Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

"short term team" of missionaries = spring breakers from bible belt 

I include Derick and Jill as part of the "short term team" of missionaries.

By the way, what happened to Derick in that Instagram photo where he is reading a pamphlet with another American tourist?  First, he lost the flesh on his arms.  Now, he has no chest.  No chest at all.  He seems to be disintegrating.

0 0 Derick.png

• Love 3

Derick looks like he should be in hospice care. What the hell is wrong with him? If I had to guess, I'd bet on some kind of intransigent intestinal parasite. He's gone full-on Mosquito Coast.

• Love 8
On 3/13/2017 at 9:22 AM, Lady Edith said:

I don't think that's a child.  Zoom in...to me, it looks like an old (er) woman.  She has breasts!!!  And isn't that Pastor Mike behind them?  And why is Dreck carrying her?  Isn't touching the leg and waist reserved for righteously fulfilling hey hey hey, and not baptism in the ocean?

So many questions!!!!

I think it's the mother of the boy they baptized. She was mentioned in one of the paragraphs.  Sorry, too lazy to go back & check. 

16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Shouldn't he be out with a sickle making his way to the thatched roof huts that kind folks let 'the poor people' live in?

He uses  the sickle to make his way on the path to the Walmart.

• Love 8

I'd be so bothered if I was spending my precious free time off work relaxing in the park and some sickly white man came up to me and started preaching to me in I language I didn't understand. 

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, awaken said:

FYI, Lawson bates is delivering shoes and water filters to those in Haiti. He may be beating D-wreck in the good works and serving people category. 

Sounds like he IS beating him, by a lot!!!

• Love 2

I suppose Nathan went with. Who else would have taken the sweet, precious picture of him with a poor little brown child? 

I can be a little sarcastic here because I've seen the Bates kids working in the Philippines, doing real stuff like handing out medical supplies/assisting in administering SHOTS in a real (albeit likely IBLP) clinic. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

I didn't know about the shots, Sew.  Very interesting.  So far afield from the Duggar/Dills, et al.  It astounds me how little they do, and justify their lack of effort in improving lives, by using the bible.  Shocking.

• Love 1
On 3/13/2017 at 2:21 PM, WhineandCheez said:

I love that place! Lucky duck. Do you have a little tent??

No, I lived in an apartment on Main Ave for a couple of years before I bought a house out in Neptune Township proper.  My buddy used to be the guy who put all of the tents up and took them down though.

On 3/13/2017 at 0:22 PM, questionfear said:

You're good...the Duggars would never get that close to Asbury Park. Josiah might wander into a tea dance. ;)

Oh, that would be fantastic!  Josiah at Paradise.  That would be a VSE worth watching.  

On 3/13/2017 at 6:28 PM, Petrichor said:

Derick looks like he should be in hospice care. What the hell is wrong with him? If I had to guess, I'd bet on some kind of intransigent intestinal parasite. He's gone full-on Mosquito Coast.

I dunno, dude's always been slim.  Could just be the angle.  I actually think he looks better in this picture than he has some others.  But then again, he's not looking at the camera and has sunglasses on.

• Love 2

I think someone answered this question already...there are SO MANY men doing the baptism so they ALL get credit for baptizing someone.  Really, one person is adequate in a baptismal for a submersion baptism.  Out in the open water, two is adequate.  If the water is so rough, that you need ten men, maybe you need to rethink the safety of the baptism. 

This crowd of missionaries is simply so they can get bragging rights. It's obnoxious. Is it a spiritual event or a show off? 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Lemur said:

Oh, that would be fantastic!  Josiah at Paradise.  That would be a VSE worth watching.  

HAHAHA. I think the only thing better would be Jim Bob's face. 

Back on topic, I think Derrick looks slightly less unhealthy with shorter hair. The long hair seemed to draw attention to how skinny he was. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

This crowd of missionaries is simply so they can get bragging rights. It's obnoxious. Is it a spiritual event or a show off? 

Everything the Duggars and their ilk do is about showing off how much better, more godly, more modest, etc. they are than the rest of us poor heathens. If you can't show it off, I'm sure they don't do it.

• Love 8

Ugh.  The leghumpers are sure out in full force, aren't they?  The Dillys are working to evangelize a group of people who are already Christian!  How is this hard work?  They are LITERALLY preaching to the choir.  But I guess if they aren't the "right" type of Christian they have to be shown the err of their ways.  

Smh.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Ugh.  The leghumpers are sure out in full force, aren't they?  The Dillys are working to evangelize a group of people who are already Christian!  How is this hard work?  They are LITERALLY preaching to the choir.  But I guess if they aren't the "right" type of Christian they have to be shown the err of their ways.  

Smh.

Oh, don't worry.  The Dillards don't speak Spanish, so the locals don't understand what they are saying anyway.

0 0 1 A.jpg

• Love 12

Oh my God. Is it possible to be this stupid and oblivious? That poor teenage girl who seized and died after hitting her head on a rock? Meh, minor tragedy. "Praise the Lord, she accepted Jesus into her heart in 2016" otherwise she might be burning in hell right now. I guess it never occurred to the Dullards to use some of their funds to get her to a doctor, especially considering they knew her history. But they did have plenty of time to celebrate Derick's birthday. Dead children and red velvet cake! Another successful mission on the books!

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 21

I hate them the most, truly.

" I know these girls have heard the gospel before, but when I asked them specific questions about what it meant, they couldn’t answer."....umm maybe because they DONT SPEAK ENGLISH? And you don't speak spanish???? Fuck Jill barely speaks english as it is. 

I just can't. Dillards have opportunities here to actually help ( hey why the fuck not pack a million suitcases  full of medical supplies and food? I mean, they had no problem stuffing suitcases full of hobby lobby shit to Laredo) and bring them down and then leave. 

The icing on the cake is that they don't even realize that their moronic blog posts actually just highlight how useless and stupid their whole mission is. 

• Love 21

The natives probably speak better English than all the Duggars put together. Instead of trying to turning the girl to Jesus in order to save her, they should have tried to get her the best medical care or get better medical supplies or a medical team who may have been able to help her with her seizure disorder. Do they really think they are actually helping people. Get a grip, get a life, get a brain Derick and Jill.

Skills = making pinatas? I don't get it, is that a way for the girls to make money and they honestly don't know how? Did Jill just horn into another woman's "ministry" and make it all about her? 

10 years ago, when I was attending church, a missionary family from our area was in Africa, where we had a college to train locals to be preachers to their own people. We raised money to buy treadle sewing machines so the new pastor's wives could help support their family. Missionaries from this church, in other countries, run free clinics and after school programs. They help stop sex trafficking and support/educate women so they aren't victimized. Long-term missionaries are expected to be reasonably fluent in the local language and to show respect for the culture and country. 

Edited by Nysha
I know that Africa is a large continent with many countries, I just can't remember what country they were in.
  • Love 6

"We learned that one of the young girls from this village who has been coming to the weekly skills training (painting and learning to make piñatas have been their most recent skills), died a few weeks ago. She was only in her early teens, but had lived a hard life. Her mom is in prison and the girl had a very hard time with this. She started having seizures and during one of these recent episodes she fell and hit her head on a rock and died. Most people say she died of a broken heart. It was a sad moment for the village. Praise the Lord though, that as a result of the ongoing work in this village, this girl had prayed to receive Jesus into her heart at the end of 2016. Because the girl didn’t get to finish her piñata she was working on when she passed, the other children are planning to finish it together in honor of their friend. Please be praying for the lady who helps teach the skills training and the children, who lost their friend."

I'm at a loss for words.

• Love 17

I guess the poor girl could not get the evilness out of her because according to the Duggar clan it can bring on many problems if the person does not turn to Jesus the right way. If she would have turn to Jesus the Duggar way, she probably would be alive today, and the evil seizures would have went away with praying and reading the bible. I do not mean to offend anyone who does deal with seizures and/or has family members who has a seizure disorder. I have family members with seizure disorders, but the way Derick and Jill speak about the poor girl makes me see red. Makes me want to slap the crap out of both of them. Talk about a couple of self-righteous, obnoxious, know it all, hypocritical types. All I can say is send out the search party for the both of them because they are so far from reality they need some major help to get back to the real world.

34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She started having seizures and during one of these recent episodes she fell and hit her head on a rock and died. Most people say she died of a broken heart. 

She clearly died because of the injury to her head! I hate these fucken idiots! They write like a couple of 8th graders who are writing their first essay. All filler and nonsense.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Skills = making pinatas? I don't get it, is that a way for the girls to make money and they honestly don't know how? Did Jill just horn into another woman's "ministry" and make it all about her? 

10 years ago, when I was attending church, a missionary family from our area was in Africa, where we had a college to train locals to be preachers to their own people. We raised money to buy treadle sewing machines so the new pastor's wives could help support their family. Missionaries from this church, in other countries, run free clinics and after school programs. They help stop sex trafficking and support/educate women so they aren't victimized. Long-term missionaries are expected to be reasonably fluent in the local language and to show respect for the culture and country. 

I've never seen piñatas in El Salvador, I don't think they are culturally relevant there, nor would there be much market for them. I think this is an appropriation of Mexican culture by dumbass** who think that one Spanish speaking Central American country is the same as the next.

I do agree that pupusas are delicious.

And, yes, if it wasn't part of their mission back in 2016 to help that unfortunate young woman to get appropriate medical care including anti-seizure medications; then they've got no right to brag about how she found their version of Jesus before she died unnecessarily.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 14

It's so sad that they don't at least steer people who are ill toward medical care. 

"The lady" - how disrespectful. How about Senora L or something? 

So basically Jill and Izzy go door-to-door trading bread for fruit, and Derick plays a few pick-up basketball games, preaches now & again and does impromptu Bible studies when their "speakers" and "anticipated crowds" don't show up. 

I'm thinking of sending $1000.00 to them. Bless their hearts.

• Love 17

Ditzy Jilly would be so lucky to have reached an eight grade writing level. Word salad is all those two can produce. That and giant white babies to neglect. Makes sense given their apparent mental health status. 

• Love 9

So, the 'missionaries' planned a conference, anticipated a crowd, and nobody showed up, not even the two speakers they booked.  How disappointing, because it was in a "dangerous village" and the Dillards must have risked their lives just being there.  But, nevermind.  The Big White Toddler found three brown kids to play with and the Dillards shared a Bible story and snacks with them. 

A local girl dropped dead from a seizure, which was really sad because she didn't finish the piñata she was making.  But, that wasn't too bad because the girl was already converted and the village children will finish the piñata.  (Yes, she really said all of that.)  Jill then quizzed three little girls on the Jesus lesson she gave on her last visit.  None could answer the questions correctly.  So, Jill left them with a religious tract and threated to come back and quiz them next time.  Maybe Jill needs to learn to be a better teacher; maybe she could take a course or something.  Or, maybe Jill should stop pestering children and pick on someone her own size.

Derick tags along with a local paster visiting his flock.  Derick sees the paster's success.  The abililty to speak Spanish is probably a factor.

"Sometimes we get to help deliver food to families in the area."  Then, Jill confessed that they were actually handing out "treats."  They didn't find the family they were looking for at the family's home, but later saw them at the local grocery store.  (I guess they already got the food they needed.)

Derick likes to play basketball with locals who speak a little English.

Derick was driving when people started yelling at him to pull over.  The locals took an older woman out of the truck and called the local medical director to come check her out.  Turns out, she just needed an inhaler.  Jill and Derick proved to be utterly useless, but would like you to be impressed: "Hopefully, sharing these stories gives you a glimpse into our ministry and lives here serving Christ."  

The locals feel sorry for the Dillard White Family and, at the almost nightly services at the local paster's church, bring them food: jocotes, avocados, mangos, bananas etc.  (No doubt, the locals have noticed that Derick is severly underweight.) On the way home, the Dillards buy their favorite food at a local restaurant and sneak it home to eat. (Just more proof that they don't live in the wilds.)

But, DONATE!

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 24
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

The Dullards posted an update on their site. They've basically done next to nothing while down there. 

http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/158744477394/dillard-family-update-wowjill-is-big-already

Couple of things stood out to me.  Using lady rather than woman bugged.  And what the heck is Jill doing checking vitals?  If I applied normal standards to her writing I am sure there would be more to bug me but apparently I am feeling generous.

16 minutes ago, Mollie said:

So, the 'missionaries' planned a conference, anticipated a crowd, and nobody showed up, not even the two speakers they booked.  How disappointing, because it was in a "dangerous village" and the Dillards must have risked their lives just being there.  But, nevermind.  The Big White Todler found three brown kids to play with and the Dillards shared a Bible story and snacks with them. 

A local girl dropped dead from a seizure, which was really sad because she didn't finish the piñata she was making.  But, that wasn't too bad because the girl was already converted and the village children will finish the piñata.  (Yes, she really said all of that.)  Jill then quizzed three little girls on the Jesus lesson she gave on her last visit.  None could answer the questions correctly.  So, Jill left them with a religious tract and threated to come back and quiz them next time.  Maybe Jill needs to learn to be a better teacher; maybe she could take a course or something.  Or, maybe Jill should stop pestering children and pick on someone her own size.

Derick tags along with a local paster visiting his flock.  Derick sees the paster's success.  The abililty to speak Spanish is probably a factor.

"Sometimes we get to help deliver food to families in the area."  Then, Jill confessed that they were actually handing out "treats."  They didn't find the family they were looking for at the family's home, but later saw them at the local grocery store.  (I guess they already got the food they needed.)

Derick likes to play basketball with locals who speak a little English.

Derick was driving when people started yelling at him to pull over.  The locals took an older woman out of the truck and called the local medical director to come check her out.  Turns out, she just needed an inhaler.  Jill and Derick proved to be utterly useless, but would like you to be impressed: "Hopefully, sharing these stories gives you a glimpse into our ministry and lives here serving Christ."  

The locals feel sorry for the Dillard White Family and, at the almost nightly services at the local paster's church, bring them food: jocotes, avocados, mangos, bananas etc.  (No doubt, the locals have noticed that Derick is severly underweight.) On the way home, the Dillards buy their favorite food at a local restaurant and sneak it home to eat. (Just more proof that they don't live in the wilds.)

But, DONATE!

How about this.  The girls quiz Jill on the history of where she is living right now.  

• Love 18

Worst missionaries ever!!! The life skill is making a damn pinata?! WTF....oh and poor girl falls during a seizure, hits her head and dies from a traumatic brain injury. But wait!!!! Don't be sad....she loved Jesus. Turn that frown upside down. Oh and Izzy makes banana bread? Shut up Jill...no he doesn't, he's a damn toddler. Take your tracks and shove them up your lazy asses.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

She clearly died because of the injury to her head! I hate these fucken idiots! They write like a couple of 8th graders who are writing their first essay. All filler and nonsense.

"8th graders"?  You've been exceedingly kind and generous, Lunera.  I've seen better writing from 4th graders.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I hate them the most, truly.

I would too, except I have a feeling that the rest of the Duggar clan would be just as stupid if they went to another country to live. I don't see any evidence that these are the ugliest Americans in the bunch. They're just the ones who've chosen a life that makes it obvious. Duggar idiocy seems pretty much all at the same level to me, based on what we've observed. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, wait.what said:

That thing on tumblr: it's a joke right? Jill didn't really write that, did she?

At the beginning there is a picture of the Bates and Duggars, so it's just a parody, right? 

Check-out the Dillard Family Blog. It's there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wait.what said:

That thing on tumblr: it's a joke right? Jill didn't really write that, did she?

At the beginning there is a picture of the Bates and Duggars, so it's just a parody, right? 

It's on their website but I linked it from Tumblr because I hate giving their site any hits.

• Love 8