Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Jessa's dress is gorgeous, I'm really feeling the beige color. I think Bin should have worn a traditional tie. He's a good looking kid, but that bowtie makes him look dorky. It's too bad, because the navy suit looks quite nice on him.

I also notice there was no mention of food other than ice cream sundaes. Although it's not what I would have served, I think Jessa was smart to stick to just one thing and get people out of there. Jill would have been much better off doing just cake and coffee rather than the random mish-mash of desserts and pickles she ended up with. 

It is not pie, you take a bowl put fritios in it and then add chili cheese and onions.  Never once had it cooked in a casserole.

This is what we do. It takes about 3 minutes to prepare (heat chili in microwave for 2, spend 1 minute putting toppings on). I like sour cream on mine too.

I guess maybe some people bake it like a casserole, but I prefer to save the 42 minutes...  I'm not sure I understand why anyone would bake it? To warm up the fritos? 

I went to a wedding where they had catered Chick-fil-a. You went down the serving line and picked up your chicken sandwich (in foil wrapper), your fries, and a coke in a can.  Frito pie would have been better.

Edited by Skittl1321

Waiting patiently for the Escape from Duggar Mountain pictures aka the honeymoon.

Or the pregnancy announcement. Seriously I would like to see Jessa tell the whole world she's on birth control and waiting to have kids. Just to piss her parents off

• Love 3

Or the pregnancy announcement. Seriously I would like to see Jessa tell the whole world she's on birth control and waiting to have kids. Just to piss her parents off

She may be on bc but no reason to tell anyone. Infertility rumors would be lovely.

• Love 1

Jessa's dress is gorgeous, I'm really feeling the beige color. I think Bin should have worn a traditional tie. He's a good looking kid, but that bowtie makes him look dorky. It's too bad, because the navy suit looks quite nice on him.

I agree--the color on her is very pretty and I really like his navy suit. I still don't love the color of that bow tie, though. I guess it might look better when you see the whole bridal party? As it is, the bow tie color doesn't make any sense. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the bridal party.

I would like Ben's outfit a lot better if they had gone with a white shirt instead of a grey one.  But I like the coral bow tie, and the way it matched the flowers in her bouquet.  I'm dying to see the bridesmaid dresses!

• Love 2

I love Jessa's dress. The color is gorgeous on her. I also like that she wore a headband/hair clip instead of a veil. I am not a veil person. Some are really pretty, but just not my cup of tea. I like Ben's outfit. He looks very modern to me. I am curious to what the bridesmaids wore.

The reception was also missing a traditional wedding feature – a cake. The couple chose to have ice cream sundaes instead, so guests had brownies, ice cream and a variety of toppings including chocolate, caramel, candy and cookies.

The reception food from People included brownies. I like that selection. I'm sure the popcorn maker was there too.

The dress was blush not beige. Mention was peach but it looked the same color as mine with was pinky peach. Very flattering to the complexion.

I like the blush color, and I actually think more brides should choose that color. I don't think a white dress is flattering on every skin tone--which IMHO includes JillyMuffin. Jessa's skin tone could have handled a white dress, but I think that blush is flattering on every tone.

Maybe I'm a traditionalist but I think a wedding cake belongs at a wedding even if the bride doesn't care for for it...even a small one. She doesn't have to eat it for goodness sake. She can still have her ice cream. Jessa seems to try to express her individuality where she can, and I suppose this was one way to do that. It seems a tolerable way to rebel where she's always been so controlled by her parents.

• Love 2

I did kind of think they had a prom-like look.  I also pointed out that the engagement scavenger hunt was the same way my son asked his date to prom, so I'm detecting a theme....

But I also think that's ok.  I think anything that they do that sets their details apart in a world that is nearly suffocating in its desire to make you conform is good for them.  That it's dorky or juvenile or "vintage" or whatever is ok with me because it at least means for a little while, they spent some time thinking about themselves and were allowed the plan something that they wanted without someone looking over their shoulder and telling them that any focus on themselves was WRONG WRONG WRONG.  There are a lot of cookie-cutter weddings out there -- in the secular world as well as Fundyville, and I'd rather have a wedding that tried and failed than a wedding that worried about getting it wrong.

And yes, Erin's playing is probably going to be a wedding gift in some cases.  I'm going to guess it almost certainly was in Jill's wedding.  It may have been at Jessa's - but it is also common to give the musicians at least a token gift, the same as you would a bridesmaid.  My mother plays for a lot of weddings and the amount runs from $25-50.  Keep in mind that the selection of songs is not lengthy, and the time commitment isn't that much.  Also, Erin is advertising her playing to future other weddings that her family would likely be invited to anyway.  She'll at least either have a "free" gift or earn enough to pay for the gift of weddings they attend.  My mother says it saves them several hundred dollars a year.

• Love 3

I must say I loved both wedding gowns.  They were entirely different but IMO flattering to each of those young ladies.  After seeing some of the atrocities that pass for wedding gowns on Say Yes to the Dress, I think their choices were lovely and feminine while still being modest. I wasn't that crazy about Ben's outfit, but I didn't hate it.  I'm glad to notice that Jessa had her own style and I can honestly say she was not outshone by Jill.  I really liked the horse drawn carrriage for their exit!  She stuck it to the idiots who think it's cool to damage or mess up the get away vehicle.  As for the food, well, my taste is very different but if they were happy with that stuff and it is within their tradition, then good for them.  Their 1000 'guests' must have realized what would be served, if they knew the family.  If you didn't like it, then don't come.  I hold out hope that Jessa might rebel...gosh I hope so!

• Love 2

I think Bin should have worn a traditional tie. He's a good looking kid, but that bowtie makes him look dorky. It's too bad, because the navy suit looks quite nice on him.

Bowties are the hot new trend......they're all over Pinterest, and we know fundies LOVE Pinterest. Jeremy Roloff and all his groomsmen wore them in Sept.

Jessa looked absolutely gorgeous and that dress was beautiful.....so much better than those Pnina things on Say Yes to the Dress. "Modern modest" can be great if done correctly.....those modesty-altered hybrids are butt ugly.

Can't wait to see the rest. I'm sure Mullet will provide some snark material.

• Love 6

And, if I can add to that, imo, Jessa naturally has more style than Jill. I see Jessa as the glam sister, Jana is the one with classic and timeless good taste, while Jill is practical and kind of a dud. Jill often says how she depends on her sisters to tell her what looks good, and I believe that applies to how she dresses, fixes her hair/makeup, and the way she decorates her house.

And the reason Jill's ideas didn't translate well was due to the venue and her lack of good aesthetics knowledge and execution. I hold out a bit more hope for Jessa's wedding. It looks like so far she's at least not doing the vintage Pinterest thing, thank goodness.

Maybe this is why I naturally relate to Jill more. I admit it, I have no style. But whatever will Jessa do without Pinterest?

• Love 2

I must say I loved both wedding gowns.  They were entirely different but IMO flattering to each of those young ladies.  After seeing some of the atrocities that pass for wedding gowns on Say Yes to the Dress, I think their choices were lovely and feminine while still being modest. I wasn't that crazy about Ben's outfit, but I didn't hate it.  I'm glad to notice that Jessa had her own style and I can honestly say she was not outshone by Jill.  I really liked the horse drawn carrriage for their exit!  She stuck it to the idiots who think it's cool to damage or mess up the get away vehicle.  As for the food, well, my taste is very different but if they were happy with that stuff and it is within their tradition, then good for them.  Their 1000 'guests' must have realized what would be served, if they knew the family.  If you didn't like it, then don't come.  I hold out hope that Jessa might rebel...gosh I hope so!

I agree. Heck most of those wedding gowns on SYTTD are pretty much lingerie, aren't they? I'd be way embarrassed to wear most of those in public.

I'm pretty shocked Jessa wore a non-white dress!  I thought it looked beautiful on her, just surprised she wore it. Go Jessa!

I did like seeing that Jessa and Jill had different styles too. I honestly didn't expect it. I can't believe they both ended up having 1000+ guests. Wow.

• Love 1

Yeah! I thought the dress appeared more champagne (beige-y) than pinkish (blush). I thought it wasn't translating the pink onscreen! So blush or champagne, it looked good on Jessa and suited her well!

• Love 2

Bin reminds me of that Republican douchecanoe Tucker Carlson with his bow tie. Jessa looks flawless.

I love Tucker Carlson.  And my grandfather always wore bow ties.  I agree that Jessa looked lovely.  You can be fashionable, feminine and modest all at once.  I think she nailed it.

FYI: in the Catholic & Orthodox Church getting married is receiving a Sacrement, hence the longer service that probably doesn't make sense to non-Catholics/orthodox

*Sacrament

No idea on Orthodox, but I'm Catholic. A Catholic ceremony is long when you have a full mass (which is our normal service). Lately most of my Catholic friends have had the full mass. That's over one hour, maybe even two.   In my parent's generation the nonfull mass was popular, it also depends on the people getting married. A non-full mass ceremony can be about twenty minutes or thirty minutes, which is probably what I'll have assuming I ever get married in the church. Don't know about Ben and Jessa, but Derrick and Jill's looked that long assuming there were readings and songs sung, etc. 

Yeah! I thought the dress appeared more champagne (beige-y) than pinkish (blush). I thought it wasn't translating the pink onscreen! So blush or champagne, it looked good on Jessa and suited her well!

Maybe bleige?

• Love 1

From FJ.  Supposedly this person went to the wedding.  Sounds reliable but.....oh heck.  I'll let you read it, lol!

http://zedicy542.blogspot.ca/

From the blog above. I love fundie blogs:

We do not celebrate Halloween.

It is a Satanic Holiday.

We all retire to bed at 7  pm so that nobody will think we are home. We don't let our children see the costumes. Satan is hiding in these costumes, so if our children even LOOK at them, they will probably sadly be taken by Satan and we will have to perform an exorcism.

Going to bed early is a bit of a struggle. Its easy enough to get the kids down, but my husband and I have a hard time going to bed that early. Once, we decided to turn on a lamp and read in the darkness. The electricity was shut off. A couple other times, we tried to procreate. Both times, I miscarried. So we took it to mean that NO fun is to be had on Halloween!

My girls will not go to school. We will all read Bible passages aloud. We eat leftovers from the night before. I suppose Halloween is just another Sabbath day for us! Whatever praises Him, right!?

Good for them if they didn't want their "first" kiss to be in front of 1000 strangers. But stopping in the middle of the service to run off and kiss, while the brides parents make out for everyone instead? They could have simply waited until the ceremony was over. Another example of the Duggar's false modesty

Hope they had barf bags available. 

• Love 1

From FJ. Supposedly this person went to the wedding. Sounds reliable but.....oh heck. I'll let you read it, lol!

http://zedicy542.blogspot.ca/

eta: NVM, FJ is saying it is a hoax!

I asked my contact, who was actually there, and she said that the audience was shocked by the non-kiss, but that the parents all seemed to know about it. The parents of both were still smiling and showing appropriate emotions, not shock or outrage. Also, the couple didn't pop back in, that she noticed. They missed at the receprion, though, so having Jim Bob and Michelle kiss was unnecessary. Edited by wanderwoman
  • Love 2

In the blog above she claims to have been at Jill's wedding, where, upon the first kiss, the audience stood up and cheered and then Derrick picked her up in his arms and carried her down the aisle.

It's almost certainly a fake.

Ben looks creepy. Princess Jessa really did look nice. Better than Jill.

I like that they were holding hands in the normal way in the picture.. Unlike Jill & Derick who held hands but bent their arms up. Did anyone else notice in the article it said that Boob & MEchelle set the courting standards? We know that even tho they preach the couple sets their own rules -glad the magazine got it right. The article also mentioned that Jill wore a heart shaped necklace that Ben gave her when they started the courtship. I don't remember this happening in the Duggar Office of Official Courting Asking. Think it was just another idea Ben took from Derick, along with the facial hair.
  • Love 1

Sick of Fri-toe pie....whatever....it must be a regional thing, like all this Italian food in New England (sick of pasta).....I find it funny.....barefoot....free toes.....maybe it is a bitch slap to Michelle.....

• Love 1

I'm still reeling about the revelation that they might have left in the middle of the service for The Kiss, the pastor gave a long speech on purity, and then they came back and continued the service?!  I really hope not.  That is so awkward and almost shoves it in people's faces rather than just choosing it for yourselves because it's what you want to do.  I really hope they just didn't kiss at the usual moment, and then went to spend time alone after they were pronounced husband and wife and walked out.

• Love 1