Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

She could easily just trim her hair to breast level and it would look a thousand times better.  The bottom foot or so of that mop is just heinous.

It’s weird that insanely long hair is the one thing she’s still holding on to. She’s wearing pants/shorts. They are more ultra conservative than fundie at this point. Go to a modern church, listen to modern Christian music, watch an occasional secular movie/TV show, etc. 

But apparently cutting her hair is a step to far?? I don’t really get why she just doesn’t cut a foot off. It would still be very long, it would be easier to care for. I just don’t get it. 

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jeeves, I think Jill is wearing her distressed jeans from citrus and lemon. Actually, my first impression was all of the women are wearing citrus and lemon tops, but I guess I just don't like most fashionable tops these days.

Okay. It's just that whatever it is, fits very tight at the ankle and in the pic you can see something flaring and lighter in color at the knee. Jeans is better than jeans skirt plus leggings.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

BD71C8CA-BA23-4E2A-8EA1-C6BBBAA4902D.jpeg

Looks like one of the sweaters she got at 3130 from Cousin Amy. Why it’s so big, I don’t know but not flattering. It is nice to see the Dullards with friends. And not referring to them as sweet friends.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Okay. It's just that whatever it is, fits very tight at the ankle and in the pic you can see something flaring and lighter in color at the knee. Jeans is better than jeans skirt plus leggings.

It's just the jeans with the "fashionable" tear across the knee. She wears them in one of her modeling pictures.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Readalot said:

I don’t know if anyone on the group is tagged but I wonder if they mind their picture blasted to millions of strangers. 

I see choosing to pose for a picture as a tacit approval.  These are young Americans who all have their own social media presence, they know the risk.  

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Looks like one of the sweaters she got at 3130 from Cousin Amy. Why it’s so big, I don’t know but not flattering. It is nice to see the Dullards with friends. And not referring to them as sweet friends.

They aren’t sweet friends since they didn’t come over and do something for them for free 

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

It’s weird that insanely long hair is the one thing she’s still holding on to. She’s wearing pants/shorts. They are more ultra conservative than fundie at this point. Go to a modern church, listen to modern Christian music, watch an occasional secular movie/TV show, etc. 

But apparently cutting her hair is a step to far?? I don’t really get why she just doesn’t cut a foot off. It would still be very long, it would be easier to care for. I just don’t get it. 

Jill always features her hair front and center. I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's proud of it and thinks it looks great. She probably thinks other people are envious of her.

Edited by lulu69
She's proud, not he
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, dariafan said:

They aren’t sweet friends since they didn’t come over and do something for them for free 

Maybe Jill will be better than her parents about this. So far she doesn't seem to display MEchell's world class Queen Bee level of entitlement that everyone is there to serve her. There's a sweet side to Jill's nature and I hope it survives.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Jill always features her hair front and center. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's proud of it and thinks it looks great. She probably thinks other people are envious of her.

I think this is accurate.  Her hair is so long that she probably gets many comments on it and considers them to be compliments.  Maybe Derdick loves the length of it and she wants to please her "headship".  

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Jill always features her hair front and center. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's proud of it and thinks it looks great. She probably thinks other people are envious of her.

Comments on her Instagram always bring up why she doesn't cut her hair, shorten it and put in layers.  She has responded saying she loves her long hair (and we should too)!  She implied that she would never cut it shorter.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Jill always features her hair front and center. I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's proud of it and thinks it looks great. She probably thinks other people are envious of her.

She did show us brushing her mop, I mean mane 

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill is repeating pictures. I guess she’s still working on her new blog post.

A5A5FD88-9F3D-450A-9F55-D9578A3FE911.jpeg

Considering how big her bun is and the fact that she doesn’t ever want to cut her hair...when she’s 70 the bun will be bigger than her head. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I know a couple of older women with long grey/white hair that they keep in a braid. I don't fault Jill for not cutting it, if it's something she likes. Even if Derick likes it long, I doubt he would complain if she trimmed 12-18 inches to get rid of split and snaggly ends, so I'm sure she's keeping it long because she thinks it looks good. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I know a couple of older women with long grey/white hair that they keep in a braid. I don't fault Jill for not cutting it, if it's something she likes. Even if Derick likes it long, I doubt he would complain if she trimmed 12-18 inches to get rid of split and snaggly ends, so I'm sure she's keeping it long because she thinks it looks good. 

She considers it an accomplishment.  She can grow hair.  She really doesn't have much else

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick posted about this foundation, “So grateful for this family and their foundation!  They helped me graduate with my accounting degree debt free!”

7075FCA9-EC6F-4C6A-A57A-4B75F8F5985D.jpeg

What lame-ass advice!  "Do your best" ? Really! Who could have thought of such a thing?

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Suzn said:

She considers it an accomplishment.  She can grow hair.  She really doesn't have much else. 

And look at her role model for all things womanly.  I bet Jill thinks Mechelle’s hair is gorgeous.  She probably wishes she could achieve that ‘dead squirrel on my head’ look that her mother sports.  Jill does things just a little differently which extends to her notions as to what constitutes an attractive hair style.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She posted the pic again in a stand-alone tribute to #besthubbyever.

How many days am I "at", Jill? That would be 15,256 days....so quit trying to tell me anything about marriage.  I'm not impressed that you are "still in love" - not at all!

• Love 13

10,770 days Jill.

I will never understand the kissing pictures. Almost looks like she's leaning back as to get away..lol In those 1,934 days, they still don't know how to kiss. Also Jill, your hair is gross and the fact you can't see that in the mirror, states how little control you have...

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, Madtown said:

10,770 days Jill.

I will never understand the kissing pictures. Almost looks like she's leaning back as to get away..lol In those 1,934 days, they still don't know how to kiss. Also Jill, your hair is gross and the fact you can't see that in the mirror, states how little control you have...

Times 1,000.  Jill can't see how bad she looks.  Jill can't see that they demonstrate a complete lack of passion.  She can tell us that they are hot for each other many times a week, but I'll never believe it.

But, Jill, you can have pride in your major accomplishment.  You grew hair. Yay!

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

Good grief, Jill is like those moms who say their kid is 42 months old. They’re 3 and a half, Brenda!

I don’t have the cares to give to calculate how many days we’ve been together so I’ll just hashtag my post #boningsince1999

Congratulations on your 20 year anniversary.  

4 minutes ago, Nysha said:

You can tell Derick was gone and Mimi was there because Israel is relaxed and doesn't have his normal anxious fake smile.

How does grandma not see what an ass her son is?  It seems a good thing for Izzy to have grandma in his corner.  Perhaps she's trying to grandparent Iz to atone for her a-hole son turning out the way he did.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

69E01210-C83C-412C-8089-C411F4212388.jpeg

The chocolate bar on the back of the stroller has a message on it.  "Monday's Reward".  Jill must have done something Derick liked while playing their sexy games.  Instead of Skittles, she won Hershey's!

• LOL 13
3 minutes ago, louannems said:

The chocolate bar on the back of the stroller has a message on it.  "Monday's Reward".  Jill must have done something Derick liked while playing their sexy games.  Instead of Skittles, she won Hershey's!

I think it says “Monday’s require extra chocolate”.  You know, like extra wine.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

I don't think her comment was a dig at working moms. It's her reality. My sister is a SAHM and I work and I think that SAHMs get a bad rap. Yes they may have time to post "carefully curated" pictures, but they also have the kids ALL DAY. When my sister's husband gets home, do you think he takes over kid duty? Of course not, she's still "mom on the spot". She essentially has a 14hr work day. The only rest she has is when the kids are sleep. 

As for Jill, i'm glad that she seems to have a real group of friends. As fun as Jinger's life seems, I don't see her with a group of people just hanging out and chilling. In that aspect, Jill has her beat. Even if they have a different belief system than I do, I imagine they still talk about random and silly stuff. I'm glad one of the Duggar women is at least getting a small sample of normality. 

Edited by Tasya
  • Love 23

First of all, 14,312 days for me.  And guess what? despite the fact that I have been married almost 8 times longer than Jill, I would never presume to offer unsolicited marriage advice to anyone.  Marriage is not a one size fits all institution.  What works for one couple may not work for another.

The same can be said for working moms vs SAHMs.  

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

I don't think her comment was a dig at working moms. It's her reality. My sister is a SAHM and I work and I think that SAHMs get a bad rap. Yes they may have time to post "carefully curated" pictures, but they also have the kids ALL DAY. When my sister's husband gets home, do you think he takes over kid duty? Of course not, she's still "mom on the spot". She essentially has a 14hr work day. The only rest she has is when the kids are sleep. 

That's a husband problem that SHE has control over.  And children are easier to manage than adult co-workers.  You can rarely insist they take a nap.  

If she's playing the mommy martyr that it's all her, all the time, and not insisting he step up in co-parenting, then that's on her.  

Jill has huge amounts of time to do exactly what she wants.  Those comparisons don't apply to her. 

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

That's a husband problem that SHE has control over.  And children are easier to manage than adult co-workers.  You can rarely insist they take a nap.  

If she's playing the mommy martyr that it's all her, all the time, and not insisting he step up in co-parenting, then that's on her.  

Jill has huge amounts of time to do exactly what she wants.  Those comparisons don't apply to her. 

The bolded is the only part I agree with.

All types of parenting has its challenges. However the mom in me is laughing at the idea that children, especially small children. are easier to manage than adult co workers. LOL! I am in the thick of toddler life right now. babies are much easier and I hope older kids are too haha 

That being said, Jill doesn't do herself any favors in the SAHM dept. She needs to find a mothers day out program for sam, a pre school for Izzy. Or at the very least some mommy and me classes! The park districts are full of them. We go to 4 mom and me classes a week. They get us out of the house and provide some structured entertainment for an hour. 

She should find a gym with childcare if they can afford it. I LIVE for my gym childcare. I get 2 hours a day. It is fantastic and my daughter loves it. I'm totally guilty of going when I don't even want to work out. One time I just sat outside on the pool patio and read a book, lol. for 115 dollars a month I get my membership and 14 hours of childcare a week. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 17
On 10/4/2019 at 10:57 PM, JoanArc said:

No. Numerous posts on reddit from other students at the school. There's a lunch thief running amok, stealing things, tossing lunch boxes wherever. Guess it wasn't Der doing it.

Have the Howlers been to visit the school?

On 10/5/2019 at 2:20 PM, Higgins said:

I had the Shaun Cassidy lunchbox. Well actually, it was The Hardy Boys but I only had eyes for Shaun.

Shaun was the only reason to watch Hardy Boys.  MAN was I bummed when it was a Nancy Drew week.  I was there for Shaun!

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 10/6/2019 at 7:45 AM, Barb23 said:

I also had a black patent leather Barbie lunchbox circa 1968 & recently came across it while cleaning out my mom's house. Maybe I could send it to Dreck as a replacement for his stolen one.  

I'm glad that Grandma D got to go with them to the pumpkin farm. I remember  her going in past years so maybe this has become a nice family tradition.  

Hope Izzy is watching pumpkin carving YouTube videos to brush up on his skills. 

AWESOME!  

• Love 4