Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Totally said:

Spurge has the wavy til brushed type of hair,not true curly hair.Jessa has no idea how what to do with his hair

Wavy til brushed hair is still wavy hair. Brush wavy/curly hair and you end up with frizzy hair unless you slather on product like they did with Spurgeon in that picture. 

There's apparently a whole genre on tiktok involving women discovering they've had wavy/curly hair the whole time, not simply frizzy straight hair. 

7 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is it just the perspective, or is Ivy tall for her age?  She appears to be almost as big as Henry.

I was thinking the same thing. She looks really tall. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Totally said:

Spurge has the wavy til brushed type of hair,not true curly hair.Jessa has no idea how what to do with his hair

Exactly.  Cut a bit shorter and more evenly from top to bottom, it can be more easily styled.  She leaves a big splot of hair on top so she can scrunch it into being curlier than it naturally is.  Then it falls in his eyes and looks unkempt.  Grandson has that wavy hair that needs a spritz (not a lot) of leave in conditioner and a professional hair cut to look good.  

The OP is right.  Do not go near curly/wavy hair with a regular hair brush.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Totally said:

Okay. I stand corrected. TBH I just remember him as a toddler with those cute tousled curls for awhile. Then he got older and Jessa kept posting photos of him with unkempt and not-cute hair. I assumed it was still curly, and not properly cut or cared for. Whether it's curly or wavy, Jessa's not doing right by Spurgeon's hair. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is it just the perspective, or is Ivy tall for her age?  She appears to be almost as big as Henry.

She's one of those creepy giant babies you may have read about. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Okay. I stand corrected. TBH I just remember him as a toddler with those cute tousled curls for awhile. Then he got older and Jessa kept posting photos of him with unkempt and not-cute hair. I assumed it was still curly, and not properly cut or cared for. Whether it's curly or wavy, Jessa's not doing right by Spurgeon's hair. 

I wasn’t trying to correct you, just saying what I think about his hair 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Totally said:

I wasn’t trying to correct you, just saying what I think about his hair 

Oh, I know you weren't. But I give you credit for being more perceptive about the state of his hair than I am. 🙂  We’re good!!

Edited by Jeeves
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E2C87780-65BC-42EF-8656-F8D2B18B5AF9.jpeg

You know, Jessa's comment fits Jessa perfectly. No emojis or overly high enthusiasm (like what we may see in Carlin). 

If Jessa were a mainstream teenager in the 90s, she would probably be a Daria fan.

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

You know, Jessa's comment fits Jessa perfectly. No emojis or overly high enthusiasm (like what we may see in Carlin). 

If Jessa were a mainstream teenager in the 90s, she would probably be a Daria fan.

Unfair! Daria is my spirit animal. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I was the mother of tweens in the 90s, and a Daria fan myself. Come to think of it, I may share some attributes with Jessa as far as being a bit less than invested in people in general but for one best friend and whoever I had an unrequited crush on. If I was Daria, I would totally have had a crush on Trent. In fact, I did kind of have a crush on my best friend's brother who played drums in a band. Of course, Jessa is nowhere near as bookish as Daria, so the comparison kinda falls apart in that level. Sorry, real content is kinda minimal here, I know. 

I could also talk about Spurge's hair, but that would also be apt to veer off into personal anecdote, so I should stop here.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I was the mother of tweens in the 90s, and a Daria fan myself. Come to think of it, I may share some attributes with Jessa as far as being a bit less than invested in people in general but for one best friend and whoever I had an unrequited crush on. If I was Daria, I would totally have had a crush on Trent. In fact, I did kind of have a crush on my best friend's brother who played drums in a band. Of course, Jessa is nowhere near as bookish as Daria, so the comparison kinda falls apart in that level. Sorry, real content is kinda minimal here, I know. 

I could also talk about Spurge's hair, but that would also be apt to veer off into personal anecdote, so I should stop here.

I also had (many) crushes on guys like Trent. I don’t think Jessa would have. She’d have been too many being a mean girl cheerleader type. I also don’t think she gets snark, she doesn’t really have a sense of humor.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I also had (many) crushes on guys like Trent. I don’t think Jessa would have. She’d have been too many being a mean girl cheerleader type. I also don’t think she gets snark, she doesn’t really have a sense of humor.

No way would Jessa ever have been a cheerleader. Jumping and cheering and frenetic enthusiasm for a crowd? She'd be the one making mean comments about the cheerleaders and overall being above school spirit. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, lascuba said:

No way would Jessa ever have been a cheerleader. Jumping and cheering and frenetic enthusiasm for a crowd? She'd be the one making mean comments about the cheerleaders and overall being above school spirit. 

Not totally convinced she'd've never been a cheerleader. I can see her gritting her teeth and doing it if she thought there was something significant to gain, as she does in her current situation......She may not jump and yell, but she certainly shows frenetic enthusiasm for her parents' evil, asinine Gothardism in those lengthy video paeans she periodically makes for them and posts for the general public and her millions of followers.

I wonder if she isn't one of the Duggarlings who's harmed most by not having the chance to be either of the things you mention.

If anything, her current life seems as if it may be making her less energetic and more sour all the time. I feel as if, while some of the Duggarlings can be fairly content in the small world they've been handed, Jessa's likely a person who'd; be way better off if she'd had  more freedom, options and a wider world to operate in and cope with. She doesn't seem to enjoy much of anything that's available in her world, including parenting. So where does she go from here? There's only so much that enjoying coffee can do for you. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Not totally convinced she'd've never been a cheerleader. I can see her gritting her teeth and doing it if she thought there was something significant to gain, as she does in her current situation......She may not jump and yell, but she certainly shows frenetic enthusiasm for her parents' evil, asinine Gothardism in those lengthy video paeans she periodically makes for them and posts for the general public and her millions of followers.

I wonder if she isn't one of the Duggarlings who's harmed most by not having the chance to be either of the things you mention.

If anything, her current life seems as if it may be making her less energetic and more sour all the time. I feel as if, while some of the Duggarlings can be fairly content in the small world they've been handed, Jessa's likely a person who'd; be way better off if she'd had  more freedom, options and a wider world to operate in. She doesn't seem to enjoy much of anything that's available in her world, including parenting. So where does she go from here? There's only so much that enjoying coffee can do for you. 

I wouldn't say she's enthusiastic so much as grimly determined.  And she's SUCH a bad actress...I don't think she'd make a cheerleading squad even if she wanted to. 

I've always thought that Jessa was the most harmed in that lifestyle--both by her parent's physical abuse and the utter mismatch of her personality and belief system. And now she's well and truly stuck. I think she really would have been much better off not getting married when she did, and certainly not with Duggar fanboy Ben. I understand wanting to get out from under her parents, but as controlling as JB and Michelle are in many ways, Jana seems to do her own thing more often than not. If Jessa had had a few more years to grow up a bit, she not only might have had a better understanding of herself and the type of man who'd be a good match for her, but she could have figured out just how much bullshit her life was and gotten out. She was always the one who seemed to know that her parents are ridiculously full of shit--if she hadn't married, that knowledge could have solidified  with time. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jessa, Jana, Laura, and assorted Seewalds at this year's G3 conference. Did Jer speak this year? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUiZ7yzLK5H/?utm_medium=copy_link

eta No Jer this year, but Johnny Mac and Voddie were featured speakers.

Everybody on the program seems to have an actual adult job, profession or vocation. Maybe somebody said, Stop it with dragging in this student every damn time. 

And I'm sorry but I don't think Jessa looks good with all that hair. There's just too much of it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jessa, Jana, Laura, and assorted Seewalds at this year's G3 conference. Did Jer speak this year? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUiZ7yzLK5H/?utm_medium=copy_link

eta No Jer this year, but Johnny Mac and Voddie were featured speakers.

So how do these speakers’ views tie in with gothardism?

12 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Everybody on the program seems to have an actual adult job, profession or vocation. Maybe somebody said, Stop it with dragging in this student every damn time. 

And I'm sorry but I don't think Jessa looks good with all that hair. There's just too much of it. 

Neither does Jana. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

So how do these speakers’ views tie in with gothardism?

Well, Gothardism -- a philosophy and self-help system of sorts rather than a church -- was deliberately designed to fit or at least be fittable with all conservative and conservativish Protestant churches.

BG didn't want to deprive himself of any takers (read: dollars and source of young girls/women to mess with) because he went too much in any one Protestant direction -- he didn't prioritize Calvinist or Baptist thinking, for example. People could bring their Baptist or Methodist or Presbyterian or whatever beliefs into his world that they wanted.

All he was interested in doing was telling them how to keep their kids under control (and, more stealthily, how to keep their women under control.) And he could find people who wanted that in any church group, especially back in the 60s, 70s and 80s when modern chidlhood and teenagerdom were shocking some people a lot. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

Gothard didn't fair nearly as well in non-conservative circles.  His literature was mainly found in the very conservative Baptist circles.  He hit in some conservative Reformed circles.  He didn't make good inroads in Methodism and other more mainline denominations.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Fern is a cutie.

Did Jana get cheek fillers? Something about her face looks different but I can't put my finger on it.

I was just going to comment on Jana's face. I don't think she's gotten any work done, but she's aging in a really strange way in the face. And while I personally find pants easier to style than skirts, Jana clearly has no clue what to wear with pants. She looks frumpy as hell. Jessa doesn't look at all stylish, but she looks...fine. Doesn't stand out in a positive OR negative way, to me. In person, Jana would make me do a "oh, honey, no" double take.

4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

It parting down the middle a new trend?

It's apparently a gen z thing? There was this thing on social media a while back where the youths were mocking millenials for their side parts and skinny jeans. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I was just going to comment on Jana's face. I don't think she's gotten any work done, but she's aging in a really strange way in the face. And while I personally find pants easier to style than skirts, Jana clearly has no clue what to wear with pants. She looks frumpy as hell. Jessa doesn't look at all stylish, but she looks...fine. Doesn't stand out in a positive OR negative way, to me. In person, Jana would make me do a "oh, honey, no" double take.

It's apparently a gen z thing? There was this thing on social media a while back where the youths were mocking millenials for their side parts and skinny jeans. 

Well, except for her cardigan, which why oh why does it always have to be mustard?

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Well, except for her cardigan, which why oh why does it always have to be mustard?

I hate all shades of yellow and mustard especially makes my complexion look like death, so when I see it on someone I'm never sure if it actually looks bad or I just hate the color too much to be objective. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

I hate all shades of yellow and mustard especially makes my complexion look like death, so when I see it on someone I'm never sure if it actually looks bad or I just hate the color too much to be objective. 

We must be shade twins. Mustard and gold make me look corpse-like too. I guess I have too much yellow in my undertone.  Someone should point Jessa to other jewel tones like emerald or sapphire blue. Mustard ain’t it with all that mousy hair.

• Love 7

I've been told by people more fashionable than me that seasonal coloring analysis is hopelessly outdated, but as someone who is not good at picking colors that go well with my coloring or just color coordination in general, finding out I was a deep autumn and that's why I look like shit in pastels and couldn't wear some things that looked stunning on my deep winter relatives was a godsend for me.

I suspect it may not be on any of their radars, but it would probably help them think more about their individual coloring and what looks better with it. Even just learning whether they are warm or cool absent seasonal colors would help.

Unfortunately, I suspect a lot of this is a side effect of the communal closet. They were basically taught as children and young women that clothing was an interchangeable commodity, regardless of whether it really fit or matched well, so as adults, it's not unsurprising they continue following that rule of thumb. 

• Love 19
11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Certainly doesn't.

I was so mesmerized by Jessa's I didn't even notice. Jana's lucky that some of her actual hair is hidden behind other people in the picture. 

I think they both have too much length, but Jessa looks at least one order of magnitude more ridic because her hair is so thick it's like a heavy curtain. I wonder if she gets migraines from carrying around all that extra weight?

Also, Jana has better fashion sense, so overall, with her it's just a better presentation. If Jessa hadn't already scored a man, just based on the outward package, I'd bet no one would give her a second glance <smirk> (not that I'm condoning judging people based on appearances, but, hey, people do do it, and this group--meaning the Duggars--certainly isn't adverse to it). Or maybe that's why she's let herself go, because she's already got herself a man and doesn't feel the need to make herself look good for anyone? 🤔 (Although she could still get a decent haircut. What about for practical reasons? Wouldn't you think she and Ben get all tangled up in it during sex?)

Edited by graefin
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jana's blazer is too large for her. I don't understand this sudden shift in her wardrobe. Does anyone have any idea what's going on with her?

The shows over now Jana has to get a job 😉

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I'm guessing Jana is already married and pregnant.  I know, bad guess, but there it is.

I swear, my longest held unlikely-but-I-still-believe-it-will-happen Duggar prediction is that Jana will secretly get married and have babies and the Duggars will never announce any of it publicly. We'll just see random pictures of her with husband and kids with no explanation and when the tabloids contact them with questions they'll never respond. 

CO getting canceled is a dream come true for her. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 14

I'm not sure Jana's blazer is too big or it's pulled to the side so it looks larger than it is.  At least she should be able to button it unlike the other woman in the photo where her jacket is too tight.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2