Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, SMama said:

BEC here, but why not close the damn closet door? I love Sam’s WTF and don’t point that thing at my face expression.

And what's with all the crapola on top of the vanity?  Both Sam and Israel could easily get into something up there or pull whatever it is that is plugged in on top of themselves.  Slobs.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, SMama said:

BEC here, but why not close the damn closet door? I love Sam’s WTF and don’t point that thing at my face expression.

The look on Sam's face MAKES the video. "Who are these idiots and how did I end up with them?"

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 19
23 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I totally agree. Close your damn closets!

18 hours ago, louannems said:

Every single picture or video taken in Jill's bedroom showcases an unmade bed.  Even her bed in DA.

I don't get the lack of thought process behind, let's do a video and show it to the world and not think first, ok, how does the room look?

I'm not sure the Duggar kids have EVER made a bed.  Remember how the boy's dorm didn't even have sheets on the bed at one point, they just threw down sleeping bags??  And who could forget Jessa's pic of the unmade bed with Henry's dried spit up all over the bottom sheet

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'm not sure the Duggar kids have EVER made a bed.  Remember how the boy's dorm didn't even have sheets on the bed at one point, they just threw down sleeping bags??  And who could forget Jessa's pic of the unmade bed with Henry's dried spit up all over the bottom sheet

Well, at least they're consistent. ;  )

• Love 3
On 5/30/2018 at 1:04 PM, Trillium said:

The version she posted is pretty common potluck staple here. I don’t care for it but my husband loves it, so if I make it I don’t use cream of chicken, I use milk, chicken broth, and flour and some spices depending on who’s eating it. I usually do garlic and caramelized onions. But I know plenty of people who make it her way and have for decades. There’s nothing Duggar or original about this at all. 

I freely admit that I would eat Jill’s version. I have a shameful weakness for carbs, grease, salt and crunch. Back in the day this would have been perfect PMS food. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, sixlets said:

I was truly saddened to read of Dianna's passing.  I can't imagine the heartache her husband is suffering, and that poor sweet babe.  I hope the whole family can find peace.

I hope that their family, friends and fellowship step up and help both her husband and baby in the next months/years to come.  This has to be heartbreaking for not only her husband, but her family as well.   Did anyone ever hear about the condition of the person driving the tractor?  Sorry, I grew up in farming country and have driven a lot of tractors, and the thought of being on one and in a collision with a vehicle is the stuff of nightmares for all involved.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I don't get the lack of thought process behind, let's do a video and show it to the world and not think first, ok, how does the room look?

That's the explanation in a nutshell for you. 

• Love 11

"I like it on the plain side, but you can jazz it up with ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato, blah blah blah...".

I'm sure Derick would put the kibosh on using the word jazz!!  

HEEEEEE!!!!!!  Kids aren't allowed to do any "Jazz Hands" in that household either! And all that Jazz.....

Poor family....makes me feel so bad.

• Love 1

From their blog:

So…I guess it’s not technically a campfire if we aren’t camping out, but we love our little fire pit and we use it all the time! Check out these fun pics and videos from our lovely summer evening yesterday!

P.S. The fire pit was a gift from Derick’s mom that came from Walmart!

just doing 2 of the pictures:

8F538CA5-5B11-4B6E-893B-4D8D7043C7E3.jpeg

55A7D20E-58BD-4CE4-A068-B0AB94E011AC.jpeg

And the garden. An “update”:

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/4/2018 at 2:53 PM, lookeyloo said:

They are acting like they might like those children.  good acting.  Yay!!

Yes, but only until Derick had to go and kick Izzy in his side for not answering the endless questions correctly!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 11

I'm hoping some of you more tech savy posters can help this old broad understand twitter.

I've read jokes about Derick being 'entombed' once he locked his twitter account. Regardless, what's to stop someone from following Der then re- posting the tweet (questionable ethics aside) here or elsewhere under a different account? I guess what I'm asking is what good does locking down a twitter account actually do?

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

I'm hoping some of you more tech savy posters can help this old broad understand twitter.

I've read jokes about Derick being 'entombed' once he locked his twitter account. Regardless, what's to stop someone from following Der then re- posting the tweet (questionable ethics aside) here or elsewhere under a different account? I guess what I'm asking is what good does locking down a twitter account actually do?

In theory, a locked Twitter account would allow an individual to tweet his/her thoughts to a selective group of followers.  It works better if you initially set up the account as private and not change years later.  I'm sure that there are secret groups on Twitter chatting about whatever their hearts desire.  These would mostly be side accounts, because the whole purpose of Twitter is to get your thoughts out there for everyone to see. 

As for the screen shots, that is the cost of doing business on the Internet.  No matter how private you think your account is, your followers can always see and save whatever you post.  There is no way that Derick was able to vet every follower before switching his account to private.  He would have enough followers who were still able to see whatever Derick was trying to hide.  I don't think that Derick has the intelligence nor the imagination to understand what Internet Lurkers are.  He would have a few hundred followers who would never respond to his Tweets, but only screencap them.  Those people were still able to see his Tweets and disseminate the message accordingly. 

Derick imagines himself to be a public figure, so having a private Twitter account makes no sense.  How can he rage against the godless liberals if only a select few can see his message.  How is he supposed to save souls, if only the chosen few can see his message. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I'm a messy person.  Not dirty but I have stuff all over the place and can never find a thing.  I have a large family, work and homeschool.  I'm disorganized by nature and am spread way too thin.  However, my kids are deeply loved, clean, educated and do a lot of things. 

Jill, here's a tip for you and Derick

When I take a picture, I make sure the background looks clear and clean.  I sometimes kick things out of the way.  Or, I crop out things in the background that are unflattering to me and my family.  Taking pictures outside is another great solution.  This is common sense.  Get some. 

I followed his Twitter on my burner account and while locked, I could not retweet anything but I could certainly screenshot it and share it with the world. (Which is why all this outrage towards Facebook is misplaced. It’s rule 101 of the internet. If you post it, it’s public) But while his was locked he really didn’t tweet anything of interest. Ironically, he tweets something controversial once’s it’s public again. 

Honestly I think he loves the haters, because he loves to be the holiest of the holier than thous. If his Twitter is just his peers kissing his ass, he can’t look down on them from that high horse.  Plus he probably got less clicks on their website so less money coming in. Because finding an actual paying job isn’t a part their new direction. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Trillium said:

I followed his Twitter on my burner account and while locked, I could not retweet anything but I could certainly screenshot it and share it with the world. (Which is why all this outrage towards Facebook is misplaced. It’s rule 101 of the internet. If you post it, it’s public) But while his was locked he really didn’t tweet anything of interest. Ironically, he tweets something controversial once’s it’s public again. 

Honestly I think he loves the haters, because he loves to be the holiest of the holier than thous. If his Twitter is just his peers kissing his ass, he can’t look down on them from that high horse.  Plus he probably got less clicks on their website so less money coming in. Because finding an actual paying job isn’t a part their new direction. 

he thrives on being the victim!  Loves to be hated.  loves to be the martyr. 

• Love 12

Breakfast Casserole-Potato, Egg & Cheese

Jun 5, 2018 | Recipes | 1 

My family got this recipe from a friend of theirs. They make 2.5 times this recipe to fill one industrial sized baking sheet that will feed the whole family!

This recipe makes one regular size cookie sheet

1 bag tater tots (might not use entire bag)

1 stick butter (1/2 C.)

10-12 eggs

1 1/2 C. milk

1/4 tsp.  hot sauce (and more for later; we like Valentina brand!)

salt and pepper (to taste)

grated cheddar cheese (enough to cover top)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Put a layer of tater tots on the cookie sheet and top with slices of butter. Put in oven for butter to melt. Mix eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt and pepper together and pour over tater tots and butter. Sprinkle generously with cheese. Bake for 20-25 min. Serve with hot sauce if you like a little more spice.

22E63F3D-454F-4523-9615-087B69C435D6.jpeg

• Love 3
(edited)

More unappetizing slop. Is it that difficult to shred some potatoes? At least there’s no cream of whatever crap.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

My family got this recipe from a friend of theirs. They make 2.5 times this recipe to fill one industrial sized baking sheet that will feed the whole family!

1 stick butter (1/2 C.)

10-12 eggs

1 1/2 C. milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Put a layer of tater tots on the cookie sheet and top with slices of butter. Put in oven for butter to melt. Mix eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt and pepper together and pour over tater tots and butter. Sprinkle generously with cheese. Bake for 20-25 min. Serve with hot sauce if you like a little more spice.

So what is a “baking sheet?” A cookie sheet? A jelly roll pan? 

(edited)

Growing up, "baking sheet" was always synonymous with "cookie sheet," but I wonder if it's one of those regional things where one term can mean something different to all of us.

Are the Duggars even aware that it's possible to make meals from real, whole food? It's like a recipe isn't complete without the addition of Cream of Sodium soup or frozen potatoes. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 19
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

1 stick butter (1/2 C.)

10-12 eggs

1 1/2 C. milk

That looks absolutely terrible.  How many people is she figuring this will feed?  My guess is it would feed at least 5-6.  Valentina is fine but my guess is they like it because a giant bottle is like .99.  

• Love 3

Why not cook the eggs and tater tots with cheese separately? That would eliminate all that fat from the butter. I bet she throws a lot of food away cooking in those industrial size pans.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So what is a “baking sheet?” A cookie sheet? A jelly roll pan? 

Around here, a baking sheet is a cookie sheet with a rim around it. I hear that term used much more often than a jelly roll pan, which apparently is basically the same thing.

• Love 3

"Breakfast casserole"

Am I to understand that this dry looking thing is something one is supposed to choke down for breakfast? I know that a lot of Americans have a fondness for eating cooked food for their morning meal, but this... If she'd left out the tater tots and most of the cheese it could've made a nice oven omelette and a bit easier to stomach but this looks more like a very filling dinner dish than something I would want to put in my mouth first thing in the morning. To be fair, I can barely manage toast but this just seems excessive.

It's kind of funny how different Jill's cooking is vs Jessa's. Jessa makes breakfast for dinner, just spoons up some yoghurt and wallah! [sic], and Jill makes a massive stick-to-your-ribs calorie bomb for breakfast. Makes me wonder how the daily meals were proportioned in the Duggar household when they were growing up.

• Love 7