Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 7/22/2017 at 10:29 AM, louannems said:

This is so cute!

It's really too bad Jessa couldn't have let Spurgeon be an only child a little bit longer.  Hopefully she still gives him lots of attention.

Once Spurgeon (bleck! to the name) finishes the puzzle, they'll have his GED printed out.

• Love 16

I like to call him Elliot.  He is a cutie, though.

His real first name makes me recall an episode of Happy Days, earlier year.

Marion (Mrs. C), upon meeting a friend of Fonzie's, asked "what mother would name her child Pockets?"

I definitely watch (and have watched) too much TV.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, cdp73 said:

Once Spurgeon (bleck! to the name) finishes the puzzle, they'll have his GED printed out.

Kid has already gotten a better education than his Howler uncles and Lost Girls aunts combined just by getting that toy.

• Love 11

Oh no, not the eye-trap Waco shirt again!

hate the stupid hashtags on that duggar sycophant post. It's really not THAT mind blowing to care for two kids. 

Her hair is just waaaaay too long. 

• Love 4

On the last show, Ben said their family enjoyed eating egg meals.  Jessa muttered, "That's all we eat"!  I take that to mean Jessa still has not learned to make dinner.

I had my 2nd and3rd kids just 16 months apart.  I found I had way more energy in the morning, even after all night breastfeeding.  I learned to prep dinner in the mornings so dinner could get put together quickly in the evening.  And I used my crock pot a lot!  

She shouldn't just be cooking eggs!

Sorry.  I can't figure out how to undo these underlines!

• Love 9
On 7/24/2017 at 5:58 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

I think the thinness is just an angle, but dang Jessa looks about 15 there.

They look like summer camp counselors at sleep away camp.

5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Meh, I'll give them that one. Ben strikes me as being interested in health foods

I'd be healthy as I could be if all I had to trade on was my looks, too.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, louannems said:

On the last show, Ben said their family enjoyed eating egg meals.  Jessa muttered, "That's all we eat"!  I take that to mean Jessa still has not learned to make dinner.

I had my 2nd and3rd kids just 16 months apart.  I found I had way more energy in the morning, even after all night breastfeeding.  I learned to prep dinner in the mornings so dinner could get put together quickly in the evening.  And I used my crock pot a lot!  

She shouldn't just be cooking eggs!

Sorry.  I can't figure out how to undo these underlines!

That's hilarious.  Ben is often funny, I have to give him credit.  Maybe he should consider a cooking class, lol.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

If wonder what exactly they consider to be "health foods."

Wasn't is Jessa who declared that mashed potatoes need several sticks of butter?

It's beyond ridiculous...it's not that difficult to throw chicken on the grill or in the oven, or go online and find easy casseroles, etc.  When I think of some of the things I cooked when I was first married it's a bit embarrassing, but it's extremely easy to find recipes.  She's just lazy.  And as usual, I fail to understand how these girls, who were born and bred to get married and have kids, do not also know how to cook. 

• Love 13

Jessa reminds me of a college girl who has never cooked a meal, except she doesn't have a cafeteria. It's crazy how many friends I had in college that had absolutely no idea how to cook, lol. I would invite them over to my apartment for homemade meals, and they were the only ones they got besides when they went home on breaks. They loved me for it! I even made two of my best friends cookbooks of easy recipes as a graduation gift. 

When they graduated and got jobs, you know what happened? THEY LEARNED HOW TO COOK!!! They're constantly sending me texts about the new thing they have learned how to make. There is no excuse for Jessa! These girls WORK all day, and also don't have a husband and kids as an incentive to cook. They could easily order takeout every day, but they want to learn how to survive on their own. Why can't Jessa do this? Better yet, why couldn't she have learned during the first year of their marriage, before she had childcare duties?

i do believe Ben about the eggs, though. I feel like every time we've seen cooking in that house, it has been Ben scrambling eggs while Jessa curls her hair!

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Jessa reminds me of a college girl who has never cooked a meal, except she doesn't have a cafeteria. It's crazy how many friends I had in college that had absolutely no idea how to cook, lol. I would invite them over to my apartment for homemade meals, and they were the only ones they got besides when they went home on breaks. They loved me for it! I even made two of my best friends cookbooks of easy recipes as a graduation gift. 

When they graduated and got jobs, you know what happened? THEY LEARNED HOW TO COOK!!! They're constantly sending me texts about the new thing they have learned how to make. There is no excuse for Jessa! These girls WORK all day, and also don't have a husband and kids as an incentive to cook. They could easily order takeout every day, but they want to learn how to survive on their own. Why can't Jessa do this? Better yet, why couldn't she have learned during the first year of their marriage, before she had childcare duties?

i do believe Ben about the eggs, though. I feel like every time we've seen cooking in that house, it has been Ben scrambling eggs while Jessa curls her hair!

One other thing I thought of when she said all they eat are eggs is that eggs are cheap.  Maybe they don't get as much of the money from filming as they should.  Could be like when a researcher gets a grant at our school, the school takes a certain % off the top for overhead.  I imagine Boob does the same.  If they get $400K as a group, divided among a ton of people it isn't that much.

• Love 7

It's a shame Jess doesn't have friends,  coworkers, play group moms, etc. to exchange recipies & cooking hints with.  We would  occasionally go thru "cooking spells" at my work exchanging recipes & ideas. One of our major contributors was a newlywed who was learning as she went along like the rest of us had.   I love coming across a recipe from a coworker from long ago.  

Back to Jess & Bin.  They both had plenty of time to learn cooking skills &  finding recipes before the babies came along.  The internet has made it so easy.

I was watching Pioneer Woman & Ree was making lunch for the farmworkers who were taking care of young calves.  They were  giving them their Wellness checks & vaccines.  I was thinking those calves were being taken care of far better than all of the Duggar young ones.

• Love 16

Most, if not all our fur babies that live with the animal lovers here, I would bet, get better food & more love than many of the kids did and do in that family.  

@Barb23, you are so right.  It's just as easy to find great recipes for healthy food than it is to post selfies and bible verses for leghumpers.  They seem to care less about their so-called "blessings" than they do in being Tee-Vee Stahs!  

• Love 3

Lest we forget- clumsily chopped sweet potatoes with raw ground beef plopped on top, and put in the oven. patiently explained as a lesson to us dumbasses. See, she DOES cook!  (Or maybe it was just that once.). Anyway,  why cook when you can pimp out tacos 4 life and eat free?

• Love 7

Benessa should try one of those home delivery make your own meal services.  I know they're expensive but you get the ingredients & recipe to follow. They can afford it.  I've never tried them but they do look interesting.  I remember the different companies were compared on one of the talk shows a while back.  At least it would be something  different & a healthier meal.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Well, there was that one time Jessa made that ... whatever it was .... out of ground beef and potatoes. ... (although I guess that wasn't on the show but on social media?)

And I think that time most speculated that she did it because she was trying to pitch herself for some kind Modest Christian Cooking Show. Since she appeared to be showing us how to do it. ... I'll never forget her not browning the beef. And having just big chunks of it there in the oven with big chunks of potatoes strewn around it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Totally said:

I can't see how that meal couldn't have been bland and greasy

Given the she's a Duggar, she may be contemplating that as the (highly complimentary) title of her new, best-selling modest Christian cookbook.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

This could be a  thread title! 

Bland and Greasy!  

I agree it would be a great replacement for "The Duggars and Their World: Fashion, Food, Finance, Schoolin’ and Child Rearin'". "Bland and Greasy: Duggar Food, Fashion, Finance, Schoolin', and Child Rearin'"

• Love 11
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Title for cookbook:  Jessa's Specialities Because Life Ain't Easy When You're Bland & Greasy.

Fundies would buy it, right?

I'm also hearing a song parody of Weird Al's White and Nerdy.... look at me I'm bland and greasy... :)

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Jinger's been married for nearly 9 months and there's no sign of a baby bump, and no pregnancy announcement. Slacker.

Jinger should get an award for this. Non-mother of the Year. If she makes it to her one-year anniversary I will start drawing up the certificate. 

• Love 22

I can see Jessa doing whatever it takes to keep the gravy train going.  She remembers the days of hording food, prairies dresses and 15 kids to a house....no way does she want to go back to those days and with her limited education, Ben's laziness and her plan to breed 17 more kids...well that is right where she will be if the TV show ends.

• Love 12

My first thought looking at the photo of Jessica in her tiny shorts was why couldn't Jessa have been absorbed more into the Seewald way of things instead of Bin being sucked into the Duggar vortex. I still can't stand their religious beliefs, but at least they dress better.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, louannems said:

Adorable Henry with his Aunt

Looks like Auntie is a defrauder.  Short-shorts?  Luckily cute Henry is too young to notice.

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What are they thinking exposing poor Henry to his auntie wearing not only pants, but short shorts? His first word is going to be Nike!

You beat me to it!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, kalamac said:

My first thought looking at the photo of Jessica in her tiny shorts was why couldn't Jessa have been absorbed more into the Seewald way of things instead of Bin being sucked into the Duggar vortex. I still can't stand their religious beliefs, but at least they dress better.

I can answer why they didn't move toward the Seewald way of life in one word..... MONEY $$$$$$$$$$

• Love 6
5 hours ago, kalamac said:

And Jessica Seewald, defrauding shorts and all, doesn't have two feet of scraggly fried hair sprawling down over her shoulders. Her hair is long, and also looks clean, healthy, and styled by a professional.

But then, I don't think Ben's mom goes around with a dead possum on top of her head and a long crunchy fried perm from 1989, unlike Jessa's very own MOTY and Role Model in Modesty and Gothard-Approved Hair.

Edited by Jeeves
typos, uch
  • Love 8