Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Jessa actually decorates pretty well. I think she was smart when she took the smaller house with the new furniture versus Jill who had a McMansion furnished with Goodwill cast-offs.

She does have good taste. I don't think she had a choice in taking the smaller house, but spun it that she got the better deal, because she is a bitter, competitive, self-righteous bitch. She has to one up Jill and say it was all her idea. Saddest part is, I don't think Jill is trying to one up Jessa. Jill just thinks she's some sort of superblessed, really knowledgeable, wisened ministry leader, instead of a dumbass who makes dumbass decisions. Jessa just can't stand not being Center of Attention and has to try to steal thunder. Doesn't matter if Jessa is actually happy, as long as she's The Best.

• Love 13

She does have good taste. I don't think she had a choice in taking the smaller house, but spun it that she got the better deal, because she is a bitter, competitive, self-righteous bitch. She has to one up Jill and say it was all her idea. Saddest part is, I don't think Jill is trying to one up Jessa. Jill just thinks she's some sort of superblessed, really knowledgeable, wisened ministry leader, instead of a dumbass who makes dumbass decisions. Jessa just can't stand not being Center of Attention and has to try to steal thunder. Doesn't matter if Jessa is actually happy, as long as she's The Best.

I can't get too excited about sibling issues, because I'm always remembering a line from a developmental psych course in college. It's part of our evolution. The sibling relationship is - by nature - an adversial one. Competition for resources, competition for parental care and affection. It certainly helped me many times in my own sibling relationships, and I have 5 of them - all younger. Obviously it varies from family to family, and child to child. Some of us will loathe our sibs most of our lives, some will love them to bits - and most of us are in between. And there's not much that's funnier than seeing two 60-year olds still vying for the praise of an 80-year old parent. My Dad's little brother is in his 80s now and still "performed" - Dad's term - at family events as long as their mother was alive. She's gone now, and it's made a definite change in Uncle Chuck.

• Love 9

Sibling rivalry being normal...sure. But when each of these children has eighteen of them and was their mother's most precious special blessing ever...until he/she turned six months old and was promptly dumped off into the buddy system...that's taking it to a whole different level. We're talking Lord of the Flies, family-style.

It's kind of amazing none of them hasn't tried to off a few and my money would have been on Jessa if she hadn't had the pretty thing making her "special." There's a latent Mean Girl glint in her eyes.

• Love 13

Is it me or is the Spurge morphing into Izzy's twin?

https://www.instagram.com/p/_FpFFFjfq9/?taken-by=jessaseewald

I thought the exact same thing. Its the eyes!!

Sibling rivalry being normal...sure. But when each of these children has eighteen of them and was their mother's most precious special blessing ever...until he/she turned six months old and was promptly dumped off into the buddy system...that's taking it to a whole different level. We're talking Lord of the Flies, family-style.

It's kind of amazing none of them hasn't tried to off a few and my money would have been on Jessa if she hadn't had the pretty thing making her "special." There's a latent Mean Girl glint in her eyes.

hahahahah well who knows what has happened off camera...lmao. Lord of the flies.  I think you are on to something. To be a fly on the wall in the early days of Duggar. I would LOVE to hear from a camera man or crew member. 

• Love 5

I think half of the competition issues between the oldest girls in this family is they are not allowed to have different interests. I mean everyone knows that all girls like the same things-fashion, makeup, babies and selfless giving. Jill and Jessa are obviously very different people. Now if only they were allowed to be, I don't think there would be as much competition. This family absolutely thrives on competition though. The boys, the girls, Mommy, Daddy everyone.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 7

Guess Jessa has won a small victory.  Got my issue of People today, and it is a year end recap.  There is a spread on babies of 2015, and there were Jessa, Ben and their little boy (sorry, I just cannot bring myself to use his name), but no Jill, Derick, and Israel.

Guess Jessa has won a small victory. Got my issue of People today, and it is a year end recap. There is a spread on babies of 2015, and there were Jessa, Ben and their little boy (sorry, I just cannot bring myself to use his name), but no Jill, Derick, and Israel.

D'oh. That's got to sting.

• Love 5

The Howlers are very Lord of the Flies, I think the J-slaves were somewhat tempered by their workload.
  • Love 4

Yes, there can be Holiday nookie. Spooge was a month old on the 5th.

Hmmm... Well, maybe they can come up with some creative options that don't include penetration? Oh, I know, they can stare at the B J cutouts on their wall, and perhaps G_d will put into their hearts and minds some alternative activity ideas?

• Love 1

I think half of the competition issues between the oldest girls in this family is they are not allowed to have different interests. I mean everyone knows that all girls like the same things-fashion, makeup, babies and selfless giving. Jill and Jessa are obviously very different people. Now if only they were allowed to be, I don't think there would be as much competition. This family absolutely thrives on competition though. The boys, the girls, Mommy, Daddy everyone.

I agree there wouldn't be much competition if they had been raised normally to have separate interests. This family never had the usual sibling rivalry we grew up with. The Duggar kids had to always Keep Sweet & weren't allowed to fight or be mad with a sibling. My sister figured out on one of their first episodes that the Duggars were different because the kids didn't fight.

• Love 4

I agree there wouldn't be much competition if they had been raised normally to have separate interests. This family never had the usual sibling rivalry we grew up with. The Duggar kids had to always Keep Sweet & weren't allowed to fight or be mad with a sibling. My sister figured out on one of their first episodes that the Duggars were different because the kids didn't fight.

I bet some of the kids flat out hate each other now after years and years of stuffing down their issues and not being allowed to bicker. All that would lead to a ton of pent up resentment (IMO)

• Love 9

I put the new clip in the media thread, but Jessa looks so totally smugly pleased with herself every second she's on camera, it's disgusting. Wait till you're over 30, with 5 kids, no body, and no one interested.

• Love 13

I put the new clip in the media thread, but Jessa looks so totally smugly pleased with herself every second she's on camera, it's disgusting. Wait till you're over 30, with 5 kids, no body, and no one interested.

I know, don't you just want to slap the shit-eating grin off her face? Jessa clearly thinks she "won" against all us heathens and the evil media because her show is back on the air. As you said, she'll be in for a rude awakening once the TLC checks dry up and she's relying on her teenaged toilet scrubber to support a family of ten.

• Love 9

We might have known. Jim Bob's figured out a diabolical way to plant himself as a spy in the houses of all his children who have escaped into marriage. He inserts his devilish soul into their babies. And if the kids' photos are taken from just the right angle, you can see Jim Bob shining out from their eyes (and flapping in their fat Jim-Bobbish fingers). .... Sold his soul to the devil for this privilege (and the devil likes it too, I suppose)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

The poor unfortunate Spurge. The ungodly, dominant Jim Bob gene AND baby acne. Is this the precursor of the typical adolescent male Duggar countenance?  It is like witnessing the Ghost of Things Yet to Come.

• Love 9

He looks a lot like Izzy now. And Jessa, if your reading please have his eyes checked at the pediatrician soon. He may need to wear a patch to strengthen what looks like a weak eye.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6

He looks a lot like Izzy now. And Jessa, if your reading please have his eyes checked at the pediatrician soon. He may need to wear a patch to strengthen what looks like a weak eye.

I noticed the eye thing too. After a good friend's baby was diagnosed with eye cancer when she was one, I dwell on baby's eyes in pictures. The friend picked up a change in the baby's eye when she was looking at her birthday pictures. Baby involved is fine now even tho she did lose the eye but otherwise is a healthy teenager.

• Love 5

Oh, he's fine. He's a month old, and babies change so much in the first few months. He's plump, smiling, etc. Little bit of baby acne, but a whole lot of them have that. He looks healthy. Duggar genes are definitely strong.  The only 'sad' or 'pitiful' part to me, is they have him in a Razorbacks onesie - and he most likely will never have a chance to go to school there or every be on an athletic team of any sort. That's delusional or cruel, maybe both, since we're talking about Jessa.

I know Spurgie is a limited public figure due to who his parents are, and I've made many, many, really harsh comments about the Duggars, but I just can't make fun of a babies physical appearance. I used to work for a Womens & Childrens' hospital, and I guess I've just seen too many babies with real medical concerns that kept them from being 'pretty' Gerber looking babies, so making fun of goofy baby expressions or his actually features is just below the belt.

• Love 19

Jessa looks a lot like JB, so I'm not surprised. Imagine JB's face stretched out a few more inches and you have Jessa.

Poor Spurge. Mother Sprinkles always said kids will grow into their names. Well, Spurgeon looks like one would think a Spurgeon would look like- goofy looking. He'd been better off with the name Elliott.

My husband said "Spurgeon Seewald sounds like a historical figure." So maybe he'll grow into after he grows up, accomplishes something, and dies. Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 1

His right eye was the first thing I noticed...definitely crossed.  I hope that's looked into.  

They might just be holding something way too close for him to properly focus on. It's hard to tell from the camera angle if they're just too close, or if one eye is 'lazy' and needs correction when he's bigger.

I was just going to say that it looks like he's exhibiting some of the Seewald close-set eyes.  In that regard, it'd be better for him to take after Jessa! 

I really try to picture what they days are like...wake up...have quiet time devotions together as a family...then what?  Check IG and FB and post some selfies...go out for some Chik-Fil-A, post a random rant or two, and then, I"m at a loss.  How do they fill the time?  The occasional proselytizing or happy birthday video can't take up too much time.  I work with babies professionally, have several of my own, and know they can be a lot of work, but they haven't been employed since prior to pregnancy, and even a first baby doesn't take up 24 hrs a day and naps occasionally leaving you with free time.  That just sounds super boring for 20-somethings with no one to talk to but each other and nothing else to focus on. 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 12