Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

She had shirts printed up that rejoiced in her beating her kids with a wooden spoon.  Christmas present, you see. That said, I don’t think there was a blanket involved. 

Yikes. I figured she couldn't have been normal since Derick didn't seem to have issue with marrying into the Duggar's until the money became an issue and bitched TLC was too secular. But I wasn't expecting that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I don't know too much about Cathy did she do shit like blanket training? 

I believe she hit them with a wooden spoon. And made t-shirts to commemorate the occasion. And took pictures with said t-shirts.

(edited)

When I see all of the baskets Jill is collecting, it makes me think of the fact she has posted about the fact Sam has a “strong” allergy  to dust.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

When I see all of the baskets Jill is collecting, it makes me think of the fact she has posted about the fact Sam has a “strong” allergy  to dust.

Yup, and baskets/woven wicker collect a lot of dust and are very hard to clean.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Brush attachment on your vacuum. 

Sure if you take them off the wall and do them. Can't really do that when they're loosely hanging up. Jill doesn't seem the type to do a thorough cleaning.

• Love 3
(edited)
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

24CDF9BA-EAC9-4B4D-A36B-5A2A944F47CF.jpeg

BE2BBA22-3AB3-4208-A143-E44F0E09A24E.jpeg

Way to bury the lede there, Jill. No one is going to look at anything other those adorable doggo ears and smile, and I say that as a cat person!

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
(edited)

I was just watching the Westminster Dog Show when Fenna's breed was shown. The purebreed is bulkier and the coat is fuller than Fenna's. But I can see how the shelter called her a mix. There were more similarities than differences.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10

The insta story shows Sam riding his bike like a pro. Very cute. Fenna is such a pretty and good dog. Glad they made past the hard parts of new puppy adjustments. I know they have lots of fundie baggage but it is nice to see a Duggar  grand riding a bike on sidewalks. Oh I see the neighbor has a for sale sign if you want to be a sweet friend to the Dillards. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
14 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Ok whether you like Jill or not, I think she's exceeded expectations in her care for Fenna. Fenna isn't just stuck in some doghouse in the backyard. Fenna is taken on walks, given obedience lessons, and is obviously a beloved member of the family. 

Granted Fenna seems like an easy dog to take care of -- she seems very gentle and good with kids. But still. When I think of poor Brielle, I clap my hands for Jill's care of Fenna.

Did Joy ever say what happened to Brielle? The dog is never in the background of  videos, and I don't notice dishes, toys, beds or any other assorted pet clutter. I wonder if they dumped her or just let her run away. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Ok whether you like Jill or not, I think she's exceeded expectations in her care for Fenna. Fenna isn't just stuck in some doghouse in the backyard. Fenna is taken on walks, given obedience lessons, and is obviously a beloved member of the family. 

Granted Fenna seems like an easy dog to take care of -- she seems very gentle and good with kids. But still. When I think of poor Brielle, I clap my hands for Jill's care of Fenna.

I'm happy that she values their dog, too.  Her boys will really benefit.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I wish I could like your post a million times!

Jill has problems but she’s proving to be the best mom of the bunch, both to her boys and to Fenna.❤️

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Did Joy ever say what happened to Brielle? The dog is never in the background of  videos, and I don't notice dishes, toys, beds or any other assorted pet clutter. I wonder if they dumped her or just let her run away. 

Sadly no. I bet poor Brielle was just abandoned in some shelter. Hopefully she found a good home. Poor Brielle. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Brielle was/is more of a hunting dog than a famly pet.  If she still exists, she is probably chained outside or in an outdoor kennel

That's actually not the right role for any dog. All dogs need affection, comfort, and stimulation Just being chained outside creates mean, neurotic dogs. I hope they gave Brielle to someone better equipped to care for her.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

And luckily it seems nothing happened from being fed two year old breast milk. That's still irresponsible and the risk was taken with Fenna's health though nothing happened. I can't give someone credit for doing the basics of dog ownership anymore than I applaud parents for playing with their children--- it's what you should do. 

• Love 9
Just now, Gigi43 said:

And luckily it seems nothing happened from being fed two year old breast milk. That's still irresponsible and the risk was taken with Fenna's health though nothing happened. I can't give someone credit for doing the basics of dog ownership anymore than I applaud parents for playing with their children--- it's what you should do. 

But the Duggars have such a low bar and such a horrible track record of doing the basics, Jills a big step up. 

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

It's not a big deal to give dogs milk. My cat and dog drink milk all the time.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

It's not a big deal to give dogs milk. My cat and dog drink milk all the time.

It was two year old frozen breast milk, and the maximum recommended freezing time for breast milk is 12 months. She was going to give it to Sam first but he didn't want it (good call Sam.) That's a pretty big deal.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

It was two year old frozen breast milk, and the maximum recommended freezing time for breast milk is 12 months. She was going to give it to Sam first but he didn't want it (good call Sam.) That's a pretty big deal.

Do you realize what feral dogs and cats eat and drink?  With all due respect, if Fenna didn’t get sick or die, it’s not a big deal.

• Love 22
(edited)
On 6/13/2021 at 5:08 PM, farmgal4 said:

Do you realize what feral dogs and cats eat and drink?  With all due respect, if Fenna didn’t get sick or die, it’s not a big deal.

Yeah, when I was young I had a dog who'd gobble up anything and everything he'd find on our walks before I could grab it away from him: a rubber jacks ball, a piece of window screen, a broken off piece of picket fence, a used brillo pad, not to mention his own poop.  I believe it when people say dogs have cast iron stomachs.  Old breast milk won't hurt Fenna.  She looks happy and well cared for.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

I've had two year old ice cream. As I said, not a big deal IMO. Certainly not enough to call the pet welfare society.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
36 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I've had two year old ice cream. As I said, not a big deal IMO. Certainly not enough to call the pet welfare society.

I cooked my two-year old frozen ravioli a few weeks ago. Still here.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

Y'all are brave. I don't keep anything frozen after 6 months.

I'm not on the Fenna is being treated like Queen Dog bandwagon yet. The picture of Fenna drinking the breastmilk, was outside, so it seems she eats outside. I believe in the video of Izzy losing his tooth Fenna and her kennel were outside. It seems AR summer weather is similar to New England and I imagine Fenna must get very hot if she lives or spends the majority of time outside.

But Fenna is still with the Dillards and still getting some attention after 4 months, so there's that.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

AR summer weather is similar to New England and I imagine Fenna must get very hot if she lives or spends the majority of time outside.

And if anything, it's probably even more miserable down here due to the heat and humidity! It's been really uncomfortable here this past week. Like, to the point everyone has been bitching. Feels more like August than early June. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

And if anything, it's probably even more miserable down here due to the heat and humidity! It's been really uncomfortable here this past week. Like, to the point everyone has been bitching. Feels more like August than early June. 

We had our first heatwave last week - 4 hot and humid days in the 90s. Our granddog went out to poop and pee and was right back inside. Today it reached the 80s - humid 80s. The granddog didn't last more than a half hour before she asked to go in.

Hopefully Fenna tolerates heat better than our little pup.

• Love 3

My daughter's beloved dog crossed the rainbow bridge recently, and he was at least 15 years old.  They adopted him when a friend moved into a no-pets apartment 11 years ago, and he was at least 5 then.  He regularly ate cat turds from her cat's litter box, and didn't seem to suffer for it, although he wasn't allowed to lick anyone's face!

That said, unless Fenna is still a puppy, she may not need any kind of milk.  They should probably feed her dog food and water only, unless a vet tells them otherwise.

• Love 3
(edited)

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We had our first heatwave last week - 4 hot and humid days in the 90s. Our granddog went out to poop and pee and was right back inside. Today it reached the 80s - humid 80s. The granddog didn't last more than a half hour before she asked to go in.

Hopefully Fenna tolerates heat better than our little pup.

It's been in the 90s here too. One day last week the humidity was 82%. I don't handle heat well and basically spend most of the summer indoors. What really sucks is we had a very mild spring, and I thought between that and the record-setting low winter temps that we were in for a cooler summer. Nope. 

I have to wonder about Fenna with her coat though. My dad has a Malinois, and she has a very thick coat. If Fenna is like his dog, I'd imagine Arkansas summers are going to be pretty uncomfortable for her, unfortunately. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Feels more like August than early June. 

You just described the last 2 weeks in Chicago.  

2 hours ago, Zella said:

I don't handle heat well and basically spend most of the summer indoors.

You just described me.  

• Love 17

Heck, why am I spending lots of money to give my 14 yo raw goat milk with every meal (approved by my vet as is the raw diet I feed her) when Jill could just send me her left over breast milk.  I buy it frozen in cartons from a raw/natural dog food company or when available from a friend in the form of kefir.  Though I am sure the Dillards are doing  wrong things with Fenna, as I did with my first dog, the milk is not a big deal and hopefully they will learn more about caring for her. She seems happy and is getting lots of attention. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I never said a word about calling animal welfare society. I was just giving an opinion that I think its irresponsible to give a dog or child something twice as old as the CDC says its good for. They make those guidelines for a reason. I'm never going to accept just because dogs can eat worse and nothing happened it justifies knowingly giving the dog something very expired. I think it'll only encourage her to keep giving Fenna bad things until something bad happens and dogs stomachs are not invincible. Chocolate is toxic for dogs but I can see Jill not caring and giving her some since the old milk was fine, because she'll probably read somewhere about a dog eating weird household things and think its fine until Fenna lands at the vet. Dogs do have to get their stomachs pumped at times. 

What adults put in their body i don't  care about. 

We've had a heatwave already where I am and my dog isn’t out much. I hope they're not leaving Fenna outside. I don't care there are stray dogs outside anymore than I care there are dogs who eat shit, you don't lock out something you claim to care about because dogs can get heatstroke. I wouldn’t be surprised if Derick and Jill take nice pet owner picks for sm and then leave her outside otherwise. I think they've gotten savvy at how to present themselves on sm to deflect from the fact they're still idiots. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I never said a word about calling animal welfare society. I was just giving an opinion that I think its irresponsible to give a dog or child something twice as old as the CDC says its good for. They make those guidelines for a reason. I'm never going to accept just because dogs can eat worse and nothing happened it justifies knowingly giving the dog something very expired. I think it'll only encourage her to keep giving Fenna bad things until something bad happens and dogs stomachs are not invincible. Chocolate is toxic for dogs but I can see Jill not caring and giving her some since the old milk was fine, because she'll probably read somewhere about a dog eating weird household things and think its fine until Fenna lands at the vet. Dogs do have to get their stomachs pumped at times. 

Dogs will be fine. They have a very strong GI system -- more so than humans. But I think the disgust over the breast milk is because of one of the weirdest societal disgusts about a woman producing milk. To this day I don't get why breast milk produces such visceral disgust in people.

If Jill gave Fenna two year old beef jerky it wouldn't be considered a big deal. But society loves to milk shame people. (I think I lost track but almond milk might be the only acceptable milk now?)

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I suspect the CDC has that recommendation for breast milk less about its potential toxic properties with age and more because it probably has zero nutritional value after that long in the freezer.  The freezer will inhibit bacterial growth, and the dog doesn't need the nutrition from the breast milk, so she's fine.  As others have stated, I've eaten very old ice cream and frozen meat and other such things and been fine.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Dogs will be fine. They have a very strong GI system -- more so than humans. But I think the disgust over the breast milk is because of one of the weirdest societal disgusts about a woman producing milk. To this day I don't get why breast milk produces such visceral disgust in people.

If Jill gave Fenna two year old beef jerky it wouldn't be considered a big deal. But society loves to milk shame people. (I think I lost track but almond milk might be the only acceptable milk now?)

While I think there's absolutely no reason to give a dog human milk, I think you're a bit off base accusing posters of being weirded out (or worse) by breast milk. 

And I for one would think giving any dog two year old beef jerky would be stupid too. 

Dogs are not floor cleaners for kitchens either, which Jill has mentioned. Here's a short list of what is toxic for dogs. Food items that I'm sure are present in the Dillard household. If Jill is going to carelessly offer Fenna breastmilk, what other poor judgment will she show? 

image.thumb.png.325abd7f2fe5c06e5c6ecf10bc5b69c1.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

While I think there's absolutely no reason to give a dog human milk, I think you're a bit off base accusing posters of being weirded out (or worse) by breast milk. 

And I for one would think giving any dog two year old beef jerky would be stupid too. 

Dogs are not floor cleaners for kitchens either, which Jill has mentioned. Here's a short list of what is toxic for dogs. Food items that I'm sure are present in the Dillard household. If Jill is going to carelessly offer Fenna breastmilk, what other poor judgment will she show? 

image.thumb.png.325abd7f2fe5c06e5c6ecf10bc5b69c1.png

I just don;t think this hysteria is warranted. Fenna seems well cared for and fine. I've eaten old ice cream in the freezer, and I've been fine. Over 2 years old. It's really not that big of a deal.

I have a dog and cat and would hate to think about the shaming I'd receive if I had a lot of followers because my cat definitely drinks milk and my dog also ate lots of food scraps and left overs.

I also hate to think that this will trigger some sort of vigilante justice where ppl online try to get Fenna rehomed. I think that will be terrible.

As for breast milk, the phobia is real. My school has a breast pumping room. Or had. A supervisor decided it was "disgusting" and told women to go to the bathroom to pump.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11