Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

If Bin does pursue valid, non-College Minus higher education, I personally see it as more probable that he would go to a school like John Brown University. It's a Christian school. I know very little about it beyond its existence and that it has the divinity courses. (The university where I teach is out of the question; even though it is smaller than U of A, it may have "green haired" students in the classes.)

I've also wondered if he would attend John Brown. It's well within commuting distance for them.

But it might be a little too liberal for their tastes, though it's certainly no U of A. 

I didn't attend there, but I had a couple of friends who did a few years ago. One had a nose ring, which didn't seem to be a problem, and the other was an atheist, though the latter still had fond memories of the polite, relatively open-minded discussions her philosophy classes had about other viewpoints. I don't know how representative their experiences were, but those were not my experiences at another private Christian college. 

• Love 4

So I was listening to the John Tesh radio show on my way home this evening (don't judge! LOL), and he was talking about how you can tell a lot about people from their selfies.  According to a study he cited, people who do the duck lips look are often insecure and neurotic.  People who post a lot of selfies are narcissistic.  Sounds like someone we know who shall remain nameless (I'm looking at you, Jessa).

• Love 7

So I was listening to the John Tesh radio show on my way home this evening (don't judge! LOL), and he was talking about how you can tell a lot about people from their selfies.  According to a study he cited, people who do the duck lips look are often insecure and neurotic.  People who post a lot of selfies are narcissistic.  Sounds like someone we know who shall remain nameless (I'm looking at you, Jessa).

Why can't she train Binstone to take her picture?

Probably, and he'll do it with that dumb innocent expression on his face that he likes to use.

I was going to say any other parent would want their kids to be successful independent of them, but then Kris Jenner ... Brooke Shields' mom, and the dude's parents from way back when who made the law for regular child actors. But the difference is JB's kids are adults and I do believe he will try and get a piece of the financial pie.

ETA: I hope the M & Ms get screen time and are paid for it. For the kids' and Anna's sake.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2

If this is a done deal, will Jess/Ben and Jill/Derick get the money or will Jim Bob have his sticky fingers in some of it?

I vote for all of it.  Jim Bob will act as lawyer and manager because Bin and Jessa have no jobs and live in a home that the headcase owns.

Or Jessa would have to make a full break from her sicko family and go full tilt Seewaldo.   They did refuse to kiss , so there may be a chance.

I don't see any chance for Bin to become a preacher.  He is too dumb and has no presence whatsoever.     I see Bin as being a traveling hygiene "engineer" for Derrick and Jill for their Church of the Gangly Dance Troupe.

• Love 7

In my world these two would be a a huge embarrassment and would be seen a failure on the part of the parents. " Did you hear about NC social worker's daughter? Word is she got her GED and married some boy , who I think went to community college for political science, and now she is pregnant. She is apparently living somewhere on the compound"

The reply would be something like this " oh poor NC, she must be heartbroken "

Eta in all fairness I would be the object of shame in their culture too. " did you hear NC socialworker's sent her daughter to the art academy? She let her put a purple streak in her hair and she now has some Jewish and gay friends. God laid it on my heart to pray for her, poor thing"

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 22

In my world these two would be a a huge embarrassment and would be seen a failure on the part of the parents. " Did you hear about NC social worker's daughter? Word is she got her GED and married some boy , who I think went to community college for political science, and now she is pregnant. She is apparently living somewhere on the compound"

The reply would be something like this " oh poor NC, she must be heartbroken "

Eta in all fairness I would be the object of shame in their culture too. " did you hear NC socialworker's sent her daughter to the art academy? She let her put a purple streak in her hair and she now has some Jewish and gay friends. God laid it on my heart to pray for her, poor thing"

I feel your shame. My own bundle of joy is wavering between arts management and museology (my theory is that she was frightened by self-support in the womb), hangs out with a rainbow coalition of fellow nerdlings and met her young man at LARP camp.

• Love 10

I wonder if Benessa will ever feel a moment of parenting triumph if their special blessing gets home just sober enough that they have the motor skills to put a key in the correct door on the correct floor.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 6

I feel your shame. My own bundle of joy is wavering between arts management and museology (my theory is that she was frightened by self-support in the womb), hangs out with a rainbow coalition of fellow nerdlings and met her young man at LARP camp.

I believe I would actually be wearing the most shameful cloak of all of us, with my older son, the artist, who has been known to frequent the odd gay bar with his girlfriend of the moment AND his art school friends of all sexual persuasions, going so far to defraud himself as to actually MARCH in the pride parade!

Younger son, with his feminist girlfriend and his atheist leanings..independent film maker. .the shame i carry from these two and their shenanigans!!!

I knew I never should have allowed then to go to college!

• Love 14

I vote for all of it.  Jim Bob will act as lawyer and manager because Bin and Jessa have no jobs and live in a home that the headcase owns.

Or Jessa would have to make a full break from her sicko family and go full tilt Seewaldo.   They did refuse to kiss , so there may be a chance.

I don't see any chance for Bin to become a preacher.  He is too dumb and has no presence whatsoever.     I see Bin as being a traveling hygiene "engineer" for Derrick and Jill for their Church of the Gangly Dance Troupe.

I agree. I read an article a while back on "biblical economics" which sounded like it was the instruction manual that JB has been using. According to this idea "all economic activity is family activity." That's a great theory if you're a grifter father of 19 kids with a reality show. ALL of the money that comes in to Duggar enterprises -- from the TV show, the car lot, the towing business, the cell tower, etc. -- it all belongs to JB. As the patriarch of the family, it is his job to supply his "workers" with food, clothing, and shelter at his discretion.

Of course, the system falls apart if the family isn't generating an enormous pile of cash (like a reality TV show). Then, it's going to be "each man for himself" or whatever version of that he can quote from the Bible.

ETA: Sorry, this is the Benessa thread, and I have drifted off course. I can believe that JB was able to convince 18 year old Bin of the wisdom of this economic theory when the TLC money was rolling in, and he was offering free houses and iPods. I don't know how long Benessa will live happily under JB's "umbrella" as the TLC money dries up and the mold house begins to overflow with "blessings."

Edited by cmr2014
  • Love 3

I don't think Jessa has shown us her true self. She has shown us Jessa the ultra conservative Christian, Jessa the mouthy daughter and many others. I just don't think she's shown her true self yet. Maybe she doesn't even know what it is yet.

Spot-on. Jessa is at the very beginning now, far behind most girls her age. Because of her sheltered, insulated, even cloistered upbringing, she's at the point now that most girls are at when they're 13 or 14 years old. But somehow, like the vast majority of teens & 20-somethings - I was the very same myself - she thinks she has this Life thing knocked. Which makes her holier-than-thou, super-righteous attitude [ben's too] even more offensive.

• Love 12

Boob has probably turned into PMK and getting 10% of what they are going to be making. You know that Boob will take all that 10% and donate to his home church. 

I sure hope that Bin will learn something from the Pope's visit. The Pope leader of us sinful, horrible, Godless Catholics, will be having lunch with the homeless. What a truly honorable man. He shows the world what kindness and good works are about he isn't sitting behind a computer condoning people.

PMK? 

Probably, and he'll do it with that dumb innocent expression on his face that he likes to use.

It's his "Howdy Duggar" face...

• Love 4

I think PMK is Pimp Mama Kardashian

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Micks. I've never watched the Kardashians, mainly because they never seemed interesting to me. Bruce won a gold medal in the Olympics eons ago when I was 20. That was an accomplishment. But as the song goes, what have they done lately? Since being involved with this forum and seeing so many comments - all negative - about them, I won't even peek at their PTV forum out of curiosity. To be well-acquainted - not to mention fed up with - TWO wealthy, entitled & dysfunctional families who are supreme money-grubbers, who don't deserve what they have and who are admired for the wrong reasons by a lot of not-very-bright people... Well, that kind of aggravation I don't need. When is someone going to do a reality show about some poor schlubby research scientist, who spends 14 hours a day in a lab trying to cure cancer? And more importantly, when are all the clueless Duggar, Kardashian & Other leg-humpers in this country - really going to realize what is important, valuable & admirable in the world? Heavy sigh... 

• Love 11

Oh, ick. Beneasa will be at the Southern Women's Show in my area in mid-Oct. Amusingly, so is one of the defrauding twits from the Bachelor/ette. Guess they need to go for appeal across the boards. I can't believe Blessa would have medical approval to travel so close to her due date. Maybe Jill said it would be okay, and she's a medical professional now, so I guess it IS okay.

• Love 6

Oh, ick. Beneasa will be at the Southern Women's Show in my area in mid-Oct. Amusingly, so is one of the defrauding twits from the Bachelor/ette. Guess they need to go for appeal across the boards. I can't believe Blessa would have medical approval to travel so close to her due date. Maybe Jill said it would be okay, and she's a medical professional now, so I guess it IS okay.

Jessa could be crowning and she'd still show up to collect her appearance fee. Not to mention the gifts and gift cards her leghumpers are sure to bring with them to the Conference.

• Love 10

I don't mean to offend, but what could we reasonably expect from a "southern women" event?

I know. It's the Inquisitr but it does confirm my initial reactions. First, capitalize Southern and then attempt to understand the nuances of "reasonable".

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

It's basically a trade/vendor show with some cooking demos (some from "celebrity" chefs), fashion shows, heath screening/seminars, lifestyle/home & garden decor. Not heavy hitting, wouldn't expect Madeleine Albright to speak. Just fluff to appeal to a certain demographic, but to some people, fun fluff.

• Love 2

Did I get this right....did Jessa request GIFT CARDS TO TARGET AND WALMART ??????? OMG. That has to be the worst, even for the brief time it was posted.

She can't reveal the "gender" because she isn't getting paid to spill, she lies that it "might" be twins to keep fans interested, she posts her little "name game" to get hits......can it get any worse????

So, let me get this right....she wants gift cards, but she won't post a registry ( which would be what someone might do if they were expecting a shower from a friend) , because the registry is for FANS and if she had baby items on the registry it might reveal what she was having???? Sickening.

I think she is more  "Smuggar" than Smuggar himself.

• Love 16

Did I get this right....did Jessa request GIFT CARDS TO TARGET AND WALMART ??????? OMG. That has to be the worst, even for the brief time it was posted.

She can't reveal the "gender" because she isn't getting paid to spill, she lies that it "might" be twins to keep fans interested, she posts her little "name game" to get hits......can it get any worse????

So, let me get this right....she wants gift cards, but she won't post a registry ( which would be what someone might do if they were expecting a shower from a friend) , because the registry is for FANS and if she had baby items on the registry it might reveal what she was having???? Sickening.

Well, she did seem kind of impressed that time she commented on his "slyness." Guess those two are thorns on the same branch of the family bush.

• Love 14

Asking for gift cards rather than using a registry for baby gifts also gives Jesse a lot more control, flexibility and privacy.  If she did a registry, she could be subjected to criticism when she requests 3 cribs or 16 potty chairs or whatever like with the bridal registries where they requested multiple sets of pots and pans and dozens of sets of bath towels and such.  It will also save her the time and effort it would take to pack the  extra merchandise into the car and haul it back to Target and WalMart and collect the cash.  Gift cards are so much more portable and easier to convert into cash!  She also wouldn't have to explain why the baby needs a 50 inch hi def TV or whatever other junk she and Bin choose to purchase with their gift cards. And, she can give Daddy Dearest his cut of the merch without any fuss. Then, she also doesn't have to worry that someone would look at her registry, see that every item had been purchased for her and decide not to send something.  Gift cards don't expire, she can use them to buy anything SHE wants, and the sky's the limit when it comes to converting them to cash and merchandise.  It's win, win win for the Grifting Duggars!!!

• Love 21

Asking for gift cards rather than using a registry for baby gifts also gives Jesse a lot more control, flexibility and privacy.  If she did a registry, she could be subjected to criticism when she requests 3 cribs or 16 potty chairs or whatever like with the bridal registries where they requested multiple sets of pots and pans and dozens of sets of bath towels and such.  It will also save her the time and effort it would take to pack the  extra merchandise into the car and haul it back to Target and WalMart and collect the cash.  Gift cards are so much more portable and easier to convert into cash!  She also wouldn't have to explain why the baby needs a 50 inch hi def TV or whatever other junk she and Bin choose to purchase with their gift cards. And, she can give Daddy Dearest his cut of the merch without any fuss. Then, she also doesn't have to worry that someone would look at her registry, see that every item had been purchased for her and decide not to send something.  Gift cards don't expire, she can use them to buy anything SHE wants, and the sky's the limit when it comes to converting them to cash and merchandise.  It's win, win win for the Grifting Duggars!!!

Bin and Jess should just ask for cash. It's so much more convenient than dealing with those pesky cards. 

• Love 6

Bin and Jess should just ask for cash. It's so much more convenient than dealing with those pesky cards. 

Jessa most likely can't count 3 columns of numbers (JB didn't buy those modules), so totaling up large sums of cash would be a problem.

• Love 11

Jessa most likely can't count 3 columns of numbers (JB didn't buy those modules), so totaling up large sums of cash would be a problem.

Jessa doesn't have to know how to count. She just has to open the mail. Her husband is a college graduate, you know. He has all kinds of brilliance.

• Love 5

Actually, I'm going to have to defend Jessa on knowing how to count. If anyone watched the episode where the Duggars were having a yard sale and donating the proceeds to the Arkansas hospital where Josie was as a premie, Jessa was running the cash register most of the time and making change and I think she did have a hand in the final tally at the end, along with Jinger helping. The two of them also worked in the coffee shop that other time and were also handling money. I do think Jessa is smart and could certainly help Ben run a business of his own (such as the windshield business), if they were able to take the initiative to start a business like that. Michelle put Jessa in charge of homeschooling the little kids because she was probably the one most capable of it. That said, I'm not a fan of the stuff she puts on her social media, although I admit I only read about it here. Again, I blame Jim Bob and Michelle for squelching any desire she had for a career. Didn't she once say she was interested in doing hair and makeup, years ago? That would never be allowed in Duggar world. 

• Love 5

Sickening, yes - absolutely, Drafan, but not so surprising coming from a member of that family. They've all either evolved (devolved ?) into the kind of people who expect cash and prizes for just showing up and, uh...existing, or were raised that way and think it's "normal" to be rewarded for simply hanging out and doing nothing.

What I really want to know is WHO ARE THE PEOPLE SENDING THEM GIFTS ??? What benefit do they receive ? Do they think they're going to suddenly become a member of the Duggars' inner circle ? Do they get a thank-you note/autograph in return ? Is it ever acknowledged ? I could ask questions like this all day...

I'm not immune to being star-struck - I've been very lucky to have met many celebrities in my life, and though I tried to maintain my cool and not be a complete dork, it was really, really difficult. In NYC I've run into, in public, just on the street or shopping, Halle Berry, Uma Thurman, and Sarah Jessica Parker, all of whom were absolutely beautiful, lovely, and very kind. But, and here's the thing - do I feel the need to send them a toaster or a gift card ? No. That's just weird. Very weird. And I think it puts it in perspective. 

Girls in my stepsons' school, waaaay back in the day, used to mail fan art and fanfic to Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson because they were obsessed with all things Harry Potter, and often received very nice notes, albeit with computer generated signatues, as a thank-you, but imagine if Harry or Hermione had gone online asking for specific goods or even money just because they could. People would have been apoplectic !

But for the Duggars ? Just another day at the office...

• Love 11

Gift cards don't expire, she can use them to buy anything SHE wants, and the sky's the limit when it comes to converting them to cash and merchandise.  It's win, win win for the Grifting Duggars!!!

Lots of cards don't expire per se, but after a year or so start to accumulate 'fees' that eat away at the balance pretty quickly. Many gift cards are never used, and are pure profit for stores. Laws vary by state. That being said, Jessa will use every.single.penny.on.herself. Do they even send out thank you cards anymore? I might be motivated to send a gift card with a balance of one cent.

On another note - that blind item about a Duggar being jealous she's no the focus of attention anymore? Jessa's got a TV show. It must be Michelle!

• Love 5

Sickening, yes - absolutely, Drafan, but not so surprising coming from a member of that family. They've all either evolved (devolved ?) into the kind of people who expect cash and prizes for just showing up and, uh...existing, or were raised that way and think it's "normal" to be rewarded for simply hanging out and doing nothing.

What I really want to know is WHO ARE THE PEOPLE SENDING THEM GIFTS ??? What benefit do they receive ? Do they think they're going to suddenly become a member of the Duggars' inner circle ? Do they get a thank-you note/autograph in return ? Is it ever acknowledged ? I could ask questions like this all day...

I'm not immune to being star-struck - I've been very lucky to have met many celebrities in my life, and though I tried to maintain my cool and not be a complete dork, it was really, really difficult. In NYC I've run into, in public, just on the street or shopping, Halle Berry, Uma Thurman, and Sarah Jessica Parker, all of whom were absolutely beautiful, lovely, and very kind. But, and here's the thing - do I feel the need to send them a toaster or a gift card ? No. That's just weird. Very weird. And I think it puts it in perspective. 

Back in the day, I remember hearing about some fanfic writers who got gifts off their fandom, things from Amazon wishlists, and similar.  I only knew it in respect of the fandom's respective best-writers, so even then it made some sort of sense; but simultaneously, not really, because you could only hope that the people sending the gifts were the type of people who could afford to buy the most costly big-deal charity auction prizes, because ... ? I guess at least in those instances they saw it as the same thing as if you were going to Amazon and paying for a book of short stories by said writer, but still, honestly, for real?  I have better things to spend my money on than gifts for someone who, quite possibly, has a better paying job than I do already.  

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 1

I don't mean to offend, but what could we reasonably expect from a "southern women" event?

Have you met a southern woman?????????????
I should clarify, I wasn't referring to actual southern women but a show that calls itself "southern women". Edited by Kokapetl

Spot-on. Jessa is at the very beginning now, far behind most girls her age. Because of her sheltered, insulated, even cloistered upbringing, she's at the point now that most girls are at when they're 13 or 14 years old. But somehow, like the vast majority of teens & 20-somethings - I was the very same myself - she thinks she has this Life thing knocked. Which makes her holier-than-thou, super-righteous attitude [ben's too] even more offensive.

This.  I work with several 20 somethings like this, one in particular.  I think that people used to "know everything" at around nineteen, but that period of know-it-all-kness has expanded, just as young adulthood has expanded.  We married younger and started families younger a generation ago, so were probably quicker to see that life isn't black and white.  I don't know which way is better and I would never claim that we had it tougher back in the day.  I have a lot of empathy for young people today, many of whom leave college saddled with debt and can't find jobs in their field and can't strike out on their own until their 30s.  Of course that doesn't apply to Jessa - she would have been overly sheltered in any era.  

• Love 3

This.  I work with several 20 somethings like this, one in particular.  I think that people used to "know everything" at around nineteen, but that period of know-it-all-kness has expanded, just as young adulthood has expanded.  We married younger and started families younger a generation ago, so were probably quicker to see that life isn't black and white.  I don't know which way is better and I would never claim that we had it tougher back in the day.  I have a lot of empathy for young people today, many of whom leave college saddled with debt and can't find jobs in their field and can't strike out on their own until their 30s.  Of course that doesn't apply to Jessa - she would have been overly sheltered in any era.  

I'm a 20-something and I know that I know nothing. Hopefully Jessa and Ben will soon come to the same conclusion! Ha! 

Jessa is a kill joy!

• Love 1

I'm a 20-something and I know that I know nothing. Hopefully Jessa and Ben will soon come to the same conclusion! Ha! 

Yay for normality. In later decades, you'll still know mostly nothing but at least there'll be a little bit of something to stand on! Even the little shreds of knowledge we get make those later decades better.

Unfortunately, I believe Ben and Jessa have been explicitly taught that, by virtue of the "religious" beliefs with which they've been inculcated, they actually do know everything, and that further information will only be a tool of Satan designed to throw them off course. I think it's likely that, rather than taking tough life experiences as life lessons, they may take them as signs that they're among God's true elect whom the devil has picked out for special persecution. And the answer to that could be Double down! Triple down! Quadruple down! ..... And if that doesn't work, then anger, bitterness. Turning them into normal people who get more clues as time and experience go on could be uphill work because of that, I think.

I was thinking of that Jessa entry on the family blog yesterday and her stuff about how JB and M are A Number One Perfection in the parenting department. Says to me that, at this point, she can't imagine that anything Duggar needs the slightest emendation or development. She either has no idea or couldn't care less that many people see her as a very unformed and immature work in progress -- at this point mainly mean, lazy, poorly socialized and generally idiotic. Wonder what it says about you, personally, if the very best parenting in the entire world turned you out like this. But I don't know what kinds of questions she'd ever allow herself to ask about it, no matter what happens.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

I've considered the possibility that all that fawning could le be Jessa's way of saying "Move along, nothing to see here." Because I have to think Jim Bob is probably not best pleased that all the fame, and the influence, is leaving his headship.

• Love 3

Shit, I'm a 50-something, and I'm still amazed at how much there is still to learn.

IMO, this is one of the factors that indicates a mature person, or at least someone on his way to maturity. Recognizing the possibility that he or she might not be right about everything, that others may also have ideas and viewpoints worth listening to & even considering, that you can't truly understand any issue if you know only one side of it. The older we become, the more we see, and the more there is to know. Only young people have everything knocked - I know I certainly did. I'm sure my own parents found me pretty insufferable, but they never told me that. And thank goodness, for the majority of us, the know-it-all phase doesn't last long. Life tends to come along pretty quickly, biting each of us on the bee-hind and altering all those best-laid plans. And, hopefully, teaching us lessons we couldn't have learned otherwise.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 14

I would so love to run into Jessa and Ben somewhere, and act like I had no idea who they are, but ask, "aw... are you pregnant? Is this your first? Have you been around babies very much? You look so young. *whisper voice* are you married? was this baby planned? Oh, you are and it was! What do you do for a living? Where did you go to school?

I just want them to know that THIS IS NOT NORMAL OR RESPONSIBLE. It's pretty common for more conservative and religious young adults to get married at this age, but one of them usually has a source of stead income - military, one has finished a two year degree that pays well (some types of nursing, plumbing, etc.), OR a shotgun was fired and at they're scrambling for their lives to scrap up money before the kid arrives, and thanking Uncle Sam that the baby will qualify for WIC and a health card while the parents are trying to start a life. We'll not go into those who just keep popping them out and accepting welfare benefits without ever planning to marry or get a job.

• Love 9

Ah, yes! He could have *Bin* a star! He would have played a leading role as the hand-love interest in the Gothard-approved vehicle Never Bin Kissed, which would have exhorted the virtues of courtship and waiting until marriage for that first kiss. No doubt audiences would be flocking to the cinema in droves!

• Love 11

If I'm not mistaken Jessa did a Southern Women's show during the summer and many women complained and boycotted the show entirely because they said she doesn't represent them in any way.  I think Ben was also autographing pictures of her at the show.  Most of the publicity the Southern Women's Show received about her being there was very negative so I'm surprised they're going that route again.

• Love 3