Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Jessa is due in February, Jill in July, I peg Jinger for a late summer or Autumn baby and if Joy marries by March then she'll have a Christmas 2017 baby...With Jessa pregnant again!

Edited by Caracoa1
Spelling
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

I've been computer-less for 3 days, so catching up:

Cathy's nativity set up looked weird to me...why is there a really large candle between the wise men and the crèche?  The kiss pic looks fine to me, upper lip between the others lips -nothing odd about that. Better than a sloppy one.  Thought Cathy's stocking were cute, and Iz looked adorbs in the family pic.

I'm pretty sure the teeny baby pics are the unfortunate Miscarriage Michelle had, they talked about the pics in the episode, and I think might have even had some video of them being taken.

In the CA video, I didn't make it far because I'm at work, but loved the matching shirts on Jill and the random native.

I have to say, I find it a little perplexing everyone losing their minds about Jessa and Jill having second kids.  Think about friends that have more than one kid, and how many of those kids are 18 months-2 1/2 years apart?  Jessa may be a little soon -I'm not sure how far apart Sprug and spurgette are going to be.  I will say, they better be sure to get good health care this time, and I really hope they both go to the hospital.

I like the pic of Jill and Derick with his hair down. They both look relaxed and happy.

But they WON'T get good health care this timer, or go tithe hospital unless it's via 911. They both had very traumatic births and we told to wait longer than usual between pregnancies. And they don't have jobs.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Hey now I beginning to think we've been too hard on them.  When we find out that they are naming there baby "DONATE,"  we'll fel bad. Here, they were just trying to tell us baby Donate was coming via their website, and we were thinking they were grifters that don't want to work!

There you go!  If it's a boy, he'll be (sounding it out here) DOH - nah - tay.  If it's a girl, she'll be Doh - na - TAY.  They can make up some crap as to the origion and meaning of the name, and act all hurt and persecuted when people don't get giddy over their schtick.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

jill-duggar.jpg?w=1500

Press photos for a tv show in 1993?

My Two Dads (are going to hell)

Blossom: The Opiate Years

They'll milk this new baby for all its worth and that sickens me. Sad drifters through life.

Why is his knee shoved into her pregnant belly? Shouldn't she be displaying it?

2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

jill-duggar.jpg?w=1500

Press photos for a tv show in 1993?

My Two Dads (are going to hell)

Blossom: The Opiate Years

They'll milk this new baby for all its worth and that sickens me. Sad drifters through life.

Why is his knee shoved into her pregnant belly? Shouldn't she be displaying it?

• Love 8

Does anyone else notice that almost any time Jessa and Ben post, they include Spurgeon? It seems like any video or photo Jill and Derick post is just of the two of them. Occasionally there will be a photo of one of them with Izzy, and sometimes a photo posted by Cathy, but I think it's very telling of the dynamics of those two families. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ripley68 said:

I have to say, I find it a little perplexing everyone losing their minds about Jessa and Jill having second kids.  Think about friends that have more than one kid, and how many of those kids are 18 months-2 1/2 years apart?  

Speaking only for myself, having more children at their young age when they don't have anything resembling jobs, let alone careers, means they're relying on the Michelle/Boob school of reality television breeding-for-dollars economic plan, which means another passel of uneducated, poorly nurtured kids being held hostage to the Duggars' inability to find any sense with both hands and a flashlight.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Zahdii said:

That's what the Lost Girls are for, Josie excepted.  I'm sure Jana has already been tasked with training the.

Maybe that's why Michelle mentioned Jordyn's love of babies in the poor girl's birthday video. Because they're planning on farming her out to Jill as soon as the new 'blessing' arrives.

• Love 2

Even better idea...send jenny to her buddy Jill's, send Jordyn to her buddy Jessa's, and let Johanna take on all duties at the TTH!

22 minutes ago, Malvina said:

It occurred to me that this is all we've really seen or heard from the Vuolos since their honeymoon. This gives me hope that if Jana is ready to be married, but just doesn't want a lot of attention, maybe Jinger can set a precedent for having a little privacy. 

• Love 2

I think Jill and Derrick may have purposely waited to get pregnant once they were home from DA. I had a baby this July and got pregnant the previous October (and announced at Christmas). I think they may have either abstained, used protection, or used natural family planning while in DA so as to not have to worry about Zika. Maybe Derrick put his foot down and said they were either using condoms/doing "pull out and pray"/etc. Maybe they even wanted Jill to have some time to recover from Izzy's birth.

Maybe they're smarter than we give them credit for?!!! 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Same old stuff - they can barely put two sentences together. Why can't they just congratulate them in person?  

Congratulating in private would mean they weren't famewhoring. EVERYONE must know their business!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I posted a link about the Central America video yesterday. Now it makes sense. They never plan on going back. It was their "hasta la vista Danger America"  magnus opus. 

Maybe they'll be exploring "the mission field" in Hawaii next. Those people need Jesus, too!

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Poor Jill. She's not a bad looking girl, but she has to be one of the most unphotogenic people I've ever seen in my life. All Derick  needs is the requisite black Doc Martens to complete his early 90s Straight Outta Seattle grunge look.

The only people here who are still rockin' the grunge looks are those who've been holed up in their mom's basement since 1995 or so. Maybe Triple D is going to join a Nirvana tribute band or something.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Not to defend Jill, but they're really not announcing that early. My daughter was born in early July and we announced at Christmas. I was past the 12 week mark by then (I think I was 14 or 15 weeks along) which is when you are less likely to miscarry. I don't know when in July their baby is due, but I'm guessing she's close to 12 weeks along, give or take.

When I saw the announcement, I was actually surprised they waited so long to announce. 

This makes me think she has suffered a miscarriage in the past and wanted to wait until after the first trimester to announce. As much as I like to rag on the Duggars, I'm happy for Jill as I'm sure she's experiencing a huge wave of euphoric relief to be back in the baby making game officially. Because of their religious beliefs, I'm sure Jill has been begging and crying out to God for a successful pregnancy for a solid year, so I really hope all continues to go well with this pregnancy and she is able to deliver a happy baby without too much trauma.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

If they're smart, they are. They should be smart enough not to return to active Zika areas while Jill is pregnant.

Not sure why this is in ALL CAPS AND UNDER THIS QUOTE BOX. bUT, I WANTED TO MAKE THE ASSERTION (AGAIN, NOW WITH DEFINITY) THAT THESE PEOPLE WILL NEVER GO ON ANOTHER "MISSION," EVER. they are even lazier than I am, but I have a medical excuse. 
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

If they're smart, they are. They should be smart enough not to return to active Zika areas while Jill is pregnant.

Not sure what happened with my post above...glitchy board stuff.

I just wanted to add that with this new "blessing." the Dullards will never return to Danger America. They like the McMansions Boob gives them too much. With that video yesterday about their "mission" time, I said it might be a good-bye, and it also appears that they were pretty much failures, other than showing off the Big White Baby. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

I've been computer-less for 3 days, so catching up:

Cathy's nativity set up looked weird to me...why is there a really large candle between the wise men and the crèche?  The kiss pic looks fine to me, upper lip between the others lips -nothing odd about that. Better than a sloppy one.  Thought Cathy's stocking were cute, and Iz looked adorbs in the family pic.

I'm pretty sure the teeny baby pics are the unfortunate Miscarriage Michelle had, they talked about the pics in the episode, and I think might have even had some video of them being taken.

In the CA video, I didn't make it far because I'm at work, but loved the matching shirts on Jill and the random native.

I have to say, I find it a little perplexing everyone losing their minds about Jessa and Jill having second kids.  Think about friends that have more than one kid, and how many of those kids are 18 months-2 1/2 years apart?  Jessa may be a little soon -I'm not sure how far apart Sprug and spurgette are going to be.  I will say, they better be sure to get good health care this time, and I really hope they both go to the hospital.

I like the pic of Jill and Derick with his hair down. They both look relaxed and happy.

That's the firepit :) The shepherds will roast one of the lambs on it later (more useful than Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh, no?)

• Love 6

Derick is starting to remind me of a child who gets into mischief because he doesn't have enough constructive activities to keep his mind occupied. Maybe it's time to update the LinkedIn and start looking for a job, Triple D. Idle hands are the Devil's workshop, right? Or does that only apply to non-Duggars?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

There you go!  If it's a boy, he'll be (sounding it out here) DOH - nah - tay.  If it's a girl, she'll be Doh - na - TAY.  They can make up some crap as to the origion and meaning of the name, and act all hurt and persecuted when people don't get giddy over their schtick.

Watch them name their next child Jerusalem. Boy or girl.

34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh Derick, never change. And think about the death penalty. I asked him to, I'll probably be banned inside of 15 minutes. 

I am dying to ask him to give me a call when he misses a period.

• Love 15

Ok, so how's she gonna top Israel and Spugeon, name-wise? Roewadia TelAviv Dillard? Zacharias Zika Zygote Dillard? El Salvador Messiah Dillard?  Saint Michelle Arkansas Dillard?

If it's a boy just name it after Dericks dad and be done with it. If it's a girl, Catheee.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, lascuba said:

Guys, stop saying that the Duggars will never adopt. They'll take that as a dare and next thing we know they'll be emptying out Danger American orphanages.

In all seriousness, there is no shortage of shady adoption agencies, especially the Christian ones specializing in international adoptions that the Duggars would use. They could adopt relatively easily if they wanted to.

I pretty sure the babies in Danger America aren't white enough for them. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

HEE!!! 

Hey now I beginning to think we've been too hard on them.  When we find out that they are naming there baby "DONATE,"  we'll fel bad. Here, they were just trying to tell us baby Donate was coming via their website, and we were thinking they were grifters that don't want to work!

They're Spanish speakers now. The name will be Donar.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Ok, so how's she gonna top Israel and Spugeon, name-wise? Roewadia TelAviv Dillard? Zacharias Zika Zygote Dillard? El Salvador Messiah Dillard?  Saint Michelle Arkansas Dillard?

If it's a boy just name it after Dericks dad and be done with it. If it's a girl, Catheee.

I'm giving this post 100 likes right now just for making me giggle throughout. Good job I'd already finished my wine, or a new keyboard might have been in order.

Roewadia has GOT to be the new Fundy Name of the Year!

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh Derick, never change. And think about the death penalty. I asked him to, I'll probably be banned inside of 15 minutes. 

Not to be all crazy speculating but ... maybe they've had an ultrasound and the baby shows a Zika type abnormality. Jill's flesh & heart post combined with this one is odd when they're announcing a new pregnancy.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not to be all crazy speculating but ... maybe they've had an ultrasound and the baby shows a Zika type abnormality. Jill's flesh & heart post combined with this one is odd when they're announcing a new pregnancy.

Oh, that's a bummer of a speculation, but definitely within the realm of possibility...I certainly hope that's not the case.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Do they do ultrasounds for other things than jender revealing purposes? Are both sisters planning another home birth or are they doing the smart thing and give birth at the hospital.

• Love 1

Okay....I'll go with someone elses body...that is attached to your body through a cord and siphoning everything that keeps it alive through that cord - would die without that cord, not to mention the protective 'bubble' its in that is attached to your body.  And all the stuff that 'someone elses body' is doing to your body.

• Love 3

Stick Chick is carrying a Giant White Baby (see Izzy Dillard), but she doesn't appear to have a uterus to contain it. Giant White Baby's Head is sticking into her rear end. Good luck, Stick Chick. You're going to need it. 

Edited by BradandJanet
typo
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think Jill and Derrick may have purposely waited to get pregnant once they were home from DA. I had a baby this July and got pregnant the previous October (and announced at Christmas). I think they may have either abstained, used protection, or used natural family planning while in DA so as to not have to worry about Zika. Maybe Derrick put his foot down and said they were either using condoms/doing "pull out and pray"/etc. Maybe they even wanted Jill to have some time to recover from Izzy's birth.

Maybe they tried anal. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I thought it was recommended to wait 6 months after traveling to a Zika area?

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 2

I hope both Jessa and Jill deliver in a hospital this time around.  I don't see how anything else could be medically advisable considering their birth experiences the first time around.

What number Duggar Grandchild will we have to be on before each new pregnancy ceases to be news?  Isn't Baby Dillard 2.0 going to be #8?  How interesting can it be when people whose only claim to fame is their fertility keep getting pregnant?  I understand how it is important to them and their families, but why should it be important to the rest of the world?

Edited by Libby96
  • Love 9

Did Jill and Derick actually do a video together to announce this pregnancy? I can't seem to find one. And why is Derick hiding Jill's stomach with his leg in that still photo? It's an odd pose for them.

Edit: Okay, never mind. I remember seeing the video now where she took all the pregnancy tests. I still think that photo is weird though.

Edited by Patricia07
Loss of memory

I have to say I'm slightly surprised they're pregnant. Derick just doesn't look that - um - virile? But for all the snark, I am glad that they are both healthy. Though when did they return from Central America? Maybe they did purposefully decline to conceive in Central America, but didn't they get back just a few months ago. If she's at 3 months, she was pregnant in September? I thought if you were returning from a zika zone, you're supposed to wait for a long time -- like 6 months. I think the mother can be tested to see if she contracted zika/is a carrier, but I think you have to wait bc zika can live in sperm for months.

How could she NOT have medical care this time around? Didn't she have a ridiculously long/dangerous labor followed by an emergency C-section? I can't remember which birth was hers and which was Jessa's -- I don't think she was the one that had a transfusion after; I thought she was the one with the C-section. Haven't had kids so I don't know for sure, but isn't delivering normally after a c section a BIG deal even in the hospital with medical care? I know a few women who have wanted to try it and there were strict dr. instructions - as in - at the first sign of x or y symptom, there will be a repeat c section, we just can't risk it. How on earth could you risk it at home without doctors, medical equipment, an operating room, and a team full of MDs standing by just in case!?

56 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

What number Duggar Grandchild will we have to be on before each new pregnancy ceases to be news?

I think Jill's and Jessa's second pregnancies will garner a lot of attention simply because their first deliveries were so dramatic and dangerous. Will they learn from their previous mistakes and take sensible precautions? Or will they be stupid and arrogant and put themselves in harm's way for no good reason again? And if they do, will they be lucky enough to escape disaster again this time?  If they make it through their deliveries without drama, then public interest in any subsequent pregnancies will diminish.

After her appalling televised toilet birth, public interest in Anna's pregnancies diminished with each uneventful delivery.  Eventually, they all seemed to blend together. But if she gets pregnant again (I should probably make that "when", not "if"), she'll get a lot of attention because of the scandals that have rocked her marriage.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Do they do ultrasounds for other things than jender revealing purposes? Are both sisters planning another home birth or are they doing the smart thing and give birth at the hospital.

Bingo. Jill won't u/s until 20 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bingo. Jill won't u/s until 20 weeks. 

I think it's possible that Jill will have an 11 week ultrasound.  She should be under some kind of medical care and she still has a high Zika risk, even if she tests negative.  Even if she and Derick are that dumb, Cathy isn't.  I imagine there's a lot of pressure to do things right this time, so to speak.

• Love 1

That would be all well and true if they had just returned from DA. They came back in friggin August. I don't think there's any Zika risk for them conceiving even in early October. They had plenty of time to be tested for Zika between these dates. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That would be all well and true if they had just returned from DA. They came back in friggin August. I don't think there's any Zika risk for them conceiving even in early October. They had plenty of time to be tested for Zika between these dates. 

I think they're advising men to wait 6 months now if they've been in a Zika country. The initial advisory was only to wait 2 months if you had no symptoms which would make August to Oct ok - but given that they're just now learning about the virus and how long it can live in men even if you're a symptomatic and don't test positive - why on earth would you risk it when you could just wait 4 extra months?!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Testing doesn't matter with females.  It can be transmitted in sperm for up to six months, without symptomatic activity.  If she's having sex with Derick, she's going to be treated as a Zika risk until the end of the pregnancy.  That means regular testing and more growth ultrasounds.  The smartest thing for them to do is use condoms until the end of her pregnancy, but we all know that's not going to happen.

• Love 2

I wonder about pee stick announcements.  Back when you had to go to the doctor to get confirmation, you at least had a less chance of knowing about these very early miscarriages.  So what happens if in a couple of weeks she takes another pee test just to feel the thrill again, and poof, no pregnancy.  Gone the way of J Caleb, no ammo box, no funeral.

• Love 2