Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Through no fault of their own I wonder if Jim Bob is having difficulty getting the boys married off due to Josh's history?  What fundie parent in their right mind would want their daughter to marry into that fked up family?

I think so, too. JD is kinda weird, but not pervy.  Joe's fiancées family seems nuts, even if he appears normal. Josiah is a hot mess and I'm waiting to hear some weirdness of some sort out of him. Something ain't right with that boy. The next twins are smug and smarmy too, nut sort of on the same level as Joy, so may just be entitled, stupid and assholey, but not creepy or scary. It's going to take a lot to top Josh, though.  

• Love 5

Also responding to Caracoa1: 

Through no fault of their own I wonder if Jim Bob is having difficulty getting the boys married off due to Josh's history?  What fundie parent in their right mind would want their daughter to marry into that fked up family?

The father of their pastor, apparently. Duggars are good promotion for Pa Caldwell's church plant. Her family came from somewhere like VA or NC before coming to plant in AR. Not TV worthy unless you're in the area, like Laredo, but in Springdale, a place leghumpers could tour if they were just passing through. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think so, too. JD is kinda weird, but not pervy.  Joe's fiancées family seems nuts, even if he appears normal. Josiah is a hot mess and I'm waiting to hear some weirdness of some sort out of him. Something ain't right with that boy. The next twins are smug and smarmy too, nut sort of on the same level as Joy, so may just be entitled, stupid and assholey, but not creepy or scary. It's going to take a lot to top Josh, though.  

I don't think JD is weird as much as he is socially awkward. I'm surprised in your comment about Josiah---we all know the most popular theory, but I wouldn't expect anything out of him that would top Josh. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

I think that, too. And then I think of what the Paines are letting Tabitha marry. And the Paines are pretty high-ranking fundies at that, in the Gothard universe, at least. So what's up with that? I really really don't understand these people. 

• Love 5

No video announcement, no congrats videos yet....the fam is being careful.  Notice that Anna probably could have announced when Jill did, but they waited a month or 2. My guess is so they wouldn't draw the focus off Jill.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

What does this mean exactly? I'm sorry I keep reading this, and the wording confuses me. 

It's a quote from RuPaul's Drag Race.  There is a part of the competition where the various contestants try to top one another by hurling insults directed at their fellow competitors; a process they call 'reading'.  They call this part of the contest 'Reading is Fundamental'.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 9

What? No congratulatory videos spewing the requisite season of life, blessing, sweet, and other Gothard speak? If only Boob and Mullet had been this self aware when Joshley was serially molesting his sisters.

• Love 5

I think JD is a lot like Michael Bates' husband, Brandon. He didn't really notice her till someone pointed her out and he really didn't want a girlfriend till he got into preaching and realized he'd need a wife and he thought she was suitable. JD could also just be very shy. Still, I can't help thinking that JD and Jana can't or don't want to get married bc it is expected that they take care of their parents. Josh is in the process of being redeemed. When that 5th kid enters the world, his transformation will be complete and I think we'll see a lot more boys belly up to the marriage bar. 

• Love 1

Wow I guess this whole People article is step one in bringing Joshy back to earning that sweet sweet money by appearances, books and such.  Any bets on how he will worm his way back in the show?  Guessing a very special one hour episode with him and Anna on their journey to forgiveness and recovery?  Of course after the book comes out.  How soon the public forgets (or so they hope).  

I never doubted for a second that precious first born Josh would be completely exiled and only a matter of time before he is heir apparent again.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, PJ123 said:

Wow I guess this whole People article is step one in bringing Joshy back to earning that sweet sweet money by appearances, books and such.  Any bets on how he will worm his way back in the show?  Guessing a very special one hour episode with him and Anna on their journey to forgiveness and recovery?  Of course after the book comes out.  How soon the public forgets (or so they hope).  

I never doubted for a second that precious first born Josh would be completely exiled and only a matter of time before he is heir apparent again.

Oh yeah, neither did I. Media is all about ratings and money. As soon as enough time passed they would bring him back - if nothing else but for the OMG WTF people vs the Gothard Grabbers watching the show and commenting. You KNOW they've been documenting his "redemption" with Anna. And there will be a season or a few eps with her and then it will be back to JBoob and J'Chelle horning in. Josh has always been such a smug a**, I am sure he will be an even bigger one now. I remember when the show was supposed to be about how Michelle coped with 19 as she was such a loving mother. Oh no, I think someone (probably herself) spikes her off-brand Wheaties with pickle juice and Valium.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

How many women stay with a man who molested five underage girls, four of which were his sisters?

How many women stay with a man who fucked an unknown number of other women without using a condom, exposing not only her but her (future) children to STD's?

This.  Josh is a disgusting child molester and Anna is an evil shitbag.  They both should be sterilized.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Majorette 

Manipulable

Masochistic

Mortified

Mendacious

Mess

All good names for what this poor child will probably turn out to be, born into this situation. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

Anna must be so brainwashed!  Did her parents along with Boob and Jchelle tell her if she left her marriage that they would steal her children and she would be on the streets?  How could she possibly stay with that fungus...And breed with him? He molested 4 sisters and an outsider...He sought out an adultery website and engaged in illicit sexual affairs....When he was busted for what he did to his sister's he still kept quit about the Ashley Madison affairs..... I'm sure Josh felt like a major player on DC....He didn't have the education to support his family or the lifestyle he became accustomed to so of course he had to go running to Boob with his tail between his legs... SICK

• Love 8

They haven't picked names with any meaning, just the letter M.   Otherwise I would say that Anna would choose something that means "rebirth" or "a new creation".  

I'm calling him Madison until the special delivery blessing arrives and it gets an actual M name.  Even that "M" name stuff...Anna was so brainwashed...had to be like the Duggars!  Then an "M" for Michelle. The other kids didn't do a letter theme and you know it wouldn't be the letter M, if they did. 

13 minutes ago, Abmis said:

I think the name Madison is perfect.  Especially with Ashley for the middle name.  The initials will be appropriate too since the whole family is MAD.

Haha...Yup, perfect. And gender-neutral, too, as I'm old enough to remember both those names being more common for boys.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

They haven't picked names with any meaning, just the letter M.   Otherwise I would say that Anna would choose something that means "rebirth" or "a new creation".  

Metamorphosis? (too Kafkaesque)

Mephisto (too Faustian)

Munkustrap (too Andrew Lloyd Weber)

Murgatroid? (Sorry, all I got)

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Metamorphosis? (too Kafkaesque)

Mephisto (too Faustian)

Munkustrap (too Andrew Lloyd Weber)

Murgatroid? (Sorry, all I got)

Impressive!

10 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

• Love 2
17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Got to keep God's Army errr...investments...errr...blessings rolling along. My great grandmother died in February 1966. At the time she had 33? grandchildren and 89 great grandchildren. I know their were more great grandchildren after she died, and the grand total was probably between 100 and 110.

I just came across this article about a funeral . 14 children, 78 grandchildren, 178 great-grandchildren and 59 great-great grandchildren.

4 hours ago, Marigold said:

Michael is named after his grandfathers, and I could see them going with a "symbolic choice".  Messiah?

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing the new baby's name is going to be Matthew Isaiah. Muddy Waters is too hip for them.

Isaiah will be Jill's son. Matthew I could see. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3

If Jill's kid is Isaiah she will have 2 kids named Izzy and Issy.  They don't speak clearly enough for anybody to hear the diffference. I guess they'll have to beat on them all day long for not following orders.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Micks Picks said:

If Jill's kid is Isaiah she will have 2 kids named Izzy and Issy.  They don't speak clearly enough for anybody to hear the diffference. I guess they'll have to beat on them all day long for not following orders.

Kind of like Jana, Joy Anna and Johannah and Joseph, Josiah and Josie. Great footsteps in which to follow.

• Love 7

M5 isnt entirely unexpected, but I'm still disappointed that Josh and Anna seem to have decided to march on with their marriage as if they didn't notice the thousand red flags about Josh's happiness and commitment. 

6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Manipulable

Masochistic

Mortified

Mendacious

Mess

All good names for what this poor child will probably turn out to be, born into this situation. 

Moronsson or Moronsdottir.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Kind of like Jana, Joy Anna and Johannah and Joseph, Josiah and Josie. Great footsteps in which to follow.

Well Jill really admires her mom. 

M5's middle name will be Joshua. Since they're doubling down on marriage. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think that, too. And then I think of what the Paines are letting Tabitha marry. And the Paines are pretty high-ranking fundies at that, in the Gothard universe, at least. So what's up with that? I really really don't understand these people. 

Can someone tell me about Tabitha's guy? I've seen some things mentioned but don't know the story. 

6 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Can someone tell me about Tabitha's guy? I've seen some things mentioned but don't know the story. 

It's over in the fellowship thread...

Tabitha's boyfriend was arrested years back for sodomizing a woman. Rape.  It's all better now...it wasn't his fault because she was a stripper and he was drinking or something. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It would be so awesome if the Duggars watched RPDR. Even better for Possum and daughters to be made over for Drag U.

All tea, no shade.

One can only imagine the look on J-Chelle's face if and when RuPaul was in the neighborhood and decided to read HER for filth. J-Chelle's hair alone would cause some kind of drag queen meltdown!

She already done had hers!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Marigold said:

It's over in the fellowship thread...

Tabitha's boyfriend was arrested years back for sodomizing a woman. Rape.  It's all better now...it wasn't his fault because she was a stripper and he was drinking or something. 

Oh dear god.

**thanks for the info**

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Manipulable

Masochistic

Mortified

Mendacious

Mess

How about Misdirection (them hoping to get us to forget what JoshUa did)

Edited by ChiCricket
Ninja edit
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Oh dear god.

**thanks for the info**

He was actually on the Sex Offender Registry for years. IIRC, somebody at Free Jinger dug up his mugshot.

Joshley has some competition in the Shittiest Fundie Husband contest.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Micks Picks said:

It really makes me stabby how Muffy pronounces it "Iz-ree-ull"...it's more correctly pronounced "is-rail" or "Iz-rye-el" (most correct pronunciation of Israel). I get it that a lot of people say "is-real", which is easy to understand why (and it doesn't bother me) since most people have a teeny tiny degree of dyslexia or just believe that's the right pronunciation because that's how they have always heard it.

If you want to name your child after the Holy Land, please pronounce it properly, Muffy.

• Love 9