Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jill sold herself to Derick (or JB did) as a midwife who had a desire to do missionary work. She knew Derick wanted to be a missionary and shouldn't have been surprised that he moved them to DA, IMO.

I think it's stupid that she did this, too, but I wonder if she thought he would have the common sense to not move to the mission field when they have their first newborn. I wonder how Jill would have done if they'd moved when Izzy and Sam were 8 and 10, for example. She might have been the same crazed mess, but she might have done a lot better.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think this is exactly the problem.  Jill said she wanted to do mission work, but she'd led such an isolated, stunted life that she had no concrete notion of what would be involved.  She thought it would be enough for them to skip off hither and yon, stay in American style hotels and she would apply fingernail polish to little girls while Derick converted their parents.  They might a few times a year, more than she had with her parents; but Jill would've expected to still spend every holiday, weekend, birthday, wedding, wedding shower, baby shower and birth back home; meaning that none of their trips were going to be more than a couple weeks at most.  

I also think, because of her very sheltered childhood, she actually thought her midwifery training had prepared her to practice, that she could handle whatever came her way,  Then she got pregnant and gave birth herself and it was a festival of bad judgment and ignorance, and, especially after reading a bit online and seeing the public laugh at her foolishness; she became disillusioned with that, too.

I guess she should have paid more attention and asked more questions about Derick's life as a "missionary" in Nepal. Whatever he accomplished, he definitely wasn't living in hotels or handing out lollipops.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Funny because we are talking about their table in their house because I keep getting a local furniture ad on top of the page.

I keep getting an ad for some ugly brown sandles.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Someone suggested a while back that he might have inherited some money from his grandparents recently. This makes the most sense to me.

It's possible, given the enormous number of humpers, that they were able to grift MUCH more money that we suspected back in the DA days. If that was the case, though, I don't know why they would have been paying off Izzy's hospital bills for a year.

It's possible that all of the girls have some money from their ridiculous book on relationships. If that were the case, though, I don't know why Jinger and Jill would be living so much better than Jessa and Joy.

Derick has been spending LOTS of money for the past couple of years with no source of income -- the Cross Church program, law school, and now, a house. No bank is going to give a loan to a young couple with two children, no jobs, and no work history to speak of -- they either bought the house or someone bought it for them.

I think that this is likely where Jeremy's money comes from, too. Both Jeremy and Derick are about 30, and that would be a pretty statistically normal age to lose grandparents.

Jeremy still has grandparents on his father’s side. His mother’s parents are deceased.

It’s possible Derick received something from his father’s estate. Don’t forget his brother bought a house within the past year or so as well. Maybe, there was an insurance policy that was in trust for them.

Or maybe, Derick sued his dentist.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Jeremy still has grandparents on his father’s side. His mother’s parents are deceased.

It’s possible Derick received something from his father’s estate. Don’t forget his brother bought a house within the past year or so as well. Maybe, there was an insurance policy that was in trust for them.

Or maybe, Derick sued his dentist.

He could take the money and find another dentist or learn to take better care of his jaw and teeth. Just saying...

Back to the shallow!  It’s not so much the placement of the dining set as it is the set itself. Too big. Too old, dirty, scratched, etc. The size makes it possible for the highchair to be stuck alone in a corner. And that stupid ass bench! Even a cheap farm table with four real chairs would look nice against the wall. It even leaves room for Sam to get a chair someday. There’s no way they can’t afford it. There’s just some weird ass thinking going on there. Why would you ever pull up that bench in the first place?

Sorry, I’m very OCD about furniture and decorating. But you know, in a weird sensible way. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Back to the shallow!  It’s not so much the placement of the dining set as it is the set itself. Too big. Too old, dirty, scratched, etc. The size makes it possible for the highchair to be stuck alone in a corner. And that stupid ass bench! Even a cheap farm table with four real chairs would look nice against the wall. It even leaves room for Sam to get a chair someday. There’s no way they can’t afford it. There’s just some weird ass thinking going on there. Why would you ever pull up that bench in the first place?

Sorry, I’m very OCD about furniture and decorating. But you know, in a weird sensible way. 

Brand new house they can mysteriously afford, but thrift store tier furniture.  Penny wise and pound foolish all the way. 

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Temperance said:

How old was Israel when they went on the mission? 

Also has Jill or Derick said anything on their social media about the pregnancy rumors? 

Izzy was four months when they went to DA. 

Not sure if Jill is addressing the pregnancy rumors. I tend not to read the comments.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

What experience did she really have at mission work? Showing up Duggar with a camera crew for two weeks while staying in hotels and having your ass kissed as you hand out lollipops and tracts would be zero preparation for actually living in another country, let alone trying to manage a household and raise a child there with only Mr. Sensitivity for family.

She was raised to be daddy’s little snitch girl for Jesus, not to be a functioning adult. Even people who weren’t systematically crippled by their parents into blind cultdom have a tough time adjusting to adulting...I know I did. Some days I still do.

But now she’s gone from being Daddy’s girl to being semi-shunned and off TV, thanks to the crabby fuckwit he hooked her up with, despite doing everything she was supposed to.That’s some major cognitive dissonance to someone trained to look to The Penis In Charge for every decision.

On some level I feel bad for her. 

Then she posts and I’m over that.

I think you bring up a good point about how it was Jill's first time even adulting. I didn't even live in a cult, and I had a really tough transition year freshman year of college! And that's not even completely "adulting." I wonder if Derick is so clueless that he literally didn't think of the difference between him and Jill; he had been to college and Nepal, while she had never been to the drugstore alone. I could totally see him not even taking this into account!

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)

Take any of the Duggars kids out of the Duggar compound at age 18 and put them by themselves in a distant major town say LA and I think they might have trouble surviving

Edited by BrianJ1962
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Here I go again:

Interpretive Dancer, oh hell, let's just say stripper (more funny to think about)

He would be a millionaire from women paying him $ to keep his clothes on!

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

Both of Derick's paternal grandparents have passed away. Most recently, his paternal grandmother. With his father being deceased, Derick and Dan would have received their father's share of the grandparents' estate. I don't know if Derick's father had any brothers or sisters. If not, Derick and Dan received half each of their grandparents' cash/estate. This may be where the money came from for the homes that they purchased.

In Derick's case, with NO JOB or 'new money ' coming in each month he and Jill would never have qualified for a home mortgage from any traditional lending institution. It makes perfect sense that the builder of their house, being 'one of them' would finance their purchase. I believe that their house is builder-financed directly and no real lender is involved.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, floridamom said:

It makes perfect sense that the builder of their house, being 'one of them' would finance their purchase. I believe that their house is builder-financed directly and no real lender is involved.

I hope the builder doesn't learn the hard way that he's dealing with a family of grifters and scammers: "We're going to be a little late with this month's payment, we're waiting for some love offerings to come in.", "Instead of paying you the rest of the money in cash, how about if we pay you in free legal services once Derick passes the Bar?", "Would Jesus really want you to turn us over to a collection agency?"

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I hope the builder doesn't learn the hard way that he's dealing with a family of grifters and scammers: "We're going to be a little late with this month's payment, we're waiting for some love offerings to come in.", "Instead of paying you the rest of the money in cash, how about if we pay you in free legal services once Derick passes the Bar?", "Would Jesus really want you to turn us over to a collection agency?"

The builder is a part of a big national company that builds home in many states across the South. The company tries to make home ownership affordable (a good idea imo).   Part of this company's brand is to sell homes to people who have less money. I think the company must have some sort of plan in case the people are suddenly unable to make their payments. (People could either mislead the company about their finances or have some kind of  sudden, unforseen problem---a layoff, an injury, etc-- that leaves them financially stranded).   Of course it's likely once they build the house that it's the bank's problem if the people run out of money. 

(By the way, the national company just annnounced they're going to closed on Sundays, to honor God and so employees can spend more time with family.) 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 5/4/2019 at 3:19 PM, ginger90 said:

I personally would have taken the boys, for the same reason Jill didn’t.

But then Dickwad would have to cook his own gruel and wash his own underwear!

On 5/4/2019 at 4:32 PM, bigskygirl said:

She probably was worried a heathen hussy would have hit on Deredick. A teenage girl could have been mowing the lawn in a skimpy outfit and tempt Durwood to leave Jill and the boys.

And yep, can't be leaving him without an accountability partner. 

• Love 4
On 5/4/2019 at 2:07 PM, Oldernowiser said:

What experience did she really have at mission work? Showing up Duggar with a camera crew for two weeks while staying in hotels and having your ass kissed as you hand out lollipops and tracts would be zero preparation for actually living in another country, let alone trying to manage a household and raise a child there with only Mr. Sensitivity for family.

She was raised to be daddy’s little snitch girl for Jesus, not to be a functioning adult. Even people who weren’t systematically crippled by their parents into blind cultdom have a tough time adjusting to adulting...I know I did. Some days I still do.

But now she’s gone from being Daddy’s girl to being semi-shunned and off TV, thanks to the crabby fuckwit he hooked her up with, despite doing everything she was supposed to.That’s some major cognitive dissonance to someone trained to look to The Penis In Charge for every decision.

On some level I feel bad for her. 

Then she posts and I’m over that.

Exactly this. And "Daddy's little snitch girl for Jesus" and "The Penis in Charge" are both perfect.

On 5/4/2019 at 2:28 PM, doodlebug said:

I think this is exactly the problem.  Jill said she wanted to do mission work, but she'd led such an isolated, stunted life that she had no concrete notion of what would be involved.  She thought it would be enough for them to skip off hither and yon, stay in American style hotels and she would apply fingernail polish to little girls while Derick converted their parents.  They might a few times a year, more than she had with her parents; but Jill would've expected to still spend every holiday, weekend, birthday, wedding, wedding shower, baby shower and birth back home; meaning that none of their trips were going to be more than a couple weeks at most.  

I also think, because of her very sheltered childhood, she actually thought her midwifery training had prepared her to practice, that she could handle whatever came her way,  Then she got pregnant and gave birth herself and it was a festival of bad judgment and ignorance, and, especially after reading a bit online and seeing the public laugh at her foolishness; she became disillusioned with that, too.

I agree that Jill thought she was all that and a bag of chips as a missionary because painting fingernails, handing out tracts, and watching someone delivery a baby were all that was required, all the while staying in her nice safe bubble. And I love the description of her birth experience(s) as a "festival of bad judgment and ignorance."

I also almost feel sorry for her sometimes and then I remember she is still holding the party line on many many issues where she and I have profound ideological disagreements and has yet to have a critical thought in her head (and she may never have one, given that any spark of intellectual curiosity has been stamped out by her terrible parents). 

• Love 8

At times, I think the issue with their marriage is the same thing millions of couples go through - the cute little quirks exhibited in the initial lust phase are now annoying ass personality traits. The “my partner is so chill and rarely gets worked up about anything” is now “Jesus H Christ, are you even paying attention to anything I’ve done or said?”

Couple this normal marriage stuff with the fact that Derick is unsatisfied with life (accountant! No missionary! Wait! attorney! Bueller?!), the stress of having two little kids, media attention, and keeping sweet?  It makes me tired for them both. I think he’s a Deredick and she’s annoying, but it’s a lot for anyone who has a good emotional foundation. And I don’t think she has that...

• Love 23
6 hours ago, ms.o said:

media attention

This could be greatly minimized or eliminated by getting off social media. It's the only way anyone still pays attention to them. Kiss Sm goodbye and and their marriage might be a bit better. Not that they'll ever stop that 'ministry'.

• Love 18
On 5/4/2019 at 1:01 PM, bigskygirl said:

No I mean home insurance. We had to get it when we got our loan with the credit union for our house. We were also looking for a new manufactured home on a piece of land, and part of the payments would have included monthly insurance premiums and property taxes. I would love to have an extra bedroom, more updated kitchen and another bathroom, but it is out of our price range right now.

There is almost zero chance if they used a real bank for a loan that they don't have homeowner's insurance. No way a bank would take on the liability w/o some kind of insurance. They would have to have insurance that covers up to a certain percentage of the value of the home or they'd be in big trouble with both their lender and their insurance company. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, questionfear said:

There is almost zero chance if they used a real bank for a loan that they don't have homeowner's insurance. No way a bank would take on the liability w/o some kind of insurance. They would have to have insurance that covers up to a certain percentage of the value of the home or they'd be in big trouble with both their lender and their insurance company. 

Knowing Jill and Deredick, they probably would think they do not need home insurance because God would protect them from fires, natural disasters, etc. etc. They obviously have not realize God has been trying to protect them from their own stupidity.

2 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Is that supposed to be done? The chicken looks cooked but the lemon and onion look raw, like they weren't in the oven with the rest of it.

I don't see any chicken. I only see potatoes, carrots, etc.  It does look she took the picture before putting it into the oven. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't see any chicken. I only see potatoes, carrots, etc.  It does look she took the picture before putting it into the oven. 

Oh, are those potatoes? I thought they were seasoned and baked boneless chicken breasts, lol! I guess my mind doesn't associate potatoes with lemons. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Knowing Jill and Deredick, they probably would think they do not need home insurance because God would protect them from fires, natural disasters, etc. etc. They obviously have not realize God has been trying to protect them from their own stupidity.

Well, they would only be able to pull that if they paid cash for the home. Literally, the lender would want proof they had coverage AT LEAST up to the amount owed to the lender at the time of closing. I could see them not keeping up the homeowners to the value of the home (there needs to be a certain level of insurance commensurate with the value, so in other words: they buy a house for, say, 100k. They put in work that drives the value up to 25k. They fail to change their insurance to reflect the new value of 125k. They will not be made whole if the house burns down, and the insurance company might even pay out less than normal as a penalty for not having full insurance.)

Honestly I'm sort of surprised JB doesn't own an insurance franchise to go with his shitty real estate empire. Maybe that's what Deredick will do when he's done with law school. 

• Love 4

I want to know who Rachel is. I also want to know what the heck is deliciousness for supper means along with great is my faithfulness. Is she trying to impress us with fancy words because if she is, she is failing big time.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I want to know who Rachel is. I also want to know what the heck is deliciousness for supper means along with great is my faithfulness. Is she trying to impress us with fancy words because if she is, she is failing big time.

Great Is Thy Faithfulness is a hymn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

That’s a whole lot of potatoes for two adults and two small children. And not very many carrots. For myself, I’d chop those onions a bit smaller as well. But it’s still the most appetizing thing I’ve seen in her kitchen to date. No cream of crap soup or mounds of sodium in sight. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Is that supposed to be done? The chicken looks cooked but the lemon and onion look raw, like they weren't in the oven with the rest of it.

Chicken?  I thought that was potatoes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

That dish is definitely raw. I suppose she did that since she’d have to wait for it to cool to set it on the countertop or it would burn right through.  It’s also about the best she can do.  Maybe the lighter, brighter atmosphere has inspired her to do better.  She may have been depressed in the darker apartment and didn’t know why.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, emma675 said:

Oh, are those potatoes? I thought they were seasoned and baked boneless chicken breasts, lol! I guess my mind doesn't associate potatoes with lemons. 

Potatoes with lemon are so so so good 

I can’t snark, it’s a dish that isn’t covered with cream of sodium, and I really do love potatoes and lemon

Edited by Totally
Removing kitten caused errors
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, emma675 said:

I thought it was chicken as well!!!!

• Love 7

Garden Herb Potatoes

May 6, 2019 | Recipes | 0 

This morning the boys and I were hanging out with my new friend, Rachel, and she gave me some herbs from her garden! I asked her what some of their favorite ways are to eat fresh rosemary and thyme and she mentioned they love theirs with potatoes. I just kept adding other things for more color and this dish evolved. I posted a pic on Instagram and had several requests for the recipe so I wanted to go ahead and post it here! Several of y’all commented on how you grow your own herbs! I’m so inspired! 

Do you grow herbs? Feel free to comment below about your favorites and your favorite techniques for growing them too! Or shoot me an email in the “Contact” section of our site with your tips and favorite recipes! 

Serves 4-6 adults

8 medium potatoes, washed & scrubbed

2 cups baby carrots

1 onion, peeled & sliced

1/2 lemon, washed & sliced

3 T. garlic, minced

fresh rosemary

fresh thyme

olive oil 

water

salt & pepper

Add potatoes, carrots & onions to casserole dish. Add a little water to the pan and drizzle with olive oil. Lay lemon slices on top and sprinkle with herbs and minced garlic. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 1 hour, or until potatoes are soft. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve potatoes with the cooked veggies, grated cheese, sour cream and whatever else you like on top of your baked potatoes (we love jalapeños and hot sauce too!). 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Guess her new “friend” is a neighbor.

I’m surprised anyone any brand new neighborhood like that has had time to  i’m surprised anyone any brand new neighborhood like that has had time to plant an herb garden. She must grow them in pots. I agree that it is a neighbor not some kind of friend. Jill has no friends.

• Love 4