Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She must’ve deleted this one.  I couldn’t find it on FB.  If Henry truly did say that, that’s sick IMO.  I mean, WTH are they teaching these kids?!

I was posting this when you were asking this question. So -- things are bad and crazy, but not quite this crazy! : 

"The post is a parody [from Reddit, I guess]. The quotation is a real quotation but not from the "official" books of the Bible.

"It's from one of the Gnostic Gospels, called the Gospel of Judas, one of the many other writings about Jesus created in the first few centuries AD, when many many interpretations of the new religion were floating around, and no power structure had yet come into place to pull together the books acceptable to them and then try to destroy all the others. 😈

"The others got hidden by people in sects that embraced them and they've slowly crept back into the purview of historians and archaeologists. This quote comes from one that was fairly recently discovered and only translated from a Coptic dialect into English about 15 years ago."

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Reading all that about Bible memorization makes me sad.

But on the other hand it makes me glad that my kids quoted Anne of Green Gables every night as my husband and/or I went down the stairs after tucking them in. 

We would ask them, "What kind of day will tomorrow be?" and they would answer, "A fresh day with no mistakes... yet".

To me that feels so much healthier, than the stuff the Duggar/Seewald children are forced to spout.

Here's a fundie take on Anne of Green Gables you may enjoy /s. (I'd suggest we pass it on to Jessa for future reference, but I'm sure her church and cult upbringing have armed her against bad influences like this.)

I might think this was funny if it weren't so damn horrifying because there are millions of people who believe or at least try to believe this crap -- and if tv hadn't given the Duggars a show for double digits of years to showcase a "ministry" that totally buys damaging crap exactly like this.

People who talk like this aren't joking and they're out in force at the conferences and such that Duggars, Seewalds, Vuolos, etc., fervently attend. As we've often said here, one of the most dangerous aspects of the Duggar religion is that there's no distinction made between different levels of immorality. Sneaking a peek at a Playboy pic or sneaking a front hug -- same damn things as watching the DD video or, in fact, murder.....They stress this again and again. I have a hard time thinking of any ideas that could be much more damaging than that, really. And it's fully on display in this preaching about AGG:  

"There are many dangers in Anne of Green Gables (some of them I will discuss later. Perhaps the one that is most prominent is the one chief theme that the series revolves around. It is not the Lord Jesus Christ. It is not the truth of the Bible. It is imaginations.

"...Imagination is the heart of the AGG series. Anne’s entire identity is wrapped up in it. But something that should be especially concerning to believers is how Anne uses her imagination to not only give her feelings of pleasure, but to separate herself from problems or fears. They are her refuge. They are her comfort. They give her an exit from what is happening. She draws near to them in time of need instead of drawing near to the Lord for those things. The result is young girls learn from Anne’s response to trials. But they don’t learn to look to God, they learn to do what Anne does because it seems to work for her in those books! It is portrayed as a good way to handle life’s problems! And while this is only one of the many places girls learn to copy the waywardness of Anne, it is perhaps one of the most dangerous. It leads children down the road of running to things of the flesh that give pleasure for help instead of God.

"...On the surface, Anne of Green Gables may look wholesome and appealing. And in comparison with many contemporary book series of today it may certainly seem quite harmless. But Satan employs many methods to attack Christians, and his favorite is to start out very imperceptibly. His tactic is to slowly, gradually lead us astray. He is not blatant with us. He is not direct. That would scare us off, and he wants to entice. He wants to start us out on something that looks good and feels good but ultimately is a trap. He appears as an angel of light, not a terrifying hideous creature of darkness. That is why it is so important to be on your guard when it comes to anything you put in your mind.

"...If you accept any bit of that which is wicked you will eventually become completely wicked. If you think a small dose of wickedness won’t effect you, beware. God is not a liar like man. You WILL be affected by it and it WON’T stop there. It will war against you in the weak places first and then piece by piece, little by little, bit by bit you will be broken down and your inhibitions will be so ruined that can no longer stand for anything."

https://herhighcalling.com/anne-of-green-gables-harmless-fables/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Just what I want my four year spouting about - sex and death.

Wait!  Was that for real???  I assumed it was a snark page.

Jessa, please read your kids Winnie the Pooh or Dr. Seus.  Anything but the bible.  Please!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, louannems said:

Wait!  Was that for real???  I assumed it was a snark page.

Jessa, please read your kids Winnie the Pooh or Dr. Seus.  Anything but the bible.  Please!

Wasn't for real. (from Reddit, I think). And wasn't a bible quote either. I explained the source above.....

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Zella said:

Whoever wrote that originally must be a lot of fun at parties and definitely not a kindred spirit, as Anne would say. I've met some uber fundies in my day, but so far, nobody who shits on Anne of Green Gables for turning people from God and leading people to Satan. 

I hadn't actually heard or seen anybody say this flat out until last year. But then I heard it in real life......So.....

You'd think having Moody Spurgeon McPherson in a book would placate them, but I guess that's probably considered a really tricky tool of Satan's to suck them in. 😁

I find it very similar to MacArthur's argument about why it's wrong to point out social injustices or protest to end them. Doing those is simply wrong because it takes your attention off of Jesus and away from the fact that a Christian is required to refer any and all problems of whatever kind to God and nowhere else. .... That's been his argument against therapy, too, of course. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Whoever wrote that originally must be a lot of fun at parties and definitely not a kindred spirit, as Anne would say. I've met some uber fundies in my day, but so far, nobody who shits on Anne of Green Gables for turning people from God and leading people to Satan. 

I still use “kindred spirit.” How dare fundies try to ruin a wonderful series of books.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, beckie said:

It's also hashtagged sayings of Spurgeon, even though Henry supposedly said it. That should point to it being fake also.

The original post started with a quote from Henry but ended with "wisdom" from Spurge. That's why it was hashtagged as it was.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Looks like a cute kid posed on a nasty old sofa. Or, did they finally replace old Birtha?

It almost seems wrong to turn Birtha into landfill. Think of all the shit (both literally and figuratively) she's seen. She deserves a nice retirement and a lifetime supply of steam cleaning.

• LOL 23

Fern is really cute. Jessa’s babies have all been so roly-poly. Does anyone know - are chubby babies mostly due to the “quality” and quantity of the mother’s milk? Or is it more genetic? For instance, do you think Ben’s genes create the large babies?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I’m sure Spurgeon is learning so much with 2 siblings standing by him all the time. Wait till Fern starts walking, she’ll be right there with Henry and Ivy. 

A93F5E9F-BA82-4F34-B6F8-DA1F46845D61.jpeg

Edited by Madtown

I think Jessa uses gel on the kids and scrunches their hair for curls when she's trying to do "cute" photos.  I don't think any of them have more than slightly wavy hair naturally.   My grandkids did that workbook that Spurgeon is doing when they were three.  Maybe Jessa should give it to Henry.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Madtown said:

I’m sure Spurgeon is learning so much with 2 siblings standing by him all the time. Wait till Fern starts walking, she’ll be right there with Henry and Ivy. 

Jessa should try styling her own ugly mop of hair like Ivy’s.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Madtown said:

Seems to me Jessa's always trying to make an impression about the Duggars' unbeatable ways. What kind of impression does this make?

Because it impresses me with the sad thought that Spurge's likely to be so poorly educated he's lucky Jim Bob will still be offering lifelong employment to his offspring's offspring for the next 40 years or so. 

• Love 2

spurge hangs a sign on the door saying "boys only" 

oh wait, spurge can't write and probably doesn't know how to use tape...

meanwhile Izzy is learning to write sentences, sequences and patterns, math grouping tens etc. all the while saying "recess is my favorite school thing"

• Love 23
On 10/25/2021 at 4:32 PM, Churchhoney said:

Because it impresses me with the sad thought that Spurge's likely to be so poorly educated he's lucky Jim Bob will still be offering lifelong employment to his offspring's offspring for the next 40 years or so. 

Jim Bob won't be around 40 years from now. At the rate he's spending on Smugs, neither will his money. Maybe Ben should do some planning. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

WOACB said today that, according to her source, Ben is telling people that Jessa's social media (Youtube, etc.) is paying their bills.  (He has a salary as a pastor but it is not much.)  Also, they are considering moving to a bigger home.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I honestly hope that isn't true, because if it is, Bin is freaking pathetic. If his pastor's salary can't cover their bills, then get a second job and stop having kids. Jessa shouldn't have to be the stay at home parent AND the primary breadwinner. 

And it goes against the whole Duggar/cult rule that the man provides and the woman just has babies.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

And it goes against the whole Duggar/cult rule that the man provides and the woman just has babies.

Jessa has been the breadwinner for their entire marriage. They relied on TLC while Ben matriculated for 6 years.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I honestly hope that isn't true, because if it is, Bin is freaking pathetic. If his pastor's salary can't cover their bills, then get a second job and stop having kids. Jessa shouldn't have to be the stay at home parent AND the primary breadwinner. 

Well, Jessa's the primary breadwinner after Jim Bob. 

Your point remains valid, however! 

• Love 7

Maybe Jessa is weighing suing JB and losing her family. I'm thinking the Dillards got somewhere around $250,000 - $500,000. JB better watch out, the whole lot of them could turn on him.

Then they can pitch a new show to TLC, Ten Estranged Duggars and Counting.

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I guess Ivy is going to have really long hair, just like Mama. 😕

Both Ivy and Felicity are wearing rat's nests on their heads.  Shorter and easier to maintain would look so much better.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Based on Jessa’s social media that I’ve seen, they must not have many bills. She posts too infrequently and inconsistently and her content is boring.  But I think the Seewalds want us to believe that they are not dependent on JBoob. Or WOACB could just be making it up or the “source” could be exaggerating their Ben connection. 

Exactly. And does she have much, if any, sponsored content? Unless her sporadic youtube videos get so many hits that she's making a killing per video, there's just no way she an be pulling in that much money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10