Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, LilyD said:

All girls have a Y in the name; you forgot Truely. Their brother is the only one who doesn’t join the Y-name train, which is rather odd as he is called Paedon!

As for baby Madyson… It shocked a lot of people here but honestly… what did we expect? They are the Duggars after all! Nothing they do should come as a surprise or shock.

LOL, I didn't forget Ms. Truely!!!  I left her off my list because she has a superfluous E instead of Y!!!  I guess that lines up with Paedon, though?

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Wow. Yeah it’s totally a “I’ve put all the shitty things Josh has done behind me. To the point where I’m comfortable naming my (hopefully last) child after the site he used to cheat on me. I’m so above it all that it doesn’t bother me! I forgave him, and the name proves it. Give me more Jesus points please! 

Seriously girl. Stop being a martyr for this loser and do better for your kids. 

Anna will never leave Josh. Ever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

With all the "M" names available for a little girl......(shaking my head.)

Unfortunately, I could believe that Smugs bestowed that name on purpose.  Just as a bad "inside" joke on his wife to make sure she remembers the past and knows who is boss.  I really think he is really that mean and messed up.  I, on the other hand, am horrified, and feel very sorry for that baby and her siblings.

• Love 14

Anna posted hers 4 hours ago. Duggar Family Official’s was posted 2 hours ago. Theirs was put in their stories, which go poof in 24 hours.

I’m curious who suggested now as the time to announce the birth. PR move?

B4CFBF9F-4945-4F3C-8ECC-EA63B1DCCC19.jpeg

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

LOL, I didn't forget Ms. Truely!!!  I left her off my list because she has a superfluous E instead of Y!!!  I guess that lines up with Paedon, though?

Ehm not sure if I’m following you now? ☺️ I thought it was about incorporating the (sometimes useless) letter Y into the names, which Truely obviously has.

I am starting to wonder if things like “all names must start with the same letter”  or “all names must have this specific letter” is a typical fundie-thing? There was the Willis family with 12 J’s! Christine Brown with her Y,  The Derico’s with the D, Duggars did 19 names with J, and I’m sure that Anna and Josh would have beaten them with 20 M’s if Josh hadn’t been about to qualify for a sponsored, longterm stay in an “all inclusive resort” not of nis choosing….

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Ehm not sure if I’m following you now? ☺️ I thought it was about incorporating the (sometimes useless) letter Y into the names, which Truely obviously has.

I am starting to wonder if things like “all names must start with the same letter”  or “all names must have this specific letter” is a typical fundie-thing? There was the Willis family with 12 J’s! Christine Brown with her Y,  The Derico’s with the D, Duggars did 19 names with J, and I’m sure that Anna and Josh would have beaten them with 20 M’s if Josh hadn’t been about to qualify for a sponsored, longterm stay in an “all inclusive resort” not of nis choosing….

Like, if I'm just using the word "truly" there's a y in it.  The y is expected is proper spelling.  But then there's Aspyn (Aspen), Ysabel (Isabelle)... Actually I guess those 2 are the only 2 truly unusual y's in the bunch, now that I think of it.  LOL.  Mykelti and Gwendlyn are weirdly spelled for different reasons, in my opinion.

My point about Truely is that the actual word is spelled truly, so there's a random e, not a random y, in her name.

• Love 6

I'm really surprised. Before the scandal I thought Madison was a name she's probably like. It seem to fit with Mackynize and wouldn't have been surprised if she spelled it wih a "Y". But after the Ashley Madison scandal I really thought that would be one M name she'd never pick for the obvious reasons. I guess I shouldn't have assumed "obvious reasons" with Anna. Poor Madyson at some point someone is going to tell her about Ashley Madison she already has enough to deal with horrible father she didn't need anything else.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

What’s the bit about pregnancy on a Tuesday? What have I missed?

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but Josh's pre-trial conference is scheduled for this Thursday.  I guess some people - me included - wonder why she couldn't have waited 2 more days to announce the name and take some attention off of the court hearing. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CSunshine76 said:

I just hope to God she had the Dr secretly tie her tubes after this one so she doesn’t have to birth anymore of the Perv’s kids!

Anna is 33 now and could possibly turn 40 before he gets out. Lets hope Josh is locked up long enough to reduce the odds of that happening.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The defense's claim is that the police report was SO WELL REDACTED that people CAN'T be identified. 😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah, it was soooooo unidentifiable that four of the victims filed a lawsuit. As Jane Doe 1, 2, 3, and 4.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, LilyD said:

It IS incorporating the  ALPHABET. (FUNNY you mentioned the  TRUELY name - which is an ambomination.  People - STOP naming kids by their parents nutjob whims.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ugh.

Does anyone else recall the last episode of 19 kids? Right before Scandal 1? I'm fairly certain Anna was pregnant with Meredith and they were asked a question about diaper duty.

This is where the big, sad (hopefully innocent) ugh comes in...

IIRC, Anna said Josh did most of the diaper changing for all the kids. Something like, he takes care of the bottom and I take care of the top.

Anyone remember this?

Moms takes care of the north end, dad takes care of the south end. She said this knowing that In Touch had the police report. With that level of stupidity, it's no wonder she named her newest baby Madyson. 

• Love 6

I feel sorry for Madyson (and all the other M's) for being born into this shitshow.  I doubt Josh had anything to do with naming her, so is this Anna's way of saying FU to Josh?  I wouldn't be surprised if Anna is already trying to get pregnant with No. 8.  

• Love 5

I believe she used the name trying to prove that she’s forgiven and forgotten but now I am wondering if that smug look she had on her face when leaving court a while back was because Josh is finally being held accountable and was not directed at anyone else?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm sure Joshley picked out the name. We all know how he loves trolling his own wife (his comments about how she's good at swallowing to swallow et al).

I could see him doing this to troll not only Anna, but all the "haters" out there and perhaps even his parents and siblings. I've always felt that Josh had a LOT of repressed anger towards his family as well as a strong sadistic streak. Right now, he must be filled with impotent fury at the position he finds himself in and eager to lash out at any available target. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

The only person who was ever able to insert a random "Y" into her name and pull it off with style was Edith Gormezano, better known as the late, great Eydie Gorme. 

Edited by Albanyguy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

I know I might be going overboard with my assumption of Anna's stupidity and ignorance, but hear me out...

Does she know that the name of one of the sites Josh used to cheat on her was Ashley Madison? Is it possible she's avoided reading any of the specifics and so she knows that Josh created a profile on a site used for extramarital affairs but not the name of said site? Because I can't imagine her choosing a name as a fuck you to Josh or the public, not when it's something that she finds so painful. 

Either way, I know Jessa and Jinger are having a field day talking shit over zoom. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Whether or not it's an FU to Josh, to her haters, or to show that she's forgiven Josh so much that she's fine using this name, or she's subconsciously testing Josh by giving her a name that's sure to trigger him, or she's just really that stupid....it's a big sucky depressing burden to place on that tiny innocent baby. 

Would Josh have been there for the birth?  

why not she was spending all her time with him at the  rebers house  and she has home births and her kids were all shipped to other family members so sure very likely...How do we know josh didn't pick the name as a total dick move to anna 

3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

And she had to inherit Anna’s nose too.  The poor baby can’t catch a break. 🙁

Awww..I think she's adorable. Maybe she'll grow into her nose?

The name though...wtaf! 😡

Anna and/or Smuggar are just horrible to pick that name.

Screenshot_20211116-232510.jpg

• Love 9

What if Anna was forced to completely live under a rock, and has little or no idea at all about the internet and can only read newspapers or watch television with a male guardian’s consent (yes, some fundies live like that!)….

Could it then be possible that she only knows that Josh has been unfaithful without any further details on how or where he met those women? That’s she’s completely oblivious to online dating sites, and specifically ones that have the same name as her daughter? Imagine her horror if that’s the case and somebody tells her!

While this may seem rather far fetched in most situations, we shouldn’t forget what type of cult she’s married into! Women have no rights there and should be concerned about the house and kids only. Men can do as they see fit. Besides, this forum is full of Duggar ideology idiocy on life and how one should live it. Read that if you doubt this could be a real possibility.

• Love 11

I don’t doubt that is a possibility. She may know vague ideas of what he did but not details. That may be another reason why she’s so happily smug with “the man of her dreams”.  We here probably know more about her situation. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

Even if Anna didn't know, or remember the name Ashley Madison, someone around her must have. We know at least a few of the Duggars read here or some snark site(s), never mind all the comments that are left on SM.

And what about after the child was born? If some of the Duggars weren't privvy to the name ahead of time, they likely knew before we did. The kid has been around for a full month.

We know Austin reads the news on his phone after a snarker noticed he was reading headline about Josh in a video Joy had taken. Then there's Amy, we all know she knows. Would Amy (or Deanna) really keep that to herself? I could see it without a child involved, but I think even Amy would have made sure the info got through the family grapevine. 

And then there's Jeremy and Derick. I would find it hard to believe they didn't read the headlines this time around and all the articles included the Ashley Madison scandal. 

I hope this isn't what Jill was anxious about.

So I guess what this obnoxiously long post is stating. I find it hard to believe that Anna wasn't reminded of the name Ashley Madison at least a couple times in the last few months, when she was sharing Madyson's name.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Even if Anna didn't know, or remember the name Ashley Madison, someone around her must have. We know at least a few of the Duggars read here or some snark site(s), never mind all the comments that are left on SM.

And what about after the child was born? If some of the Duggars weren't privvy to the name ahead of time, they likely knew before we did. The kid has been around for a full month.

We know Austin reads the news on his phone after a snarker noticed he was reading headline about Josh in a video Joy had taken. Then there's Amy, we all know she knows. Would Amy (or Deanna) really keep that to herself? I could see it without a child involved, but I think even Amy would have made sure the info got through the family grapevine. 

And then there's Jeremy and Derick. I would find it hard to believe they didn't read the headlines this time around and all the articles included the Ashley Madison scandal. 

I hope this isn't what Jill was anxious about.

So I guess what this obnoxiously long post is stating. I find it hard to believe that Anna wasn't reminded of the name Ashley Madison at least a couple times in the last few months, when she was sharing Madyson's name.

I could imagine a situation where everyone around her who are well aware of the implications of the name would be too polite or uninterested to mention it. Derick and Jeremy certainly aren't close enough to Anna to say anything directly; she and Jessa aren't close; Amy is persona non grata. It's entirely likely that Anna didn't even share the name before the birth...with all that's going on, she probably hasn't done any of the celebratory baby-on-the-way stuff she usually does. She might have told her parents and Priscilla ahead of time, but those dingbats wouldn't make the connection. Once the baby was born and she told everyone the name, those that did immediately catch on to the implications probably didn't want to upset her by bringing it up. A very close friend or family member could have pulled her aside and asked her about it, but fundies don't do real friendships and closeness. At best, they're all distantly polite.

• Love 14