Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

I do think being alone sets Jill off. Between being naturally clingy with Derick and having been raised in such a large family, I don't think she is psychologically capable of handling some solo time. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 13
On 5/28/2019 at 6:12 PM, ginger90 said:

5E5A7296-1DC9-49A9-9071-83CF01B18E52.jpeg

0B4FEDEA-56CF-440C-97B3-37F63FE3CA10.jpeg

jillmdillard

Congrats @jessaseewald and @ben_seewald on little Ivy Jane! 💕Love her so much and love the name! Such a little doll! 🤗

I can only wish they are all wearing orange to protest gun violence. . . 

On 5/28/2019 at 6:32 PM, bigskygirl said:

Sammy is thinking WTF!

“Anybody, someone out there, help! Rescue me! (And Yaaay.)”

On 5/28/2019 at 10:31 PM, McManda said:

The only way I see it not being the orthodontist's fault is if Derick actively went against home care recommendations. While I think Derick isn't the brightest bulb in the box, I don't think he either knows enough about orthodontia or wants to actively screw up his face, so I legitimately have to question the doctor, too.

IMO, disregarding home care directions does not get you to the point where Derick is at. He went from normal to scary in a very short amount of time and if I were him I'd be looking for a second (or third or fourth) opinion. 

Used to work on a professional peer-reviewed orthodontics journal here. Read everything. Relapse (reversion towards presurgical status) is pretty common with orthodontic surgery. The more dramatic/severe the surgery, the greater the likelihood of some amount of relapse. It just isn’t perfectly predictable. Surgeons usually take this possibility into account when carrying out surgery. It could be a crappy surgery, total lack of following post surgical directions on Derick’s part, or some of both.

• Useful 9
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Jill gave Zika a second thought because in her mind God would protect her. I also think part of the reason why she was scared in Danger America was the fact she was alone a lot without Deredick and her family around, plus the fact she had to take care of Izzy on her own. She might have been fine in DA and might have been thinking they would only be there for a short period of time. Like I said, they both had no clue on what the other person wanted out of marriage. They blindly went in thinking one day they will be on the same page. Stupid is as stupid does.

Derick thought he was marrying a midwife with a love for mission work.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Derick thought he was marrying a midwife with a love for mission work.

Exactly! And she probably thought she was marrying a guy who wants to stay home with her 24/7, adores her family and be paraded around in the dog and pony show.

(edited)

Of all the Duggar offspring who married, I think these two probably have the biggest case of buyer's remorse. And if they don't, they should. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 17

Oh Jillllll....

why bother wearing shorts at all? That top is too big and should be worn with form fitting jeans or leggings. You need a clothing intervention. 

If she isn’t pregnant, she sure wants to be, based on the clothing selections she has chosen to “model” while squinting into the sun...

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, Zella said:

Of all the Duggar offspring who married, I think these two probably have the biggest case of buyer's remorse. And if they don't, they should. 

I think of all the married kids Jill, Smugs and Josiah are probably the most miserable.

Why the tank top underneath the giant blue top?

33 minutes ago, Zella said:

Maybe once Dereck pushes his jaw back together he will divorce Jill.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Why the tank top underneath the giant blue top?

Maybe once Dereck pushes his jaw back together he will divorce Jill.

All the single fundie women will find him attractive and go after him like bees on honey.

I do feel a little bit sorry for Jill with all these clothing pictures she continues to post.  She is a decade late in trying to find her own style.   She reminds me of myself back in high school trying different clothes to figure out the me I wanted to present to the world.  She fails 90% of the time, but she is trying.   I'm glad I grew up before the internet. 

I do think that Jill is not completely comfortable in her body hence the oversized clothing.  She tends to buy everything at least one size too big because she has yet to learn the differences between skin-tight, fitted and too big.  With the way that she grew up, I bet she feels like fitted clothes are too tight.

• Love 9

I'd have to wear a shirt under that blue thing. The armholes are huge.

Isn't getting personal advice from the salespeople one of the reasons to shop in a small boutique? Jill either isn't getting any advice from Amy, or she refuses to listen. 

The dumpy shorts appear yet again. It's time to wash them. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I'm in the minority thinking Jill and Derick are happy with each other. I'm not noticing anything indicating they're unhappy with each other. I think they're finally figuring out what marriage and adulting is after sheltered upbringings and they in their minds they're succeeding.

I don't think Derick is angry or mean to Jill. I think he's a self-righteous religious zealot. And the anger and hatred Derick spouts on SM, Jill likely sees as religious conviction. 

Also, Jill has eleventy billion females in her life. Will one of them please help her with these shilling pics?!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190531-211159_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.b1144104316d8b235a15b8d562dcfd09.jpg

Geez Jill, you're supposed to make the clothes look good so people buy them.

I do not understand this shirt at all. Even properly fitting it wouldn't be dress length. its obviously not a dress, but even in the right size it would seem like a dress that someone grew out of but doesn't want to throw away. Is it supposed to be an empire waist shirt?? 

Much confusion. Jill's horrendous modeling doesn't help either. Cousin Amy needs to send her like basic t shirts because that is all Jill can handle and she probably would mess that up too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Jill needs to size down. The tops she wears give her a tent effect, making her midsection appear way larger than it really is. If she'd keep her hair tied up and stop squinting into the sun, her pictures would look a thousand times better.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

I do not understand this shirt at all. Even properly fitting it wouldn't be dress length. its obviously not a dress, but even in the right size it would seem like a dress that someone grew out of but doesn't want to throw away. Is it supposed to be an empire waist shirt?? 

Much confusion. Jill's horrendous modeling doesn't help either. Cousin Amy needs to send her like basic t shirts because that is all Jill can handle and she probably would mess that up too. 

I could see this being a bathing suit cover up! I can't imagine it being anything else.

i think smugs is the least happy overall (his reputation, lack of real job, being basically cut out of the family for tlc purposes, not being able to pursue the type of woman he wants, having to have 50 billion kids), but I wouldn't guess he was as unhappy with his marriage as Jill or Josiah are. He seems to actually like and have a real friendship with Anna. Jill and Derick seem unhappy with their marriage and life in general, and si seems to like lauren as a friend, but not as much as Josh likes anna, if that makes sense. I think in the real world, Josiah and Lauren would be the friends who met in choir and hung out occasionally, but weren't bff's. Regardless of the speculations about si's sexuality, I think he truly loved Marjorie as a friend. 

• Love 4
On 5/29/2019 at 9:27 AM, Quilt Fairy said:

AFAIK, the idea that Cathy got some huge payout from her first husband's life insurance is made up out of thin air.  Derick's dad was an average guy, and a small town police officer would make a decent but not great salary.  If he was a responsible husband and father I'm sure there was some life insurance but it was probably in the $50K-$100K range (total speculation on my part).  He did not die in the line of duty and again, small town police department, so there might not have been anything more from them in any case. 

If Cathy has any money to support Derick, it's most likely her own from Walmart (where she was a high-level executive) or her CPA firm.  (Again total speculation on my part but more likely than any other scenario.) 

I love the snark, but sometimes these threads are the ultimate game of "Telephone".  Someone makes a statement based on no actual knowledge and a couple of posts later it has become a "fact".  A few hundred posts later it's part of our archival knowledge base that people just assume is true. 

Is Dickweed from Rogers, Arkansas?  I did a quick look and they get paid NOW in the $49K-$53K range.   Not a bad salary but not a great one either.  Where these tools get the money to afford their lifestyle of not working/buying a home/perpetual schooling for Dickweed is a mystery.  I think some of $ came from Jill's past earnings and donations from rabid fans.  Or TLC pays them to stay away.  HA!

• Love 4

Wow, good point. That’s going to dump a ton of water right in front of the front door. The whole thing should have been installed around the corner to the right.

Here in new houses they have to be directed into drain pipes under the ground to avoid dumping tons of water right next to the foundation and potentially into the basement.

Great builders, Derrick...

• Love 15
(edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 1:24 PM, Broken Ox said:

Thought it was Princess Leia there for a minute. But she didn't have furrows at that age.

On 5/31/2019 at 1:49 PM, bigskygirl said:

May the force be with you Jill. The sad part is Jill probably does not know who Princess Leia is.

I just had a horrific thought. Derick probably knows Star Wars. Maybe he explained who Princess Leia was to Jill and the reason Jill wears her hair so long is so that she can play “Princess Leia in the gold bikini” for Derick. 

There is not enough brain bleach in the world for me now. I may never be able to sleep again!

JS116637069_Carrie-Fisher-Return-Of-The-

Edited by EVS
Added photo
  • LOL 3

I actually love the tank top Jill is wearing. But, I'm 55 and overweight, so I wear oversized shirts to cover my flab. I think Jill is too young & skinny to be wearing that type of top, but it may be more comfortable for her. Or, she may be pregnant (God forbid!) and buying clothes to grow into.

• Love 9
On 5/29/2019 at 10:27 AM, Quilt Fairy said:

If Cathy has any money to support Derick, it's most likely her own from Walmart (where she was a high-level executive) or her CPA firm.  (Again total speculation on my part but more likely than any other scenario.) 

I love the snark, but sometimes these threads are the ultimate game of "Telephone".  Someone makes a statement based on no actual knowledge and a couple of posts later it has become a "fact".  A few hundred posts later it's part of our archival knowledge base that people just assume is true. 

Cathy Dillard Bynum is not a CPA. I have searched the Arkansas licensing board's website listing all current and former CPAs in Arkansas. She's not there under either Dillard or Byrum.

Also, there's this about her career:

11 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Cathy worked for Walmart/Sams Club for 17 years mainly as an Inventory Coordinator which on average makes about 36,000 per year.  I'm sure she made more than that with her experience there, but i doubt it was in the six figure rage.  Had she been a Buyer or held an executive position, I could see her being able to fund Deertick's lifestyle, but i really doubt it.

She has been employed by a company called Treehouse Sales and Solutions, Inc. since 2007. Her bio page on the company's site says this:

Cathy Dillard Byrum landed in Arkansas from Oklahoma City, graduating from Putnam City West High School, and going on to receive Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from Oklahoma State University. Before moving to Arkansas, she worked as an Academic Counselor at OSU for three years. She is a Cowboys fan through and through.

Cathy began her Walmart career in 1989 in Accounting and later switched to Sam’s Club, taking roles in Merchandising, Replenishment (US and International) and International Strategy. There she was recognized as Inventory Coordinator of the Year in 1996. Her 17 years of experience at Walmart and Sam’s makes her an invaluable part of the TreeHouse team of which she has been a part since 2007.

Apart from her hard work at the office, Cathy is an aspiring writer and beginning blogger, currently completing a book about her 2014 cancer battle. She and her husband Ronnie have recently begun building a small herd of Limousin cattle. Cathy is the mother of two happily married sons. Derick is married to Jill and together they have two sons, Israel and Samuel! Dan and his wife Deena are faithful in serving their church and community. Cathy loves every moment she gets to spend with them and her grandson.

I have no clue what she actually does with the company, whether she works at it full-time, or how much money she makes from it.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Derick is married to Jill and together they have two sons, Israel and Samuel!

I love how this is the only sentence with an exclamation point, as though acknowledging how miraculous it is that Derrick managed to marry and procreate...

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

I didn't know Cathy has a Master's degree.  She managed to raise two sons while having a good career.  I wonder how she really feels about Jill and her lack of education and motivation. She must hope her grandsons grow up educated with good paying jobs. She must be secretly disappointed in Derick getting caught up with the Duggars and now floundering about life.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, louannems said:

I didn't know Cathy has a Master's degree.  She managed to raise two sons while having a good career.  I wonder how she really feels about Jill and her lack of education and motivation. She must hope her grandsons grow up educated with good paying jobs. She must be secretly disappointed in Derick getting caught up with the Duggars and now floundering about life.

She did not seem to mind too much when Deredick was courting Jill. I think she was in shock when Jill got pregnant so darn fast. I guess she did not explain to her son not using birth control at all while having sex can lead to a baby.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

She did not seem to mind too much when Deredick was courting Jill. I think she was in shock when Jill got pregnant so darn fast. I guess she did not explain to her son not using birth control at all while having sex can lead to a baby.

I bet she bought into the hype too...plus, she thought she was maybe going to die, and she wanted him with a wholesome, loving family. The duggars might sound pretty good to an outsider: they own their own business that supports 19 kids, they have warehouses full of furniture, they do construction and flip houses, and they've managed to build all this without anyone having a college degree (not to mention TLC though haha). When one of them gets married, JB pulls one of his many properties for them, and the kids modernize it and furnish it in a jiffy. It SOUNDS impressive to someone who doesn't know them, and I bet she got caught up in all of it, and thought it would be good for her son when she was gone. 

I could also see her thinking Jill was quite the catch. She might have thought that being a midwife would be a legitimate career for Jill, like it was the equivalent of having a cosmetology degree or something like that. Also, there are plenty of women who prefer to work themselves, but think being a SAHM is great, or even preferable, even though they don't want to do it. She probably assumed, like a lot of us did, that Jill had been raised to be the perfect mother and housewife. 

Instead, Jill is lazy and ignorant, and doesn't try. If she was a motivated SAHM who kept a clean house and branched out with things like cooking, and seemed to enjoy her children, I bet Cathy would be thrilled. As it is, I bet Cathy realizes how totally helpless and dependent Jill is, and how little she can accomplish in the home, or anywhere else. Also, this group of young go-getters are actually lazy, and their ways have rubbed off on Derick. His beliefs have also gotten too extreme for him to function in mainstream society, if his complaints about women's clothing at Walmart are true. I bet she has a huge case of buyer's remorse, even if she does like Jill as a person. 

• Love 12
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I bet she bought into the hype too...plus, she thought she was maybe going to die, and she wanted him with a wholesome, loving family. The duggars might sound pretty good to an outsider: they own their own business that supports 19 kids, they have warehouses full of furniture, they do construction and flip houses, and they've managed to build all this without anyone having a college degree (not to mention TLC though haha). When one of them gets married, JB pulls one of his many properties for them, and the kids modernize it and furnish it in a jiffy. It SOUNDS impressive to someone who doesn't know them, and I bet she got caught up in all of it, and thought it would be good for her son when she was gone. 

I could also see her thinking Jill was quite the catch. She might have thought that being a midwife would be a legitimate career for Jill, like it was the equivalent of having a cosmetology degree or something like that. Also, there are plenty of women who prefer to work themselves, but think being a SAHM is great, or even preferable, even though they don't want to do it. She probably assumed, like a lot of us did, that Jill had been raised to be the perfect mother and housewife. 

Instead, Jill is lazy and ignorant, and doesn't try. If she was a motivated SAHM who kept a clean house and branched out with things like cooking, and seemed to enjoy her children, I bet Cathy would be thrilled. As it is, I bet Cathy realizes how totally helpless and dependent Jill is, and how little she can accomplish in the home, or anywhere else. Also, this group of young go-getters are actually lazy, and their ways have rubbed off on Derick. His beliefs have also gotten too extreme for him to function in mainstream society, if his complaints about women's clothing at Walmart are true. I bet she has a huge case of buyer's remorse, even if she does like Jill as a person. 

If I had a son, and he said he wanted to "court" a Duggar daughter, I would be taking him in for a complete psych consult and explain to him how bad an idea it would be.

Edited by bigskygirl
  • Love 1

Jill looks like she is going out to do some lawn work in her sloppy, old clothes. 

Truly, this is how I looked last weekend working in the backyard, hoping I wouldn't see anyone. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
On 6/1/2019 at 11:49 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do think that Jill is not completely comfortable in her body hence the oversized clothing.  She tends to buy everything at least one size too big because she has yet to learn the differences between skin-tight, fitted and too big.  With the way that she grew up, I bet she feels like fitted clothes are too tight.

I would not be surprised if this is true. She may not be comfortable in her body, plus she has a heck of a lot of brainwashing to overcome about needing to be covered neck to ankle to avoid being responsible for leading men astray. On top of that, it may just feel safer to her, as a sexual abuse survivor, to wear clothing that she can hide in.

On 6/1/2019 at 12:38 PM, BradandJanet said:

I'd have to wear a shirt under that blue thing. The armholes are huge.

Oh, me, too. I'm sure Jill would be freaked by the lacing in the front, too. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I would not be surprised if this is true. She may not be comfortable in her body, plus she has a heck of a lot of brainwashing to overcome about needing to be covered neck to ankle to avoid being responsible for leading men astray. On top of that, it may just feel safer to her, as a sexual abuse survivor, to wear clothing that she can hide in.

Oh, me, too. I'm sure Jill would be freaked by the lacing in the front, too. 

Or she gets them oversized in anticipation of the next pregnancy.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Zella said:

That typo in the word English isn't doing her any favors. . . .

True, but I'm wondering if that is the Facebook link to the organization rather than Deena's typo. She does spell "English" correctly elsewhere.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

True, but I'm wondering if that is the Facebook link to the organization rather than Deena's typo. She does spell "English" correctly elsewhere.

Not according to google...just a typo, but what a job listing to have that happen! 😆

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I wonder if it has dawned on Jill that her MIL's & SIL's educations are vastly different than her own. And does she understand the benefits of higher ed (and in her case - education period)?

I know many folks think that higher ed is just to land a certain job or career field, but the benefits go far beyond that. I'm guessing Jill doesn't give it a second thought and doesn't think she's been disadvantaged at all. 

Just to qualify - I know many very successful and intelligent adults without higher ed. Jill would not be included in this cohort.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Just going to say that hot-dogs are considered a choking hazard for young kids, not to mention one that is positioned on a pointed stick.

Sammy is a cutie.

Probably but when you think about it, anything other than gruel can be a choking hazard.  My oldest choked on a small piece of roast beef I cut for him.  He was about 5. He had teeth.  He also choked on a small piece of cookie he bit off himself.  Lucky that the first Mr. lookeyloo was a doctor and home at the time, and was able to do whatever he did, because I was screaming, and fixed things.  Of course we knew not to give them small pieces of hard candy, etc.  As far as the stick, unless they stop short and he rams it into the roof of his mouth he is probably okay.  He isn't running with it, in this picture.  Maybe when they get home?  

• Love 4