Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

@Churchhoney, according to Mike Seewald's FB page, he is self-employed. If you scroll down past some pretty out there posts, there are some posts that lead me to believe he is still in the auto glass business.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.seewald.92

Thanks! .... I seldom go near Facebook.....😁

So he's had that franchise for quite some time.,,,I guess you can be pretty successful fixing auto glass and that Bin really did just quit and move on to other things. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

I feel bad for Henry...well, sort of. I'm not sure that I would want everything I said to be posted on social media. That said, it's pretty evident that Henry is the forgotten child.

That being said, I thought all of the "sayings" were cute except for the first one, which was ordinary to me. The one about Ivy not knowing where her horses were made me smile. And Henry did get one.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Anyone know why it say zojuist in place of the minutes on the 'Henry post'? I guess zojuist means, a minute ago, in Dutch, but why only on Henry's post?

....Two of the others have the comments and shares stuff in Dutch as well. 

I do Facebook so little that I'm baffled by all the Dutch. Is Jessa a Dutch-speaking Facebook member or what? Or do random languages pop up on everybody's posts? Totally confused here. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Jessa sat there and posted a dozen, sayings of, at once.

13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

....Two of the others have the comments and shares stuff in Dutch as well. 

I do Facebook so little that I'm baffled by all the Dutch. Is Jessa a Dutch-speaking Facebook member or what? Or do random languages pop up on everybody's posts? Totally confused here. 

Maybe @BigBingerBro is Dutch?

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa sat there and posted a dozen, sayings of, at once.

Maybe @BigBingerBro is Dutch?

Yeah, that must be it. Good deduction. 

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I can't copy the tweet, but Jessa now has #sayingsofIvy. I guess Henry's garbled speech never merited a hashtag. ☹️

Well, turns out Henry has a saying after all. I guess I'm relieved.....😁 Poor Henry.

• Love 1

It's a small thing, but I feel like Jessa should know it's Ole Miss, not Old. I picked it up by osmosis living in football-loving Southern states, and I never watch football voluntarily.

Edited by Portia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, Portia said:

It's a small thing, but I feel like Jessa should know it's Ole Miss, not Old. I picked it up by osmosis living in football-loving Southern states, and I never watch football voluntarily.

She probably got tore a new one by residents of MS. 😁

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Again, not saying I'm the best Christian - but aren't the Pharisees the bad guys in the New Testament? Jesus is trying to show people that their brand of showoff religion is bad, right? So perhaps Jessa's children shouldn't be trying to emulate them??

And what 6 year old knows the ins and outs of tithing? 🙄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

And what 6 year old knows the ins and outs of tithing? 🙄

He's going to become quite poor quickly if he's still a churchgoer as an adult. I kinda love the concept of giving Jesus a tenth of everything you own every Sunday. After a few months you're gonna be close to owning nothing, but thanks to Zeno's paradox, you're never really going to get there. So Jesus will almost bankrupt you in short order -- but he'll never quite bankrupt you completely. Proves he's a loving God, I guess. 

I wonder if Spurge will ever get any actual math lessons......Unfortunately, I doubt he'll ever get any interesting or engaging ones. Sickening to think that this generation seems likely to have whatever potential they've got pretty well snuffed out, too. 

And I wish Bin'd stop reading the stuff about original sin to tiny children over and over and over. Are they anxious to produce the earliest-ever fundie-child revelation about being a hopeless miserable sinner who deserves to burn alive for eternity? The current record seems to be about age 3. 

What with the college football and bible reading obsessions apparently all that's on the menu, seems to me a super-oppressive air of boredom must hang about that house all the time. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

And I wish Bin'd stop reading the stuff about original sin to tiny children over and over and over. Are they anxious to produce the earliest-ever fundie-child revelation about being a hopeless miserable sinner who deserves to burn alive for eternity? The current record seems to be about age 3. 

The bible is a horrible book for small children unless it's been toned down into children's stories. There's mass genocide (Noah's ark), cities wiped out for god down to the littlest infant, plus slavery, incest, rape, torture, and violence. Then you add on the concepts of being born sinful, being doomed to hell unless you do what your parents tell you to do to be saved, and the myriad of extra sins and punishments added by whatever church or belief system your parents follow. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

The bible is a horrible book for small children unless it's been toned down into children's stories. There's mass genocide (Noah's ark), cities wiped out for god down to the littlest infant, plus slavery, incest, rape, torture, and violence. Then you add on the concepts of being born sinful, being doomed to hell unless you do what your parents tell you to do to be saved, and the myriad of extra sins and punishments added by whatever church or belief system your parents follow. 

Even some of the kid Bibles are kind of scary. I'll never forget opening up a preschool Bible to start reading it to my 3 year old. The first page was describing wiping the blood of lambs over doorways - with a picture.

Not being versed in Bible stories, I think I quick made up a story about being neighborly and painting or something. 

• Love 9

My oldest grand went to church camp when she was about 5 and their theme was Joseph and his brothers. For weeks after, she would walk around screaming "they threw him in a pit!". When reading whatever version of the story, to small children, there was a pause for the kids to respond and "they threw him in a pit!" was the correct response.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

My oldest grand went to church camp when she was about 5 and their theme was Joseph and his brothers. For weeks after, she would walk around screaming "they threw him in a pit!". When reading whatever version of the story, to small children, there was a pause for the kids to respond and "they threw him in a pit!" was the correct response.

Just wait until she finds out about circumcision!

• LOL 6
On 10/9/2021 at 2:31 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

I can't copy the tweet, but Jessa now has #sayingsofIvy. I guess Henry's garbled speech never merited a hashtag. ☹️

We need an eye roll emoji as an option for commenting. 

• Love 7
Just now, xwordfanatik said:

Is anyone here old enough to remember "Kids Say the Darndest Things" by Art Linkletter?  He had a 60's TV show.  

Jessa, quit trying to make your made-up kids talk happen!  You're not a TV stah any more.

It was revived in more recent times and starred a serial rapist recently released from prison on a technicality.  I do remember the original, though.  However, those kids really were smart and funny.  If a kid wasn't saying funny stuff, Art just moved right along to the next kid.  Jessa is either not smart enough or doesn't hear enough funny stuff from her kids to realize that most of what she posts about their quips is inane, not interesting.

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hadn't heard of the revival or the serial rapist involved.

Jessa's not a good judge of what's funny, IMO.  She is reminding me of JillR and her fantasy stuff she has to be making up.  

The revival starring BC was in the late 90's.

Yeah, I think Jessa wasn't exposed to stuff that was really funny as a kid; it seems like most of their sense of humor involved playing cruel tricks on one another.  Hence, their delightful attempts to kill a cat while sledding.  I think that if any Duggar ever said anything clever or funny, it was by accident and went unnoticed.  So, Jessa just doesn't have a clue that the stuff she is posting is not even a little bit funny.

• Love 21

Ben's shilling a Christian TV network on IG. Am I the only one that finds his voice grating?

Am I the only one that finds Ben's "me and my family" grating? Is he still a "teacher" for the SDRT?

Edited by monkeypox
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, SMama said:

No, it’s not only you, grating AF. I  wonder if he was compensated for that drivel.

He probably gets paid in VHS cassettes of their shows.

And AGTV is also the "Agriculture TV" network.  So plenty of shit on both channels, I imagine.   

Somebody needs to post THAT link in his IG to send people to the wrong app.  Fun times.   

Edited by SnapHappy
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

One of the comments said Ben would be great at doing voiceovers. What do you think @GeeGolly ? 😂🤣😂

Ben needs to get a job to properly support his family, and stop Jessa’s addiction to be a human Pez dispenser.

• Love 10