Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Remember, it'll always be JILL AND DERICK FIRST....any children are secondary to say the least. Little Izzy and Sam really don't count in their relationship. J & D first and foremost.

How awful for those little guys. They really are afterthoughts. 

I's also still annoyed at that awful dining table. Who wants to eat facing a wall? Yes, move that monstrosity UNDER THE LIGHT FIXTURE, like it was intended and FACE EACH OTHER when eating like a family. Isn't mealtime together biblical? It seems to me that Jill and Derick prefer to 'eat with each other' and feed their sons as 'add-ons'. I'm sure Derick didn't grow up like that. What is wrong with him? Has he completely deferred to the Duggar-style of family life? Doesn't he see that his wife is an overgrown 13 year old.....and remaining that way?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

If it’s the 3 bedroom, this is the floor plan:

4698A06E-C858-49A7-8108-0D5FCDB2367B.jpeg

It looks like the boys might be in bedroom 3. The chair in front of the window, dresser by the door, Izzy's bed next to the closet and Sammy's crib next to the window.

I can see keeping the boys together if they're planning more children. Maybe once Sam is out of the crib they'll get bunk beds.

Ugh, the boy's dorm.

Edited by GeeGolly
so the blueprint would show
  • Love 3

Not a Duggar in sight helping with the move. Is this move not Boob approved so not one of Jill’s buddies could be spared? Also since TLC is not filming, no decorating by Jana or Jessa, I guess if it’s not going to be on TeeVee it isn’t worthy of the Duggar’s time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

The back of the truck makes it look like they should take it all to the dump.

I thought it read they should all take a dump.

Seriously...My husband and I had to move stuff around for the great home improvement work last week, but at least our house looks better than the back of the truck did. By the time the one worker left around 5:00 p.m. on the first day, I was ready to pull my hair out because moving stuff around was driving me crazy. I could only imagine doing it Duggar style. UGH!!!

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It looks like the boys might be in bedroom 3. The chair in front of the window, dresser by the door, Izzy's bed next to the closet and Sammy's crib next to the window.

I can see keeping the boys together if they're planning more children. Maybe once Sam is out of the crib they'll get bunk beds.

Ugh, the boy's dorm.

Two little boys in one bedroom is NBD even if it gives a hint of the infamous Duggar boy's dorm. 

It would make sense that they use the third bedroom as Derick's study. That means he can close the door and read in peace, and the rest of the family doesn't have to tiptoe around him as they would if he were studying in the dining room or living room. 

But, count me among those who does not get that very odd arrangement of the dining table. Pushed up against the wall, when there appears to be plenty of space for it to be centered in the room. It's ugly, and strange.

I wonder if Jill is as deficient in any sense of how to arrange a room, as she is when it comes to fashion. She's either just mimicking the way they placed the furniture in the old place, without thinking. Or maybe there's some psychological reason for the "up against the wall" placement. Even if she wants Sam close at hand at mealtimes, to feed him, she doesn't need to shove the table against the wall to achieve that.

Of course, I can't imagine that Jill has much experience of sitting down for a meal at home with a family of four or so, as most of us have. For all their touted regimentation and organization, IMO the Duggars must have had some chaotic mealtimes. We have heard of Jill taking her meal into the bathroom to eat it, the implication being that otherwise she might not have been able to finish it. I have an image of her as a "buddy," having to tend to the younger kids at the table while leaving her food untouched. But, who knows? 

Anyway, the dining table and chairs are fugly, and strangely arranged, and somehow I find it unsettling. There's something about regularly sitting around the table, facing everyone, that seems appropriate to me. Facing the wall? Not so much.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Two little boys in one bedroom is NBD even if it gives a hint of the infamous Duggar boy's dorm. 

It would make sense that they use the third bedroom as Derick's study. That means he can close the door and read in peace, and the rest of the family doesn't have to tiptoe around him as they would if he were studying in the dining room or living room. 

But, count me among those who does not get that very odd arrangement of the dining table. Pushed up against the wall, when there appears to be plenty of space for it to be centered in the room. It's ugly, and strange.

I wonder if Jill is as deficient in any sense of how to arrange a room, as she is when it comes to fashion. She's either just mimicking the way they placed the furniture in the old place, without thinking. Or maybe there's some psychological reason for the "up against the wall" placement. Even if she wants Sam close at hand at mealtimes, to feed him, she doesn't need to shove the table against the wall to achieve that.

Of course, I can't imagine that Jill has much experience of sitting down for a meal at home with a family of four or so, as most of us have. For all their touted regimentation and organization, IMO the Duggars must have had some chaotic mealtimes. We have heard of Jill taking her meal into the bathroom to eat it, the implication being that otherwise she might not have been able to finish it. I have an image of her as a "buddy," having to tend to the younger kids at the table while leaving her food untouched. But, who knows? 

Anyway, the dining table and chairs are fugly, and strangely arranged, and somehow I find it unsettling. There's something about regularly sitting around the table, facing everyone, that seems appropriate to me. Facing the wall? Not so much.

I seriously doubt Deredick does get a lot of peace and quiet to study. Jill probably knocks on the door because she cannot be away from him for five seconds.

I am surprise she is not whining about the big move and not having any siblings around to help her.

I remember when I was a kid my mother would often rearrange furniture just to break monotony and/or freshen the place up.  My father was super-cheap so we rarely got new furniture.  I always suggested putting the dining table up against the wall, just because i thought it was different, but it also opened up some floor space and made the room appear bigger.  My mother flat-out refused to have the table up against a wall.  I now can understand why.  I wonder if J&D feel that is provides for more open space in the room?   

Also, my brother and I had to share a room our entire childhood into the teen years even though we had an extra bedroom.  That room was reserved for the 1-3 guests we had visit each year.  It eventually turned into my dad's "den".  It was basically a man-cave that allowed him to watch whatever he wanted on TV.   I have a feeling the extra bedroom will be Derralict's office/study room.

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

We’ve moved!

Apr 27, 2019 | Family Blog, Photos | 3 

We’ve been slowly transitioning to our new home in an effort to not add too much stress to the already long days with Derick heading into finals as he wraps up his 1L year at the University of Arkansas Law School. Thanks to our friend Gunner (& Brandon) helping us move the rest of our stuff, we finally have everything out of the old place and into the new! If you need help moving and you live in NW Arkansas, we highly recommend NWA Move Crew (look them up on FB)! We haven’t organized and unpacked everything yet, but look forward to making some headway in the weeks ahead! Here are some pics from our move and a few after settling in a bit. 

C5AB5CE5-302C-4435-9613-5629DE26D4E4.jpeg

174E46A0-1A95-4445-BB40-CD03F2B9E89C.jpeg

F6071D85-B3F4-40ED-BE33-ABDE5F3BD167.jpeg

18DF9D43-3115-4730-BD9E-F5D84523513F.jpeg

I can't figure out Jill's expression in the first picture. Did she just realize they can't afford the new house or is another driver ready to crash into their van? 

14 hours ago, EVS said:

I predict that, when Sam gets a little older, he will be given Izzie’s chair and Izzie will be moved to the piano stool, or whatever that is. I predict that they will never get him a proper chair, even a mismatched one. If they have any more kids, those kids will eventually get a chair but, like Brick and his lawn chair on The Middle, Izzie will be stuck using that stool until he eventually leaves home.

I love Brick's lawn chair on The Middle especially when his old one was wearing out & he wanted the family's help in choosing a new one.

I grew up with a neighbor family who had 4 kids & they had quite the array of mixed up kitchen chairs. (But they did have a very nice dining room set.) This was the late 60's & 70's & money didn't flow as freely as it does now.  We didn't think anything of it back then but nowadays I would like my only dining set to be more modern than theirs.  I'm predicting J & D will move it to the center of the room after they bump their heads on the light fixture a couple of times.  We moved our kitchen table over some to give me more room for my wheelchair & it takes getting used to ducking around the light. 

I wouldn't like the layout of the master BR being separated from the other BRs when the boys are little. I know they have monitors but I can't imagine J&D are the type of parents to keep an ear open if the boys call out for them during the night. Dillweed is probably exhausted & he's out as soon as his head hits the pillow & Jill probably doesn't care or realize she needs to listen like most mothers do. (My MIL told me  that women grow an extra set of eyes in the back of their heads & their hearing becomes better when they become a mom & I've always believed her.)

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Interesting that none of Jill's siblings helped her move.

Maybe JB did not want any of her siblings to help out due to the fact it would not be shown on the show or Deredick said no siblings allowed.

33 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Seriously. That should be one of the few perks of a zillion siblings and family “businesses” that involve heavy equipment: you should never have to hire a moving company.

• Love 18
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

39 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe JB did not want any of her siblings to help out due to the fact it would not be shown on the show or Deredick said no siblings allowed.

Or maybe because Jill the Snitch was never popular with her siblings, and they only dealt with her because they had to. Now they don't. 

Maybe Derelict's face creeps the Duggarlings out.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Because I think about the Duggars too damn much:

I have a little family of four. Last night my son came running up to me, and I told him he was one of my most favorite people in the world. My husband added, “one of your three most favorite people.” 

And in this sweet moment with all of my favorite people, I thought of the Dillards 😤 and how they would never ever ever equate their love of their children with their love of each other.

• Love 12

It is very strange that Cathy is in one of the pictures but otherwise no other family member. Not even Dan! Seems like they may have moved in stages, but we all know Jill takes pictures of everything, so if anyone helped, there would be a photo.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Zella said:

I was thinking the same thing. I can't pack to save my life and normally don't judge anyone else's packing, but that seriously looked shitty. 

She has 18 siblings and dozens of other assorted family members. Why did they need to hire a moving company?

ETA now I see this has already been asked here!🙂

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 7

I'm not super good with floor plans or the size of baby furniture, but there's no way that Jill actually put the kids in the walk in closet next to the master bedroom?  It appears to be tiny and there are no windows shown.  I've never met a women with small children who wanted them sleeping on another floor.  I'm not saying it's a closet, but it makes more sense based on the size since the other two bedrooms look normal (if small) sized.  I read way too much of the old Emily crazy mom blog to not think this is possible.

Edited by hathorlive
6 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I'm not super good with floor plans or the size of baby furniture, but there's no way that Jill actually put the kids in the walk in closet next to the master bedroom?  It appears to be tiny and there are no windows shown.  I've never met a women with small children who wanted them sleeping on another floor.  I'm not saying it's a closet, but it makes more since based on the sized since the other two bedrooms look normal (if small) sized.  I read way too much of the old Emily crazy mom blog to not think this is possible.

My son and daughter in law moved into a house with the master on main before second child was born.  All the other bedrooms were upstairs.  Baby slept in cradle in master bedroom for a while, and then in her crib upstairs.  Oldest grandson was 2 when they moved. It wasn't a problem.  Baby #3 came along 5 years later.  Same drill.  Then upstairs.  They kept diapers, etc. downstairs too, but, it didn't seem a problem to any of us.  They used a monitor to keep tabs.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

We’ve moved!

Apr 27, 2019 | Family Blog, Photos | 3 

We’ve been slowly transitioning to our new home in an effort to not add too much stress to the already long days with Derick heading into finals as he wraps up his 1L year at the University of Arkansas Law School. Thanks to our friend Gunner (& Brandon) helping us move the rest of our stuff, we finally have everything out of the old place and into the new! If you need help moving and you live in NW Arkansas, we highly recommend NWA Move Crew (look them up on FB)! We haven’t organized and unpacked everything yet, but look forward to making some headway in the weeks ahead! Here are some pics from our move and a few after settling in a bit. 

C5AB5CE5-302C-4435-9613-5629DE26D4E4.jpeg

174E46A0-1A95-4445-BB40-CD03F2B9E89C.jpeg

F6071D85-B3F4-40ED-BE33-ABDE5F3BD167.jpeg

18DF9D43-3115-4730-BD9E-F5D84523513F.jpeg

JFC! What kind of people stick baby in a corner? Why is it so hard for them to sit round the table like, oh I don't know, a fricking FAMILY?

The table sits four. Pull the high chair up to the table. Stupid, apathetic, dysfunctional morons. 

("Fricking" is my phone's autocorrect keeping me PG. Thank you, autocorrect, for making me a kinder person. )

ELTA: Is there a reason you would put the youngest child's car seat in the third row instead of the second, which would be more easily accessible and still more than arm's length from Israel? Do these people even deserve children? 

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I included the picture of the moving truck because of the way it was packed. Once again, Jill plugs a company with an awful picture.

As far as it being a 4 bedroom, I could be wrong, but from what she posted, and the company’s site, that’s what it seems to be. I didn’t see any 2 bedroom homes on there. It could be a 3 bedroom.

Jill putting one of the men’s names  in parentheses got me. What is that supposed to signify? Not as helpful? 

The way they sit at the table is just weird. Sam isn’t even AT the table. The bib next to Derick made me laugh, though.

If it’s the 3 bedroom, this is the floor plan:

4698A06E-C858-49A7-8108-0D5FCDB2367B.jpeg

I don’t think it’s that one, since one of their pics shows a doorway to a bedroom right by the front door.  I’m pretty sure it’s the cheapest 4 BR, yet they still cram both boys into one room where there’s barely enough room to turn around. I’m hoping it means they made another room a playroom, but I doubt it. One BR is probably the “school room” and the other is DD’s Office. 

• Love 2

My twins share a room. They are amazing sleepers, and I am convinced it is because they have each other (and easy-going personalities in general). No bedtime stalling, and no crying in the middle of night. They will often play in their room together for a while in the morning. It is awesome. So, no snark from me on having Sam and Israel together in that little room. I suspect Sam will be climbing out of that crib in no time though. He probably already is, and Jill and Derick just disregard the safety concerns.

I 100% don’t understand why Sam is in the corner in a high chair and why Jill doesn’t use the available chair. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Is there a reason you would put the youngest child's car seat in the third row instead of the second, which would be more easily accessible and still more than arm's length from Israel? Do these people even deserve children? 

I think Sam is in the same row as Izzy, in a rear-facing car seat with a mirror above it. We're seeing his reflection, which makes it look like he's in the way back, but he's actually not.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think Sam is in the same row as Izzy, in a rear-facing car seat with a mirror above it. We're seeing his reflection, which makes it look like he's in the way back, but he's actually not.

You are correct. I didn’t include all of the pictures.

04BF4125-6A26-43AD-9D83-57C5A61C3587.jpeg

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, hathorlive said:

I'm not super good with floor plans or the size of baby furniture, but there's no way that Jill actually put the kids in the walk in closet next to the master bedroom?  It appears to be tiny and there are no windows shown.  I've never met a women with small children who wanted them sleeping on another floor.  I'm not saying it's a closet, but it makes more sense based on the size since the other two bedrooms look normal (if small) sized.  I read way too much of the old Emily crazy mom blog to not think this is possible.

I think there's a window behind the grey chair.  You can see an edge of molding. The red thing and the  brown thing seem to be makeshift curtains. 

• Love 1

A poster on Reddit has said that the Dean's List is out for fall semester at the law school.  Derick isn't on it.  That isn't to say he isn't doing OK in the middle of the pack or trailing the bottom. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, Absolom said:

A poster on Reddit has said that the Dean's List is out for fall semester at the law school.  Derick isn't on it.  That isn't to say he isn't doing OK in the middle of the pack or trailing the bottom. 

No surprise, right? Derick doesn't seem to excel at too many things.  🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Children are a blessing and the highest calling in life, but treat them like they're, at best, an annoyance.

Someone (not me) said "life begins at conception and ends at birth" - who really said this?  Anyone?

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Not a Duggar in sight helping with the move. Is this move not Boob approved so not one of Jill’s buddies could be spared? Also since TLC is not filming, no decorating by Jana or Jessa, I guess if it’s not going to be on TeeVee it isn’t worthy of the Duggar’s time.

Duggars don't help you move. They just come and redecorate your house when you aren't looking. Stick the stuff you like most in a closet. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 19
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Duggars don't help you move. They just come and redecorate your house when you aren't looking. 

"Lets talk about the things we found in THAT drawer."

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

So the Dullards moved to a brand new house?  That they bought?  How did they afford that? 

19 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

No one on this board knows lol. 

And the leghumpers say it is none of our business to question how they were able to afford the new house.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 4/28/2019 at 10:20 AM, BigBingerBro said:

I remember when I was a kid my mother would often rearrange furniture just to break monotony and/or freshen the place up.  My father was super-cheap so we rarely got new furniture.  I always suggested putting the dining table up against the wall, just because i thought it was different, but it also opened up some floor space and made the room appear bigger.  My mother flat-out refused to have the table up against a wall.  I now can understand why.  I wonder if J&D feel that is provides for more open space in the room?   

When I was a teenager, my best friend and I would always be rearranging our rooms. We lived in the same model home and our rooms were the same in the house. I can't believe we would move dressers and beds! It did make things interesting for awhile. 

• Love 2

Years back, I moved 7 times in 13 years.  While unpacking in most of my kitchens, I would shove the table against the wall, since it being in the middle was inconvenient and kept getting in my way.  When everything was unpacked, the fridge replenished, the floors and counters cleaned, the table went into it's proper place.  It always worked well for me. 

They however, are idiots, so they may be just be fans of irrational furniture placement and the table-against-the-wall is intentional. 

• Love 2

If they want it against the wall, why not make it the short end? They could leave a drop side down, like in this picture, and have that against the wall. Move the light fixture if it’s off, done.

4B97F8DC-D02A-4439-8DD7-5A26375277B8.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I hate admitting this, but my table is currently pushed to the wall...for 1 reason. I have a toddler that runs through and is accident prone. The table has sharp corners. I push it as far back as I can to give her more room and to save her head/eyes from the corners. Make no mistake though, when we have guests, the table is pulled back to the center of the room, under the light like it is supposed to be. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 8

We own a 3-story townhouse with 3BR/1BA.  Our dining room table with a traditional leaf that can be as needed.  If we put that table under our light fixture, nobody would be able to go into the kitchen, as that door separate the dining room & kitchen is quite narrow.  We will use that table for a family gathering to put food down to do a spread, but we don't eat at ti.  My inlaws have the same problem.  They would lose living room arrangements if they put that dining room table under their light fixture.  

In this case, it isn't a new house.  It's the people living in them.  The only thing that Derick can win at is sucking the life of everyone he comes in contact with.  Including his own children.  

• Love 10