Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

She's due in July, so she should be somewhere around 24-26 weeks right now. It looks like another big baby. I hope she actually goes right to the hospital this time and doesn't risk another botched home birth. 

I hope she doesn't suffer from gestational diabetes .

• Love 1

Pupusas is some of our favorite food? 

SODRT grammar at work.  In English and Spanish, pupusa is singular. "Pupusas" is the plural.  For years I had NO idea what a pupusa was and thought the word was hilarious. I went on to make lots of Hispanic friends and later learned it was food.

• Love 3

Is their favorite take out food but they are clearly eating in a restaurant. And why isn't Israel sitting between them? Shit happens, chairs tilt when a wiggly one is well being a wiggly child. Those two just annoy me to no end.

Edited by SMama
13 hours ago, SMama said:

Ditzy Jilly would be so lucky to have reached an eight grade writing level. Word salad is all those two can produce. That and giant white babies to neglect. Makes sense given their apparent mental health status. 

12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

"8th graders"?  You've been exceedingly kind and generous, Lunera.  I've seen better writing from 4th graders.

That looked like one of the lessons we got in school to fix all the mistakes.  "How many mistakes can you find?" kind of thing.  

How did Dr Jill, Medicine Quack, check the lady's vitals??  Besides taking her pulse, did Jill have her BP cuff with her? Did she put on her glasses to look smart?  

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

How did Dr Jill, Medicine Quack, check the lady's vitals??  Besides taking her pulse, did Jill have her BP cuff with her? Did she put on her glasses to look smart?  

She used her "things"!

• Love 15
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

She used her "things"!

I guess Jill's training at the Acme School of Do-It-Yourself Baby Birthin' didn't include terminology like stethoscopes and we all know she couldn't spell sphygnomanometer even if she did know what one was.

Edited by doodlebug
I can't spell it either
  • Love 21
13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I would too, except I have a feeling that the rest of the Duggar clan would be just as stupid if they went to another country to live. I don't see any evidence that these are the ugliest Americans in the bunch. They're just the ones who've chosen a life that makes it obvious. Duggar idiocy seems pretty much all at the same level to me, based on what we've observed. 

Oh, no doubt all the Duggars would be just as awful, but that Jill and Derrick have the desire and the--I hate to use such a positive words as "drive" to describe them but can't think of another--to actually become sorta missionaries is what makes them the undisputed Worst Duggars Ever in my mind. (I don't count Josh because he's in another stratosphere.)

• Love 2

You think one of their followers would call Dr Jill out on not using her midwifery skills in Danger America.  Why can't she help out the referenced Medical Person instead of assisting Izzy make banana bread for his friends? In one of the pictures there's a kid with a sling on his arm.  Can't Pastor Dillard heal him with a prayer? Maybe that's next weeks sermon. 

• Love 6

I wonder if Dr. Jill made the sling the little boy is wearing in the picture above.

On second thought some effort went into actually having to make it so no. She probably just checked his blood pressure and prayed for him. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I work in a hospital.  I have never heard medical personnel--whether a Surgeon, Resident,  Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, RN, LPN, MSN or Tech ask anyone for "their things."

Well, that's because you work with real medical personnel and not a certified-pretend-to-be. 

• Love 10

Jill never mentioned anyone's name.  It was  "a lady", "three girls", a lady's daughter", a "lady's neighbor", some men, etc.   Is she so detached that she doesn't even bother learning their names FFS?   So disrespectful.  She is simply going through the motions and doesn't "have a heart" for anyone.  She is such a selfish person and she completely disgusts me. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Well, that's because you work with real medical personnel and not a certified-pretend-to-be. 

Sad to say, Jill is the medical expert in the Duggar clan lol

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Jill never mentioned anyone's name.  It was  "a lady", "three girls", a lady's daughter", a "lady's neighbor", some men, etc.   Is she so detached that she doesn't even bother learning their names FFS?   So disrespectful.  She is simply going through the motions and doesn't "have a heart" for anyone.  She is such a selfish person and she completely disgusts me. 

I'd like to think she doesn't mention their names because she is being respectful of their privacy; but, more likely, it's because they have furrin' names that she cannot pronounce, let alone spell.

• Love 14

Is "fellowshipping" even a word?

What is a "Pupusa", I've never heard of it. And there is some fruit she mentions that starts with a J I'm not sure what that is either.

Man, she is HUGE!  Well, I'll modify that to say her belly is huge.  She's got to be expecting twins (or more) if she's not due until July.  She's already bigger than I was full term (and I gained 50 pounds).  Conspiracy theorist in me:  would they do IVF if they thought they were having trouble conceiving?  I mean, I know they procreate like bunnies, and that twins run in their family, but if its more than twins.....

9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I'd like to think she doesn't mention their names because she is being respectful of their privacy; but, more likely, it's because they have furrin' names that she cannot pronounce, let alone spell.

I had considered that, but giving a first name wouldn't give them away.  Especially as she isn't mentioning their specific location (if she even knows what country she's in).   In addition, I seriously doubt she would even consider their privacy.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

What is a "Pupusa", I've never heard of it. And there is some fruit she mentions that starts with a J I'm not sure what that is either.

Man, she is HUGE!  Well, I'll modify that to say her belly is huge.  She's got to be expecting twins (or more) if she's not due until July.  She's already bigger than I was full term (and I gained 50 pounds).  Conspiracy theorist in me:  would they do IVF if they thought they were having trouble conceiving?  I mean, I know they procreate like bunnies, and that twins run in their family, but if its more than twins.....

A pupusa is a delicious Salvadoran dish.  It's sort of like a tortilla shell and has filling in it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pupusa

As far as how big she is, Jill is fairly short and short waisted, like the rest of the Duggars; she is always going to look bigger than average during pregnancy.

I also agree that Jill doesn't give half a shrug about anyone's privacy, it would never cross her mind.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

She doesn't mention anyone's name because she does know them. She hasn't bothered to get to know them. Seems like they had short interactions with a couple of people that probably lasted a few minutes or heard stories from others and wrote a whole "essay" about it making it all about them and their gospel. I bet they wouldn't have stopped for the woman having the asthma attack if they hadn't told them to and Jill probably just checked her temperature with the back of her hand and made up a whole story about how she used her "things" to examine her. But people will still send them money and pray for them even though they haven't done jack shit.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

Oh, yeah. It's a word in the Duggar milieu. Just like the various ridiculous things Duggars think of as "missions' and "ministry" are shared by many likeminded others. The Duggars don't do much -- or anything -- that's original. They're mostly following the crowd they run with, I think. I expect they get primarily approval -- and no surprise -- from their own people for most of the things that we see as outrageous, whether it's regarding Derick's dance mission or Bin's angry-god tweets, or Meeechelle's baby-voiced crap about blessings and "seasons of life." They didn't make any of it up. They're parroting a large group of people that most of us know not of. And I expect many of the others who use it -- not all, though -- are just thrilled to see that these guys are getting it on television.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Oh, yeah. It's a word in the Duggar milieu. Just like the various ridiculous things Duggars think of as "missions' and "ministry" are shared by many likeminded others. The Duggars don't do much -- or anything -- that's original. They're mostly following the crowd they run with, I think. I expect they get primarily approval -- and no surprise -- from their own people for most of the things that we see as outrageous, whether it's regarding Derick's dance mission or Bin's angry-god tweets, or Meeechelle's baby-voiced crap about blessings and "seasons of life." They didn't make any of it up. They're parroting a large group of people that most of us know not of. And I expect many of the others who use it -- not all, though -- are just thrilled to see that these guys are getting it on television.

I have recently become enamored of reno shows. I find, though, that I can't watch that Chip Gaines guy because everything that comes out of his mouth reminds me of Jim Bob. The accent is similar (to my British-Canadian ears) but it's the speech patterns, phrasing and vocabulary. It all just grates.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:
6 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Or it could be because none of the experiences she's bragging about really happened and she's just making a lot of this stuff up as she goes along to make it sound as if she and Derick are actually doing something down there.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Danger America!!!!!  (cue Mission Impossible theme song) NOW I know why their village is "dangerous."  It's because THESE 2 FRICKIN IDIOTS HAVE RELOCATED THERE!  If I was Jesus I'd sling an unfinished pinata at their noggins.

I work in a hospital.  I have never heard medical personnel--whether a Surgeon, Resident,  Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, RN, LPN, MSN or Tech ask anyone for "their things."

As a hairdresser I didn't even refer to my tools as 'things'!  Why can't I quit these fuckers???  

5 hours ago, Absolom said:

Isn't Jill the tallest at around 5'6"?  I think she may just have large babies plus she doesn't seem to try to work on her abs in between.

I was just going to say that.  I just googled because I am lame enough to care.  It said she was 5'5.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

OMG!  My uber religious uncle used that word for years when I was a kid.  This is not something new or special to the Duggars.  I HATE IT!!!

7 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Well, my doc says those doo-hickeys, so I guess he must be reputable.  I was thinking about looking for a new doc, cuz the back of the van gets so crowded during flu season.  :)

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Normades said:

OMG!  My uber religious uncle used that word for years when I was a kid.  This is not something new or special to the Duggars.  I HATE IT!!!

Well, my doc says those doo-hickeys, so I guess he must be reputable.  I was thinking about looking for a new doc, cuz the back of the van gets so crowded during flu season.  :)

Is it down by the river??

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

As a hairdresser I didn't even refer to my tools as 'things'!  Why can't I quit these fuckers???  

I was just going to say that.  I just googled because I am lame enough to care.  It said she was 5'5.  

Nah, Jana is about 5'4" and Jill is noticably taller. I think she once said she's 5'7". Definitely taller than all of her sisters, even Jessa/Jinger who are about 5'5".

• Love 2
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, Jana is about 5'4" and Jill is noticably taller. I think she once said she's 5'7". Definitely taller than all of her sisters, even Jessa/Jinger who are about 5'5".

I thought I had read that Jill was taller than 5'5 but then I saw that and quit looking.  Thanks for the accurate info!  

14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The first special said Jilly is 5'7", Smuggar is 6', Jana is 5'4", and I don't remember the rest of the Js. I wish I remembered what it said about Mullet so we could compare her present-day osteoporosed self. 

11 minutes ago, Anonymousie said:

The first special said Jilly is 5'7", Smuggar is 6', Jana is 5'4", and I don't remember the rest of the Js. I wish I remembered what it said about Mullet so we could compare her present-day osteoporosed self. 

Right. I took Jana's height straight from an old special. Smuggar was almost 18 at the time, so Jana would have been 16ish, and I'd say fully grown. Duggar girls seem to do puberty pretty early; Hannie's rack is already bigger than mine, and she's only 11! Jill was 14 and listed at 5'6 1/2". So probably not quite done growing, but almost. I also remember that Jessa was about as tall as her mother at 11is, uh (listed at 5'2"). Don't ask me how I remember this minutae; I do NOT watch these old specials (or any of the shows at all) on a loop. LOL

• Love 1

Jana is really tiny compared to everyone else. And she seems to like ankle boots with a heel. 

I wonder what other properties JB owns? I'm assuming Joe will live near home, and Joy will follow her headship. You'd think that Jessa would be embarrassed to not have a headship who can be followed. The Danger Couple will be back soon. So many useless people in need of lodging. 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I wonder what other properties JB owns? I'm assuming Joe will live near home, and Joy will follow her headship. You'd think that Jessa would be embarrassed to not have a headship who can be followed. The Danger Couple will be back soon. So many useless people in need of lodging. 

Apparently they're a huge help to God, though, according to other Duggars.

Am I hallucinating or do I remember some effusion from... maybe Meeechelle... about....maybe Jessa....singlehandedly bringing tens of thousands of young women to God? 

And I'm sure Jessa isn't alone in such accomplishments. ;  )

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

I don't think it's twins.  She was huge with Iz and he ended up being just one big baby.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

In Christian terms, it's an elevated form of visiting, where your conversation and behavior is loving and Godly, so when you part, everyone is refreshed and filled with a renewed spirit for Christ-like living.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

In Christian terms, it's an elevated form of visiting, where your conversation and behavior is loving and Godly, so when you part, everyone is refreshed and filled with a renewed spirit for Christ-like living.

That's the premise behind it, but I can only imagine with Duggars that it's boring and soul sucking draining.

• Love 9

So Jill follows a local woman around who not only does the outreach stuff, but manages to do so when Jill isn't there. I wonder if this is the woman we saw comforting the people crying while Jill sat aside and watched. Derick follows some sort of minister type person around to watch him work. Jill and Derick hand out tracks (pay attention you will be quizzed later),  and trade banana bread for fruit.

This is worth $24,000 

They probably are in a dangerous area, but why?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

That's the premise behind it, but I can only imagine with Duggars that it's boring and soul sucking draining.

Agreed, lol.  Speaking as the victim of many discussions and get-togethers proclaimed such after the fact, it's a meaningless catchall term that also manages to be vaguely condescending along the way, implying as it does that true "fellowship" can only be found in your insular self-congratulatory tribe, heathens not welcome, and isn't that grand because they would have ruined the boring sanctimonious "fellowshipping".  Many of the discussions proclaimed often veer into territories neither edifying, unique, or even exclusively Christian, unless you think it's likely that Christians have different conversations about plumbers or their local grocery stores, etc.; , except that you can be almost guaranteed that such an event will be drier than Prohibition, thus helping I suppose with the "not being provoked into unloving conversations or raised voices".  I take more of the view of the matter of this minister:

https://bible.org/seriespage/3-importance-fellowship-new-testament-church

Some of his suggestions:

giving to the needy, exercise of different spiritual gifts, support of missionaries, calls to different mission fields, corporate prayer, group worship, and in other ways.

I agree and understand sometimes the lines get blurred because that time post-church standing about the lobby drinking coffee, maybe buffet style eating of pot luck, etc., is also often described as "fellowship hour"; but a lot of Christians get complacent about it, in my experience.

• Love 8

I'm starting to loathe and abhor the Dullards just as much and perhaps even more than Smuggar, and that is saying something.

Lazy, clueless, selfish, uneducated, ignorant........feel free to ad to this.

Get a fucking job and a grip!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I'm starting to loathe and abhor the Dullards just as much and perhaps even more than Smuggar, and that is saying something.

#WorstMissionariesEver 

• Love 12

I can't get beyond the fifth grade level writing skills Jill presents.  Derek graduated college and has to have full awareness of what an idiot she is and how she presents. Why wouldn't he (or someone) vet the blathering she produces before posting it? This latest Jill display convinces me that the bloom is fully off the rose for him, he's depressed and resigned to his fate. 35+ years hooked to someone as shallow and dull as a puddle. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

So you're saying that, with Duggars, familiarity does not give us warmer feelings about them?  ;  )

11 minutes ago, Catfin said:

I can't get beyond the fifth grade level writing skills Jill presents.  Derek graduated college and has to have full awareness of what an idiot she is and how she presents. Why wouldn't he (or someone) vet the blathering she produces before posting it? This latest Jill display convinces me that the bloom is fully off the rose for him, he's depressed and resigned to his fate. 35+ years hooked to someone as shallow and dull as a puddle. 

I suppose that's the inevitable outcome of these unions. Divorce is not an option and, with Duggars, self-awareness leading to some attempt at self-improvement is not an option either. We're Duggars. We're better than everyone else already. 

• Love 8
On March 24, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Ripley68 said:

No. Even your everyday conservative Christian is typically anti-IVF for the same reason they're anti birth control/abortion: life starts at conception for them, and with the IVF process some embryos inevitably won't survive to even be implanted, while others might be destroyed if the parents to be choose pre-genetic determination. There's also the question of what to do with the frozen embryos once you're done having kids; sure you could continue to implant them octo mom style (not all at once of course), or even adopt them out, but the majority of the time the embryos end up frozen indefinitely, or forgotten and destroyed when storage payments lapse. Long story short, conservative Christians are anti IVF because it's considered contrary to the sanctity of life. This is before we even get into the conversation of "valid" modes of conception.

Ironically enough (in the eyes of fundies at least), the Catholic Church is aligned with a fertility treatment method that's dedicated to helping infertile couples of any religious background (married and heterosexual though of course ?) conceive "the way God intended" (as if He himself did not more or less artificially inseminate the Virgin Mary). Not to speculate but if Michael and Brandon Keilen are struggling with infertility, it may be an option for them. 

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 1

When I did marketing and fundraising for a nonprofit, I looked at other organizations I admired to see what they did. What percentage of their SM posts are appeals for donations vs education vs warm fuzzy stories? What was their phrasing or lingo? Etc. You get a feel for what works and what doesn't work by keeping up with what is current in your field. Jill would be well served to do some research on how to blog about being missionary. I can see why SOTDRT and limited permission of Internet access would preclude her from thinking along these lines. She's spent 10+ years of garnering attention just for walking in a room as a Duggar. She has no idea how sell it. Her posts are primarily about her and how her family is affected, not on how her family is effecting change. Numbers, Jill, people like numbers. How many ppl attend church? What percent increase is that from the last time you were there? How many people have been trained in pinata making? Give a specific example of how someone went through the pinata training is now able to provide for their family. Read, Jill, read!!

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

When I did marketing and fundraising for a nonprofit, I looked at other organizations I admired to see what they did. What percentage of their SM posts are appeals for donations vs education vs warm fuzzy stories? What was their phrasing or lingo? Etc. You get a feel for what works and what doesn't work by keeping up with what is current in your field. Jill would be well served to do some research on how to blog about being missionary. I can see why SOTDRT and limited permission of Internet access would preclude her from thinking along these lines. She's spent 10+ years of garnering attention just for walking in a room as a Duggar. She has no idea how sell it. Her posts are primarily about her and how her family is affected, not on how her family is effecting change. Numbers, Jill, people like numbers. How many ppl attend church? What percent increase is that from the last time you were there? How many people have been trained in pinata making? Give a specific example of how someone went through the pinata training is now able to provide for their family. Read, Jill, read!!

Whoa. Math is hard. Derick is a bookkeeper, but he obviously doesn't know about or want to keep records. Who cares when you have a big white baby to photograph among the natives?

Jill is media hopeless and big pregnant. Why don't the Dillwits just come home? Jim Bob is more than capable of supporting them. 

I'm diverted by politics at the moment, and these losers aren't worth too much time. 

• Love 6