Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Jeeves said:

*Ahem, note that I said "accommodate" a baby bump. Not "hug the bump so tightly you can see the wearer's navel from ten paces away." Looking at you Jessa Blessa.

19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

To be fair, Jessa only really flaunted her first pregnancy. She was pretty downlow with Henry and has only had maybe two bump pics with this one. 

19 hours ago, Zella said:

Jessa is infuriating, but I think she is a little more capable of learning than some of the others. She'll certainly be really defensive about stuff on the surface, but it's like she makes a mental note not to do certain things again. Maybe the backlash for how over-the-top she was about it has sunk in? 

All of this ^^^ is from the Josiah and Lauren topic.

I don't disagree that Jessa seems able to learn from the feedback (or blowback, ouch!) that she gets on social media. More so than Jill and Dillweed, for sure.

However, I think her lack of flaunting her pregnant body these days has as much to do with vanity as common sense. I think she's a typical Duggar: physically lazy and undisciplined. No way she was doing squats, pushups, and ab exercises while those dirty diapers were piling up on the dresser. 

So by pregnancy number two, she wasn't as in love with what those skintight tops showed, as she'd been the first time around. And now in pregnancy number three, IIRC she's backed off the skintight tops in favor of darker tops and dresses. Certainly the photos are nothing like the belly-button-popping garb of The Great Almighty Spurgeon Pregnancy™. 

tl;dr: Jessa's days of super hotness are behind her - certainly her days as the Hot Pregnant Duggar Daughter. 

To be clear, I'm onboard with her wearing what she's comfortable with when she's pregnant, and I think she looks generally healthy, and let's hope her swollen legs in the Gothard gathering photos aren't a sign of something seriously wrong. I don't think pregnant women "owe" it to anyone to look glamorous. I'm just observing the change in Jessa's body-flaunting over the course of three pregnancies and thinking it's got as much to do with her vanity as her having learned lessons about social media.

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

All of this ^^^ is from the Josiah and Lauren topic.

I don't disagree that Jessa seems able to learn from the feedback (or blowback, ouch!) that she gets on social media. More so than Jill and Dillweed, for sure.

However, I think her lack of flaunting her pregnant body these days has as much to do with vanity as common sense. I think she's a typical Duggar: physically lazy and undisciplined. No way she was doing squats, pushups, and ab exercises while those dirty diapers were piling up on the dresser. 

So by pregnancy number two, she wasn't as in love with what those skintight tops showed, as she'd been the first time around. And now in pregnancy number three, IIRC she's backed off the skintight tops in favor of darker tops and dresses. Certainly the photos are nothing like the belly-button-popping garb of The Great Almighty Spurgeon Pregnancy™. 

tl;dr: Jessa's days of super hotness are behind her - certainly her days as the Hot Pregnant Duggar Daughter. 

To be clear, I'm onboard with her wearing what she's comfortable with when she's pregnant, and I think she looks generally healthy, and let's hope her swollen legs in the Gothard gathering photos aren't a sign of something seriously wrong. I don't think pregnant women "owe" it to anyone to look glamorous. I'm just observing the change in Jessa's body-flaunting over the course of three pregnancies and thinking it's got as much to do with her vanity as her having learned lessons about social media.

Oh I can definitely see this being true! 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, louannems said:

I still can't get over just how huge Jim Bob's head is!  I know they always joke about the Duggar head, but seeing him next to Jessa and Ben puts it in perspective!

It holds the ego 😁

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

The reading thing is nice but not super special.  When parents read to kids and the kids like books they memorize certain words pretty easily.

Jessa may be super-impressed with it because she currently has siblings who just barely read that well. ...

Not even joking. Or not much, anyway. 

Wait till Spurgeon learns to add. 

Not a joking matter, in reality, however.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
On 5/11/2019 at 3:04 AM, GeeGolly said:

The video of Spurge repeating sight words comes naturally to children who are read to. It's the same as an 18 month old knowing french fries come from the building with the giant yellow M. I don't understand the need to make it into a forced lesson when a kid is still in diapers.

Not that it matters anyway. The Seewald kids will still be forced to recite (not understand) the Bible and will still have Ben & Jessa as their lifelong teachers.

On the positive side the boys are getting attention from their parents and not wandering aimlessly getting their heads stuck in railings.

Exactly. My 3 year old can recite her favorite books verbatim. She’s not reading, she just remembers the words she has heard us read. When we tell her to sound out an unfamiliar word she just looks at us like we are Martians. She’s 3, why push it? 

I was reading at three, but i’ve always been very verbal and was apparently very focused as a young child. Some kids are ready to learn then, some aren’t. 

• Love 12
18 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Exactly. My 3 year old can recite her favorite books verbatim. She’s not reading, she just remembers the words she has heard us read. When we tell her to sound out an unfamiliar word she just looks at us like we are Martians. She’s 3, why push it? 

I was reading at three, but i’ve always been very verbal and was apparently very focused as a young child. Some kids are ready to learn then, some aren’t. 

I was reading around 3-4 as well, but the books Mom read to me were mostly in Polish, which is a very phonetic language, so maybe easier for a toddler to pick up. My dad was more of a storyteller than a reader, which is a skill I totally did not inherit. 

• Love 5

I'll never not have a soft spot for Ben. He really does seem to be a very sweet guy at heart, and someone I could get along with really well if not for those darn religious beliefs. If he'd been brought up in a secular household, I think he'd have turned out just lovely. And his smile with those little teeth just kind of melts my heart a bit every time...I'm even getting used to the beard! 

Somebody slap me out of it! LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
(edited)

Bin's sister (the police officer) just got married. No photos of, or posts from, Bin and Jessa about it, but in the family's Instagram pics a TV cameraman and sound man can be seen. It's the 8th photo in the series below.

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yowza, is that a healthy dose of cleavage I see on Mz. Jessica? A career, marriage and boobs? No wonder Bin and Jessa didn't post a congratulations. They probably think uttering her name will send them straight to hell.

Guinn looked absolutely stunning. Take notes, Michelle.

Yeah I noticed Jessica's cleavage too!  I find it curious that it appears wedding footage will be shown on Counting On, based on this photo.  

SeewaldWedding.JPG

• Love 2
(edited)

Except for the constant God references in the one social media post, I laugh because one of Ben's sister is a law enforcement officer aka a mostly male based job. Poor Ben and Jessa are being outshined by one of his sisters. Take that JB and Michelle. Even poor JD is being outdone by her. Ha!

Edited by bigskygirl

Wow, so only Duggar weddings are worthy of Princess Jessa’s attention? So much from her on sm about any Duggar wedding, but absolutely nothing when Bin’s sister gets married? And they don’t even follow her on sm I don’t think.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Wow, so only Duggar weddings are worthy of Princess Jessa’s attention? So much from her on sm about any Duggar wedding, but absolutely nothing when Bin’s sister gets married? And they don’t even follow her on sm I don’t think.

Is this the sister who spilled the beans on SM about the name of Jessa's first baby? Or some detail that Jessa was ramping up "suspense" and social media buzz by not disclosing? Maybe Jessa's a good grudge holder. 

Poor Ben, if there's such a distance between his family of origin and the Duggars. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Yeah I noticed Jessica's cleavage too!  I find it curious that it appears wedding footage will be shown on Counting On, based on this photo.  

Maybe, or it could be a private photographer the family hired to take videos of the wedding.  I've been to several weddings where a professional has taken videos.  

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Henpecked in a Patriarchy, no less!

(also a good band name)

If Bin and Jessa ever get their own television show, or if Bin writes his tell-all memoirs, this should be the title!!!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

SeewaldWedding.JPG

I was thinking perhaps its someone they hired to make a wedding video,unless the guys look like cameramen from Counting On?

• Love 5

A midriff and cleavage baring dress, I am shocked.

Why isn't Bin pictured with his siblings? He seems so disconnected from his family. 

Oh look and they kissed before marriage, man did Bin miss out on having a normal relationship. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Puffin said:

I was thinking perhaps its someone they hired to make a wedding video,unless the guys look like cameramen from Counting On?

That idea occurred to me too, but when I saw the second guy with a boom microphone, it seemed more like a TV show.

But maybe they just got a really professional video done.

Nowadays, do people hire that kind of equipment to get videos done of their events? 

8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'll never not have a soft spot for Ben. He really does seem to be a very sweet guy at heart, and someone I could get along with really well if not for those darn religious beliefs. If he'd been brought up in a secular household, I think he'd have turned out just lovely. And his smile with those little teeth just kind of melts my heart a bit every time...I'm even getting used to the beard! 

Ben is my favorite Duggar or Duggar Adjacent.  He seems like an all around decent guy.  I wish he was married to amiable Jinger, instead.  But, "the heart wants what it wants."

• Love 10
(edited)

Am I the only one still very much doubting that Counting On will show a Seewald wedding? I mean,  what would be next? A Vuolo wedding? A Swanson wedding? 

Would they just be changing the show into a "fringe-y evangelicals get married" series? 

I've seen some pretty fancy videography equipment recording non-tv events. Remember the camera guys at the coffee place in California recording Jer, Jingle and some MacArthur staff member? 

I still think Jessica and her guy just hired a videographer who really likes fancy equipment and expensive mics. 

Color me skeptible on ever seeing Jessica's cleavage on TeeVee. Surely the TLC producers don't want to face Jessa's wrath if she started getting upstaged by Bin's siblings! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Do we know for a fact that those are TLC cameras?  I agree that it would be VERY odd to feature that wedding on the show.  I have a feeling it's either a very high-level videographer, or there is some other documentary going on (maybe for the church?).

• Love 2
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Wait, what?  Phillips (plural) is his first name?  New one on me.

Nice dress.

Southern thing, I'm guessing mother's or grandmother's or whoever's maiden name. 

That dress shows a lot of cleavage for any church wedding, let alone a semi-fundie wedding. 

Guinn looked very nice. Fundie beliefs aside, I think she really does care about her children as individuals. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Ok, so someone of Facebook asked Gwinn about the cameramen and she says they are going to be featured on Say Yes to the Dress on TLC. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, awaken said:

They sure are milking the secondary fame!  Good on Bin for pursuing Jessa- he’s given the family an avenue for reality tv income!  🙄

SYTTD is pretty much open to anybody willing to come to Kleinfelds and spend money $$$ and then has a semi-interesting story to tell. I'd be surprised if they got so much as a discount. I also wonder if Jessica will actually pick her dress on the show or if this will just be an alterations/ceremony plot.

• Useful 2

I wonder what Jessa and Ben honestly feel about Jessica. First, what are their feelings on her learning and earning a role that historically has been considered a male role and one that requires her to dress in a uniform designed for men? Secondly, how do they feel about Jessica's choice of a revealing gown? And thirdly, what are their feelings about Jessica finding her own brief TV fame, if it's true they were featured on Say Yes to the Dress?

Do they condemn her? Pray for her? Jealous of her? 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder what Jessa and Ben honestly feel about Jessica. First, what are their feelings on her learning and earning a role that historically has been considered a male role and one that requires her to dress in a uniform designed for men? Secondly, how do they feel about Jessica's choice of a revealing gown? And thirdly, what are their feelings about Jessica finding her own brief TV fame, if it's true they were featured on Say Yes to the Dress?

Do they condemn her? Pray for her? Jealous of her? 

I imagine they secretly condemn her, but don't vocalize it because she's family. I truly believe Jessa can't comprehend a woman who works by choice, works in a male-dominated field and enjoys doing so. The Duggar mindset is so ass-backwards I can see Jessa pitying her sister-in-law. After all, if Jessica wasn't such a heathen, she'd have a highway-adjacent Mold Pit and an unemployed boy-bitch of her very own! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't think Jessa would agree to be in a wedding where the dresses were cut like that. She's the frumpy one, and by now hugely pregnant. It sort of looks like her, but I'm not sure. 

Edited by beckie
because my phone is being dumb today.
  • Love 2