Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Can someone fill me in on the Jewelry box? What's all that about?

The incident was included in the book, Growing Up Duggar.  It happened when Jana was 8 and Jessa was 6.  Jana wrote: "We shared a bunk bed; I was on top, and Jessa was on the bottom. Every night, as I was trying to go to sleep, Jessa would kick my mattress: Thump. Thump. Thump."

Jessa wrote: "From my perspective, I admit to having been a very strong willed child.  I enjoyed irritating my big sister Jana because I thought it was funny to see her response.  I knew how to get under her skin!  Now I know that what I really wanted, deep down, was for her to pay attention to me, and by aggravating her, I definitely got her attention."

Jessa developed her attention-seeking vanity very early in life, as well as her delight in being a bully and tormenting others.

0_jessa_me.jpg   

• Love 6

Jessa is going to be so outraged if Jana waits it out and scores a winner. If Jinger ends up with a Bates, ho hum but I think maybe Jana knows what she wants. Now, if JD can get him through the door, she's set. OOOOO I would love to continue with the Duggar dog and pony show, Jessa breastfeeding a lumpy blanket in a messy house, with canned peas and boxed mashed potato, show breaks to Jana and elegant life with wonderful husband.

• Love 12

Jessa is going to be so outraged if Jana waits it out and scores a winner. If Jinger ends up with a Bates, ho hum but I think maybe Jana knows what she wants. Now, if JD can get him through the door, she's set. OOOOO I would love to continue with the Duggar dog and pony show, Jessa breastfeeding a lumpy blanket in a messy house, with canned peas and boxed mashed potato, show breaks to Jana and elegant life with wonderful husband.

Jessa would fly into a jealous rage and do something to attract attention to herself, like she did when she posted 100 pictures of her own wedding on her cousin Amy's wedding weekend.  She really doesn't care about anyone but herself and that trait will make her a terrible mother the older Spurgie gets and the more he develops his own personality. 

• Love 8

Jessa would fly into a jealous rage and do something to attract attention to herself, like she did when she posted 100 pictures of her own wedding on her cousin Amy's wedding weekend.  She really doesn't care about anyone but herself and that trait will make her a terrible mother the older Spurgie gets and the more he develops his own personality. 

Bahaha.. Spurgeon doesn't get his own personality. It's is not written. Bin surrendered to JB, so Spurgeon's personality and every personal thought becomes JBs. He isn't a person, he is a quiver. He is # 6. 

• Love 5

Bahaha.. Spurgeon doesn't get his own personality. It's is not written. Bin surrendered to JB, so Spurgeon's personality and every personal thought becomes JBs. He isn't a person, he is a quiver. He is # 6. 

An arrow, you heathen! Until he reaches puberty, at which point he will become a quiver.

• Love 6

I don't know how Jana isnt putting ground glass in Mechelle's Starbucks or not plotting to smother her in her sleep.

Who says she's not biding her time? If/when another epic scandal erupts I'd love to see Jana just walk out and leave Michelle to run it all.

• Love 2

Jessa started fixin to lay it on real thick the second she and bin hooked up. Can't have Erin Bates being more of a southern belle, y'all.

Yes, she's extremely fake about it too. It's like wearing too much makeup, but for your voice.

• Love 14

Jessa has been laying the accent on real thick. It reminds me of when my sister and I would talk in a southern accent joking around with each other and eventually our accents just got stuck like that for awhile. It took a conscious effort NOT to do it after that. It's like when you turn your eyelids inside out and your mom says your face will get stuck like that.

• Love 5

How did we miss that Jessa and Ben (or Jessa) had a speaking engagement called "Fashionably Modest" at some mega Baptist church in Muncie Indiana on Saturday? I read in comments that they charged $20 a head. Seriously! 

https://www.facebook.com/309231579282510/photos/pcb.469786366560363/469784153227251/?type=3&theater

Say what? Ben's going to tell them the modest way to wear your sidehat? And Jessa will extol the modesty potential of flip flops?

• Love 5
(edited)

Spooge's sidepart is 10000 times better than his dad's hair at this point. I can't post screengrabs, but someone gave Ben a good ole fashioned bowl cut and it looks AWFUL! 

I completely understand why Ben is being totally immodest and disrespectful by wearing that hat indoors, but not at approved venues like sporting events or sports bars. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

I would be surprised if the alleged cheater is a first-degree Duggar.  After the Joshua thing, I would think all the married girls are at DEFCON-1. Tasers set to KILL.  The boys are likely not allowed to go anywhere without supervision and ankle bracelet monitoring.

• Love 1

Here is Ben's new hair. They apparently stopped by Gothard HQ to visit "maisiespace" before their speaking engagement in Muncie. I guess you can do that when you have a private jet at your disposal. 

https://www.facebook.com/269181913180625/photos/ms.c.eJw9zskNwEAIA8COIu7F~;TcWBeJ9jjDgRqm1qLfCw54eV0p0IvJ35NG0cqVrLfSZfPn1d89QNHbO~;YyZN~_haH3r~;2c1vn2SfxOaDfTF5Obf~;WPUFEQ0t4Q~-~-.bps.a.861682083930602.1073741909.269181913180625/896128013819342/?type=3&theater

• Love 1

Jess has to get over herself. Other than not wearing pants she dresses no different than the average female. Most women keep the girls fully covered in everyday life. And guess what Dyggar girls, I have a crotch. And when I wear pants I don't see a whole lot of men staring at it.

And Ben, we all get bad hair cuts - it'll grow back. Real soon. I promise.

• Love 11

The comments aren't as flattering as usual. Jana needs to get the delete thing going. Whoever said that Bin should put the hat back on nailed it. 

I copied this from PIckles' page, so no, the comments are not going to be flattering. :D

• Love 1

On another thread I saw with the same pic, someone posted a Dumb and Dumber pic! I saw it while in the library this afternoon killing about five minutes of a break at work and snorted out loud, scaring some poor students in my vicinity. 

• Love 6

Time for some gossip!

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/03/blind-item-2-1240.html

"Apparently Josh is not the only Duggar/in-law to be involved in a little cheating on their significant other. A member of a church attended by the Duggar/in-law says they have been involved with the Duggar/in-law for almost six months. Apparently the Duggar/in-law complained of a lack of sex and when there was sex, it was straight missionary with lights off and no sounds of any kind."

The collective guess is Bin. And I can sure believe it.

I could see Amy being a cold fish and her husband being the one cheating. Wasn't she complaining about her weight awhile back? If the story is being shopped around and no one but CDAN bites, the cheater isn't important. Deanna and her husband are also a possibility too, but less likely imo.

If it's Ben, he's cheating with a Marjorie-like nobody and not with Jinger. I can't imagine any of the older sisters letting Jinger sneak off, especially because Jessa barely releases the talons on Ben. It'd have to continually be the perfect escape and I just don't think they have the skills to dodge crew, family members, and Jessa's claws.

• Love 1

Say what? Ben's going to tell them the modest way to wear your sidehat? And Jessa will extol the modesty potential of flip flops?

Ben wasn't allowed in the room: "Men, infants and children under the age of 10 will regretfully be unable to attend."   

• Love 4

Jessa started fixin to lay it on real thick the second she and bin hooked up. Can't have Erin Bates being more of a southern belle, y'all.

Ben definitely has more of an accent than the Duggars, which is probably rubbing off on Jessa.  I can't even understand Ben half the time.  If he wants to be a preacher, I think he would benefit from some basic high school speech classes - real classes, not online.

• Love 2

Ben definitely has more of an accent than the Duggars, which is probably rubbing off on Jessa.  I can't even understand Ben half the time.  If he wants to be a preacher, I think he would benefit from some basic high school speech classes - real classes, not online.

That plus see a real allergist who can deal with the stuffed nose/red eye situation.

• Love 6

Ben wasn't allowed in the room: "Men, infants and children under the age of 10 will regretfully be unable to attend."   

Ben is disqualified on like 2.5 counts.

• Love 11

Here is Ben's new hair. They apparently stopped by Gothard HQ to visit "maisiespace" before their speaking engagement in Muncie. I guess you can do that when you have a private jet at your disposal. 

https://www.facebook.com/269181913180625/photos/ms.c.eJw9zskNwEAIA8COIu7F~;TcWBeJ9jjDgRqm1qLfCw54eV0p0IvJ35NG0cqVrLfSZfPn1d89QNHbO~;YyZN~_haH3r~;2c1vn2SfxOaDfTF5Obf~;WPUFEQ0t4Q~-~-.bps.a.861682083930602.1073741909.269181913180625/896128013819342/?type=3&theater

OMG! HAHAHAA

Bin looks like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber. How weirdly apropos....

So close, Jim was acting because he's an actor, Bin is actually purposing to do this hahaha

Bin looks like he's going for the medieval monk look.

I guess that explains the backwards hat, Jessa was using it as a guide. Oh Bin pay the 6 bucks and get a real haircut. 

I wonder what the Bates girls think of the Duggars being paid to talk about their ' fashion sense' . The Duggars are a fashion TRAINWRECK. Like Jills clownsuit maternity jumper. 

The skintight tops during pregnancy aren't my definition of modest at all and Jessa is otherwise frumpy. Would love to be a fly on the wall for the shoe and accessories segment. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Jessa and Jill's too tight maternity tops always made both sad and to laugh.  They were about two sizes too small.  My daughter wore knit maternity tops with grace and without looking like a stuffed sausage.  It looked like a lot of their shirts weren't maternity shirts which contributed to their disastrous look.  Jessa has nothing to offer except perhaps info on selecting a modest wedding gown.  She got that one right. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4

Yes, I would be curious to hear how tops so tight you can see her pores figure into modest dressing. Perhaps there are exceptions when you've got a Jesus mound to display?

• Love 7

Ben's hair is a case of permanent hat hair. 

The church where Jessa spoke has a very small congregation.  The church's entire youth group is in the picture below.  Notice that the girls wear jeans and slacks.  Can't imagine why they invited Jessa to speak at their "Fashionably Modest" event, let alone why Jessa would agree to go.  She is really scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for speaking engagements!

0_true_light.jpg

• Love 2

Maybe Jessa's role there was supposed to be to talk them into giving up the jeans...could be that someone in the church group got a bee in their bonnet about the issue and figured that Jessa might be enough of a role model to the kids that they would want to emulate her?

That really is a pretty small youth group, though. At first glance (until the details registered) I thought it was a picture of all the Duggars together.

• Love 4

Ben's hair is a case of permanent hat hair. 

The church where Jessa spoke has a very small congregation.  The church's entire youth group is in the picture below.  Notice that the girls wear jeans and slacks.  Can't imagine why they invited Jessa to speak at their "Fashionably Modest" event, let alone why Jessa would agree to go.  She is really scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for speaking engagements!

0_true_light.jpg

I like the little boy "posing" in the front!

• Love 5

Why do all of the leg humpers keep saying how much Spooge and Izzy look alike?  I can't see it. They look related, in a way most babies do, but alike?   Both are cute in that baby way, so leave it at that.

• Love 4

Yes, I would be curious to hear how tops so tight you can see her pores figure into modest dressing. Perhaps there are exceptions when you've got a Jesus mound to display?

I remember a poster from way back, who mentioned that having 2 shirts on made it modest. Makes no sense to me. Skirts vs pants makes no sense to me either though. Naked legs with the potential for accidental exposure of knees, or God forbid the girly region, or fully covered legs with no potential for flashing anyone. And no rule on shoes. Yeesh, I've seen some woman whose legs look so good in heels it had me considering changing teams.

And the whole twisted make-up rule. Make people look at your face. Yehp, I guess eyes can't be sexy, or rosebud lips won't turn anyone on.

It's all ass backwards if ya ask me.

• Love 3

I like the little boy "posing" in the front!

I like his spirit, but my first thought was "Uh-oh, that'd be too much personality-plus for the Duggars.  Better make sure someone doesn't snatch him and ship him off to ALERT."

• Love 4

All I see is Boob in that kid.

I'm starting to see some Ben in there as well. At any rate, I think he's a cute baby who has every potential to grow up to be a nice-looking adult. There's really nothing wrong, p​er se, with Jim Bob's actual features anyway. Tweak the balance a little bit and substitute a good personality and you have a perfectly acceptable face. The Duggars are not bad-looking in and of themselves, even the ones that take after Daddy Dearest...they just need a spark of real life. What the chances are of the Spurge ever achieving that as an adult, I couldn't say...but right now he's unspoiled and adorable.

• Love 3