Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

To be fair, it looks like there should be at least a photo in that tweet, but there isn't. He's probably just being like "you forgot something."

Makes sense. Derick could have called them on the phone and told them rather than be a public dick though.

I have a good friend who referred to her kiddo in months until he turned five. Then he was a toddler.  ?

”how old is little Johnny now?”

”he is about to turn 46 months.”

In a world where child bearing is king, I’m shocked that MeChelle doesn’t do this with the kids still at home. “Jana and JD just turned 337 months, can you believe it?”

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I have a good friend who referred to her kiddo in months until he turned five. Then he was a toddler.  ?

In a world where child bearing is king, I’m shocked that MeChelle doesn’t do this with the kids still at home. “Jana and JD just turned 337 months, can you believe it?”

I don’t think Meechelle can count past six months, since that is the age she passed baby over to it’s buddy/sistermom

• Love 2

Derrick thinks that most of America is transphobic.  I won’t claim that this assertion is false because I’m not here to make up statistics, but this is further proof that these people need to get out more.  Most of America =/= most of the people you choose to associate with.  He probably really believes this is true because most of the people he has aligned himself with are transphobic. Derrick, you don’t know what most of America believes because you only surround yourself with people who have the same basic beliefs as you. Just like your wife’s claim that 2/3 of American families deal with sexual abuse in the home is a broad jump.  Maybe 2/3 of fundie families but here in the outside world....  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

On the months thing, I was told it was common to do so until the kid was three. 

Annoying people do it until age 3. When someone asks you how old your child, they're being polite or making conversation. They don't need an exact number. Your average person doesn't care if your child is 22 months as opposed to saying, "about to turn 2."

All opinions expressed are my own ;) And I cut that month shit out when my twins turned one. If I was talking to someone who had young kids, I broke it down to months until they were about 20 months. After that, don't nobody have time to figure that out!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Annoying people do it until age 3. When someone asks you how old your child, they're being polite or making conversation. They don't need an exact number. Your average person doesn't care if your child is 22 months as opposed to saying, "about to turn 2."

All opinions expressed are my own ;) And I cut that month shit out when my twins turned one. If I was talking to someone who had young kids, I broke it down to months until they were about 20 months. After that, don't nobody have time to figure that out!

Yup. And my generation did the same and after a year it was, a little over (or under) 18 months and then nearly 2 or 2 1/2, etc.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup. And my generation did the same and after a year it was, a little over (or under) 18 months and then nearly 2 or 2 1/2, etc.

Or, "she was four in August" and "he's going to be five in January" if it's within two or three months. Otherwise, age and a half.

14 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

There would be multiplication required for that. ?

16 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

It's annoying they stated Israel as "32 months" in that article. The kid is 2 1/2 (ish). They can say that. 

Also, Derick is a terrible person. That's all, honestly

My name is Natalie and I am 592 months.  

Yes he is!  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

My name is Natalie and I am 592 months.  

Yes he is!  

I won't tell what my age in months is.  It's somewhat more than Natalie68, and that's all I will divulge.

Once my daughter was past 2 years, it was one-half or "almost."  Especially with anyone with whom we weren't related.  

Dillweed is more Duggar than his unfortunate wife, it seems.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jilly is too easily impressed. Who knew chocolate milk was such a luxury to her that it deserved a whole post thanking her husband for including it in his shopping list. 

This is trolling us, right? "Look at surprized face with my chipped nail polish that my husband brought home the most expensive chocolate milk ever!"

ETA: plus unnecessary under shirt. And Jill, move your spices away from the window.

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • Love 1

I was in an emotionally abusive relationship as a teen / young adult that lasted four years. When I met my first decent, serious boyfriend in my twenties, he came to pick me up on our first date. When he opened the door to let me in, I marveled at what a wonderful gentleman he was. He'd said something before about being a gentleman, so it didn't totally come out of nowhere, but he seemed shocked. After that, he said something to the effect of that being a pretty low bar, and not all that impressive. Then I was horrified to be called out on a first date, but all I was used to was being treated like a piece of crap, and being told I didn't "deserve" basic decency. I dated this guy for a year, and it gave me a whole new outlook on life. I saw how a good man treated his girlfriend, and my perspective was forever changed. While I still don't take a good man for granted, at all, I know there are certain decent behaviors you should just expect.

I feel like Jill had my previous attitude, 100%, after being married four years. It makes me worry a little bit, since she has no ex, about the quality of their marriage. Does Derick routinely refuse her even little things, so it stands out when he actually does something thoughtful? Or is she just soooo stuck in the 13-year-old girl mindset that anything nice her husband does, no matter how small, is unicorns and rainbows?

• Love 5

I wonder if she has the same expression when she is doing you know what with her wonderful, blessed, special husband. Give me a few extra minutes to head to the Prayer Closet because of the ice. Extra Duty Brain Bleach for everyone.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder if she has the same expression when she is doing you know what with her wonderful, blessed, special husband. Give me a few extra minutes to head to the Prayer Closet because of the ice. Extra Duty Brain Bleach for everyone.

I think the expression is part of the problem! It makes it look like, "OMG I AM SO SURPRISED HE DID SOMETHING NICE!!!" If she would maybe just show the product and act like it's not the most amazing thing ever, she would seem more relatable. 

"Was craving chocolate milk and then Derick happened to surprise me with it! #mindreader #simplepleasures #itsthesmallthings."

not that that's the best caption ever, but something with the gist that sometimes simple pleasures are awesome, and making the chocolate milk the significant part instead of Derick, would make her look less pathetic. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Marigold said:

I'm so disappointed.

I thought the   ???? in response to the Duugars Sammy post was Derick going off the rails again and attacking Jim Bob.

Damn you, Delusional Derick! You have ruined my fun. 

D

29 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jilly is too easily impressed. Who knew chocolate milk was such a luxury to her that it deserved a whole post thanking her husband for including it in his shopping list. 

If good old "best hubby in the world" passed gas in her face, Jilly would take to social media and positively SWOON over her wonderful and thoughtful spouse.  

• Love 1

Jill's an idiot. Someone needs to point out to her that it's PromiseLand Dairy, not Promise Land, which she should have gotten correct since she had the container in her hand! #attentionwhore #nailslooklikeshit #dumbestduggar #howmanyhashtagscanicomeupwith 

• Love 4

Oh that is sad. My husband goes grocery shopping as a matter of course and buys food we all like (duh). Of course I thank him, and vice versa when I do the same, but a #besthubbyever shoutout to the world is really over the top for stuff he should just be doing as a regular grown up. 

Makes me wonder what he normally does if this is extra special  

@Christina87 good points. Thanks for that perspective!  

And the open mouth, she looks so dull and clueless. 

• Love 2

Jill looks so stupid in that picture. Literally. What an unattractive look on her face. Raised eyebrows, big gaping open mouth..ugh

I think she is trying to show the world that her asshole husband is actually a nice guy...ummmm...not working. And jesus jill you have low standards. 

• Love 3

Does Jill ever have nail polish that is NOT chipped and gross???? 

And @Mollie is right. That piercing looks like a nasty mole. If you're gonna pierce your nose, then make it look good. 

What a dumb post. Wow. Derick bought chocolate milk. I'm so impressed, Jill.   You really do have the best husband. I'm so jealous. 

Not.

• Love 1

Jill has a spot near her left eye that looks about the same as the mole/piercing.

It does make me wonder about her life that she posted about chocolate milk.

Spendy chocolate milk does not make for good grifting, Jill.

Poor Jill reminds me of a relative of mine who always has to post the most OTT things on Facebook.

A Stranger did Something so Kind, I'm Still Sobbing Over it!:  "I was at my wits end, there seemed to be nothing to look forward to.  Life can be so hard sometimes.  But a lovely woman took pity on me, saw how desperate I was, and gave me what I needed to carry on.  A little kindness and attention towards someone who is struggling is such a blessing.  Thank you, kind lady, I'll always remember you when times are dark."  (A woman let my relative exit the parking lot of the dry cleaners and get ahead of her during heavy traffic.)

The Love of My Life Has Made Me the Happiest Woman on Earth!:  "Babe, I cannot express to you how much I appreciate the love and care you showed me on my birthday.  Who knew that I could find a man that would instinctively know just what I wanted.  <3  I truly have the worlds best boyfriend!"  (Her boyfriend of the moment, who she calls Babe because she calls all of her boyfriends Babe, let her choose between Olive Garden and Golden Panda when going out to eat at some point in the week previous to her birthday.  No word on what, if anything, he gave her for a birthday gift.)

My Daughter Just Saved My Life!:  "I was deathly ill and my daughter took such good care of me, if she hadn't got me medical treatment I might not be here today.  Darling, I love you!"

Her daughter replied about 2 minutes later:  "Mom.  I'm in the next room.  You weren't dying.  You had a stomach bug.  I brought you a pot to throw up in and some Pepto Bismal and you are fine now.  Stop with the drama.  I love you, too, but really, stop with the drama."  Her daughter was all of 10 years old at the time and already had her mom's number.

• Love 7

I made my husband a sandwich for lunch. He took me out to dinner last night. Neither one of us felt the need to make a big deal about it on social media. 

I can't decide if Fundie girls constantly humblebrag because they're immature or whether their husbands doing something nice is such a rare thing they're genuinely flattered? Either way, it's kind of sad.

Zahdii, I have one of those relatives as well! Female cousin on my dad's side who is the biggest attention seeking drama queen on the planet. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Could she have been paid for this post?

IG now makes the poster note that it's an #ad or that they are a #partner to dilineate sponsored posts. They are cracking down more on violations these days, so I don't think the Dullards were paid for this. It's just Jill being a moron.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Zahdii, I have one of those relatives as well! Female cousin on my dad's side who is the biggest attention seeking drama queen on the planet. 

Can you imagine what would happen if my relative and yours met?  The fake niceness as they chatted and sized each other up.  The glittery eyes and hard smiles as they exchanged stories?  The gradual escalation of oneupsmanship as they tried to gain mastery of the room?  Who would blink first and who would emerge victorious?  Who would go home crowing in triumph and who would need round the clock petting from their base to cope with the devastating loss?

Now imagine a room full of them!  The strutting, the backbiting, the passive aggressiveness, and the final thrust of victory would be too much.  Call the mental health workers, cancel vacations, get the meds ready, because we'd have a full blown narcissistic catastrophe on our hands! 

How can I make this happen?  I'd need a large room, plenty of cameras, and an open bar.  How much can I charge on Pay Per View?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Can you imagine what would happen if my relative and yours met?  The fake niceness as they chatted and sized each other up.  The glittery eyes and hard smiles as they exchanged stories?  The gradual escalation of oneupsmanship as they tried to gain mastery of the room?  Who would blink first and who would emerge victorious?  Who would go home crowing in triumph and who would need round the clock petting from their base to cope with the devastating loss?

Does your relative have kids? Because my cousin is a gold medalist when it comes to the Mommy Wars. No matter how cute, smart, talented and funny you think your child is, hers is a thousand times better. I actually think it would pretty hilarious if they came up with some sort of Olympic event: One-Upping For Insecure People. I'd pay to see that. Poor Jill and her chocolate milk wouldn't stand a chance. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Jill has a spot near her left eye that looks about the same as the mole/piercing.

It does make me wonder about her life that she posted about chocolate milk.

Spendy chocolate milk does not make for good grifting, Jill.

It’s a piercing. There are better pics of it. It’s a standard cubic zirconia that you get when you get pierced. 

9 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Wouldn’t she have spelled the product name correctly if she was being paid?

Maybe, and surely they'd have asked her to remove her scraggly, chipped nail polish. So I vote she wasn't paid. 

11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

IG now makes the poster note that it's an #ad or that they are a #partner to dilineate sponsored posts. They are cracking down more on violations these days, so I don't think the Dullards were paid for this. It's just Jill being a moron.

Can you hashtag a brand name in hopes of getting a coupon or kickback of some sort without having to say so?

Plus what brand exactly would choose an unemployed grifter, who was kicked off their reality show, who has a bad reputation for not doing social media right to endorse their product? Who was also so uneducated they couldn't spell it, with the carton right in front of them? If I was marketing a product, the last people I'd pick would be the dullards!

• Love 2