Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, sixlets said:

We own a 3-story townhouse with 3BR/1BA.  Our dining room table with a traditional leaf that can be as needed.  If we put that table under our light fixture, nobody would be able to go into the kitchen, as that door separate the dining room & kitchen is quite narrow.  We will use that table for a family gathering to put food down to do a spread, but we don't eat at ti.  My inlaws have the same problem.  They would lose living room arrangements if they put that dining room table under their light fixture.  

In this case, it isn't a new house.  It's the people living in them.  The only thing that Derick can win at is sucking the life of everyone he comes in contact with.  Including his own children.  

Emotional vampire.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, sixlets said:

In this case, it isn't a new house.  It's the people living in them.  The only thing that Derick can win at is sucking the life of everyone he comes in contact with.  Including his own children.  

There are so many things to pick on with these two, that I can't get worked up over the location of a table.  She has two small children.  They tend to run and space is a good thing.  I did the same thing in college with a large table and that was so my dogs could have more room to run.  I can't ding her on this.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

We own a 3-story townhouse with 3BR/1BA.  Our dining room table with a traditional leaf that can be as needed.  If we put that table under our light fixture, nobody would be able to go into the kitchen, as that door separate the dining room & kitchen is quite narrow.  We will use that table for a family gathering to put food down to do a spread, but we don't eat at ti.  My inlaws have the same problem.  They would lose living room arrangements if they put that dining room table under their light fixture.  

My dining room table is, has been, and always will be against the wall.  It makes sense in my home.  You may not like it, or approve, but different strokes for different folks.  Doesn’t make  my choice “wrong.”

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Olliesmom said:

My dining room table is, has been, and always will be against the wall.  It makes sense in my home.  You may not like it, or approve, but different strokes for different folks.  Doesn’t make  my choice “wrong.”

Btw meant to say up front that I agree with you. 

• Love 2

Since there are no toys in the bedroom & pictures of their former living room showed shelves of toys, I think the bedroom is for sleeping and probably where naughty boys are sent. I don't have a problem with siblings sharing a room, especially when they're so young. The idea that every child had to have his/her own room is a very recent one. When I was young it wasn't unusual for siblings to share a bed, too.

• Love 18
6 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Interpretive Dance

Yesterday afternoon the one guy did some insulation work around the front door. He said whoever put the door in did not do it right. Which should be a lesson for Deredick and the rest of the clan. Watching someone do a job because you are too cheap to pay for someone to do it right the first time, and thinking you can do it after watching someone else do it is not a good idea. My husband did put in the storm door, and he did it the right way. I could picture Deredick and Jill attempting to fix things around the house and not doing it right.

I don't like to defend Jill and Derelict, but I don't see anything wrong about having the table against the wall.  It may be the best use of the space; it doesn't look  particularly roomy and the table may get in the way of the best traffic pattern.  Also, it's fine for the boys to share a room.

• Love 13
On 4/28/2019 at 8:20 AM, BigBingerBro said:

I remember when I was a kid my mother would often rearrange furniture just to break monotony and/or freshen the place up.  My father was super-cheap so we rarely got new furniture.  I always suggested putting the dining table up against the wall, just because i thought it was different, but it also opened up some floor space and made the room appear bigger.  My mother flat-out refused to have the table up against a wall.  I now can understand why.  I wonder if J&D feel that is provides for more open space in the room?   

Also, my brother and I had to share a room our entire childhood into the teen years even though we had an extra bedroom.  That room was reserved for the 1-3 guests we had visit each year.  It eventually turned into my dad's "den".  It was basically a man-cave that allowed him to watch whatever he wanted on TV.   I have a feeling the extra bedroom will be Derralict's office/study room.

Also helps avoid traffic patterns getting too set and dust settling behind large furniture.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

I don't like to defend Jill and Derelict, but I don't see anything wrong about having the table against the wall.  It may be the best use of the space; it doesn't look  particularly roomy and the table may get in the way of the best traffic pattern.  Also, it's fine for the boys to share a room.

Yes I agree. It bugs me that Sammy is sitting so far away from anyone by the window. 

• Love 7

Since Dillweed is so busy studying for upcoming finals right now, anyone want to guess how he will be spending his summer break? Working? Going to Silver Dollar City? Unpacking? I’m guessing he will be too overwhelmed from all his studies that he won’t be doing anything productive. Besthubbyevah!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Since Dillweed is so busy studying for upcoming finals right now, anyone want to guess how he will be spending his summer break? Working? Going to Silver Dollar City? Unpacking? I’m guessing he will be too overwhelmed from all his studies that he won’t be doing anything productive. Besthubbyevah!

You forgot posting on social media.

Hopefully he's looking at an internship to help him actually get a career going or at else at least some kind of paid employment.

Yeah, I know this is Derick so he'll probably take Jill and the kids to DC to protest something or head out of state to go "soul winning" to already Christians.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Yes I agree. It bugs me that Sammy is sitting so far away from anyone by the window. 

I agree with that.  The kids are afterthoughts.

• Love 3

I just had a thought...  maybe Jill and Derrick sit next to one another because they can’t stand looking at each other!

Also, if the chair in the boys bedroom is located directly under (or very near) the window, Sammy May be able to finally escape. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Hopefully he's looking at an internship to help him actually get a career going or at else at least some kind of paid employment.

Yeah, I know this is Derick so he'll probably take Jill and the kids to DC to protest something or head out of state to go "soul winning" to already Christians.

I'm thinking there are some very religious lawyers out there for him to intern with.  His public beefs with TLC & Jaz aren't necessarily seen as negative by the type of lawyer he wants to be. 

Some of the serious conservatives would probably love to have a clerk that could ferret out all the ungodliness and abominations being perpetrated by the heathens looking to sue their righteous brethren.   Deertick is vicious enough to be that ferret.  He's just a tool, in so many ways.  

• Love 12
On 4/27/2019 at 12:25 AM, OpieTaylor said:

If this is true, then Jill may actually end up having a decent life - 2 kids and if Dreck ends up making a good living as a lawyer. She may be pretty comfortable financially and have some time and money to “find herself “

I highly doubt Jill wants to find herself, her only goal in life (thanks to her parents brainwashing) is to have lots of babies for Jesus.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:40 AM, JoanArc said:

Michelle mentioned being offered one a few times, and the Declining every time. 

I wonder if Michelle was offered a hysterectomy a few times because the drs/nurses could see she was a total nutter.

On 4/28/2019 at 4:16 PM, bigskygirl said:

I seriously doubt Deredick does get a lot of peace and quiet to study. Jill probably knocks on the door because she cannot be away from him for five seconds.

I am surprise she is not whining about the big move and not having any siblings around to help her.

It’s sad that her siblings hasn’t helped her move, We’d know if they did because she would’ve posted it all over social media.

On 4/29/2019 at 2:03 PM, Barb23 said:

And the leghumpers say it is none of our business to question how they were able to afford the new house.  

It was God obviously no other explanation is needed 😉

• Love 3
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

I'm thinking there are some very religious lawyers out there for him to intern with.  His public beefs with TLC & Jaz aren't necessarily seen as negative by the type of lawyer he wants to be. 

Some of the serious conservatives would probably love to have a clerk that could ferret out all the ungodliness and abominations being perpetrated by the heathens looking to sue their righteous brethren.   Deertick is vicious enough to be that ferret.  He's just a tool, in so many ways.  

First of all the name Deertick quacks me up. Second ferrets and tools can be useful in some cases. Deertick is certainly not useful.

1 hour ago, Puffin said:

I highly doubt Jill wants to find herself, her only goal in life (thanks to her parents brainwashing) is to have lots of babies for Jesus.

I wonder if Michelle was offered a hysterectomy a few times because the drs/nurses could see she was a total nutter.

It’s sad that her siblings hasn’t helped her move, We’d know if they did because she would’ve posted it all over social media.

I do not think it is sad her siblings did not help her move. She is suppose to be responsible for herself and her children. Her siblings do not owe her anything. I bet if the situation was reverse, she would not want to help one of her siblings move.

And I wish God would hit one of the them with lightning or with a two by four. God has been sending them messages for a long time, but neither one of them is bright enough to figure it out.

2 hours ago, Puffin said:

Re: Michelle It's less likely that they would do a hysterectomy and more likely they would do some sort of tubal ligation. It's often offered to women with large numbers of children, especially if there are health concerns. (By the time, there are double digits, it's almost a given there are health concerns.)Michelle's history of pre-eclampsia would make it more like likely. It's particularly offered if the woman is having a c-section. 

As for Jill's siblings helping with the move, they may have been busy that weekend. A lot of them were at Big Sandy, which was this weekend.  Anyway moving's a process, and she may have more help this week settling in. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3

Check-in for Big Sandy was yesterday afternoon. The Duggars likely left Sunday night. Plenty of time to have helped Jill move all the way up through Saturday. It's not like the Howlers pack for themselves, if Duggar history holds true. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Check-in for Big Sandy was yesterday afternoon. The Duggars likely left Sunday night. Plenty of time to have helped Jill move all the way up through Saturday. It's not like the Howlers pack for themselves, if Duggar history holds true. 

Oh heck, it’s not like the Howlers have anything else to do!

• Love 6

I predict Jill is going to do homeschooling at the dinner table, and that’s why it’s pushed against the wall - she’s going to put a bunch of school crap all over the wall for them to look at, etc. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Table placement  aside, one of many things I love about my sister and SIL, is they taught my nephews to eat at the table.  Not wherever and whenever.  

So, the Dullards get one gold star for proper use of a dining table.  That said, carry on snarking!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Puffin said:

If Michelle was ever told to have a hysterectomy for any reason whatsoever, we'd have heard about it as she and JB would have to brag to the world how they refused to stop the baby train despite the doctors' recommendations and risk to her life.  Pretending they would court death for Jesus is part of their schtick.

I have also found that suggesting things like birth control to folks who seem a couple sandwiches short of a picnic doesn't seem to work.  If anything, they'll refuse to do it just on principal.  I doubt anyone ever suggested a hyst to Michelle, but I am sure someone at the University of Arkansas discussed the risk to her life, the risk to the baby  and told Michelle it would be best not to have more kids.  And, as we know. Michelle ignored that in hopes of having #20 and being able to brag about the special miracle God gave her when the heathen doctors told her otherwise.  Worked out just as expected, too.

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

If Michelle was ever told to have a hysterectomy for any reason whatsoever, we'd have heard about it as she and JB would have to brag to the world how they refused to stop the baby train despite the doctors' recommendations and risk to her life.  Pretending they would court death for Jesus is part of their schtick.

I have also found that suggesting things like birth control to folks who seem a couple sandwiches short of a picnic doesn't seem to work.  If anything, they'll refuse to do it just on principal.  I doubt anyone ever suggested a hyst to Michelle, but I am sure someone at the University of Arkansas discussed the risk to her life, the risk to the baby  and told Michelle it would be best not to have more kids.  And, as we know. Michelle ignored that in hopes of having #20 and being able to brag about the special miracle God gave her when the heathen doctors told her otherwise.  Worked out just as expected, too.

You have just describe the Duggars in a nutshell so to speak. Michelle thinks she is so special because she kept having babies after being told what the risks were. Got to build God's Army don't ya know.

3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I predict Jill is going to do homeschooling at the dinner table, and that’s why it’s pushed against the wall - she’s going to put a bunch of school crap all over the wall for them to look at, etc. 

Don’t forget pictures of ma and pa kissing or Jill and D kissing. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Don’t forget pictures of ma and pa kissing or Jill and D kissing. 

Handing out the extra strength brain bleach to everyone who needs it. Why would you put up a picture of your parents kissing? Why not put up a picture of JB dry humping Michelle at the golf course instead. Talk about klassy with a capital k.

I don't mind the room sharing in general, but it gives me the creepy feeling that they are getting an early start on the boys' and girls' dorms. It makes me think that if they had 8 boys, they would all be crammed in that room. Maybe I'm wrong, and they are sharing for another reason. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I've been scarce because we moved too! We spent last week driving 4 days straight with 3 kids and a dog. Currently in our new home. Spent the last couple of days putting away our meager belongings. All we have for the moment is what we could carry in our van and truck. God only knows when we'll get our stuff delivered. We've rented furniture, including a living room set, TV, kitchen table and chairs, and beds for everyone. Sorry, no pics of me making stupid faces, or my children stuffed into one room. 

Derelict looks creepy in the pic of him at the table. Poor Sam. He's all alone over in the corner. Smh. 

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Sam is a doll. Derick is the stuff of nightmares. His teeth look like they're trying to flee from his face.

Can you blame his teeth for wanting to flee? 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Looking at the back of that awful, messy moving truck, I get the feeling her family did help.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I don't mind the room sharing in general, but it gives me the creepy feeling that they are getting an early start on the boys' and girls' dorms. It makes me think that if they had 8 boys, they would all be crammed in that room. Maybe I'm wrong, and they are sharing for another reason. 

While I agree that Jill would see nothing wrong in cramming seven or eight kids in one bedroom, I suspect that the boys are together in one bedroom because Derick has commandeered the third bedroom as his private space, where he can use "studying for law school" as his excuse for avoiding his family. I'll bet he has a lock on the door to keep Jill and the boys from pestering him and a couch where he can conveniently fall asleep. Jill. of course, would never put that on Instagram because that would be admitting that he doesn't enjoy having her clinging to him like a barnacle 24/7.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Freaky looking creep. *shudder*

Is Derrick really wearing $100-$150 airpods in this photo?  With no job, two kids, moving costs, school debt?  Hope they were a gift - I'm sure if he's really studying blocking out noise is helpful but you can get wired buds for $5.  On the other hand their favorite store Walmart sells a generic bluetooth version for about $25 so you never know.  Still I wouldn't put it past him to put his needs wants first based on how he's acted in the past so if they are the real thing and he told Jill he needs them and he's buying them no arguments I wouldn't be at all surprised.

• Love 18
9 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I've been scarce because we moved too! We spent last week driving 4 days straight with 3 kids and a dog. Currently in our new home. Spent the last couple of days putting away our meager belongings. All we have for the moment is what we could carry in our van and truck. God only knows when we'll get our stuff delivered. We've rented furniture, including a living room set, TV, kitchen table and chairs, and beds for everyone. Sorry, no pics of me making stupid faces, or my children stuffed into one room. 

Derelict looks creepy in the pic of him at the table. Poor Sam. He's all alone over in the corner. Smh. 

Did you have family helping you? Last week we had so much fun moving things around for the workers and going through things to keep or get rid of for the house repairs. I did not want any help from my family or the in-laws. They would have drove me nuts to the point the poor workers would have ask for a drink or threaten to quit, and I would have ask for more caffeine and chocolate and to keep me away from any sharp objects.

Deredick does look more creepy with each passing days. He along with JD, and Smugs remind me of the creepy stalkers from a bad Lifetime movie. Jeremy reminds me of a guy who tries to charm women in order to kill them serial killer, or a trying to be a smooth talking new guy running for office.

Do people really pay $150 for airpods?  I'd lose them on my way to check the mail.  Give me some nice foam cushioned headphones that are connected to my MP3 every time.  Do they even make MP3's anymore?

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Did you have family helping you? 

Since we're military, we had TMO pack and move our stuff. We did pack our stuff that we have with us, but the rest, was packed by them. The downside (one of several) is that our stuff won't be delivered til God only knows when. So far, it's the middle of May.  🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Freaky looking creep. *shudder*

What is it with the Duggars & their ilk having to show us their teeth? There's John David & his cheesy grin & now Deretick (love the name.)  Please pass the brain bleach!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Since we're military, we had TMO pack and move our stuff. We did pack our stuff that we have with us, but the rest, was packed by them. The downside (one of several) is that our stuff won't be delivered til God only knows when. So far, it's the middle of May.  🙄

Reminds me of the show Major Dad when they moved across the country, and it took forever for their stuff to arrive. Good luck with everything. Just be glad the Duggars were not around to help you.

7 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

How long is Derick going to wear those braces? Are they ever coming off?

Has it been at least four years? Is he seeing an orthodontist? I bet he is not taking care of his teeth and braces like he is suppose to. Maybe God is telling him something by keeping his braces on for a long time.

We used movers when it was work related and paid by the government. Sorry, tax payers! Anyway, they packed the small basket I had for dryer lint, lint and all! I was removing United stickers forever.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I don’t know why Derick bothers posting anything. Most times the people replying argue with each other, and maybe 2% of the replies are what Derick would consider positive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3