Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Probably not.  If I remember the story right, the neighbor's divorce came two or three years after Michelle mowed the lawn.  She never mentioned any other interaction between them in the interim.  I suspect it's simply Michelle latching on to something that she can brag about, but couching it in such a way as to make it seem like a cautionary tale. 

"Girls, don't be immodest.  I did that once.  When I was a teen I mowed the lawn wearing cutoff jeans and a bikini top.  I'm pretty sure the guy across the street saw me.  The lust I inspired in that poor man ate away at his marriage until it eventually caused...... A DIVORCE!  That poor heathen family ripped apart by my fantastic figure and all the lustful thoughts it inspired.  A true tragedy.  I wept when I realized what I'd done.  So let us pray for those heathens whose lives were torn apart and hope that they have since come to the Lord and are now basking in His Love and Protection so that they have the strength to fight against the sins that run rampant among people that aren't just like us.  And just to be on the safe side, you girls wear another t-shirt under your frumpers tomorrow, OK?

The 'baggage' that JB talked about was probably Michelle not being modest enough until he came along to point out the error of her ways, but he also mentioned that she dated others before him, both in group dates and alone, and that she had kissed other guys before JB.  Thank God that JB was able to save Michelle's soul by telling her what she'd done wrong and showing her how to wipe those sins away through the power of God.

However, if a male had committed those sins, the forgiveness would have included a proviso that the forgiveness of God made it as if the sin hadn't happened, and would only be referred to again if the man chose to bring them up as part of his 'testimony'.  But since we're talking about a woman, her asshole husband can bring them up any time he wants to demonstrate both the power of forgiveness and stroke his own ego as he points out that he got the hot cheerleader, saved her soul, and was so damned wonderful he married her anyway, despite her checkered past.

Holy crap, lol and effing yes to everything you said, zahdii! I'm laughing especially hard at your Me-chelle speech because I can TOTALLY see (and *shudder*) hear her saying that.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You mean Jana or Miss Cathy wrapped them.  Too neat for Muffy and Scruffy to have done it.

I think that Miss Cathy probably bought them, too. My guess is that they visited Cathy over the Thanksgiving weekend and she loaded them up with gifts -- all neatly wrapped in the same paper. She is a retired accountant with 2 kids and 2 grandchildren -- that would explain why 1) the shopping is already done 2) the wrapping is so neat and 3) why there are so many presents. Jill and Derick are lazy slobs, there is no way that they bought, or wrapped these gifts.

• Love 12

I can easily see those gifts as having been bought and wrapped by Jill and Derwood (notice I didn't say "paid for" though, because we know where they got the money to buy them). 

They have plenty of time to shop, to begin with. Jill especially. I would in fact bet she was tickled to have an excuse to deposit the boys with Jana at the TTH and spend the day shopping.  As far as the wrapping goes - it's boring and plain - not creative at all, with no ribbons or bows embellishing the boxes, just meh. The packages almost scream out "We were wrapped by Jill Duggar." The fact that the boxes appear to be neatly wrapped (at least from a distance) doesn't change my assessment. Getting paper cut folded and taped to a box isn't rocket science. Even Jill could probably pull that off. And who knows what lumpy, raggedy seams have been turned to the back so you can't see them ?

I also don't think the number of gifts is excessive. I count thirteen boxes with probably a good five or six underneath that you can't see. I'd guess about twenty gifts.  For a family with two parents and two little boys (plus whatever gifts for other people they have stashed under there) I don't think it's too much. Perhaps those big boxes that probably contain bulky toys makes it look like a lot. But I don't think it is.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 10

There’s a cardboard box under the tree.  Obviously too lazy to wrap it.  Typical Dillydumdum signature move of half assing Mom used to to handle those too big to wrap gifts by wrapping a small package with something inside for weight (to throw us off the scent) that contained a note that said, “Look in the hall closet”.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I can easily see those gifts as having been bought and wrapped by Jill and Derwood (notice I didn't say "paid for" though, because we know where they got the money to buy them). 

They have plenty of time to shop, to begin with. Jill especially. I would in fact bet she was tickled to have an excuse to deposit the boys with Jana at the TTH and spend the day shopping.  As far as the wrapping goes - it's boring and plain - not creative at all, with no ribbons or bows embellishing the boxes, just meh. The packages almost scream out "We were wrapped by Jill Duggar." The fact that the boxes appear to be neatly wrapped (at least from a distance) doesn't change my assessment. Getting paper cut folded and taped to a box isn't rocket science. Even Jill could probably pull that off. And who knows what lumpy, raggedy seams have been turned to the back so you can't see them ?

I also don't think the number of gifts is excessive. I count thirteen boxes with probably a good five or six underneath that you can't see. I'd guess about twenty gifts.  For a family with two parents and two little boys (plus whatever gifts for other people they have stashed under there) I don't think it's too much. Perhaps those big boxes that probably contain bulky toys makes it look like a lot. But I don't think it is.

I agree completely.  The packages aren't particularly well wrapped and they look boring with all the same paper and no bows or other embellishments.  They're not evenly distributed either.  Total Muffy and Scruffy job.  

• Love 4

First: I think they should go full on with the hippie look. Derick looks like a mess when he tries to look like a professional, and he looks tidier when he has his mane. Maybe the manbun is going out of fashion, but he can probably hop on the next wave whatever it is. Jill suits the mismatched, just crawled out of bed look. She needs to go on Pinterest and find some looks to imitate, but it seems her style is more loose and bohemian. We can't tell how they smell or what their hygiene is from photos. They may smell like incense and weed for all we know. 

Second: looks like they are going to grift. It sucks. I wanna know if the Dullards or any other Duggs see the value of this investment with Derick, if not, why not? With any luck, this course teaches Derelict that his job is to draw people through his own example, and to lay off the arrogant entitled attitude. Cathy indicated that grifting is perfectly acceptable in their realm, I find it despicable when they have lived almost free since they were married and must have their own resources, but I guess...At least they are in a happy medium now where Jill can run to the TTH to dump her kid on her sisters while she has coffee, and Derick gets some distance from the horde.  

Third: So happy to see the little Christmas scene. Doesn't look like that many presents to me, but ymmv.

Anyone just glad to see them take a slight turn from the JB/Gothard gates?  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

We can't tell how they smell or what their hygiene is from photos. They may smell like incense and weed for all we know. 

I wish they did smell like weed.  It might mellow Derick out & stop his hateful tweets about Jazz, Izzy & others.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, ariel said:

I wish they did smell like weed.  It might mellow Derick out & stop his hateful tweets about Jazz, Izzy & others.

It would take enough weed to kill Snoop Dog before Dreck could smoke enough before his countenance and tweets would reflect that the stick up his ass had finally been removed. 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that Miss Cathy probably bought them, too. My guess is that they visited Cathy over the Thanksgiving weekend and she loaded them up with gifts -- all neatly wrapped in the same paper. She is a retired accountant with 2 kids and 2 grandchildren -- that would explain why 1) the shopping is already done 2) the wrapping is so neat and 3) why there are so many presents. Jill and Derick are lazy slobs, there is no way that they bought, or wrapped these gifts.

Cathy is not retired.  She works full time, unlike her derelict son.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Agree,  agree.  Even when we had very modest means,  we always had multiple gifts per child under the tree (usually only one per child of any significant value), not to mention gifts for our parents and grandparents and a couple for each other. And those packages aren't spectacular looking at all.  All you need is a decent-quality roll of paper.  My eldest daughter's wrapped gifts are works of art,  but I have neither the talent not the patience for that.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

How can she reasonably justify having a full time career herself, but her son not working and taking care of his family financially? How do they overlook the scriptures about a man not working? How do they biblically justify what Gothard says about men not working for anyone? It's not there. What makes that okay in any world? 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Luvmy300zx said:

How can she reasonably justify having a full time career herself, but her son not working and taking care of his family financially? How do they overlook the scriptures about a man not working? How do they biblically justify what Gothard says about men not working for anyone? It's not there. What makes that okay in any world? 

I think Derelict took that part about men not working for anyone literally.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Derelict took that part about men not working for anyone literally.

That poor rube.  He needs everything broken down & explained to him.  He should have kept his Pistol Pete gig.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, ariel said:

That poor rube.  He needs everything broken down & explained to him.  He should have keep his Pistol Pete gig.

He would have if he could. His glory days as Pistol Pete, before the real world landed on him. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Luvmy300zx said:

Because missionaries.  Cathy too believes the guff about how (a) you're supposed to give money to (b) get him overseas to do the work (it's somewhere on this thread). 

I'm guessing she hasn't actually known any others, since I believe every missionary I've ever known was working a "real job" until they got sponsorship and training.  Sitting around the house like mushrooms at a debutante ball waiting to be tapped on their shoulder by a sponsor-suitor, wasn't in any male missionary's wheelhouse that I recall.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I’m ELATED at anything that would trigger the Jim Bob Duggar Constipated Frog Face of Disapproval.

BWAHAHAHA!!!!! That's the funniest thing I've read! Love it. 

We put our tree up last weekend. I've had to resort to a fence around it. I used the play yard  type fencing that we got. My 19 month old twins won't leave it alone otherwise. No presents til Christmas eve after bedtime, as per family tradition. Good luck Jilly.. Keeping the kids out of the presents. I do like the tree. It looks pretty. 

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

I'm wondering if those are fake presents aka empty boxes, like the wrapped boxes under chrismas trees at the mall or in office building lobbies? 

A couple of years ago we got all ambitious at Christmas and put up a second tree in the 3-season porch, complete with an array of faux presents under it. My husband wrapped those. Because while I am actually a semi-professional artist and find craftsy stuff in general pretty easy, there's something about wrapping presents that leaves me with about 13 thumbs.

As Celia Rubenstein commented: 

Getting paper cut folded and taped to a box isn't rocket science. Even Jill could probably pull that off. And who knows what lumpy, raggedy seams have been turned to the back so you can't see them ?

That more or less describes my forays into gift wrap...It either comes out with lumpy seams, or the corners end up poking through the paper because I've tried to get it too tight. To say nothing of the patched bits where I've mis-estimated how much I would need to go all the way around the box and couldn't bring myself to scrap the length I'd already cut...I've come to the point over the years that I just rationalize by saying the main reason for gift wrap is mostly just the sense of having something to rip off the package before you find out what your present is anyway! Sometimes rocket science seems as though it might be the lesser evil...

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Mollie said:

Does she still work for Walmart?  I’m curious what her husband does, and what he thinks of this slow rolling fiasco. I wonder if it’s a point of contention for them or if he’s just as drunk on koolaid but knows to keep his mouth shut. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ariel said:

That poor rube.  He needs everything broken down & explained to him.  He should have kept his Pistol Pete gig.

I think he’s wishing he had. Those were the best days of his life, and it’s been all downhill from there. 

3 hours ago, queenanne said:

Because missionaries.  Cathy too believes the guff about how (a) you're supposed to give money to (b) get him overseas to do the work (it's somewhere on this thread). 

I'm guessing she hasn't actually known any others, since I believe every missionary I've ever known was working a "real job" until they got sponsorship and training.  Sitting around the house like mushrooms at a debutante ball waiting to be tapped on their shoulder by a sponsor-suitor, wasn't in any male missionary's wheelhouse that I recall.

Yes, and most of them are not celebrities who could easily bankroll their own missioncasions. Most missionaries actually need to raise the support in order to fund their work and travel! Huge difference that the dillwads fail to mention with their grifting. 

1 hour ago, lulu69 said:

I'm wondering if those are fake presents aka empty boxes, like the wrapped boxes under chrismas trees at the mall or in office building lobbies? 

This was my assumption. Just empty prop boxes for decoration. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, awaken said:

This was my assumption. Just empty prop boxes for decoration. 

But if they were going to go to the trouble of faking packages for display purposes, wouldn't you think they'd put a tiny bit more effort into making them look good?  Maybe spring for a second complementary roll of wrapping paper or 99 cents for a bag of bows?

Of course we're talking about the Dullards, though, so who knows.  These are the people who did their big "gender" reveal for Sam using mismatched raggedy old shit clothes that were sized for a six year old, remember.  Well planned visual presentations are not their strong suit.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, awaken said:

Does she still work for Walmart?  I’m curious what her husband does, and what he thinks of this slow rolling fiasco. I wonder if it’s a point of contention for them or if he’s just as drunk on koolaid but knows to keep his mouth shut. 

Cathy left Walmart in February, 2007, when she started working for a company which helps people get their products featured in Walmart stores.  In October, 2017, she posted this: "4 years 4 mos 4 days till I retire!"  Cathy is 60 years old.

I don't know about her husband.  He stays out of the limelight.  But what is really telling is that he seems to be ignored by Derick, Jill and Derick's brother.  They never mention him, wish him a happy birthday or indicate that he is part of their lives at all.  That's so strange since he's the one who stayed with Cathy all through her battle with cancer!

• Love 15
On 12/1/2017 at 0:20 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

@HooHooHoo, grateful to know you are still here after staring down the Big C. 

I’m fighting the good fight right now, so it’s affirming to hear from those to are still around to tell the tale.  Those on the board fighting cancer or having medical challenges, you’re all badass beautiful warriors!

Thank you @Arwen Evenstar  I am glad you have this board for support and distraction. I didn’t have anything like this ten years ago when I was fighting and I found it too hard to talk about much in “real life “.  Made it TOO real or something. Glad to hear you are winning your battle!

• Love 12

Dillwads "hosted" students from international ministry at the TTH, why not in their dark and cramped apartment? If the apartment is where God has placed them while they do the "good works", then host your guests there. If space is tight, so be it.

I realize the TTH is a step up only in size, it is still a filthy shit hole. Seems the huge abode might be initially impressive to the guests. Nothing like being pretentious DickWad and Muffy. Jim Boob didn't exactly work to pay for the entire abode considering TLC's (and others) contributions, but these two lazy asses will never have a house of their own unless someone kicks them in the ass and they go to work. What a hypocritical joke they are.

Edited by whydoiwatch
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Mollie said:

Cathy left Walmart in February, 2007, when she started working for a company which helps people get their products featured in Walmart stores.  In October, 2017, she posted this: "4 years 4 mos 4 days till I retire!"  Cathy is 60 years old.

I don't know about her husband.  He stays out of the limelight.  But what is really telling is that he seems to be ignored by Derick, Jill and Derick's brother.  They never mention him, wish him a happy birthday or indicate that he is part of their lives at all.  That's so strange since he's the one who stayed with Cathy all through her battle with cancer!

All very interesting. Thank you. 

5 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

Dillwads "hosted" students from international ministry at the TTH, why not in their dark and cramped apartment? If the apartment is where God has placed them while they do the "good works", then host your guests there. If space is tight, so be it.

I realize the TTH is a step up only in size, it is still a filthy shit hole. Seems the huge abode might be initially impressive to the guests. Nothing like being pretentious DickWad and Muffy. Jim Boob didn't exactly work to pay for the entire abode considering TLC's (and others) contributions, but these two lazy asses will never have a house of their own unless someone kicks them in the ass and they go to work. What a hypocritical joke they are.

Yes. Exactly.  Why try to appear more grand than where god has placed them?  

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have never seen Cathy mention her current husband on social media. No pictures either. Perhaps that's at his request. 

Ha. No birthday video or chocolate mess for him!  He’s missing out!

D-wreck liked my tweet!  Swoon!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have never seen Cathy mention her current husband on social media. No pictures either. Perhaps that's at his request. 

He was on one episode of Counting On. The Dullards went to either Dan & Deena's house or Cathy's house for dinner. Derick pretty much ignored Cathy's husband, barely acknowledging him with a handshake and as an after thought at that.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

And that is so stupid, because if Derrick had stayed at Walmart, they could be living indefinitely in an attractive, spacious McMansion! They would be so far ahead of the average young couple in terms of savings, and may have a shot at feasibly affording such a large family. I really expected them to be the practical, sensible couple, while Ben cleaned toilets. At least Ben has turned out to be a loving, involved father, and is in school! Derrick has turned out to be a total waste, and I have no doubt if jill could turn back time and go back to the TTH, she wouldn't even need a second to make up her mjnd!

• Love 14
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, ariel said:

I thought Dwerp worked for God by going out and trying to save the heathens of the world. I actually wish Dwerp's step father would come out and tell us what he thinks of Dwerp and the Duggar clan. He is one smart cookie by not getting involve with their crap. Of course, he may not want to rock the boat so to speak. In otherwords, just smile and nod a lot while thinking what a bunch of idiots they are.

Moody Bible Institute, and yes, he's doing an online program. Which one is anyone's best guess. I imagine he was able to transfer in a good number of units from community college pre-req courses, and he supposedly started this in the Fall of '16 (although how he got any work done when Henry was born in the Spring semester is anyone's best guess). Supposing he actually takes a full course load each semester and didn't need any pre-reqs, that means he'll be done this coming May. THEN we see where the rubber meets the road with him. I suspect he'll still work in some capacity at the church where he's currently interning in Siloam Springs, but I'd be surprised if he got a salaried position. Show income aside, I imagine his main source of income will remain via scrubbing Boob's toilets.

• Love 7

I've always had the impression Derelict would prefer his mother to have been the grieving widow all her days, instead of remarrying. My aunts and uncles were like that even though my grandmother had been divorced for almost thirty years before she remarried. They never accepted her second husband even though it was his pension that allowed her to loan them money. 

• Love 22