Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I was told periodontal disease can lead to an infection in your mouth getting into your blood and traveling to your heart. If you are diagnosis with heart problems now, the cardiologist will ask you about your oral health.

The thought of Deredick trying to become a law enforcement officer scares the heck out of me. I would rather put a big sign on my front lawn with the message please come and rob and kill me instead of having Deredick be the sheriff deputy who is suppose to protect me. I would have a better chance with the criminals than him. Besides he would have all those female hussies tempted him, and he would have to work with females and/or females giving him orders.

He would also need to have excellent references, and I heard they check every single part of your life which includes your parents, siblings, spouse, and yes, your in-laws. They will check your finances, past work history, and your social media pages. He can delete his rants on twitter, but believe me, they can find what you have posted. He would need to be clean shaven and be neat as a pin. No having your wife show up with your lunch at lunch time. And your spouse will need to be able to socialize well with other spouses of law enforcement officers. And a big news flash for Deredick will be anything Jilly Girl and the in-laws say or do will reflect on him and his career. So in otherwords, I do not see Deredick becoming an officer or a FBI agent.

Breakfast Casserole Recipe- Egg, Potato, Peppers, Bacon

Jul 15, 2018 | Recipes | 1 

I wanted an easy, crustless breakfast casserole with specific ingredients to take to our small group breakfast at church and this one I found online proved perfect! I adjusted a few things to make it work with what I had on hand and everyone loved it!

1 package (1 lb.) bacon, cooked (I only had like 4 slices, so I threw in several slices of chopped up lunchmeat)

1 onion, diced

1 bell pepper, seeded and diced

1 roma tomato, diced

1 T. garlic, minced

1 c. milk

2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

3 c. potatoes, washed and diced (raw, or frozen diced. No need to thaw or precook!)

1 1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. black pepper

12 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon till crispy and chop into small pieces. Sauté onion, pepper, tomato and garlic. Mix all ingredients together, except eggs, and pour into greased casserole dish. Beat eggs and pour over top. Bake uncovered for 40-55 min or until center is no longer runny. Let stand 10 min. before serving. Can be served with your favorite hot sauce (ours is Valentina)!

Recipe adapted from: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/bacon-potato-and-egg-casserole/

474F08D4-8A42-4333-8CAA-65C73784DE51.jpeg

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not see Deredick becoming an officer or a FBI agent.

Can you see poor uncoordinated Derrick trying to complete the physical training required for either position?  I think he'd be out with either the physical or the PT.  

• Love 11

Oral health has a lot to do with health in general.  Because of my knee replacement, I will have to take antibiotics before every dental appointment for the rest of my life.  In fact, I was told I could not have my teeth cleaned for at least 6 weeks prior to the surgery just to cut down on the chance of bacteria from my mouth spreading in my blood.  A lot of heart conditions such as valve replacements and endocarditis require meds before dental work.  

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Breakfast Casserole Recipe- Egg, Potato, Peppers, Bacon

Jul 15, 2018 | Recipes | 1 

So Jill has finally run out of all of Michelle's old recipes and is back to ripping off recipes from other websites.  She is annoying and boring. 

• Love 9

Is her substitution the lunch meat out lieu of all the bacon?

I mean, it's not an awful recipe. Purposely because she didn't create it herself, but it's basically veggies and meat in eggs. It's a pretty standard breakfast option.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

And it’s crustless. Crust of what?

Just laughed out loud! I would like to know the same thing. I can't think of a time I made a cassrole that had crust of any kind OR lunch meat in it..

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So she, like, only had, like, four slices of bacon? SMH

2nd thing I shook my head at after the whole crust thing. She really is...like...annoying!

Jill really needs to stop with the "recipes".

• Love 7
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think law school is the real plan, though. It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to go in some law enforcement direction: his father was a police officer, he wanted to be an FBI agent, and he's enmeshed in a legalistic religious cult. I don't think he could pass the mental health screenings for the police department or the FBI, so I don't really know what he's thinking about, and I'm sure I'll be appalled when it's unveiled . . .

Well, he does love doughnuts!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

This sounds horrible - but if Jill had died in childbirth, I can’t picture Derick feeling the utter devastation that we would if our spouses had died.  Or even a fraction of his grief when his dad died.  How could he, when they barely tolerate each other?  He could pawn the kids off on a sister mom, play the part of the martyr, and he would have more material for his missions.  The godly widower who lost his lovely god fearing wife because she’s too dumb to go to a doctor. 

Part of my job involves death certificates.  I found one the other day where the cause of death was primarily tooth decay. Secondary cause was refusal to seek medical help.  There we go.

That's horrible, but don't assume the poor soul with the tooth decay died over their willful ignorance like someone who would get pregnant on purpose even though they've been told it could cost them their life.  If you have dental problems, little money and no insurance, good luck getting dental care in the US.  It's a sad state of affairs and even worse than our medical insurance problems.  Many people suffer and few dentists offer help.

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, Normades said:

That's horrible, but don't assume the poor soul with the tooth decay died over their willful ignorance like someone who would get pregnant on purpose even though they've been told it could cost them their life.  If you have dental problems, little money and no insurance, good luck getting dental care in the US.  It's a sad state of affairs and even worse than our medical insurance problems.  Many people suffer and few dentists offer help.

This is so true. 

• Love 9
On 7/12/2018 at 9:33 AM, questionfear said:

Derrick insulted Paw Patrol? It's like the most innocuous show ever. 

I can definitely find some flaws with it, but mostly because of the number of times I've been half asleep at 530 in the morning while my son watches it. One of those mornings I came up with my shared universe theory-that Paw Patrol and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles exist in the same universe. Clearly the Turtles mutagen spilled all over Adventure Bay, causing the emergency rescue teams to become dogs and the town scientist to become a 12 year old boy. It also altered the climate, which is why they can go from beaches to snow to jungles regularly. 

I never heard him insult the show, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t think it was Godly enough for Izzy to watch.  

Yeah I had a crazy dream like that last nite about Mama’s Family. The whole cast, including Bubba and Mother Boylen, were touring for Mama’s Family Live, but Vint and Naomi quit mid tour, breached their contracts and made off with all the proceeds.  Eunice refused to go on tour, and Buzz and Sonya were just happy to be working again.  

I don’t know what was in that beer last nite, but I won’t drink it again.  

By crustless I assume she means no bread since some casseroles call for bread chunks.  

As for Deredick and a career in law enforcement...I worked in HR.  No way he’d pass the psych exam.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

He would also need to have excellent references, and I heard they check every single part of your life which includes your parents, siblings, spouse, and yes, your in-laws. They will check your finances, past work history, and your social media pages. He can delete his rants on twitter, but believe me, they can find what you have posted. He would need to be clean shaven and be neat as a pin. No having your wife show up with your lunch at lunch time. And your spouse will need to be able to socialize well with other spouses of law enforcement officers. And a big news flash for Deredick will be anything Jilly Girl and the in-laws say or do will reflect on him and his career. So in otherwords, I do not see Deredick becoming an officer or a FBI agent.

My ex-husband applied for a State Department job years ago and they asked him about having been with a group of kids who were stopped and talked to by the police for setting off fireworks. Not arrested, just talked to, and they were juveniles.  The FBI also came to my work (in California; he was in Ohio) and interviewed me about his character. They know everything. Dreck's twitting would definitely be uncovered, deleted or not.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I was told periodontal disease can lead to an infection in your mouth getting into your blood and traveling to your heart. If you are diagnosis with heart problems now, the cardiologist will ask you about your oral health.

The thought of Deredick trying to become a law enforcement officer scares the heck out of me. I would rather put a big sign on my front lawn with the message please come and rob and kill me instead of having Deredick be the sheriff deputy who is suppose to protect me. I would have a better chance with the criminals than him. Besides he would have all those female hussies tempted him, and he would have to work with females and/or females giving him orders.

Haha you probably would be better on your own than with Derick LOL.

He will never get hired with his social media history. Too much of a liability. No department will take that risk, especially nowadays. Also no way in hell he would pass the psych or get through the academy. 

He would also have to see naked females on the regular which he probably couldn't deal with. You would be surprised at how naked people are all the time when they call 9-11. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

And it’s crustless. Crust of what?

The eggs make it sound more like a quiche than a casserole, so I'm guessing that where the crust would come in if she was up to making a quiche shell.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

He will never get hired with his social media history. Too much of a liability. No department will take that risk, especially nowadays. Also no way in hell he would pass the psych or get through the academy. 

He would also have to see naked females on the regular which he probably couldn't deal with. You would be surprised at how naked people are all the time when they call 9-11. 

I agree. The reality is that law enforcement isn't really about pushing other people around and telling them what to do and how to live (what Derick wants to do), as it is dealing with people in crisis. Derick's no more about "helping others" than he is about "working."

• Love 19

He would also need to learn about civil equality and put his racism and prejudice aside. Would he call Jilly Girl to come with him on a call involving a fight at a bar because *gasp* a woman wearing a revealing outfit might be at the bar. He could always team up with the Duggar version of Barney Fife aka JD.

47 minutes ago, kalamac said:

The eggs make it sound more like a quiche than a casserole, so I'm guessing that where the crust would come in if she was up to making a quiche shell.

Yeah, I'm thinking she's thinking that every casserole has to involve a piecrust/shepherd's pie/quiche type option, because Duggars.  (For the record, I love piecrust.  I just know it wouldn't be healthy for me to eat and utilize it at every meal!)  I'll give Jill a pass on the "lunch meat", as my mother has been known to use salami, bologna, and maybe even pepperoni, as meat in omelets.

• Love 3

If she's eating turkey bacon then I could see adding turkey lunch meat, since I think turkey bacon tastes like turkey bologna. I could also see putting ham lunch meat in a breakfast casserole.

I do appreciate the fact that she provided a link to the original recipe instead of trying to pass it off as hers.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

So she, like, only had, like, four slices of bacon? SMH

She needs to learn to stop writing like she talks. Too bad she never went to school where, you know, they teach you these things.

• Love 13

Jill is a product of Boob and Michelle's fkd up environment... it is sad....Jill, Jessa and Joy are taking too many risks with their home births....one day...someone will die...and their fans will come down...HARD.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Nysha said:

If she's eating turkey bacon then I could see adding turkey lunch meat, since I think turkey bacon tastes like turkey bologna. I could also see putting ham lunch meat in a breakfast casserole.

I do appreciate the fact that she provided a link to the original recipe instead of trying to pass it off as hers.

Yup, me too. I've never made an egg dish/casserole before, but I'll throw anything in an omelette.

• Love 5

I'm betting that Jills version omits all of those veggies.  They don't move much past lettuce when it comes to something fresh.  And most little kids I know detest green peppers.  ;-)

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Edited to add: that's a good point about how Jill or Sam might have freakin' died if TLC had not (probably) insisted on a hospital birth ... then Derrick turns around and shits all over them. He should be thanking them ...

I know this is evil of me, but maybe that's what he hoped would happen.  Divorce is not an option, but no one could fault him for being single if Jill died.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

My husband’s out of deodorant? Throw some chopped-up lunch meat in his armpits! It will disguise any embarrassing body odors,

I was thinking of you guys a couple of weeks ago when I went to put on my deodorant and realized I had used my stain remover by accident.  All I could see was that picture of Derrick's nasty armpits!  (Yes, I keep my stain stick in the bathroom so I can apply it before tossing clothes in the hamper--the washer is in the basement and I live on the second floor.)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, magpye29 said:

I know this is evil of me, but maybe that's what he hoped would happen.  Divorce is not an option, but no one could fault him for being single if Jill died.

I bet he would never get remarried if that happened! I can see him "temporarily" moving in with Mommy, and staying there and being take care of forever. Izzy and Sam could be absorbed by the TTH, or maybe even Jessa. I bet it would at least give Jessa an excuse to be at the TTH even more. "My kids' poor cousins need someone to play with in their time of grief!" Deredick could sit around cathy's house forever, pretending to grieve. Then, when he is middle aged and Cathy passes on, he would find a girlfriend who worked and could take care of him again, just like Cathy. He would be a more "progressive" Christian so he could live with her before marriage. 

• Love 5

I can't see Cathy allowing her grandchildren to be absorbed by the TTH. She's their go-to overnight caregiver any time the Dillards need to be gone. My bet is if something happened to Jill, all three of them would move in with Cathy and she would raise them in a more relaxed and loving fashion then what they get now.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

I bet he would never get remarried if that happened! I can see him "temporarily" moving in with Mommy, and staying there and being take care of forever. Izzy and Sam could be absorbed by the TTH, or maybe even Jessa. I bet it would at least give Jessa an excuse to be at the TTH even more. "My kids' poor cousins need someone to play with in their time of grief!" Deredick could sit around cathy's house forever, pretending to grieve. Then, when he is middle aged and Cathy passes on, he would find a girlfriend who worked and could take care of him again, just like Cathy. He would be a more "progressive" Christian so he could live with her before marriage. 

Honestly though, one good thing about Cathy is that is pretty obvious is that she really loves her grandsons.  I could see her taking care of them.  And sending them to school.

• Love 11
(edited)
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

If God forbid, anything happened to Derelict and Jill, the boys would be much better off with the Dillards. Cathy's a nutter, but at least her brand of crazy believes in education.

Hasn’t Cathy been on the homeschooling wagon lately per Twitter?  I think it’s more likely first hubby was holding back the crazy and we can’t judge Derick’s childhood as how Cathy would raise her grandbabies today.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, cdp73 said:

I think if anything were to happen to Jill, Derick would dump the kids on the nearest relative's doorstep and high-tail it back to Nepal.

He’d importune Jana to replace Jill. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

He’d importune Jana to replace Jill. 

Ha ha ha! This comment reminds me of the movie, “Fill the Void.” A Hasidic girl is pressured by her family to marry her brother in law after her sister dies in childbirth. They didn’t want the brother in law to move the child out of the country, so that was their solution. I can see Michelle approaching Jana in her creepy baby voice, “Jana, Izzy and that other one already love you so much. It’s what Jilly Muffin would’ve wanted.”

• Love 13
2 hours ago, cdp73 said:

I think if anything were to happen to Jill, Derick would dump the kids on the nearest relative's doorstep and high-tail it back to Nepal.

I think you're right. College and Nepal were Derick's glory days. 

• Love 7

I wonder if they had permission to post these......

We were so excited to get to meet cousin Garrett David Duggar soon after his arrival!  Israel and Samuel are excited to have a new cousin!  We are so happy for Joe (Jill’s brother) and Kendra (his wife) on their first little one!  He was born June 8th, 2018 weighing 7lbs. 8oz. and was 20.5 inches long.  Here are some pictures from the day we met little Garrett.

37844A87-381D-4CEC-8374-ECC9A7631CD6.jpeg

E7A3AB75-0C1D-4DDF-B3D9-D45EABADE1C3.jpeg

93BCC496-9D9C-4CEF-AC06-5D12FD3F045B.jpeg

A1157297-DAB6-4C89-BAAE-2A9EF38BE615.jpeg

• Love 5