Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
23 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

And a kissing photo just like Jessa has! How many of you have giant photos of yourself kissing your SO hanging on walls???

I was going to say she’s morphing into Jessa.

There’s a fine line between celebrating your family and love, and making an idol of yourself. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I was going to say she’s morphing into Jessa.

There’s a fine line between celebrating your family and love, and making an idol of yourself. 

Do Fundies hang anything on their wall like a normal piece of art? Like a nice landscape scene or abstract? It seems all they put up are giant photos of themselves or some Bible passage in cursive or a phrase like “hope we hold”. I think Alyssa Bates hung 2 pictures of the Ten Commandments written in blue cursive on white paper with a white frame on her white wall in her white dining room.  🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
58 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Do Fundies hang anything on their wall like a normal piece of art? Like a nice landscape scene or abstract? It seems all they put up are giant photos of themselves or some Bible passage in cursive or a phrase like “hope we hold”. I think Alyssa Bates hung 2 pictures of the Ten Commandments written in blue cursive on white paper with a white frame on her white wall in her white dining room.  🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

It just seems narcissistic  to cover your walls with pictures of yourself and family and really boring.  Just put those pictures in a nice album to look at when you want to look back.  As time goes out and more pictures are taken, are they going on the walls too?  Wouldn't a pretty landscape or still life would be so much nicer to look at or maybe expand your horizons a bit a put a print or two up of a famous work of art.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

It just seems narcissistic  to cover your walls with pictures of yourself and family and really boring.  Just put those pictures in a nice album to look at when you want to look back.  As time goes out and more pictures are taken, are they going on the walls too?  Wouldn't a pretty landscape or still life would be so much nicer to look at or maybe expand your horizons a bit a put a print or two up of a famous work of art.

Art? What’s that?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Art? What’s that?

It would be good for their tiny narrow minds to learn to appreciate art.  Come to think of it, it would be good if they read something beyond religious and self-help books.  What incredibly closed off people they are.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

It would be good for their tiny narrow minds to learn to appreciate art.  Come to think of it, it would be good if they read something beyond religious and self-help books.  What incredibly closed off people they are.

Well, remember, Jinger’s Twitter bio claimed she was a “lover of all things classical” at one point. What a joke.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, awaken said:

LOL, “got it up with help from my girl @rachelvirden”.  😁

Plus it all cost only $69!

Clearly we are all highly mature here...

• LOL 19
19 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

And a kissing photo just like Jessa has! How many of you have giant photos of yourself kissing your SO hanging on walls???

Wasn't Jill the one who has/had a picture of a kissing JB and Michell in her bathroom? You can never take the Duggar out of a Duggar.

• LOL 9
21 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Wasn't Jill the one who has/had a picture of a kissing JB and Michell in her bathroom? You can never take the Duggar out of a Duggar.

I hope she has prints or Izzy has a large bathroom in his first place.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
Just now, farmgal4 said:

Maybe it’s just a Southern thing, but here in KY literally everyone I know has framed family photos hanging on their walls and setting around their house.  People here do it because they love and are proud of their families, not because they’re narcissistic.  I love Jill’s family picture hanging above the piano.  When I look at it I see a happy family who love each other, and I think that’s what Jill sees too, and she’s proud of that.  I think there’s been a lot of effort made to get the Dillard family to this point and if Jill is proud enough to want to show that off, more power to her.  JMHO 

My daughter in law, PNW born and bred, does this too.  So did her mother, also PNW born and bred.  I've lived in the south more years than anywhere else and I don't do it. Maybe some people like it and some don't?

• Love 12

I've seen households in the Chicagoland area that had the occasional family pictures hung on the walls. I wouldn't say it was to excess, and there was artwork as well. I'd say hanging family pictures is pretty normal. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I've seen households in the Chicagoland area that had the occasional family pictures hung on the walls. I wouldn't say it was to excess, and there was artwork as well. I'd say hanging family pictures is pretty normal. 

I agree hanging family pictures is normal but giant ones? And so many? And no other art work anywhere? Jill does have baskets and guitars on the same wall as the giant picture over the piano, but it seems like the rest of them are strictly photos of themselves or Hobby Lobby “framed sayings”

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Maybe it’s just a Southern thing, but here in KY literally everyone I know has framed family photos hanging on their walls and setting around their house.  People here do it because they love and are proud of their families, not because they’re narcissistic.  I love Jill’s family picture hanging above the piano.  When I look at it I see a happy family who love each other, and I think that’s what Jill sees too, and she’s proud of that.  I think there’s been a lot of effort made to get the Dillard family to this point and if Jill is proud enough to want to show that off, more power to her.  JMHO 

I really don't think it means that other people don't love their families. 

1 minute ago, ozziemom said:

I agree hanging family pictures is normal but giant ones? And so many? And no other art work anywhere? Jill does have baskets and guitars on the same wall as the giant picture over the piano, but it seems like the rest of them are strictly photos of themselves or Hobby Lobby “framed sayings”

It's the excess and giant kissing picture that gets me.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

16F12BE6-AD02-4045-8093-C3F5F33D632F.gif

If you have to make a big deal about people jumping on you for feeding breast milk to the dog, why make a post in the first place? At least she seemed more aware of the potential feedback that she could get than, say, Jessa when Jessa posted the diaper mountain picture.

• Love 7

IMO there is no good reason to give the dog Jill’s breast milk. 

“I wouldn’t have given it to her if i thought it would make her sick. So just chill mkay?!✌🏻

Did she look it up, ask their Veterinarian? Irresponsible, and needless, IMO. 

• Love 11

Breastmilk has many anti-infective properties, even when frozen or old, and is great for anyone, even a dog.  and yes, I have actually studied this in great scientific detail 🙂

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I was wondering this too. Everyone in my family has family pictures on the wall. They also have genuine artwork, too, and nobody is sucking face in any of these pictures, but I was confused by people who were saying that it was inherently weird to have family pictures up. Not in my world! 

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill gave Fenna 2 year old breast milk because Sam didn't like it. Okay, I guess?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPwPRlwg6MV/?utm_medium=copy_link

Meanwhile, I just--I don't understand why she would feel the need to share this? LOL 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
(edited)

The custom around here with family pictures is to have a wall dedicated to them. Maybe a stairway or hallway, or not hang them on any walls. In living rooms and bedrooms, family pictures are usually displayed on a dresser, table, shelf, or piano. Its not that no one hangs them on the walls, its just not the norm. Grandparents almost always display pictures of grandchildren, but again, usually in a dedicated space or on a shelf. And not to be morbid, but its more typical around here to have framed pictures of folks who have passed away.

It would be very rare to see a wall with a large picture of the family, like Jill has in her house. I don't think it looks bad, its just something I've never seen in my neck of the woods.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

I didn't mean to start a big controversy by my statement that Jill's display was narcissistic.  I still think HERS is because she's putting up multiple pictures than include her and that gigantic kissing picture is over the top.  

The tone of this thread has changed to mostly being praise for Jill and since I really can't do that, I'll post elsewhere. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I didn't mean to start a big controversy by my statement that Jill's display was narcissistic.  I still think HERS is because she's putting up multiple pictures than include her and that gigantic kissing picture is over the top.  

That's fair enough. For me, the kissing pictures are too much, but I think the weirdest is the picture of her dad in the bathroom. I mean WTF. Just multiple points of weirdness there. Lol

• LOL 11
  • Love 12

I thought 12 months at most was the acceptable length of time for breast milk, but 6months is generally what's recommended? Two years is crazy. It's irresponsible to give your kid or a dog milk that's been frozen that long. Regular Milk is 3-6 months. I hope the dog didn't get sick. 

• Love 5

I agree that putting up too many family pictures results in overkill. My former next door neighbor had dozens of pictures ON. EVERY DAMN WALL in her house, starting with the entry hall and throughout the house including the kitchen and bathrooms!  It was an homage to tackiness. 

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

And for everything that she does that seems remotely normal, she then turns around and does something like proudly announce how she gave aged frozen breastmilk to her dog. 

I’m waiting for an Instagram that shows her secret to growing perfect tomatoes in her backyard is fertilizing them with her family’s own shit. 

And for the record, I do hate Derreck, Kathy, and Amy. They all milked the Duggar fame for as long as they possibly could, and now act like they never did anything.

I also really just like Jill’s endless grifting and happy mail, and the fact that she is continuing to exploit her children the way she was exploited with nary A thought, despite having a therapist. 

• Love 14
(edited)
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'd feel really weird having my in-laws sit underneath a giant canvas of me and Mr. BitterApple sucking face. It's okay to keep some things private.

But but but how will the in laws know you are SO DEEPLY in love??? 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 13
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’m waiting for an Instagram that shows her secret to growing perfect tomatoes in her backyard is fertilizing them with her family’s own shit. 

Jill's Shit Fertilizer would need to have a shit-off with Jessa's Diaper Mountain.

I actually once had someone, in all seriousness, recommend using human shit as fertilizer to me. She was Dutch, though I am pretty sure that has nothing to do with her concept of gardening. I've never recovered from that conversation, and my laughing in her face really pissed her off. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1