Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ben's shilling a Christian TV network on IG. Am I the only one that finds his voice grating?

I find it quite grating on this shilling post.

But in his sermons -- at least the ones I've listened to -- he doesn't seem to have the same voice. He hasn't come across as shouty at all, and I didn't notice any of that kind of edge to his voice that's in this. In the sermons, his voice just came across as low key, fairly pleasantly modulated and conversational, to me at least. Odd. Although I suppose he's trying for something different in the two venues. Here he's trying to be like a late-night tv ad for the local used-car place. .... He shouldn't try for that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

One of the comments said Ben would be great at doing voiceovers. 

These are the same people who think that Laura, Jana and the other Duggar sisters always wear beautiful clothes and look gorgeous. And who think the sayingsoftoddlersxyz are both wise and hilarious. 

They really do have fervent fans. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

IMO, there is nothing wrong with watching tv programs of this nature, I do, at times, also, but does this family ever to anything that doesn't include God? I feel sorry for those 4 children who seemingly have nothing but God and religion shoved down their throats. I bet even their math lessons include religion..."Noah was loading up the ark with animals, 2 by 2..if he loaded 5 sets of them, how many.....". Jessa and Ben are 2 boring people. I think Jessa has bullied the life out of Ben.

• Love 21

Jessa got an app for a kids religious channel. When the kids are playing with everyday things, their imaginations must only include religious stuff. 

Look mommy, I'm building an ark. #SayingsofSpurge

This isn't a cheeseball, its an apple from the Garden of Eden. #SayingsofHenry

Wait mommy, I'm putting Baby Jesus in the manger. #SayingsofIvy

• LOL 13
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Does anyone else find it alarming how obsessed the Seewald kids are over food? All kids like to eat, I get it, but Jessa's are constantly sneaking and scrounging. I know Jessa makes a lot of shit up, but we've seen evidence of this behavior in her YouTube videos. Spurge talking about diets, Ivy crawling into the fridge, Henry falling asleep with a box of crackers, etc. Do they not eat regular, balanced meals? I wonder if Jessa even realizes how shitty of a parent this makes her (and Bin) look?

Food and the Bible.

...and lying. Jessa is proud of Ivy for lying to Spurge.

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

7rbxt58u2hu71.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Apparently Henry's on his way to being a famous evangelist, a megachurch preacher, or President of Liberty U or the Family Research Council. 

He's already learned to creatively use Bible verses to lie, cheat, and put women in their place while unduly enriching himself. 

I used to have some hope for Henry......But clearly Jessa and Bin are providing him with the pinnacle of Duggar-style childraising and education. (but not with adequate nutrition)

Edited by Churchhoney
25 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Does anyone else find it alarming how obsessed the Seewald kids are over food?

If Henry is scrounging for snacks immediately after waking up, you can pretty much say for cure that they do not get fed or prepared regular meals.   Had this been a one-off posting, I would not have thought twice about it.  Jessa has consistently shared things that clearly show their lack of structured meals.

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And why does Spurgeon have his own special box of candy?

It’s started at the TTH, JB bought school lockers at an auction and each kid was assigned one. Although there were no locks. One of their cherished possessions was their individual candy stash. I’d rather they had fresh fruits and vegetables, but what do I know. Jill told a story about Joy sneaking candy from her stash. Of course it turned into a teaching moment hitting all the appropriate bible teachings.

I have a question for Henry, The Theologian: How does his father eat? 

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I believe the part about Henry scrounging around for pretzel bits, but the rest…not so much. 

I totally believe it because those kids are inundated with Bible study and memorization by their parents.  No outside friends, no real school, and a dad who thinks bonding time means acting out scary Bible scenes to his toddlers. It’s religion 24/7 as Jessa and Ben doom their children to mediocre -but pious-lives.

• Love 8

I could see these being events that almost sort of happened as written (with a little Jessa embroidery) or events that Jessa made up out of whole cloth. 

But I know they're examples of something about the Duggarlings that's very depressing to me.

And it's that over and over and over again, adult Duggarlings spout crap that's just exactly the crap I know their parents indoctrinated them into as kids.....and from which they apparently haven't moved on a millimeter, because they've had virtually no other influences except occasionally some other boobs from inside the exact same bubble. 

And whether they've already got their little kids spouting these same indoctrinations or they're just putting them into the kids' mouths via social-media fiction, it's still clear that the households this next generation is growing up in ring to the rafters with the same poisonous nonsense that permeates the TTH.....and nothing else. 

Depressing. 

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Suzn said:

If by some slim chance this really happened, this is a child obsessed with food and religion.  It doesn't sound like something a small child would say, but if so, there is something creepy about a child thinking that way.  Jessa is raising warped children.

Also - these people don’t work! How is that lost on Jessa? I guess they shouldn’t be eating.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Also - these people don’t work! How is that lost on Jessa? I guess they shouldn’t be eating.

They seem to have adopted a family definition of "work" that isn't recognized by the outside world. 

I mean, sometimes Sinner Twin's plane is his office. 

And the Medic boys consider skydiving to be important preparatory work for medical missions. 

And Meeechelle's back muscle is missing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

I don’t know if the children’s food issues are lack of adequate food and structure or a lack of discipline. I have relatives whose children are unruly, undisciplined, and quite frankly, un-parented. They eat constantly and will eat you out of house and home. I’m talking drinking six gallons of juice in two days (yes, they really did).  They’ve never been taught portion control, self control, or to not touch and eat everything they see.  Since we know Jessa lets the children run feral, her kids may be like this too.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

They seem to have adopted a family definition of "work" that isn't recognized by the outside world. 

I mean, sometimes Sinner Twin's plane is his office. 

And the Medic boys consider skydiving to be important preparatory work for medical missions. 

And Meeechelle's back muscle is missing. 

And just being a living example of righteousness and a role model for young Christian wives and mothers everywhere must be an exhausting full-time job.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Man, I really want Jessa to be lying about Henry saying that. Obnoxious, sure, but it's so typical mommy influencer behavior that it gets nothing but a, "Sure, Jan" from me. But if she's telling the truth and Henry did say that or close to it? It always bums me out how good fundies are at indoctrinating small children. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I don’t know if the children’s food issues are lack of adequate food and structure or a lack of discipline. I have relatives whose children are unruly, undisciplined, and quite frankly, un-parented. 

I tend to think it's the latter and it makes me wonder, where the hell is Bin in all of this? He's a pastor at a podunk church that doesn't even have 50 likes on Facebook. His job isn't that demanding to where he can't shoulder some of the household responsibilities. I can't figure out if he's lazy, or if Jessa is so hard to deal with that he's given up? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I can't figure out if he's lazy, or if Jessa is so hard to deal with that he's given up? 

I think it's the latter. Bin is obviously not the headship in his house and I'm betting he's trailing Spurgeon and possibly Ivy in importance in Jessa's eyes. At church people respect him and he doesn't have to deal with kids who are beginning to catch on that daddy doesn't count.

• Love 14

How do we know that Ben has the respect of his (small) congregation? From what we know from people checking out the church's website, he doesn't even preach every week. Maybe they like the other guy more. There's no way for us to know, either way. I hope that preaching is everything he hoped it would be; the poor guy deserves some happiness.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

Was this the same church he worked with while he was in school for 6 years? If he had established a relationship with the congregation before stepping into the pastor role, respect would be easier to earn. But respect has to be earned; he has to prove his theological chops, especially being so young. 

• Love 5

I think the Seewald kids lack structure, especially around meal times. I also think boredom and their house contributes to their haphazard eating. They basically live in two rooms - one with a toy box and the other with a fridge.

I don't know which is worse, Henry saying something like "no work, then no food" with Jessa cleaning it up a bit, or Henry saying the exact Bible quote. 

Then there's the fact that its okay for Henry to be eating snack foods first thing in the morning. That says a lot about the Seewald household. I'm guessing Jessa spends a fair amount of time on the couch tending to the youngest child while "overseeing" the older ones.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

The home "school" at the Seewalds will surely accomplish wonderful things, won't it? 

The Seewald kids can recite Bible verses from memory, what else do they need to learn?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

How do we know that Ben has the respect of his (small) congregation? From what we know from people checking out the church's website, he doesn't even preach every week. Maybe they like the other guy more. There's no way for us to know, either way. I hope that preaching is everything he hoped it would be; the poor guy deserves some happiness.

Didn’t someone say he gave virtual sermons only? Maybe I misunderstood.

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jessa posted the same “sayings” on Twitter and Facebook. Perhaps she’s trying to get her Twitter followers up. On Instagram she has 2.2m. On Twitter she has 193.4K.

Interesting. She can’t delete comments on Twitter.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the Seewald kids lack structure, especially around meal times. I also think boredom and their house contributes to their haphazard eating. They basically live in two rooms - one with a toy box and the other with a fridge.

I don't know which is worse, Henry saying something like "no work, then no food" with Jessa cleaning it up a bit, or Henry saying the exact Bible quote. 

Then there's the fact that its okay for Henry to be eating snack foods first thing in the morning. That says a lot about the Seewald household. I'm guessing Jessa spends a fair amount of time on the couch tending to the youngest child while "overseeing" the older ones.

So depressing to think another generation is consigned to such a miserable lot in life.  It's even worse to realize there's absolutely no valid reason for this situation to exist.   

• Love 12

How can these kids be healthy with their diet of pretzels for breakfast?  Henry grabs the pretzels first thing when he gets up and Jessa doesn't even realize how things like this sound.

• Love 14
Just now, Suzn said:

How can these kids be healthy with their diet of pretzels for breakfast?  Henry grabs the pretzels first thing when he gets up and Jessa doesn't even realize how things like this sound.

And they also seem to have a lot of junk food in the house regularly. Candy, chips, pretzels. I thought Bin was into healthy eating?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Didn’t someone say he gave virtual sermons only? Maybe I misunderstood.

Yeah, it's virtual sermons only. 

it's not clear to me that anybody even goes near that church these days.

I've never seen them list any events on their website or on social media -- even virtual ones.....except for the Sunday sermons. Maybe they announce everything by mail, I suppose, and I don't look all that often. But I've seen virtually no activity of any kind when I have looked. 

• Love 5