Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

It looks like Grandma gave them haircuts too!  

Or combed their hair.

I call bullshit on one closet being able to fit the entire family's clothing. With just the boys alone wearing similar sizes, I don't see Jessa, the Queen of Mt Dirty Diapers and Mt Spare Bed, going through their clothes that often.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 12/14/2019 at 9:41 AM, louannems said:

Can you even imagine going to bed with yards of wet hair on your pillow?  In winter?  That's what Jessa does, according to her hair video. It dries while she sleeps on it and that gives her natural curl a look that she is happy with.  Although it looked more like frizz to me, before she used the curling iron.

I agree the finished hair looked beautiful but those banana curls just remind me of Gothard.  And Jessa still needs to chop a couple feet of that mane to make it all more modern and manageable.

urm, I go to bed with wet hair sometimes cause I am a. too tired to spend the hour it will take to dry it b. I am sometimes to lazy to dry it 🙂 I have a lot of thick wavy hair and it takes a lot of work to dry it and sometimes...well I just don't lol!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, jukie said:

urm, I go to bed with wet hair sometimes cause I am a. too tired to spend the hour it will take to dry it b. I am sometimes to lazy to dry it 🙂 I have a lot of thick wavy hair and it takes a lot of work to dry it and sometimes...well I just don't lol!

I do the same.

• Love 9

I'd do it back when I had to be at work at 6 am, or when I had that horrific job where I had to be there at 4 am.

Take a shower just before I went to bed, spread my hair out on my pillow to dry overnight, and one less thing to think about when I woke up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 12/14/2019 at 3:58 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I think this is the first time she's publicly complimented Ben. 

This is a very cute post. I see nothing wrong with it. If I were her husband, I would adore this post. Ben may not do a lot of things, but he certainly appears to be a good daddy. He's engaging with his kids. I found it kind of adorable that she tried to be humorous and called him Ben Gem In Seewald. Jessa is clearly trying to change public perception of her, but I think she is doing a good job. Better than Jinger who went all LA, is in the midst of crashing and her only claim to fame was coloring her hair, wearing pants and producing a prop baby.

I don't know how it happened, but I am liking the Seewalds (as long as religion is not discussed). And Ivy. Oy. Such a cutie pie.   

Edited by Fig Newton
  • Love 16

I liked how Jessa wasn't very encouraging about her having more kids.  It was an "even if we" have more kids, instead of a "when we" have more kids.  I liked her changing table and that she admits that the laundry got out of hand to the point that something had to change, which led to the new organization.  I even liked that the way she hangs the clothes keeps Spurg and Henry's clothes separated so that there is no confusion.  

But.. why all the clothes in one closet?  If they aren't sharing, which they aren't, then why the family closet conceit?  Why not a parents closet and a kids closet?  Is it really that much easier?

• Love 6

For some reason she's keeping all the family clothes in the master bedroom it seemed.  Perhaps that's easier for her to put everything away in one room or they're using the other room for a different purpose just sleeping for the boys plus a study room for Ben and the closet in there has other storage.  I don't have a problem going unconventional.  I hung my kids' clothes in a downstairs coat closet because it was easier on me since I wasn't carrying clothes up and down the stairs and I dressed the kids downstairs anyway.  

• Love 7

She finally got control of her ego and seems to be allowing a marketing person to craft a persona for her. Once again, dangerous fundamentalism is wrapping itself in cute babies and shiny hair and pretending they are just like everyone else. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
28 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

She finally got control of her ego and seems to be allowing a marketing person to craft a persona for her. Once again, dangerous fundamentalism is wrapping itself in cute babies and shiny hair and pretending they are just like everyone else. 

I agree! I think she's just posturing or teasing if she's giving the impression that she might be limiting the number of babies. She was totally indoctrinated in a mindset of having as many babies as you can. She is still all fundie, all ATI, and all in to what her parents raised her to be. And devoted to being on TV.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I agree! I think she's just posturing or teasing if she's giving the impression that she might be limiting the number of babies. She was totally indoctrinated in a mindset of having as many babies as you can. She is still all fundie, all ATI, and all in to what her parents raised her to be. And devoted to being on TV.

Yes I agree with you for the most part. She will definitely have more kids. However I was surprised that Ivy and Henry were as far apart as they were.  Henry was 2 years and 3 months old when Ivy was born. All of Michelle's kids were big siblings before their 2nd birthday, except for Josie. 

• Love 9

Assuming that Jessa's closet is legit and not just for show, I'm low key impressed. 

If we think back a year or two ago to her filthy house, shitty pile of diapers, dust, puked on sheets, and enormous pile of laundry, she has actually improved herself.  

Maybe Jessa read all the negative comments about her poopy diapers and realized that she was making some PR mistakes in addition to the fact that most parents put dirty diapers in the garbage and not on display like knick knacks!  Jessa really got slammed on social media for that post. I mean, we STILL make jokes about the diaper collection! 

Jessa seems to have changed her strategies for taking care of the house. I'm sure she straightened up for the camera but her house did look better organized, cleaner and less cluttered. She addressed her past issues with laundry overload and has fixed her system. 

Guys, I think we just saw Jessa learn a few things and grow up.  Just a bit.  These are Duggars so change is super slow but at least we are seeing something with Jessa. 

• Love 18

so I watched the tutorial.  Y'all know I despise these people's beliefs. Henry is a cutie.  Remember early on we had doubts about his looks.  He is talking pretty well for his age. Spurgeon seems very sweet.  She seems like a loving mother.  check back after baby number nth where they are all stacked like Willy Wonka's grandparents how patient she will be.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

My family does that too.  There are just too many of us, and we are not as big of a family as the Duggars are, just more generations.  Like, my grandparents only have the 5 kids, but then it's 13 grandkids and 11 great grandkids.  with spouses... that's a lot of people to buy for.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jessa's head would explode if Bin took her to watch Star Wars. She would have no idea what's going on. 

Unless they watched DVDs of prior ones on the tiny laptop.  Her head can explode at home.  Plus those movies need a big big screen at least the first time one sees them!!

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Oh, I would love to get Josh. I'd go the George Costanza route and tell him I had a tree planted in his name.

My mind went the Sharon Osbourne route--a tiffany box full of dog shit. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I didn’t have the volume on. Good for Ben, he also has a family. 

ETA: Apparently I can’t read because I just noticed the sentence.  Looks like the Seewalds know how to put a nice dinner together. How can Ben manage to swallow the processed food toxic waste served at the TTH?

Edited by SMama
  • Love 16
22 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jessa's head would explode if Bin took her to watch Star Wars. She would have no idea what's going on. 

just how long does this young woman plan to grow her hair ? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I can't believe they're going to drive back to eat Cream of Slop casserole at the TTH. The food at the Seewalds looks pretty dang good.

I'm sure it'll be frozen Stouffer's lasagna.  That seems to be their go to "nice" meal.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I'm sure it'll be frozen Stouffer's lasagna.  That seems to be their go to "nice" meal.

Will Josie lick it all?

I wonder if adults only will get brisket. While kids will get lasagna, tator tot casserole, fresh bread and nice big salad.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I watched the video. I noticed that Derrick, Jill and their kids were part of the gift swap, but I didn't see any of them there.

a mention of Josh and Anna being in Florida..hmm.

Abbie looked like it was the last place she wanted to be. Girl looked miserable.

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The video:

OMG! I only watched a few seconds before I had to post. J'chelle sitting on JB's lap!

Once again, the entire family is splayed out on that giant sofa without any signs of energy or enthusiasm.

Josie pushing and grabbing to rip into her pile of rubbish.

Plenty of outdoor activities going on indoors -- God forbid a Duggar ever get any fresh air.

I forgot to mention the "yay's." Obviously Jill isn't the only member of her family to try to simulate pleasure with endless "yay's."

And, of course, an array of revolting food presented in industrial packaging.

Edited by cmr2014
Forgot to mention all the yay's
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

I watched the video. I noticed that Derrick, Jill and their kids were part of the gift swap, but I didn't see any of them there.

a mention of Josh and Anna being in Florida..hmm.

Abbie looked like it was the last place she wanted to be. Girl looked miserable.

It's been very quiet from the Dullards today. Just about every other Duggar has posted something.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

OMG! I only watched a few seconds before I had to post. J'chelle sitting on JB's lap!

Once again, the entire family is splayed out on that giant sofa without any signs of energy or enthusiasm.

Josie pushing and grabbing to rip into her pile of rubbish.

Plenty of outdoor activities going on indoors -- God forbid a Duggar ever get any fresh air.

And, of course, an array of revolting food presented in industrial packaging.

Nice summary. Poor Jordyn looked less than enthusiastic about getting a frigging jump rope. She's 11 for crying out loud! That's a gift for a six year old.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
42 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

That's a shame, too, because it was a super nice day today in NW Arkansas--70 degrees! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3