Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't even think they are having sex, Anfisa and George- she is holding that over his head too!

Nicole, just wow. I keep thinking how she sticks out like a sore thumb over there, a big pasty white beached whale walking down the street. She has to be stared out. I don't know how he can "show her off". I would be mortified! She is really stupid, dull, boring, provincial and ugly inside and out. This guy was using her but he can find better to use. I guess they know they have to find someone dumb but this one is really dumb!  My jaw is on the ground!

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

That's because he was not a "catfisher" but a 419 scammer.  They're always white, in their forties, work on oil fields or the military, are widows and have one grown child, and very very wealthy.  They lovebomb you, then they are called to Nigeria, where all kinds of bad things happen and they can't get to their money and need yours to get them and their one child out of trouble.  You will be rewarded with immense riches for your troubles and marry the guy - that's the part that never happens.

Correct.  I guess Narkiya has never watched "Dr Phil." 

• Love 5

What is with Nicole and the shoulderless tops? Does she not know where she is?? Production broke the 4th wall this week, why don't they take her aside and tell her she's not dressed appropriately? If something happens to her, as in self harm, I'm holding TLC and Sharp responsible for egging her on and encouraging her. She's ignorant of her surroundings.... they aren't.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ethalfrida said:

Let's not forget that Matt is a tall, fit looking White American male. Do not underestime his appeal to women who are desperate for a green card and a new way of life.

He's an idiot mamma's boy, in my opinion. He showed one side to Alla, got her here, and hopefully she wakes up and runs.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Sup wit dat said:

I can't picture Anfisa having wild animal sex. Not even for a Chanel bag.   Zombie sex, sure, but not wild animal sex.

Oh, I think Anfisa is delivering professional quality sex. I think she's a smart girl who decided young to use her short shelf life to her best advantage, so she's enhanced surgically to the hilt, knows lots of tricks in the sack, and can play a desperate black hole of need like Jorge like a violin. To me she doesn't read sophisticated enough to have been born to money and privilege--just canny and shrewd enough to recognize a road out. So she read all the fashion magazines she could get her hands on, kept her eyes open, and I bet found a community of girls just like her, aspiring, reinventing themselves, and willing to do whatever it takes.

• Love 15
On 10/3/2016 at 9:53 PM, mona said:

For everyone who is wondering what Azan sees in Nicole, remember that she is 22 years old, has blonde hair and is a native-born United States Citizen.  That last point is all she needs.  There are thousands of men around the world who would marry her just for being a young American blonde.  Do not underestimate the power of these characteristics.  With her personality, it will end up like Mo and Danielle because 

Chantel is not ready for marriage.  I don't understand why she wanted to "make some friends" with other boys and grind on other boys at that club on last week's episode.  Pedro seems like a nice guy so I feel bad for him but I don't think that he should have agreed to come to the USA lying to his future in-laws.  He should only have agreed to come if he was really able to get a student visa or get a work visa and provide for himself and Chantel.  He should have considered asking her to live in DR.  

I have no words for the fake African prince.  I disliked him ever since I saw the preview when he said "She put a ring on it!"  I wanted to vomit. That poor woman doesn't even care that he lied to her about two major things.  She is so desperate.  I wish that her friends could figure out a way to stop her from pursuing this relationship.  

Anfisa's appearance frightens me.   She looks like she has undergone facial cosmetic surgery.  Does Jorge find her attractive simply because she is Russian?  He is not old or ugly.  If he lost about 50 pounds and went to the gym, he would actually look okay.  This stupid idea of American men looking for poor uneducated foreign women to live out their 1950s backwards ideas of gender roles is to blame.   I don't feel sorry for Jorge because he could improve his appearance and easily find a woman in the USA.  Even with his criminal record.  

Alla is the only women that I kind of like.  I don't know what she is thinking marrying a man who has been twice divorced but she has a child and she needed to come to the US so I guess she feels that she has to take what she can get.  Matt is creepy.  His appearance and his jealousy don't sit well with me.  I hope that he does not do anything crazy.  I agree that the friend should never have shared what Patrick thinks. She does not need to know that.  I hope that her son does not get hurt in all of this.  At least Nicole's daughter has her aunt and grandparents.

Let's not forget that Matt is a tall, fit looking White American male. Do not underestime his appeal to women who are desperate for a green card and a new way of life.

1 minute ago, Major Bigtime said:

He's an idiot mamma's boy, in my opinion. He showed one side to Alla, got her here, and hopefully she wakes up and runs.

My comment has been edited and attached to the post I was replying to. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

I'll be the one to say it. I was fascinated by her cousin. The hairdo, the nose ring, etc.  I also really liked the way she didn't sugarcoat anything.

It was hard to see anything but that nose ring. It wasn't one of those cute nose rings like the ones Indian girls wear...this woman's nose ring looks like something a bull would wear.  I was expecting dust to flare from her nostrils.  For all of that, she's got more sense than the other girls.

• Love 10

Nicole has a huge self esteem problem thats for sure... Azan had explained and talk to her about everything she still wants to kiss his shoulder, so freaking childish.. 

he did also sleep with her so in that perspective u cannot bring your religion into play.. islam doesnt allow that  efore marriage either...

Anfisa seriously scratches me the wrong way.. she cant even boil water so who cares if you are staying in a hotel whats the big deal... jorge is just mental or something... he thinks he never get a girl like this so it doesnt matter if she treats me like complete dog poo..

• Love 3

That picture of his highness in his princely garb?  Didn't you take a look at the background?  What is Hakeem doing posing in the hood.   Girl, bye! That shit look like Boka Haram headquarters.

Bwahaha!! I don't even watch this show because A) I can't remember where and when to find it, and B) coming here for the snark provides schadenfreude a'plenty. Well, the snark and the screenshots. I snicker every time I come here and see that skinny dude sipping something and all dressed up ... in front of some kind of urban ruins. Sometimes I think you guys are exaggerating how heinously stupid these people are, but no: there's evidence. 

• Love 2

What is with Nicole and the shoulderless tops? Does she not know where she is?? Production broke the 4th wall this week, why don't they take her aside and tell her she's not dressed appropriately? If something happens to her, as in self harm, I'm holding TLC and Sharp responsible for egging her on and encouraging her. She's ignorant of her surroundings.... they aren't.

Nicole is an adult. It isn't the crew's job to advise her, explain the culture to her, keep her from offending anyone, or help her fit in. It's their job to film her making an ass of herself. And because she didn't bother to do any homework, and is ignorant and self-absorbed by nature, she is cooperating beautifully.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I'll be the one to say it. I was fascinated by her cousin. The hairdo, the nose ring, etc.  I also really liked the way she didn't sugarcoat anything.

definitely the scene stealer

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Matt acts like a 12 year old boy who isn't quite sure yet how to get and keep a girlfriend, still following cues from Momma.  I posted the most fascinating vid of his Mother in the media links thread that explains a lot to me anyway! I think he has led a very sheltered babied adulthood and he's left with this romanticized view of a relationship. Whatever he does will be forgiven by the new mother... (Alla)

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Verojama said:

Nicole has a huge self esteem problem thats for sure... Azan had explained and talk to her about everything she still wants to kiss his shoulder, so freaking childish.. 

he did also sleep with her so in that perspective u cannot bring your religion into play.. islam doesnt allow that  efore marriage either...

He can speak of cultural differences & respect for his culture, but yes, he loses me on the religion part after he did sleep with her, so he shouldn't go there. I wonder why that even happened - for one thing he is constantly speaking of respecting his culture with no PDA but he did share a room with her the first night which he also spoke of not being allowed. Okay, then he didn't do that again, got it, but he really may have egged her on with that first night. He's got this girl with him for 5 weeks; did he really think he could sleep with her one night & then stop all affection & she'd be okay with that? Maybe he was just 'trying out' to see if he could deal with that kind of relationship with her for as long as needed, but didn't realize how aggressive she was going to be... he may have unwittingly brought this craziness on himself.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Nicole is an adult. It isn't the crew's job to advise her, explain the culture to her, keep her from offending anyone, or help her fit in. It's their job to film her making an ass of herself. And because she didn't bother to do any homework, and is ignorant and self-absorbed by nature, she is cooperating beautifully.

Before we took off for the Soviet Union, Finland and Estonia we had to attend a session on expectations on tourist behavior. What we could do or not do that was offensive. Every precaution was covered and we signed documents saying we understood and would adhere to what we had been told and read. 

I wondered how Jorge was eligible to sell med mj and here is what I found:http://hightimes.com/news/californias-new-medical-marijuana-regulations-could-exclude-pot-felons/

Someone said something about Patrick's girlfriend Julie (Julia? Not sure), that she should not have been telling Alla so openly about Patrick and his severe case of PMS against Alla. It occurred to me a few minutes ago that Julie/Julia may very well be the only person to be so straight-up with Alla, without being hostile/creepy. 

Also, regarding Alonso Something FBI's video (Sorry, man, I have shit memory for names) I couldn't bother really reading the description, but I did notice it was posted by a Patrick Moore. The best friend Patrick? Could they be related? Cousins? 

• Love 1

I really feel bad for Azan, yes he's most likely using Nicole for the green card but if he actually sticks this out he deserves the green card. Nicole is an immature child. Azan kept trying to explain to her that the affecfion she wants is inappropriate in Morocco and she wouldn't listen. Nicole has issues that she needs to work on, and she behaves like a petulant child. I really feel sorry for her daughter.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, mrsh said:

I really feel bad for Azan, yes he's most likely using Nicole for the green card but if he actually sticks this out he deserves the green card. Nicole is an immature child. Azan kept trying to explain to her that the affecfion she wants is inappropriate in Morocco and she wouldn't listen. Nicole has issues that she needs to work on, and she behaves like a petulant child. I really feel sorry for her daughter.

I don't know why he'd even want to be stuck in the same country as her. Maybe if there weren't cameras following them around he'd be acting differently; a lot less tolerant, & maybe she'd have been on a plane back to the states by now.

• Love 6
On 10/2/2016 at 9:58 PM, greekmom said:

Looks like Nicole’s vacation maybe cut short.  If she wanted some hot guy to bone her 24/7, she should have gone to Jamaica. She may have had more luck.

No, the standards are much higher in Jamaica. The men don't need to stoop to the level of Nicole.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, mrsh said:

I don't think anyone "deserves" to deliberately come to the US to break our immigration laws. There are so many people who have waited in line for years, doing everything legally, and then there are the refugees, etc. IMO they deserve to be first in line. Not these hypocritical, lying scammers.

Edited by Drogo
EDITED BY MOD: Quote formatting.
  • Love 15
22 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

winsomeone: Why couldn't he have taken her out drinking instead of his friend's girl friend?

I think the point was that she would like to have some female friends that she could go dancing with. Its something she enjoys, going out with the girls. She's probably homesick, she misses her sister, and she's cooped up at Matt's all day. I can't fault her for being at a low point. Going out with your husband is not the same as going out with your girlfriends. Matt magnanimously gave Alla permission to go out and do karaoke with his horrible jerky friend's girlfriend, what a guy.

I see the point of wanting to go out with female company, but honestly in my eyes it is bizarre and slightly not age appropriate to see a 30-something married mother needing to go to a nightclub beyond a special occasion like a friend's birthday. None of the women I know (30s, married, kids) desire to go to nightclubs at this point in their lives,,,,, there are other ways of socializing. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

You know when someone is into you. You feel it in your gut. They tell you in a hundred ways. It's in the eye contact, the little extra courtesies, the absolute focus on you, the little touches here and there, like when you're walking with a man and he puts his hand on the small of your back. Azan isn't sexually attracted to Nicole and she knows it. That's why she's angry. It is fascinating watching her trying to force affection out of him. The more aggressive she is, the more closed off he is. She is spoiling for a big scene and he refuses to give it to her.

I completely agree. I think that Azan is using "respect my culture" for "I'm just not into you" at this point.  I don't blame him. Its a very convenient and appropriate way to handle the situation he finds himself in.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 11

I think that Nicole is a master manipulator.  She probably learned that if she whined, pouted, had a temper tantrum, and talked over others that she would get what she wanted.  Her parents may have babied her and sheltered her when she stated that others were mean to her, etc., so she has the expectation that she will get what she wants.  And, I think that she is so used to getting what she wants that when she can't manipulate a situation she lashes out as when she shoved Azan because he wasn't giving her what she wanted.  I do not think she has a mental disability, I think she is completely self-centered and used to manipulating others to achieve what she wants.  I also think Azan is getting more than he bargained for which delights me to a degree as he probably thought he would be able to manipulate her in order to get to the U.S.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

I see the point of wanting to go out with female company, but honestly in my eyes it is bizarre and slightly not age appropriate to see a 30-something married mother needing to go to a nightclub beyond a special occasion like a friend's birthday. None of the women I know (30s, married, kids) desire to go to nightclubs at this point in their lives,,,,, there are other ways of socializing. 

In my experience this is cultural, club culture in Europe is a lot different than in the US.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

In my experience this is cultural, club culture in Europe is a lot different than in the US.

Maybe. I have gone to nightclubs in Europe (Slovenia, Latvia, and Germany) and I only saw very young people, and not married ones. A Russian guy once told me that where he is from, by the age of 21 people get the partying out of their systems, as opposed to here where the drinking age is 21. I still do have memories in my head of a Russian coworker who would invite me to go clubbing with her and her other Russian friends..... all were 30s, married to American men off the internet ... and they would go every weekend, dressed very sexy and trying to get attention from men, dancing with men, accepting drinks, etc. So maybe I am just biased...On the positive side, she is now remarried to a different man, looks very happy and in love, and does not go partying anymore. I personally think Alla found a great solution in Matt, after all he can babysit Max while she goes partying, right ?;) I just dont see the love there, sorry, , she advertised herself on a mail order website for American men and he went shopping for a wife online. I see her getting a nursing degree then skiddadling. Only time will tell. 

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 6

"I see the point of wanting to go out with female company, but honestly in my eyes it is bizarre and slightly not age appropriate to see a 30-something married mother needing to go to a nightclub beyond a special occasion like a friend's birthday. None of the women I know (30s, married, kids) desire to go to nightclubs at this point in their lives,,,,, there are other ways of socializing. "

This is what I thought too. Plus, she has an 8 year old who speaks little English, maybe she needs to spend her time at home with him, helping him adjust to a new culture, rather than going clubbing? She has been here such a short time..give it a while, and she will make the female friends she is craving I think.

Edited by Drogo
EDITED BY MOD: Quote formatting.
  • Love 5

This is what I thought too. Plus, she has an 8 year old who speaks little English, maybe she needs to spend her time at home with him, helping him adjust to a new culture, rather than going clubbing? She has been here such a short time..give it a while, and she will make the female friends she is craving I think.

Eight year olds should be in bed during the hours when people go out dancing, that said she didn't even go clubbing she went out for a glass of champagne with another person 4 weeks after she arrived in the US at a sad and empty bar wearing an outfit that wouldn't have been out of place at a PTA meeting.

• Love 22
16 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I totally cosign the theory that Anfisa is poor as dirt and has decided to reinvent herself in America as someone who is used to the finer things in life and expects to be kept at a certain standard of living. It won't take her long to realize that Jorge isn't big rich, but she'll stay with him while she plots her next move. As someone said upthread, a woman like Anfisa will always land on her feet. In the meantime, Jorge will work insane hours to make enough money so she doesn't cut off the sex. 

It will be a crushing blow when she stops having wild animal sex with him and he realizes not only did she never love him, she never even really liked him.

7 hours ago, deltaburkefan said:

Designer stuff is cheaper in the US and she wouldn't have to deal with pesky visas to travel to most countries. She doesn't seem poor. Not the daughter of an oligarch, no--she would have already had multiple Chanel bags already--but not poor. 

Basically I think she just wants a life of shopping and posing in her bathing suit in LA 12 months a year, and not just on vacation. She wouldn't go for a Matt in Kentucky. She wants a man who is going to worship her and do whatever she wants, i.e., Jorge. 

I don't think Anfisa is poor but the way she is acting like this is some vacation and she can go back to Russia if she doesn't like what Jorge is trying to sell her and her life is on par with what Jorge is giving her now (e.g. her apt with grandma is equivalent/better than the one he just found) - don't believe that for a minute. 

2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

No, the standards are much higher in Jamaica. The men don't need to stoop to the level of Nicole.

Ummmm...

• Love 3

There's a big difference in PDA vs behind closed doors behavior. He DID sleep with her (or so she says) and now he's withholding affection from her. He probably underestimated her level of maturity or she grossed him out. A devout Muslim man would not be bedding a girl until after the wedding.  Sending her mixed messages like that isn't cool. I just hope this silly girl doesn't end up preggers.

• Love 5

Still Team Azan over here. I think his coming to the US means more to her than him, and think that both he and Pedro would be just fine where they are. I really hope he goes into hiding or something, after the camel ride.  smh

The fight that Nicole and Azan was incredible! She didn't let him speak!  My guess is conflict resolution is not her bag. Wow. He stayed so calm. I wanted to feed her a brick. I could watch these two all day. It's just so unbelievable.  

• Love 10
On 10/1/2016 at 8:32 PM, Matias130 said:

I love how when Anfisa talked about missing her family back in Russia, she then smugly said,"But Jorge is my family now." Lol. Also is it just me, or does she look severely sedated in all of her talking heads ? Like she is on xanax or something ? Or is her affect overall just very very low energy.

NOVACANE I swear... lol

• Love 2
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Eight year olds should be in bed during the hours when people go out dancing, that said she didn't even go clubbing she went out for a glass of champagne with another person 4 weeks after she arrived in the US at a sad and empty bar wearing an outfit that wouldn't have been out of place at a PTA meeting.

Maybe then an 8 year old who barely speaks English and is in a foreign land should expect his mom to be there as he's sleeping for the night -- he's hardly acclimated.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

Maybe then an 8 year old who barely speaks English and is in a foreign land should expect his mom to be there as he's sleeping for the night -- he's hardly acclimated.

We have no idea how he is acclimated because he is barely on the show, I find this notion that she cannot go out for a drink with a new frenemy (because that woman and her passive agressive nonsense about her boyfriends cappy behavior isn't a friend) for a few hours troubling. He wasn't left alone he was left with his future stepfather who even though we have seen little of him he seems entirely comfortable with Matt.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I don't think Anfisa is poor but the way she is acting like this is some vacation and she can go back to Russia if she doesn't like what Jorge is trying to sell her and her life is on par with what Jorge is giving her now (e.g. her apt with grandma is equivalent/better than the one he just found) - don't believe that for a minute. 

Ummmm...

Obese people are still deserving of love and affection -- as they say, they are the last group that is openly mocked, ridiculed, and discriminated against, and no one bats an eye.  We don't know that this isn't a romantic match (yeah, I know how it looks), but how rude of that person to even take a video like this! 

Having said that, I think the culture in Jamaica is VERY different -- just look at the couple from last season Melanie and Devar --  his sister absolutely refuses to work and go to school, and has no problem asking them to financially support her. And Devar has absolutely no problem sending her money. It must be a Jamaican thing.

Just now, biakbiak said:

We have no idea how he is acclimated because he is barely on the show, I find this notion that she cannot go out for a drink with a new frenemy (because that woman and her passive agressive nonsense about her boyfriends cappy behavior isn't a friend) for a few hours troubling. He wasn't left alone he was left with his future stepfather who even though we have seen little of him he seems entirely comfortable with Matt.

I'm not pro-Matt. But as a parent of small kids, if we moved to a foreign land where they knew virtually no one, and had barely a grasp of the language being spoken, I wouldn't leave them for the evening while I went out for a drink. Have your drink at home. Invite your friends over. Tell Matt to get lost for a few hours.  What if the kid wakes up from a nightmare, terrified, and his mom is no where to be found, only Matt?

• Love 11

I have to wonder at what we see on the show vs. reality.  Of course the producers are only going to show us the juiciest things, designed to build drama.   Like when Anfisa said that she and Jorge had been dating for a year.  Or if you look at Matt's FB page...he has a picture of him and Allah that was put up over a year ago.  So I kind of have to remind myself that although it looks like they all don't know each other very well, with the exception of Nicole and Azan, they've all already met (and continued talking, hopefully) long before this show brought them on.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

And, I think that she is so used to getting what she wants that when she can't manipulate a situation she lashes out as when she shoved Azan because he wasn't giving her what she wanted.  I do not think she has a mental disability, I think she is completely self-centered and used to manipulating others to achieve what she wants.  I also think Azan is getting more than he bargained for which delights me to a degree as he probably thought he would be able to manipulate her in order to get to the U.S.

She's officially moved from verbal abuse (not letting someone even talk-just wow), to physical abuse. That would be intolerable if it were him, & that goes both ways.

She may be a narcissist, as she completely lacks empathy & it is always all. about. Nicole.

He found a winner, for sure LOL.

• Love 6
On 10/2/2016 at 9:48 PM, islandgal140 said:

All Anfisa needs to be the perfect villain is to be stroking a white Persian cat on her lap. I don't believe for a minute that her apt in Russian was as big and modern as she was trying to make out. Frankly, I am starting to think that whole fight and canceling his ticket to Russian was some ruse so he wouldn't see how she really lived. 

I don't believe her either because she said she lived with her grandma.  And her grandma cooked, cleaned, did everything. That's why she said she knows nothing.  Most grandma's that are wealthy enough to have a super huge nice apartment probably aren't doing any chores or cooking on their own either.

I think she just likes to tell Jorge that nothing is as good as he thinks is should be just to keep holding a cloud of doubt over him.  She knows he can't get anything like her in the states.  He probably told her as much.

On 10/3/2016 at 11:23 AM, Neurochick said:

I agree.  I detest Anfisa, she's a waste of space and I don't believe she doesn't know how to boil water; no grown person can be THAT stupid.  Not knowing how to cook is one thing, but shit, when I was five I knew how to boil water.  (and I knew how to cook too but that's another story)

Damn straight! You need to know how to cook your own mac n cheese while the parents are away when you're a young child! That was the first thing I learned to cook lol

• Love 4
On 10/2/2016 at 11:38 PM, millennium said:

She's delusional.  At first I was thinking the poor dumb girl fancied herself a trophy wife who deserved to be treated like arm candy, but her comment that no one has ever paid attention to her seemed to suggest that her actions are born of desperation rather than a sense of entitlement.   Her fantasy seems to depend on Azan's desperation being even greater than hers -- that in his hopefulness and gratitude for getting a shot at a green card he would reward her with the adoration she has always craved.  Because, you know, he owes it to her.

I'd help Nicole up on that camel, point it to the desert and smack it on the ass.

The sheer desperation it would take to help a fat woman get on a camel just so you can smack its ass and send it stumbling off into the desert is absolutely hilarious. Thanks for making me LOL when I'm supposed to be working. :))

• Love 2
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Ummmm...

I didn't mean because of her weight or her looks. I meant because she's a fucking idiot. And also, I was joking. I don't actually know what the desperation level is of men in Jamaica seeking green cards.

I tend to think that not everybody wants to live in the US, contrary to what most of the American families on this show seem to think. It almost makes me sick to hear them interrogate people like Alla or Pedro. You know, sometimes people actually fall in love and it has nothing to do with the US. That said, I don't think either of my examples will be in love for long.

• Love 5

Hey Jorge, you felt you had to go to Russia to find a bride (I originally typed "broad") because American women are so terrible, right?  Feminazis, and all that nonsense?  They don't take care of their husbands?

Right.

Enjoy cold pasta sauce on bow-tie noodles with your little blow-up doll.  I'll be too busy making sauteed tilapia with roasted broccoli for my husband tonight.

With strawberry shortcake for dessert.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, bethster said:

Hey Jorge, you felt you had to go to Russia to find a bride (I originally typed "broad") because American women are so terrible, right?  Feminazis, and all that nonsense?  They don't take care of their husbands?

Right.

Enjoy cold pasta sauce on bow-tie noodles with your little blow-up doll.  I'll be too busy making sauteed tilapia with roasted broccoli for my husband tonight.

With strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Marry me.

But make blueberry or raspberry shortcake plz, because allergies. ♥

• Love 10
On October 3, 2016 at 4:22 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

That picture of his highness in his princely garb?  Didn't you take a look at the background?  What is Hakeem doing posing in the hood.   Girl, bye! That shit look like Boka Haram headquarters.

LOL!

Regarding Alla and the "clubbing" thing, I think she deserves to be cut some slack. Let's not forget that you can walk into any sports bar in the country on a weekend during football season and find happily married fathers drinking their lives away. Of course, in Kentucky, they might just have their children at the bar with them.

• Love 12

I'm sure my fellow Cincinnati folks are still shaking their heads at Matt while wondering, "Where da faq are they going clubbing?"  Maybe Boogie Nights at the Hollywood Casino.  Certainly not The Dock???  This is not a clubbing town for her age group.

• Love 2
On 10/3/2016 at 3:36 PM, NoirDetective said:

Matt is a repressed weirdo. Are we sure his previous wives aren't entombed in the walls of his house somewhere? I'm pretty sure he cries during sex, and he seems the type to corner his teen daughter's friend in a dark garage and ask increasingly inappropriate questions as he inches toward her with an open beer in his hand so he can blame the devil's nectar later.

Oh, my - this is more than perfect.  Matt definitely has an undercurrent of psycho-murderer-under-the-surface-ness about him that I find wildly unsettling. I worry about Alla leaving her son with him.

How aggravating was it that Nicole could not let Azan complete a single sentence without whinging on and on? She's just slap-worthy and obviously her mother, though seemingly nice enough, never taught her how to be an accommodating human being or to listen more than she blathers on.  And yes, Azan is concerned about "my culture; my country; my people," but did he not make this a little more clear before she went over there and nearly got herself locked up in a Moroccan prison for the rest of her days? (If only...)  He must realize that either a) he needs someone who's interested in "converting" to Moroccan mores and staying there;  or b) he should be ready to leave his beloved country and family and become a moral-less American.  He truly seems more interested in the former, so I'm confused about his green card plan.

The catfished woman can't really believe that because she "needs her friends to be happy and on board with this wedding" that they'll happily ignore the part of the story that goes sort of like, "yeah, so he *said* he was a widower, but [tee hee!] it was not really, like, real... actually he has a wife and kid here in the States!  But I spent my hard earned money going to Vietnam for 11 days and wow!  I'm like, totally in love!!! And we're getting married!"

• Love 2

It infuriates me that Nicole shoved Azan into the van door and that there are no consequences for that. Disgusting. Imagine if the roles were reversed and a man shoved his wife because she didn't want to be affectionate with him in public. Ugh. I really want Nicole off of the show. She is a nasty person.

Narkyia (spelling?, love her name either way)...bless her heart. I just want her to find better. It makes me quite sad that she thinks Olo is worthy of what she has to offer. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a wife and children in Vietnam.

Matt is very creepy. Alla looked like she was wearing a normal outfit with a jacket and jeans...like, why is he acting like she went out for drinks naked? The way he said that she was making sure she got noticed made me very uncomfortable for her. I am worried for her safety if shit goes left.  Matt is very selfish if he expects Alla to stay home all day with her son. She's a relatively young woman who is in a new country and she should be able to explore and meet new people.

• Love 18

That picture of his highness in his princely garb?  Didn't you take a look at the background?  What is Hakeem doing posing in the hood. Girl, bye! That shit look like Boka Haram headquarters.

Saw this this morning, and ten hours later, I'm still laughing.

I think that Azan is using "respect my culture" for "I'm just not into you" at this point.  I don't blame him. Its a very convenient and appropriate way to handle the situation he finds himself in.

Maybe this is my imagination, but it seemed to me like initially Azan's main argument was the law. But over time, it has morphed into his culture and religion as well. That may be the case, but I can't help but wonder if he's laying the groundwork for when he comes to America. Once he leaves Morocco, Nicole will expect him to "pay up," so to speak. She'll make Danielle look like a piker.  Danielle clung to Mohamed like a barnacle, but she didn't plaster herself to him like a wet t shirt the way Nicole does. Nicole will demand groping. And lots of tongue. In public, in private, and everywhere else. But unlike the law, religion and culture travel with you. I have a feeling it will be Ramadan all the time, just like it was for Mo.

He wasn't left alone he was left with his future stepfather who even though we have seen little of him he seems entirely comfortable with Matt.

I was really discomfited by the scene where Matt said it was his job to raise Max to have manners, be a gentleman, etc. He's already started correcting the boy's manners and behavior. I don't know what conversations Alla and Matt have had, but he clearly thinks it's his job to be Max's father. I wonder how Max really feels about that. How do you say "you're not my real dad" in Russian?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6