Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Jill's Shit Fertilizer would need to have a shit-off with Jessa's Diaper Mountain.

Jill’s special recipe vs 6 fundamentalists, 1 toilet. That face off could save the show!

• LOL 4
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

Jill's Shit Fertilizer would need to have a shit-off with Jessa's Diaper Mountain.

I actually once had someone, in all seriousness, recommend using human shit as fertilizer to me. She was Dutch, though I am pretty sure that has nothing to do with her concept of gardening. I've never recovered from that conversation, and my laughing in her face really pissed her off. 

There's someone I follow on IG who is convinced that menstrual blood is great fertilizer and rubs it all over her plants and also her face because she's convinced it makes her skin glow. 

18 minutes ago, Zella said:

I actually once had someone, in all seriousness, recommend using human shit as fertilizer to me.

I was once watching a NatGeo documentary about Ancient Rome, and they used to collect wagons of human waste and haul it out to the farmlands to fertilize crops. 

I'm hoping Jill has limits to her hippie-crunchiness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I was once watching a NatGeo documentary about Ancient Rome, and they used to collect wagons of human waste and haul it out to the farmlands to fertilize crops. 

I'm hoping Jill has limits to her hippie-crunchiness.

It's been done in a lot of countries, including Japan. You do what you have to do (pun not intended). 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

There's someone I follow on IG who is convinced that menstrual blood is great fertilizer and rubs it all over her plants and also her face because she's convinced it makes her skin glow. 

We really need a vomit emoji. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

We really need a vomit emoji. 

I agree, and I’ve been requesting one for probably 2 years, to no avail.  It’s a lost cause. 😕

• Love 2

Here's the thing about Jill.  She appears more mainstream than Jessa, for instance, but I've never seen anything to indicate that she has turned away from her hateful beliefs.  People are free to believe any damn thing they want, but Jill and Derick would like to restrict the rights of those they hate.  So in light of that, I really, really don't care how she dresses or any of the other superficial changes she's made.  Now, I've thought about Jill about as much as I can for the day...

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
Just now, Suzn said:

Here's the thing about Jill.  She appears more mainstream than Jessa, for instance, but I've never seen anything to indicate that she has turned away from her hateful beliefs.  People are free to believe any damn thing they want, but Jill and Derick would like to restrict the rights of those they hate.  So in light of that, I really, really don't care how she dresses or any of the other superficial changes she's made.  Now, I've thought about Jill about as much as I can for the day...

But I don't get why Jessa and Joy who are more open about their beliefs are praised for "keeping it real." At least Jill has the good sense to not really post about many issues on her social media. It's not like Joy with her parler account or Jessa.

I mean, we don't know any of those people. All I know is I'd rather see Jills pictures of Fenna rather than Jessa's moldy, filthy house with her feral children being forced to smile for the cameras.

• Love 18

I had two pictures displayed of my late husband and I kissing. One was at our first New Year's Eve together and sat on my bedroom dresser. The other was a trio of pictures of us climbing a 100 foot radio tower and the middle picture of when we kissed at the top. Neither was enlarged and mounted on our wall. 

I think the picture is nice, but I don't get the kissing or the need to have it so large. It's not like it's going to be a family heirloom that the boys will fight over after they die. In a few years it will be put in the office, then stored for the next 50.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I had two pictures displayed of my late husband and I kissing. One was at our first New Year's Eve together and sat on my bedroom dresser. The other was a trio of pictures of us climbing a 100 foot radio tower and the middle picture of when we kissed at the top. Neither was enlarged and mounted on our wall. 

I think the picture is nice, but I don't get the kissing or the need to have it so large. It's not like it's going to be a family heirloom that the boys will fight over after they die. In a few years it will be put in the office, then stored for the next 50.

In social media influencer circles I think certain things are always more thought of as more important than they actually are in real life. One of them is having professional photography. Another is "unboxing" of gifts. 

All the Duggars have those professional photos that don't look all that great but among influencer circles is like a very very big deal.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 6/5/2021 at 2:16 PM, farmgal4 said:

Maybe it’s just a Southern thing, but here in KY literally everyone I know has framed family photos hanging on their walls and setting around their house.  People here do it because they love and are proud of their families, not because they’re narcissistic.  I love Jill’s family picture hanging above the piano.  When I look at it I see a happy family who love each other, and I think that’s what Jill sees too, and she’s proud of that.  I think there’s been a lot of effort made to get the Dillard family to this point and if Jill is proud enough to want to show that off, more power to her.  JMHO 

its pretty normal here too. i used to have a whole hallway of family/my kids photos. i loved it then. now i have a few family pics hanging, literally only a few and then i have a hutch with all the kids and grands pictures on the shelves. ETA: i have lots of decor up in my house too - just not family photos. 

we do have to remember she wasn't exposed to decorating per se as she grew up (exception: the JB and M kissing picture). it takes time to learn what you like and what looks good together. i think her life-skills progress is pretty good,  considering where she started. and dont forget, she is at lest trying to expand her mind and skills. thats more than almost any of the others can say. 

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I just sort of feel like there's something inherently weird and awful about sharing your life with a bunch of strangers on social media. And dangerous. It's disingenuous to hide hateful beliefs for the sake of monetizing your life, but it's also gross to use that public profile as a platform for hate. Or as a means of telling people that you collect your kids' dirty diapers like baseball cards. 

So, I find all of their social media problematic for different reasons. 

I don't have a problem with acknowledging when I think Jill seems to have shown some growth, but I also don't really think she is going to make dramatic changes to her inherent worldviews.

I do have some inherent sympathy for all of the Duggar kids because I think the way their parents raised them was horrible and did them a great disservice, so I can't say I hate Jill. I can't even say I hate Jessa, though I find her personality inherently off-putting. I guess I just find them pathetic, more than anything else.

I really loathe Derick, though. I think he's a pissy little bitch who is nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is and that he basically vaguebooks his life because he's a bitter pissy little bitch but then he pretends like it makes him a great crusader. No, Derick, it doesn't.

So much on target here!

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Suzn said:

So much on target here!

Thanks! I think the Duggar I'd respect the most would be the one who doesn't broadcast their life on social media for the world to see. That would probably be the biggest rebellion and sign of breaking away from their upbringing.

It seems like Josiah and Lauren are maybe doing this since they've been really radio silent compared to the others, but I can't really figure out what is motivating it. Hopefully not something like depression. But if they decided to say "screw it--I'm living a private life," I'm actually weirdly proud of them, though I'm sure they still hold a lot of views I find objectionable. And I say that as someone who found Lauren pretty annoying. LOL 

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I hate to give Jinjer any credit, but they are the only ones who have stopped exploiting their children on SM. I hope that continues.

Yeah I am not entirely sure what motivated that--based on some of those creepy comments that have been left on their SM, I wonder if it was something along that line--but they've stuck with it longer than I ever thought they would. What they've been posting lately in the absence of kid pictures is just mindnumbingly stupid and tryhard, but it's at least not exploiting their kids anymore. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
(edited)
On 6/5/2021 at 5:14 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Even if frozen, wouldn't that milk be years old by now?  Seems like a poor choice to me

Considering some of the things dogs (and cats) eat, I'm sure she will be fine. I have heard stories about dogs eating out of litter boxes and other gross things. Yesterday my cat caught and ate a a fly. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

In light of the old breastmilk situation I hope Jill realizes many garden plants are toxic to dogs (& cats). Depending on the plant and how much is ingested, symptoms can run from mild to lethal. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah I am not entirely sure what motivated that--based on some of those creepy comments that have been left on their SM, I wonder if it was something along that line--but they've stuck with it longer than I ever thought they would. What they've been posting lately in the absence of kid pictures is just mindnumbingly stupid and tryhard, but it's at least not exploiting their kids anymore. 

On one of the last IG pictures posted of Felicity, someone made this comment: “The little bitch is ugly.”  I couldn’t believe it.  Shortly after that, the Vuolo’s stopped posting pics of their daughters.

But Vuolos act like they don't even have kids, not just that they're not posting pictures.

You  can acknowledge that you're a parent even if you don't have a picture of your child every day.

Izzie and Sam look happy

• Love 13
39 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

On one of the last IG pictures posted of Felicity, someone made this comment: “The little bitch is ugly.”  I couldn’t believe it.  Shortly after that, the Vuolo’s stopped posting pics of their daughters.

Yikes. I just saw a post on one of the fundie tumblrs where a fan was hysterical because Jeremy was no longer following them after they'd apparently lost their shit over a delay in getting the book delivered. Really disturbing, scary stuff. I don't blame them for not even mentioning their kids and if it were me, I'd give up seeking influencer fame. They can't be making enough money from it to balance out the obsessed fans.

• Love 12
(edited)

I think what I find odd about the various Duggar pictures that they have up is that they are usually just of themselves, not extended family members too. Except for the JB/Michelle picture in Jill’s bathroom (WTF?), the majority of their pictures are of themselves and don’t have many of their siblings, nieces/nephews, etc., which seems strange since they are all best friends (right…). And there are so many of them! And they are so big (the pictures, not the people, that is).

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I think what I find odd about the various Duggar pictures that they have up is that they are usually just of themselves, not extended family members too. Except for the JB/Michelle picture in Jill’s bathroom (WTF?), the majority of their pictures are of themselves and don’t have many of their siblings, nieces/nephews, etc., which seems strange since they are all best friends (right…). And there are so many of them! And they are so big!

Going to play amateur psychologist here and say that they were allowed so little individuality and personalized attention as kids that they want pictures of their own family because as kids it was always photos of the 19 of them.

• Useful 9
  • Love 15

I'm to lazy to find it but somewhere in the Gothard/ATI teachings there is info about what to put on the walls in your home. Basically it suggests inspiration like bible quotes or Hobby Lobby type word art or family photos. No secular stuff.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Since all of these fools share their kids’ pictures with millions of literal strangers, they are all going to get a comment like this. People are aholes on SM. Jinjer did the right thing.

6 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

But Vuolos act like they don't even have kids, not just that they're not posting pictures.

You  can acknowledge that you're a parent even if you don't have a picture of your child every day.

Izzie and Sam look happy

Maybe they don’t want the crazies to even think anymore about their kids.

6 hours ago, lascuba said:

Yikes. I just saw a post on one of the fundie tumblrs where a fan was hysterical because Jeremy was no longer following them after they'd apparently lost their shit over a delay in getting the book delivered. Really disturbing, scary stuff. I don't blame them for not even mentioning their kids and if it were me, I'd give up seeking influencer fame. They can't be making enough money from it to balance out the obsessed fans.

I’m sure all of these people get some crazy fans and maybe stalkers, and it’s easy to find out where they live.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I'm to lazy to find it but somewhere in the Gothard/ATI teachings there is info about what to put on the walls in your home. Basically it suggests inspiration like bible quotes or Hobby Lobby type word art or family photos. No secular stuff.

That sounds about right.  Religious art is too Catholic for them, so no print of The Last Supper in their dining area.  I wonder if Gothard would allow a painting like Jean-Francois Millet's The Angelus.  its religious without being overtly Catholic.   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Just my opinion but I think that the boys are being raised the way that Derrick was raised. 

I think that's exactly right.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Just my opinion but I think that the boys are being raised the way that Derrick was raised. 

7 hours ago, Suzn said:

I think that's exactly right.

That's a wee bit scary. Cathy, Derick and Dan make no secret that their way is the right way. And their way isn't very nice.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I love that her boys were wearing Mario outfits. It makes me wonder if they have had exposure to the Nintendo Switch or any other video game console. 

I would think only at a friend's house.  I'm wondering if they got Mario outfits at the thrift store/children's clothing sales they've been to.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

That's a wee bit scary. Cathy, Derick and Dan make no secret that their way is the right way. And their way isn't very nice.

Really scary. Just because the Duggars are awful doesn't mean there are other types of awful to worry about. Look how Derick turned out. Anything that produced that is not to be celebrated.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe they don’t want the crazies to even think anymore about their kids.

In light of what's going on with Josh, I think that's a good idea.  They may not have been aware that sickos might look at simple family pics for their enjoyment.  (need that vomit emoji).

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

Really scary. Just because the Duggars are awful doesn't mean there are other types of awful to worry about. Look how Derick turned out. Anything that produced that is not to be celebrated.

And Derick is raising his kids even more conservatively than he was. His mother worked, for one. Jill is not as well educated or as empowered as Cathy was back in the 90s/2000s. Cathy, the woman who gave her sons shirts about how hitting them was good child-rearing. That's really saying something.

• Love 10

Did Derrick's mother feed old breastmilk to the dog????? These people are weird. Jill has risen a tiny bit above her raising, but is still freaking insanely bizarre. And Derrick is still a shit-stirring transphobe. And they still make money off spouting about Jill's shitty childhood on YouTube.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Someone needs to ask Cathy about this.  

giphy.gif

No, but she did leave Derreck in the freezer a little too long. It explains his looks and worldview...

C120B37E-71B9-4BA7-BF21-2331C63F3D31.jpeg

• LOL 18
6 hours ago, Normades said:

In light of what's going on with Josh, I think that's a good idea.  They may not have been aware that sickos might look at simple family pics for their enjoyment.  (need that vomit emoji).

Someone please tell Joy.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, rue721 said:

And Derick is raising his kids even more conservatively than he was. His mother worked, for one. Jill is not as well educated or as empowered as Cathy was back in the 90s/2000s.

Cathy was capable of working and bringing in enough money to pay for child care,work wardrobe, etc.  Jill is not.  Maybe when Sam in school, Jill can have  a minimum wage job. Problem even then would be the fans that show up at her workplace to say Hi all shift long 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I don't know too much about Cathy did she do shit like blanket training? 

She had shirts printed up that rejoiced in her beating her kids with a wooden spoon.  Christmas present, you see. That said, I don’t think there was a blanket involved. 

• Love 6