Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I think Jessa is still a very pretty girl.  She has too much hair and her clothes are not flattering, but not egregious.

I've never thought Jana was particularly attractive, just very bland.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Jana is wearing a double breasted jacket. They never really look good unbuttoned, because of the extra fabric.

Wasn't Jana with Jinger when she bought her infamous plaid blazer? Jana should know better, Jinger's jacket could have had its own IG account.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I think that Jessa et al. wouldn't look so much like they have too much hair if they didn't bring it all forward for pictures and instead just let it hang down their back naturally (or pushed it back there for pictures, like I did).  I suspect they are showing it off, "crowning glory" and all. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think little Fern looks like Mrs Seewald and Ben's sister Michelle.

I agree.  Fern bears a striking resemblance to one of Ben's sisters.  In my humble opinion, Henry and Fern are better looking than Spurge and Ivy.  

• Love 8

It looks to me that Jana and Jessa have used a 'hair volumizer' of some sort. Their hair was never that thick and flowy. Bad move on their part. They just have too much length for that look. Jana's blazer is just too long for her; double breasted or not.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Suzn said:

I think Jessa is still a very pretty girl.  She has too much hair and her clothes are not flattering, but not egregious.

I've never thought Jana was particularly attractive, just very bland.

Jana's picture should be in the dictionary next to "milquetoast."

1 hour ago, Fosca said:

I think that Jessa et al. wouldn't look so much like they have too much hair if they didn't bring it all forward for pictures and instead just let it hang down their back naturally (or pushed it back there for pictures, like I did).  I suspect they are showing it off, "crowning glory" and all. 

I think that's a big part of it. Moving hair forward is meant to give the illusion of thicker hair.  Jessa is lucky enough to have very thick hair so she doesn't need to do that. It could look semi-decent if she pushed it back instead of it looking like it's way too much. I personally think there comes a point where hair is too long to look good, but if one must have long hair, there are ways to make it not look terrible. 

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I personally think there comes a point where hair is too long to look good, but if one must have long hair, there are ways to make it not look terrible. 

I agree. I think waist-length hair past a certain age has the weird effect of making you look juvenile yet frumpy. If Jessa cut her hair to boob-level and added layers, she'd still have a good amount of length, but it wouldn't drag her down the way it does now. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 22
23 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I love long hair so I can't complain about the Duggar ladies, but if they only did more with it.  Braids, updos, etc.  It's always just hanging and boring.

They would look so much better if they played with updos and braids. Even when they put it up in a simple bun, they look better. 

• Love 11

Mr Crazy8s works with a bunch of fundies. When I met one family for the first time a few years back, the wife had a braid that touched the back of her shoes. Just looking at that gave me a headache.

• LOL 6
58 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I love long hair so I can't complain about the Duggar ladies, but if they only did more with it.  Braids, updos, etc.  It's always just hanging and boring.

They need to see Josie Bates Balka’s SM for all kinds of clips and styles for long hair! Her hair always looks good, it’s her business and she seems to be good at it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

This is a totally foreign topic for me.  I have very, very fine, thin hair and it looks much better if I wear it short.  My mother is nearly bald, and my aunts had even worse hair.  It is genetic in our family.  I just shake my head when I'm at the beauty shop and watch as they cut other people's hair.  Often, they sweep up more off the floor than I have on my head!  I think Jessa's and Janna's hair looks like it needs a good haircut and styling, but maybe I'm just being critical because they can choose what to do with their hair, and they apparently don't put any effort into it and just take nice hair for granted.  I would LOVE to have hair that I could style.  I would LOVE to have hair that covers my scalp!!  But I come by it honestly, and I love my mom and loved my aunts, so, there you are.

• Love 23

I don't have a problem with the long hair. I'd be a hypocrite to do so because I had waist length hair until I was in my mid-twenties, and I really liked it and got a lot of compliments on it, so I never had any incentive to cut it. I finally cut it after I left school because it was hard to keep up with on a 9-5 job, and it's gotten progressively shorter since then because it is easier to manage. 

Their long hair would look so much better if they actually took care of it. Even only trimming the dead ends regularly would definitely help. 

• Love 20

Braids would be so pretty on most, if not all of them.  A few years ago, I saw what I assume was a Mennonite woman at my local Costco.  There's a small community about 30 miles away.  I had to tell her how beautiful her braided hair was, and to ask if she did it herself (she did.)  Have some imagination and some fun with that hair that you won't cut, Duggar women.

• Love 16

When you look at the pics from G3, both Jessa and Jana started out with their usual side parts. I wonder whose idea it was to change it up?

And I wonder why Jinger didn't go. You'd think its the perfect excuse to meet up with her "BFF".

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4

Moved over from Smuggar's thread -- 

1 HOUR AGO, LIBGIRL2 SAID: RE: What Bin is doing now. 

I thought he was pastoring. 

Well, he's never been said to do anything but preaching. They never said anything about what, if any, other parts of pastoring are involved in the arrangement. And the church's online presence has sort of suggested that they may not be functioning as anything except a source of online preaching at all, at this point.

I think the church has been in the process of disintegrating and dwindling away for some years now. And I haven't been able to find anything suggesting what, if anything, they're doing now to build it back up -- although somebody must have hopes or they wouldn't even be putting these sermons out there. 

https://www.ibcspringdale.com/

Here are two things that it says on the church's website right now --

"No upcoming events at the moment"

"SERMONS            Learn more about our upcoming sermon schedule and where you can listen to our sermons." 

It appears that he's still preaching there. But it also appears that it's a church that just barely exists. And has just barely existed for maybe even a couple/few years now.

And if all Bin does is preach one sermon most weeks, then that doesn't take a tremendous amount of time, and it probably pays next to nothing or, literally, nothing.  He may be just doing it as a resume builder. 

Here are the recent sermons from Apple podcasts -- 

Immanuel Baptist ChurchImmanuel Baptist

Religion & Spirituality

5.0 • 8 Ratings

Listen on Apple Podcasts 

OCT 3, 2021

Logan McCollough - 1 Timothy 1:12-17 - Christ Came To Save Sinners

Logan McCollough - 1 Timothy 1:12-17 - Christ Came To Save Sinners

Sermon by Logan McCollough on 10/3/21. 1 Timothy 1:12-17. Christ Came to Save Sinners. 

PLAY

28 min

SEP 26, 2021

Ben Seewald - Psalm 15 - Who Will Dwell With God

Ben Seewald - Psalm 15 - Who Will Dwell With God

Sermon by Ben Seewald on 9/26/2021. Psalm 15. Who Will Dwell With God. 

PLAY

44 min

SEP 19, 2021

Ben Seewald - Matthew 11:27-29 - Sovereign Savior, Open Invitation

Ben Seewald - Matthew 11:27-29 - Sovereign Savior, Open Invitation

Sermon by Ben Seewald on 9-19-2021. Matthew 11:27-29. Sovereign Savior, Open Invitation. 

PLAY

44 min

SEP 12, 2021

Ben Seewald - Matthew 11:20-27 - God's Plan Doesn't Fail

Ben Seewald - Matthew 11:20-27 - God's Plan Doesn't Fail

Sermon by Ben Seewald on 9-12-2021. Matthew 11:20-27. God's Plan Doesn't Fail.

PLAY

47 min

SEP 5, 2021

Daniel Rakes - 1 John 2:1-14 - How to Know That We Have Eternal Life

Daniel Rakes - 1 John 2:1-14 - How to Know That We Have Eternal Life

Sermon by Daniel Rakes on 9-5-2021. 1 John 2:1-14. How to Know That We Have Eternal Life

PLAY

44 min

AUG 29, 2021

Ben Seewald - Matthew 11:1-19 - Looking for Answers or Excuses?

Ben Seewald - Matthew 11:1-19 - Looking for Answers or Excuses?

Sermon by Ben Seewald on 8-29-2021. Matthew 11:1-19. Looking for Answers or Excuses?

PLAY

43 min

Show 10 More Episodes

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 11
27 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is Ben as boring to listen to as RFP?  

Nope. Not at all.

I'd call him a far better preacher than Jer, even now that Jer's improved his delivery. Bin's delivery and what he says are both much more engaging. He's conscious of the need to relate to people. He doesn't drone on tonelessly. His voice is by nature much more pleasant than Jer's. His stuff has way more logical flow -- you get the sense of where he's going. He makes an effort to be clear and an effort to be helpful. He tries for some creative expression. 

I can't account for this. Although I wonder whether Bin has had less pretentious teaching? And maybe is a more down-to-earth person generally so he's more aware of speaking to people in a clear and conversational way? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, Totally said:

I can’t forget Bin ‘preaching’ to the kids before they could go to the beach, he made no sense and didn’t  engage the kids at all 

Yep, he was terrible at that. I found that really odd, because I've listened to all of a couple sermons and a few more bits, and he's really quite passable talking to adults. Strange that he's so awful with the kids, but he definitely was. 

• Love 10
Just now, Churchhoney said:

Yep, he was terrible at that. I found that really odd, because I've listened to all of a couple sermons and a few more bits, and he's really quite passable talking to adults. Strange that he's so awful with the kids, but he definitely was. 

I really want to believe that the sermonizing to the kids on vacation was a set-up for the video.  At least  I hope so.  I still believe Bin has some smarts, which makes me very sad for the life choices he has made.  He committed to a Life Sentence of mediocrity with no real future.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I’m thinking he was awkward because jessa had the camera on him to post it on IG. Maybe when he’s preaching for real he’s more in the zone. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I’m thinking he was awkward because jessa had the camera on him to post it on IG. Maybe when he’s preaching for real he’s more in the zone. 

Yeah, that sounds right.

Plus, in his preaching classes, he was taught about, you know, preaching. To adults. His degree probably didn't include a "preaching to preschoolers" course. That's not the same thing at all. Because, in fact, you can't really "preach" to preschoolers.  So combine his not really knowing what to do, trying to employ preaching-to-adult ideas to a situation where those ideas don't apply, and being on camera under pressure and you have the mess that was. 

• Love 7

I would imagine the appeal of a preacher has to do with the listener's preferences. As far as conversational voices, I'd take Jeremy's over Ben's. I've only listen to snippets of either's sermons, so I don't know their styles, but I prefer a little enthusiasm over a monotone drone.

Now Keith Morrison would keep me interested, but would eventually put me to sleep. 😁

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I can see it, they have the same eyes. Michelle is basically a girly version of Bin. The only one who I think will look pure Duggar-ish is Spurge. That kid is a Boob clone.

I think he looks like Boob until he smiles, then he's all Ben. 

• Love 3

in the comments on Jana"s post someone said "Yall's outfits are so cute!!"

Seriously?  They look less than average clothing wise compared to others there

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Now Jessa is hawking the $600 faux Roomba. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUyC5bxLb6P/?utm_medium=copy_link

"and we finally got one!"   

"As a brand, gifting your product to Instagram influencers is a great strategy to build brand awareness on Instagram and grow your following.

"A lot of people assume that if no money is exchanging hands, it doesn’t qualify as a partnership or sponsored Instagram post. But this assumption is actually incorrect.

"According to the FTC, if a business gives you a free product with the expectation that you’ll promote or discuss the product on Instagram, you have to disclose it."

Just sayin, Jessa, Jingle and Eufy. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

"and we finally got one!"   

"As a brand, gifting your product to Instagram influencers is a great strategy to build brand awareness on Instagram and grow your following.

"A lot of people assume that if no money is exchanging hands, it doesn’t qualify as a partnership or sponsored Instagram post. But this assumption is actually incorrect.

"According to the FTC, if a business gives you a free product with the expectation that you’ll promote or discuss the product on Instagram, you have to disclose it."

Just sayin, Jessa, Jingle and Eufy. 

Jessa actually did disclose it. Not sure about Jinger though.

#ad #eufyX8/#eufyH30, #pethairmagnet, #twinturbine, #doubledownonlife

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa actually did disclose it. Not sure about Jinger though.

#ad #eufyX8/#eufyH30, #pethairmagnet, #twinturbine, #doubledownonlife

Okay. My bad, Jessa. Guess I didn't scroll far enough.