Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5E5A7296-1DC9-49A9-9071-83CF01B18E52.jpeg

0B4FEDEA-56CF-440C-97B3-37F63FE3CA10.jpeg

jillmdillard

Congrats @jessaseewald and @ben_seewald on little Ivy Jane! 💕Love her so much and love the name! Such a little doll! 🤗

For some reason, Derick always annoys me when he wears that shirt, like he's posing as a football coach or something to compensate for being so wimpy. I guess I associate those slick polo team shirts with coaches, and I'm not used to seeing them on people who aren't athletic. Most people I know who wear similar styles are former athlete / coach wannabe types, while non athletic people usually wear team t-shirts. I don't think it would look funny to me if we didn't know the extent of Derick's un-athleticism, hahahaha! It's a weird thing to annoy you, but it always makes me laugh when Derick wears that shirt, because to me, it highlights how skinny he is, and makes it look like he wants to masquerade as a football coach or something. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

For some reason, Derick always annoys me when he wears that shirt, like he's posing as a football coach or something to compensate for being so wimpy. I guess I associate those slick polo team shirts with coaches, and I'm not used to seeing them on people who aren't athletic. Most people I know who wear similar styles are former athlete / coach wannabe types, while non athletic people usually wear team t-shirts. I don't think it would look funny to me if we didn't know the extent of Derick's un-athleticism, hahahaha! It's a weird thing to annoy you, but it always makes me laugh when Derick wears that shirt, because to me, it highlights how skinny he is, and makes it look like he wants to masquerade as a football coach or something. 

He did run/finish a marathon, so there is that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Most people I know who wear similar styles are former athlete / coach wannabe types, while non athletic people usually wear team t-shirts.

Most people I know who wear shirts like that are people who can’t get away with wearing a t-shirt at work, and I doubt that applies to him either ...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, McManda said:

The only way I see it not being the orthodontist's fault is if Derick actively went against home care recommendations. While I think Derick isn't the brightest bulb in the box, I don't think he either knows enough about orthodontia or wants to actively screw up his face, so I legitimately have to question the doctor, too.

IMO, disregarding home care directions does not get you to the point where Derick is at. He went from normal to scary in a very short amount of time and if I were him I'd be looking for a second (or third or fourth) opinion. 

He does not seem to be the type who has good hygiene habits. He probably did not push for Jill to get proper health care while she was pregnant, so yes, I can see how he might not follow his orthodontist's home care instructions. The doctor can only do so much if the patient does not listen or thinks he knows more than the oral surgeon and orthodontist does. I also bet he was not getting oral dental care when he was in Danger America either. Neither Deredick or Jill have common sense when it comes to proper health care and maintenance.

I know we discussed this before but didn't they go to Danger America soon after his surgery?  I'm  sure that played a part in him not having proper follow up care even tho I'm sure Danger Amer has plenty of qualified doctors. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The doctor can only do so much if the patient does not listen or thinks he knows more than the oral surgeon and orthodontist does. I also bet he was not getting oral dental care when he was in Danger America either. Neither Deredick or Jill have common sense when it comes to proper health care and maintenance.

I agree, but I also think a physical outcome like Derrick's is more than just inaction in regards to person health care, especially in an elective situation. It just doesn't make sense that he would choose to fix whatever issue he had with his jaw and then completely go contrary with the aftercare. Something else happened. 

I'm not defending him or saying he didn't contribute to where he is. But I just don't think he got there by himself in regards to the medical issues he might be having.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

She has two healthy sons and will probably have more children. I don't feel sorry for Jill. 

I meant that sarcastically.

No one feels sorry for Jill with two healthy children. Except Jill. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, McManda said:

I agree, but I also think a physical outcome like Derrick's is more than just inaction in regards to person health care, especially in an elective situation. It just doesn't make sense that he would choose to fix whatever issue he had with his jaw and then completely go contrary with the aftercare. Something else happened. 

I'm not defending him or saying he didn't contribute to where he is. But I just don't think he got there by himself in regards to the medical issues he might be having.

I certainly agree the medical establishment can be no help when it comes to your healthcare needs especially since I have been dealing with multiple health care issues due to mistakes made by one quack, but I do not think the oral surgeon and orthodontist should be taking all the blame in Deredick's case.

He is probably under a lot of stress and in an unhappy marriage which can lead to poor health, and I would not be surprised if he grinds his teeth which obviously would not help his teeth or jaw out. I also wonder how he is paying for any of his dental and oral care because I bet he does not have decent health insurance.

32 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Her crows feet are very pronounced.   Worse than mine and I’m.  Let’s just say much older 

Her eye crows and forehead lines are much deeper than mine and I'm almost 62.

• Love 10

On a lighter note, Jill posted an Instagram story asking for suggestions on how to remove Sharpie from linoleum floors.  Looks like one of the boys got busy.  I think she needs to hide those markers.  

I know kids will be kids, and they are still little (I think it was Sam), but if any of my kids had done that in a new house I would have been livid.

She updated that she tried a Magic Eraser and it helped but there was still a faint mark.  I wonder if it damaged the finish of the floor.  I would have tried Goo Gone.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

On a lighter note, Jill posted an Instagram story asking for suggestions on how to remove Sharpie from linoleum floors.

Why wouldn't someone just Google this?  

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I love the snark, but sometimes these threads are the ultimate game of "Telephone".  Someone makes a statement based on no actual knowledge and a couple of posts later it has become a "fact".  A few hundred posts later it's part of our archival knowledge base that people just assume is true.

Exactly !

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

She updated that she tried a Magic Eraser and it helped but there was still a faint mark.  I wonder if it damaged the finish of the floor.  I would have tried Goo Gone.  

Hairspray.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Acetone?  I do know marker stains on any kind of vinyl are a bitch to remove.

Jill's home all day...that house should be majorly kid-proofed by now.  I never thought about hits on her site being a motivator for her posts.  Shows I'm old and out of touch.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Acetone?  I do know marker stains on any kind of vinyl are a bitch to remove.

Jill's home all day...that house should be majorly kid-proofed by now.  I never thought about hits on her site being a motivator for her posts.  Shows I'm old and out of touch.

In order for Jill to monetize her Instagram she has to have engagement.   I wouldn't be surprised if Jill directed the boys to ruin her brand new house in order to post.  It would never cross Jill's mind to fake this stuff for her #boymom posts. 

• Love 2

Looks like they got kitchen chairs.

Samuel is sneaking off in one picture. 

1DAFDF97-9503-4617-A35D-BE64C8E2C7B2.jpeg

4431B040-7770-4EEA-B2CA-82B96B90812C.jpeg

jillmdillard

Love my new dress and shoes from @3130clothing #partner 🌸🤗 My cousin’s shop has such cute stuff! Thanks Amy (& Dillon)! ❤️ Swipe up in my story or visit www.shop3130.com to shop now! 🛍

Once again, great staging, Jill. 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

You know all the talk earlier on about a cropped photo in which she might look pregnant?

This dress does not make her look not pregnant. I'm not saying it makes her look pregnant...but it doesn't make her look not pregnant.

If that makes sense.

• Love 8
(edited)

That dress is too big. She probably feels pretty daring with the sheer sleeves, though.

The kitchen island you can see in the background has non-kitchen shit all over it (I see a plant, a sign of some sort). Jessa does this, too. I need every inch of my kitchen counters for actual food prep. It gets on my last nerve for some reason to see so much crap all over the Duggar counters.

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Looks like they got kitchen chairs.

Samuel is sneaking off in one picture. 

1DAFDF97-9503-4617-A35D-BE64C8E2C7B2.jpeg

4431B040-7770-4EEA-B2CA-82B96B90812C.jpeg

jillmdillard

Love my new dress and shoes from @3130clothing #partner 🌸🤗 My cousin’s shop has such cute stuff! Thanks Amy (& Dillon)! ❤️ Swipe up in my story or visit www.shop3130.com to shop now! 🛍

Once again, great staging, Jill. 🤦‍♀️

The best part of the second picture is Sam trying to escape.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I need every inch of my kitchen counters for actual food prep. It gets on my last nerve for some reason to see so much crap all over the Duggar counters.

I keep muttering not my circus not my monkeys.  If she's happy living like that, then not my problem.  That's just me.  I'm more worried about what she's doing to Israel and Sam and not doing with them that she should be. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, McManda said:

Maybe he got a malpractice payoff, and they're living high on that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Maybe he got a malpractice payoff, and they're living high on that.

I think it would have been in the news or at least a tabloid magazine if he won a malpractice lawsuit.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think it would have been in the news or at least a tabloid magazine if he won a malpractice lawsuit.

Can't you settle out of court privately?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I thought it was a nightgown at first.

I did too!  It's too baggy.  Birkenstocks don't flatter it, either.

That scraggly hair is gross.  I had waist-length hair in my 20's, but never did it get wispy like that on the ends. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I thought it was a nightgown at first.

Oh gosh, me too, or a smock.  I colored my hair this morning and have a cheapie think I use just for that.  It is the exact shape of her "dress".

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

AFAIK, the idea that Cathy got some huge payout from her first husband's life insurance is made up out of thin air.  Derick's dad was an average guy, and a small town police officer would make a decent but not great salary.  If he was a responsible husband and father I'm sure there was some life insurance but it was probably in the $50K-$100K range (total speculation on my part).  He did not die in the line of duty and again, small town police department, so there might not have been anything more from them in any case. 

If Cathy has any money to support Derick, it's most likely her own from Walmart (where she was a high-level executive) or her CPA firm.  (Again total speculation on my part but more likely than any other scenario.) 

Wasn't Rick a cop in Rogers? Rogers isn't a huge city, but it's not a small town. When he died back in 2008, it probably had about 50,000 people there. I don't think he necessarily was rolling in benefits, but I am sure that he had better benefits than law enforcement gets in my rural county nearby. In fact, Rogers P.D. makes about double in income what our local sheriff deputies do. So, yeah, I don't think they got something they are still living on, especially with the way they've been living without apparent work, but I don't think a $250,000 insurance policy would have been surprising. 

Cathy probably made damn good money at Wal-Mart, to be honest, and very likely made more money than her husband. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Rick's life insurance was probably all about how much he signed up for.  A basic policy is usually covered with additional benefits for the employee paying extra for them.  There really is no way to know.  I doubt the basic policy was $250K all those years ago when he joined.

• Love 1
(edited)

@Absolom that's very true. I have no way of knowing what his insurance was, but I really do think his benefits were better than people are assuming simply because it's not like he was law enforcement in some tiny little town in the middle of nowhere. Also, I feel like a $50,000-100,000 policy, as was suggested, seems very low for a married middle-class couple with 2 kids. 

One other thing I meant to add, most public service jobs here in Arkansas, even if they seem like they would be city, often provide county-level or state-benefits, so even if he had been in a small-town or was technically a Rogers city employee, the benefits might have been better than they would have appeared for that reason, too.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They have linoleum floors? Silly place to cut costs on a brand new build.

I think their builder uses the cheapest finishes available.  Their kitchen sink and faucet are the most basic models available.  The bathrooms had "optional windows".  Somehow I doubt Jill and Derick ponied up for any upgrades whatsoever.  

Most builders install less expensive granite in the kitchen and throw in a fancy looking faucet and lower end stainless appliances, just to attract buyers.  Evidently this company does things differently.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Being nosey and this has come up before so here are the 2018 Roger's PD benefits.  Still we don't know what Rick had back when, but it's 2 times annual earnings capped at $150K which is in line with where my father worked.

Further in 2019 the average police salary is about $49K so a $98K insurance payout in 2019 dollars.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Being nosey and this has come up before so here are the 2018 Roger's PD benefits.  Still we don't know what Rick had back when, but it's 2 times annual earnings capped at $150K which is in line with where my father worked.

Oh good--that answers our question! Thank you! And definitely confirms that Derick isn't living off his insurance money from his dad. If anything, I'd say his share easily was used up just for him when he was in college and immediately thereafter.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict says that he financed undergrad with grants and scholarships. He made no mention of family money or loans.

Interesting. I wonder if he would admit to it if he did since he has an unusual relationship with the truth. 😄 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, his story certainly falls into his (previously) debt-free mantra.

Back in the salad days when he was courting Jim Bob, I mean, Jill. 😉 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Oh my, Jill's kitchen counters are always a mess and cluttered with yes, non-kitchen JUNK. I would think she needs the counter space to actually COOK SOMETHING.

BTW, Jill that dress is too big for you. Try a smaller size and please, cut your hair. It's beyond flattering at this point. 

• Love 13
(edited)
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The dress is okay. The hair not so much.

I know some people like long hair but uh Jill really needs a hair cut, or a trim at least. I can’t deal with long hair, my hair was half way down my back until recently and I was itching for a hair cut, I got it cut on Monday to my shoulders and it feels so much better. 

2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Oh my, Jill's kitchen counters are always a mess and cluttered with yes, non-kitchen JUNK. I would think she needs the counter space to actually COOK SOMETHING.

BTW, Jill that dress is too big for you. Try a smaller size and please, cut your hair. It's beyond flattering at this point. 

Lol we know they’re not doing any cooking, all she needs is a dish and cream of whatever soup, some meat , maybe one vegetable, oh and cheese lots of cheese, and she bangs it in the oven, she probably does this at the table.

Edited by Puffin
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3