Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Do you think she even knows what the term means?  I know she believes it, but I wonder if she's ever heard the moniker.

I'm sure they've heard Young Earth Creationists before. They've been to the Ark "encounter" and the Creation "museum."

Edited by Sew Sumi
Remembered "encounter"
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I want to know why the Dullards are living in a dumpy-looking little apartment lately? Where is it?? Why are they there?? In an Instagram story, Dreck opened the front door to show that they were inside of what looked like a gymnasium. So my guess is the apartment is located in a school or university. He laughingly said they were hiding out in a bunker. Did Dreck get a summer job on a campus and it came with an apartment? Why aren't they in their brand-new house? Is there a problem with the construction of their home and that's being fixed, so they had to find someplace else to live? They're still in Arkansas, based on the museum visit and Jill's outing with the Tacos4Life friend. 

On Jill’s Instagram post with the Tacos4Life friend and the splash pad, someone asked in the comments if they were living in Conway, Arkansas. (I’m assuming the commenter recognized the splash pad.)  I had to consult with Google Maps and saw that Conway is in central Arkansas...in the general vicinity of Hot Springs (recent museum trip) and Little Rock (Ben’s sister’s salon).  There’s also a university in the area...I’m guessing Derick is taking a class or has an internship for the summer.  Since it’s 3-4 hours from NW Arkansas, it makes sense that they would be staying in some sort of campus housing.  

• Useful 13
18 minutes ago, KeyLime said:

On Jill’s Instagram post with the Tacos4Life friend and the splash pad, someone asked in the comments if they were living in Conway, Arkansas. (I’m assuming the commenter recognized the splash pad.)  I had to consult with Google Maps and saw that Conway is in central Arkansas...in the general vicinity of Hot Springs (recent museum trip) and Little Rock (Ben’s sister’s salon).  There’s also a university in the area...I’m guessing Derick is taking a class or has an internship for the summer.  Since it’s 3-4 hours from NW Arkansas, it makes sense that they would be staying in some sort of campus housing.  

That’s remarkable if this is the case - considering they just bought and moved into a brand new house! 

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm sure they've heard Young Earth Creationists before. They've been to the Ark "encounter" and the Creation "museum."

Yep here’s the video when they went to the creation museum.Jill says here about 3:50 (she is a teen btw so she might have changed her mind) that the bible says the world is 6,000 years old.

Edited by Puffin

Sooooo they have a brand new house that they are paying utilities on and, presumably, a mortgage. Instead of Derick’s commuting to an internship, I assume, a mere 3-4 hours away, the whole family goes with? 

Maybe Derick and/or Jill knows it isn’t in her best interests to be alone with the kids for long stretches of time? (Depression)

Or are they that worried that the man could be tempted away?

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Jill says here about 3:50 (she is a teen btw so she might have changed her mind) that the bible says the world is 6,000 years old.

Never mind that the Bible does NOT say that the world is 6,000 years old (or any other age for that matter). This figure is based not on Scripture, but on the calculations of James Ussher, Anglican Bishop of Ireland (1581-1656), who counted back through the generations of Biblical characters to arrive at a conclusion regarding the earth's age. Since he claimed that he had been able to pinpoint the exact moment of the Creation, 6:00 PM on October 22, 4004 BC, I think we can take his scholarship with a grain of salt.

• Useful 7
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Never mind that the Bible does NOT say that the world is 6,000 years old (or any other age for that matter). This figure is based not on Scripture, but on the calculations of James Ussher, Anglican Bishop of Ireland (1581-1656), who counted back through the generations of Biblical characters to arrive at a conclusion regarding the earth's age. Since he claimed that he had been able to pinpoint the exact moment of the Creation, 6:00 PM on October 22, 4004 BC, I think we can take his scholarship with a grain of salt.

I never knew who came up with the world is 6000 years old BS and he even knew the exact time the world was made lol. Thanks for that made me laugh.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Sooooo they have a brand new house that they are paying utilities on and, presumably, a mortgage. Instead of Derick’s commuting to an internship, I assume, a mere 3-4 hours away, the whole family goes with? 

Maybe Derick and/or Jill knows it isn’t in her best interests to be alone with the kids for long stretches of time? (Depression)

It's also strange that Boob and MEchelle haven't been shown visiting Jill's house and neither have her married siblings.

Most people will have some sort of gathering or house warming party for friends and family to check out their new house but it's been total radio silence for the Dillards. I know Jill claims her sisters helped decorate but if that actually happened you know Jill would have immediately posted a gazillion pics of the event.

Between the unwillingness/unavailability of all of Jill's 18 siblings and their spouses to help the Dills move and the lack of family vists I wonder if it's not just Dipshit that's on the outs with the whole family.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I would have been more impressed if he made her breakfast.

I find it interesting that clingy Jill has reached the point where Derick is the Best Hubby Ever for facilitating time apart!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Jill couldn't handle Derick going to work for an 8 hour day and come back home.  There is no way she could be alone during the week while he was working a few hours away.  Also, at least Izzy gets up before she does.  She needs an accountability partner to get out of bed every morning. 

• Love 7

I know that Jill had hard pregnancies but as the biggest Duggar kool-ade drinker I would have expected her to be on her 4th child by now. How strange that Jessa, who didn't have a heart for children is beating her out.

• Love 3

Dreck did an Instagram story this afternoon of him and the boys sitting around the apartment, and people asked where they are. He said they’re temporarily living in Little Rock for his job. So he must have a summer job/internship. 

He also said Jill was having tea at the Governors mansion today, so I wonder if his job is with state government. Or maybe tea is something the public can attend.

• Useful 6
2 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I know that Jill had hard pregnancies but as the biggest Duggar kool-ade drinker I would have expected her to be on her 4th child by now. How strange that Jessa, who didn't have a heart for children is beating her out.

It's because Jessa married a virgin child who has no control over the relationship. Ben would never have the balls to tell Jessa that he wants to get on birth control or limit the amount of babies they have because he's scared of her and probably Boob. Derdick doesn't have a problem stopping the baby train and telling Jill what to do. Jill seems way more open minded to birth control than Jessa.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

It's because Jessa married a virgin child who has no control over the relationship. Ben would never have the balls to tell Jessa that he wants to get on birth control or limit the amount of babies they have because he's scared of her and probably Boob. Derdick doesn't have a problem stopping the baby train and telling Jill what to do. Jill seems way more open minded to birth control than Jessa.

But they were raised to have an army of children for Jesus. I don't think Jill thinks about birth control as much as they probably have zero money and Derick doesn't want a kid every year.

• Love 5

NWA to Little Rock and back would have him on the road 7 or 8 hours a day trying to commute.  I don't think that's quite realistic.  Although maybe he could have gone during the week rather than taking the whole family.  Since money seems to grow on trees for his family, maybe taking the whole family wasn't a stretch.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
(edited)

Well, to be fair, it would be about a 6 hour daily round trip. But do what normal people do: leave the wife and kids at home and come home on weekends. It's only for a couple of months, for crying out loud.

eta: @Absolom, GMTA!

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, to be fair, it would be about a 6 hour daily round trip. But do what normal people do: leave the wife and kids at home and come home on weekends. It's only for a couple of months, for crying out loud.

eta: @Absolom, GMTA!

Considering that Jill couldn't stand to be on her own for an entire day while Derick worked at WalMart, there was no way she could've tolerated Derick being gone overnight for days at a time over an entire summer.  I presume that when she discovered Derick was doing an internship that wouldn't be a reasonable commute from their home; Jill went into meltdown mode until Derick promised that she could tag along.  Hence, they're living in some tiny rundown apartment while their brand new house sits empty.  Jill really is that emotionally and psychologically stunted, IMO.

• Love 19

If Jill went to a real obgyn she might be in better health to have a dozen kids. I honestly don’t see Dereck wanting a dozen kids period. 

Since they barely care about the 2 they got I’m hoping they will not have any more blessings.

• Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Considering that Jill couldn't stand to be on her own for an entire day while Derick worked at WalMart, there was no way she could've tolerated Derick being gone overnight for days at a time over an entire summer.  I presume that when she discovered Derick was doing an internship that wouldn't be a reasonable commute from their home; Jill went into meltdown mode until Derick promised that she could tag along.  Hence, they're living in some tiny rundown apartment while their brand new house sits empty.  Jill really is that emotionally and psychologically stunted, IMO.

Oh, I think we all know that Jilly Muffin couldn't handle being on her own weekdays for approximately 8-10 weeks. She has the emotional maturity of a 10 year old. And I am probably being generous.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I think we all know that Jilly Muffin couldn't handle being on her own weekdays for approximately 8-10 werks. She has the emotional maturity of a 10 year old. And I am probably being generous.

Well, she could have suffered another attack from an errant shower rack like she did in Danger America.  There's no guarantee that domestic shower racks won't become rabid and bite, after all.

• LOL 21
4 hours ago, KeyLime said:

Great bit of sleuthing!  Thanks!

1 hour ago, lulu69 said:

It's also strange that Boob and MEchelle haven't been shown visiting Jill's house and neither have her married siblings.

Most people will have some sort of gathering or house warming party for friends and family to check out their new house but it's been total radio silence for the Dillards. I know Jill claims her sisters helped decorate but if that actually happened you know Jill would have immediately posted a gazillion pics of the event.

Between the unwillingness/unavailability of all of Jill's 18 siblings and their spouses to help the Dills move and the lack of family vists I wonder if it's not just Dipshit that's on the outs with the whole family.

Very true. Strange that we haven’t seen tons of pics of the fam helping with moving, decorating, or a big housewarming party. They never miss an opportunity to advertise that kind of thing heavily. Something has to be up. 

1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Dreck did an Instagram story this afternoon of him and the boys sitting around the apartment, and people asked where they are. He said they’re temporarily living in Little Rock for his job. So he must have a summer job/internship. 

He also said Jill was having tea at the Governors mansion today, so I wonder if his job is with state government. Or maybe tea is something the public can attend.

Would love to see her #citrusandlemon outfit for tea at the governor’s mansion!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Hmm I wonder what he is up to in Little Rock. I bet it is something political internship-wise/job-wise rather than a law firm. He could possibly be doing some sort of summer class through UALR, but I don't know that they'd let you do that. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

It's a fundraiser held several times a year, sponsored by the Friends of the Governor's Mansion. They did hold one this afternoon. Open to the general public, tickets are around $50 per person. The proceeds go to restoring and maintaining the Mansion. The First Lady usually makes an appearance. They do a special children's tea at Christmas. 

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, to be fair, it would be about a 6 hour daily round trip.

It's a solid minimum of six hours and can go seven depending on exact locations and traffic.  Sorry my brain gave me time for Hot Springs to Fayetteville.  That's a drive I'm glad I'll never have to repeat.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oh yeah it would be insane for Derrick to commute to Little Rock from his house daily. However, it is crazy to me that he apparently relocated the whole family there for the summer after they bought a new house. 

• Love 21

Yeah, sorry, I didn’t mean to imply Derick commute daily. I mean he could stay at the little apartment in the gym during the week and come home on the weekends to Jill and the kids in their brand new home. This is exactly what happens in my house. My husband works out of town during the week and comes home most weekends. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I'm not sure how much of this is a choice and just how things worked out for her. Not everyone is as magically fertile as Jill's mother.  Jill could be facing secondary infertility and Derick has been busy with law school. 

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Ben doesn't seem to want to stop the baby train. Ben was saying he thought Jessa and he could a third child by the fourth anniversary. (A friend of mine had three kids all born before anniversary #4 with no twins or triplets.) Jessa was pregnant with #3 by their 4rth anniversary, but didn't give birth for another 6 months. 

• Love 2

Jill's hair looks greasy and her dress is too long. She looks like a throwback to their frumper days. It's a pet peeve of mine when women don't hem their too long maxi dresses and let them drag the ground.

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

If you watch the video, note there is no one else with a phone, or camera out while she pans the room, except what appears to be a photographer for the event.

you think she didn't know what he was talking about and was just bored?

• Love 3
(edited)

The idea of tea at the Governor's Mansion sounds kind of fun. 

In "Jill-terms," I don't think she looks totally awful, but I would've gone with a more tailored look for the occasion.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12
(edited)

9/10 certain this is the first time Jill heard about woman’s suffrage. But of course now that she has, she’s a true expert and champion for woman’s rights. 

Edited by Trillium
  • LOL 18
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Which she probably does not exercise 

I’m certain she does vote, actually. Gotta save all those aborted babiez and stop the gays from ruining marriage and traditional family values. Which are the only two issues ultra conservatives care about. Say you’re pro- Life and they vote for you. Doesn’t matter what the stance on other issues are.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I find it strange she is at a celebration of woman's right (to vote) while practicing a religion that does nothing but oppress women.

A commentor said this and Jill answered "That is not true".

• LOL 16