Bethy to give her the favorable edit, and let her loose to trash Lu. I think it's ugly and I'm not buying what they're selling.

Now that I've watched Unreal, this statement does ring true.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Worse was that it seemed like over the course of the initial phone call he started off with - I was so drunk I don't remember anything - to spinning the story about who the woman was and how it happened.  Uh, so you DO remember it then?  I mean, I guess he could have recognized her by seeing a non-blurred picture of her face but it seemed like he went beyond that in his excuse making.  Maybe it's just the lawyer in me but c'mon man, get your story straight and stick with it!!

I'd love to know what the lawyer in you thinks about TomCat then trying to get Dorinda to lie for him? And does anyone even understand what that was all about? Was Tom going to pay off waitresses/bartenders to say it didn't happen that night? And what would Dorinda have to do with it?

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

$10,000.00 worth of jewelry......how many fucking times is Bethenny going to say it??  Jesus, woman - we all know the jewelry was probably donated, not purchased by you.  

Hearing her say "$10,000.00 worth of jewelry" over and over again reminded me of what's her name from RHOBH with her $25,000.00 sunglasses.

That would be Dana aka "Pam" as Kim Richards called her since she was too high to remember her real name.

By the way Google Dana, she is a real piece of work, but I still remember her drunk slurring lunch and lighting her cig with the table candle, fun times!

• Love 9