Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E21: Live Eviction 6, Head of Household 7

• Start Topic

I am shocked that Da'Vonne didn't have the round trip ticket in her envelope. So now I'm fairly certain that it's tucked into either Our Boy Paul's envelope or Paulie's envelope. 

Yay for an upcoming DE! This season is in the shitter for me so I'll be happy if they actually get out one of the P's and don't waste it on someone like Nicole. I mean, I want her to go, too, but there are much bigger targets in the house that would satisfy me more to see go. 

I really hope those "internet trolls" keep beating Paul every time he mentions friendship.

• Love 8

So, I once again missed twenty minutes of the show, just enough to tune into Paul's family segment. I guess I'm starting to drift from this season, surprisingly earlier than usual. Hmm.

I get that Paul's family have to be supportive, but some of the things I was questioning. However, his parents seem cute. His best friend seems...well, I wasn't happy when he discussed Paulie and Paul's friendship, that's for sure.

I'm not surprised Day left. I am a little disappointed that she didn't have the round trip ticket, if only because her coming back would mean some shit would happen. 

I wasn't sure about what comp the HOH would be, but this could actually favour the smaller people! Thank god! We could have a power shift! Michelle or Natalie for HOH! I do remember this comp last year, and I'm pretty sure three houseguests got eliminated in the first minute because their butts were touching the seat/stand and that wasn't allowed. So I'm very happy to see people still up by episode's end.

• Love 2

I totally read Day's card as Return Ticket. I think I was so convinced she was getting it that I misread it. I was like, "Whi isn't everyone screaming?" LOL!!! I just hope PP don't run the house. It makes for a boring season and I don't think I could handle a whole season of Paul as the second coming of Derrick-Lite.

• Love 5

Paulie is morphing into Paul with each passing episode. Those sideburns were hideous.

I would hate to win 500K (less after taxes) and spending it on a Bentley.

I'm beginning to think #4 is the round trip ticket. Given that the it's the flight number for Wakiki (connect to the Paris room) on the departure board.

10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Day might have lit a fire in Victor for him to win and put up PP.  Kudos!  Good move, girl. 

Sadly, I think it'll fall on deaf ears.

• Love 4

I liked seeing Paul's family. His mom wants a Bentley? That would be most of his money.

Bitter move of Dav to say that to Victor. She doesn't even know at this point if it's true or not. They could have made up anything to tell her. She also still doesn't get her part in getting herself evicted for blowing up her own alliance with people who weren't coming after her.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

So Day gets a clue way too late, then she loses it again.  No Round Trip.

Now she's stuck in the jury house, but at least gets more $$$.

Her interview shows she still really doesn't get it.

James is pitiful.  He has no business being in this game.  The rest of that gang are annoying and dull.  Natalie is the only likable one and she is attached to James' sinking ship.

No Julie.  Paul is not "my boy".  Thanks for giving us another family to despise.  My Bentley?  Smoke was coming out of my ears.

I like this HOH.  I'm kind of rooting for Michelle?  Meh.

• Love 5

I'm relieved that Da' is gone.  I actually liked her more this season than last, but with her out I can fully turn on the rest of the cast and root for the worst.  It's all I have now.

• Love 2

Paaulie is starting to look like an extra for some bad action movie, what is with the swirling in front? Wearing your hair like that is just an upfront broadcast to everyone you meet that you are, in fact, a douche.

With the double coming up AND someone negating two votes there could be some shake up, oh please let there be some shakeup... I can't take the boredom anymore.

IF Victor understood what Da' said and that's prolly a 50/50 shot I think he'd ignore her "advice" because those are "his boys" and they'd never vote him out! *eyeroll*

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 6

Again with the to be continued HOH competitions. Is there one BB fan in the entire world that likes these? And the last few years they seem to be growing exponentially.

I didn't want DaVonne to go but honestly she brought it on herself by her complete inability to keep a low profile...it's just not in her...and she put herself on everyone's radar. And I didn't apprciate that she didn't give Michelle a hug on the way out because the girl did vote for her.

One more tidbit about Zakiyah from last night. I think the producers are disaspointed her casting turned out to be a bust so they have kept her invisible...not showing the Zaulie showmance while it was still good...and then at long last trot her out there last night as some unstable, clingy trainwreck. It's their revenge I guess for not being good tv.

That was a major blunder with the V & B revelation for the double eviction. James was right...very rookie.

Victor's return to the house has been a big waste. He's basically a lump who has done nothing besides gettting all Bro'ed up. And then there is Corey...who is simple just there...does nothing but literally fill in the blank for Nicole to have a showmance.

I'm sure Paul's mother is very sweet but I had to fast forward through most of it because I could live my entire life without a segment devoted to Paul.

I have seen the future....assuming everyone gets a clue and votes Paulie out in the near future it will be EUREKA...he has two way ticket either by hook or by crook with the powers that be rigging it.

• Love 5

I'm a little bitter than Day is headed to the jury while someone like Natalie (who admitted in tonight's episode that she's pretty much playing for James) is still competing. Conversely, it was refreshing to see that Zakiyah didn't vote with Paulie, even though they're showmantical. 

• Love 3

I didn't believe Da'Vonne was crying because of Zakiyah's goodbye message. She was upset about not getting chances to win money and prizes in competitions down the line, not to mention the $500,000/$50,000. Fair enough but I still think she fibbed.

1 am at the Moonves mansion:

Les: Julie, girl!

Julie: Shut up.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 3

Oh good, I was worried we might actually get to find out who wins HOH before the end of the episode. Why are 80% of HOH competitions To Be Continued?

Zakiya looked determined... I'm guessing she was not expecting Day to get evicted. I'm not sure where she stands, though, since she's had so little screen time. I'm hoping for Natalie or Bridgette to win HOH and possibly put a little heat on the dude bros for once. I'm not a fan of Michelle and Nicole will probably do whatever Cory/"his boys" want, so I can do without that too. 

• Love 4

I'm so glad Da is gone.  I think this is sweet justice for that mean exit speech she gave a few weeks ago.  

Hoping for a Natalie win at the end but I know that won't happen in a million years.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Paul very savvy in his goodbye message pretending he didn't know just in case she had the RT. He's annoying as shit but he's playing well.

I don't think DaVonne believed a word of it...he came across phony as hell.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, JZone said:

Oh good, I was worried we might actually get to find out who wins HOH before the end of the episode. Why are 80% of HOH competitions To Be Continued?

To convince you to buy the live feeds. 

• Love 2

Something about the way Julie is opening those envelopes doesn't look natural. 

The Round-Trip Ticket is only in play until August 18th.  If it was truly a random draw of the envelopes by the HGs, then the odds are against it being opened by an evictee.  It belongs to someone who never gets evicted or even nominated.  But you know that TPTB won't let a huge twist like this be all for not.  How anti-climatic if nothing much comes of it except the slight paranoia.  TPTB certainly made sure that "Secret" Room was found by everyone.   Some HG will end up saved by the Round Trip ticket. 

Edited by K-9
mistake removed
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Eleven members on the jury now?  Last year it was nine. Before that in 2012 with BB14 it was a jury of seven.

The Round-Trip Ticket is only in play until August 18th.  If it was truly a random draw of the envelopes by the HGs, then the odds are against it being opened by an evictee.  It belongs to someone who never gets evicted or even nominated.  But you know that TPTB won't let a huge twist like this be all for not.  How anti-climatic if nothing much comes of it except the slight paranoia.  TPTB certainly made sure that "Secret" Room was found by everyone.   Some HG will end up saved by the Round Trip ticket. 

Still 9. 11 people left = 9 jury and 2 in the finals.

Another 'to be continued' HOH competition?!  They must think we have the attention span of fruit flies and have to be 'reminded' to make sure to watch the show on Sunday or we'll miss the excitement of who wins the competition!  Gag. 

I don't get the Natalie love.  Sure she'd be cute if she was an 8th grader.  But all those yea! yea! and leg kicks just seem (to me) a desperate attempt to remind the audience that she's a cheerleader!!  Yeaaaa! Leg kick.  I don't watch the live feeds, though, she may be truly adorable for real.   My husband told me tonight shes been a cheerleader for a national league football team.  So..... shouldn't that make her a little old to play the giggly cheerleader part?  Just curious if it's all an act.  If so, it seems to be working on most.  I'm feeling a little mean now. 

I'm cranky because I have NO one to root for this year!  Everyone is irritating, boring, or just weird to me-- and not in a good way. 

Edited by stcroix
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

IF Victor understood what Da' said and that's prolly a 50/50 shot I think he'd ignore her "advice" because those are "his boys" and they'd never vote him out! *eyeroll*

Logically speaking, since when is the person walking out the door ever the best source of game strategy?  ;)

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Wait. Paul lives with his Mommy? Mr. Tough Guy with the baaad tats, the douchebro haircut and the beard glitter lives with his Mommy? 

I die.

[mic drop]

No kidding.  She goes in to kiss his pillow every morning and he misses making her mad at him, the little scamp.

That guy's going to be a real catch for some lucky woman.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

I liked seeing Paul's family. His mom wants a Bentley? That would be most of his money.

Oh, I thought she said a "Pantry" and was thinking their house was pretty extravagant looking and that it was surprising it didn't already have a pantry. lol

I'm pretty disappointed that Day is gone. Was she playing an amazing game? No. Her departure is at least partially due to her poor game play, not keeping her cards close enough to her vest, etc.  But I found her to be genuine and relatable and hilarious as well. I definitely think she played better than Bridgette. So to see that giggly, flouncy moron, who was content to let some dude play her game for her, still sitting there over Day is really annoying. But that's life. 

I really wish that James and Natalie had banded together with Day, Zak, and Michelle. Of course that probably would have resulted in a tie, and Paul would've evicted Day anyway, and then they'd go after James most likely, so.....

I just wish there were more variety in the house so we didn't constantly end up these bro alliances. I fell for this show because it was such an interesting social experiment. It's not fun when it's a bunch of jocks dominating everything. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Right? Judging by the house, his family seemed to be doing pretty well. I'd tell her to buy her own Bentley!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Wait. Paul lives with his Mommy? Mr. Tough Guy with the baaad tats, the douchebro haircut and the beard glitter lives with his Mommy? 

I die.

[mic drop]

As much as I don't like the guy, I kind of get why he might be still living with his parents. I don't know if he ever explained his exact reasons for living at home still, but he's a 23 year old guy who probably just started his career. It's cheaper to live at home nowadays than buying or renting an apartment. It's not like he's BB17 Jason's age (27 in about a week) and still living at home. But maybe it's because I'm almost 23 myself, recently graduated from university and I'm moving back with my parents for a little while. 

7 hours ago, stcroix said:

I don't get the Natalie love.  Sure she'd be cute if she was an 8th grader.  But all those yea! yea! and leg kicks just seem (to me) a desperate attempt to remind the audience that she's a cheerleader!!  Yeaaaa! Leg kick.  I don't watch the live feeds, though, she may be truly adorable for real.   My husband told me tonight shes been a cheerleader for a national league football team.  So..... shouldn't that make her a little old to play the giggly cheerleader part?  Just curious if it's all an act.  If so, it seems to be working on most.  I'm feeling a little mean now. 

I think that Natalie does play it up a bit when she knows she's on live TV. I can't say much about the live feeds on here, but I'll do it in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

She's a lot smarter, more perceptive and mostly more toned down, surprisingly. She's still adorable and great to me, and she does squeal sometimes, but I always feel like her squealing is during the moments where she knows it'll be featured on an episode. Not always, but usually. So yes, I do think part of it is an act, but not completely out of her true personality. But then again, I think a lot of these houseguests do the exact same thing. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

As much as I don't like the guy, I kind of get why he might be still living with his parents. I don't know if he ever explained his exact reasons for living at home still, but he's a 23 year old guy who probably just started his career. It's cheaper to live at home nowadays than buying or renting an apartment. It's not like he's BB17 Jason's age (27 in about a week) and still living at home. But maybe it's because I'm almost 23 myself, recently graduated from university and I'm moving back with my parents for a little while. 

I have nothing against the concept of adult kids living at home, in general. In many countries, multi-generational homes are the norm. It's the dynamics of this arrangement that can give me pause. If you're working, in school, have a goal you're aiming for, saving up for your own place, contributing, etc. I don't care. But if you're just loafing around and mommy is bringing you breakfast in bed, then it becomes mockable. I don't know enough about Paul's situation to say, but his mom did seem the type to do the latter. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, K-9 said:

Glad you said that, it's bothering me, too.  But it also bugs me how she holds those white cards, and how she turns the keys in the finale.  Perhaps I've been watching this show for far too long.

Well, with Da' gone, and Natalie professing that she will do whatever James wants her to do, I have no one left to root for.  I guess it wouldn't be awful if Paul won, because he did re-invent himself after losing his initial posse, and although he's obnoxious, everyone seems to like him.  He'd be smart to bring Paulie along, because I think Paul would win in that scenario.

• Love 1

Welp....I'm out. I have come to the realization that this is quickly becoming BB16 part deux, except with a poor man's version of Derrick (Paulie) and Cody (Paul), and this is coming from someone who hated those two with the fire of a thousand suns.

Here is hoping that there is a shakeup,     but who am I kidding, we all know that this will never happen with these suck players.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think that Natalie does play it up a bit when she knows she's on live TV. I can't say much about the live feeds on here, but I'll do it in spoiler tags:

Reveal hidden contents

She's a lot smarter, more perceptive and mostly more toned down, surprisingly. She's still adorable and great to me, and she does squeal sometimes, but I always feel like her squealing is during the moments where she knows it'll be featured on an episode. Not always, but usually. So yes, I do think part of it is an act, but not completely out of her true personality. But then again, I think a lot of these houseguests do the exact same thing. 

It's hard to afford living on your own these days. I'm older than Jason and a college graduate, but I barely make above minimum wage, so sadly I still live at home too.

• Love 2

I just wish there were more variety in the house so we didn't constantly end up these bro alliances. I fell for this show because it was such an interesting social experiment. It's not fun when it's a bunch of jocks dominating everything. 

I was going to say the same thing. The problem is the show keeps casting the same types every single season, which is why we almost always have the same outcome. When you put together a group of frat-boy dude bros and a group of weak-willed girly girls who are more interested in showmance than winning, you end up with a final four sausage fest. It's the same almost every season. At this point it should be obvious who the real threats are, and instead of trying to eliminate those threats everyone seems complicit in helping them get to the end. It's enormously frustrating but as long as this show keeps re-casting the same roles every year we're likely to keep seeing the same ending every year.

And Da'Vonne finally won me over describing the "dumb-ass look" on Nicoles face, too. She was really the last chance to shake things up - but unfortunately, she never won any competitions. The few women who have won things capitulate to the guys. 

I still say Corey has a serious case of Gay Face.

• Love 8

I wonder what would happen if they did a cast of ALL straight women or ALL straight men since the hook up angle always seems to get in the way of game play?

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

If they do a short comp, Julie might get stuck trying to fill several minutes of live show if the comp ends much quicker than expected.

Best example I ever saw was an HoH True/False comp which ended up being exactly one question long; the first question was answered incorrectly by every HG except one.  IIRC it was BB16, Derrick won HoH, and Derrick later revealed he hadn't actually known the correct answer.  Derrick had thought the same (incorrect) answer as everybody else; he was just trying to throw the comp in the first round to avoid getting any BOHH.  Didn't quiiiite work out that way.  :>

In any case Julie ended up having to improv some stretch-cover chatter on live air for an extra 6 or 8 minutes - and much as I luuuuv me some Chenbot, that's not pumping a very deep well.  I think she was almost down to "What's your favorite color?" type questions with the HGs before the episode mercifully made it to sign-off.  :)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I was going to say the same thing. The problem is the show keeps casting the same types every single season, which is why we almost always have the same outcome. When you put together a group of frat-boy dude bros and a group of weak-willed girly girls who are more interested in showmance than winning, you end up with a final four sausage fest. It's the same almost every season. At this point it should be obvious who the real threats are, and instead of trying to eliminate those threats everyone seems complicit in helping them get to the end. It's enormously frustrating but as long as this show keeps re-casting the same roles every year we're likely to keep seeing the same ending every year.

And Da'Vonne finally won me over describing the "dumb-ass look" on Nicoles face, too. She was really the last chance to shake things up - but unfortunately, she never won any competitions. The few women who have won things capitulate to the guys. 

I still say Corey has a serious case of Gay Face.

Exactly what I've been thinking.  I am really not a fan of Paulie.  Didn't care for Cody in his season, but there's something about his eyes in his diary rooms that piss me off.  Can't put my finger on it.  I see this as a frat guy vs. girl thing, it is so obvious.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm pretty disappointed that Day is gone. Was she playing an amazing game? No. Her departure is at least partially due to her poor game play, not keeping her cards close enough to her vest, etc.  But I found her to be genuine and relatable and hilarious as well. I definitely think she played better than Bridgette. So to see that giggly, flouncy moron, who was content to let some dude play her game for her, still sitting there over Day is really annoying. But that's life. 

I

I'm kind of curious about your remarks because I like Bridgette, and I wanted her, Bronte and Nat to go far.  In fact, I still feel a bit pissed with Tiff for ratting them out to Day.  I get what you're talking about in regard to how she's playing with regard to how Day played.  What I don't get is why you blame Bridgette, but see nothing wrong with Zak, Nat, Nicole, and even Michelle who has no man, doing the same damned thing.

And I didn't think Day played all that well either, but that's neither here nor there.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Sayla Vee said:

I'm kind of curious about your remarks because I like Bridgette, and I wanted her, Bronte and Nat to go far.  In fact, I still feel a bit pissed with Tiff for ratting them out to Day.  I get what you're talking about in regard to how she's playing with regard to how Day played.  What I don't get is why you blame Bridgette, but see nothing wrong with Zak, Nat, Nicole, and even Michelle who has no man, doing the same damned thing.

And I didn't think Day played all that well either, but that's neither here nor there.

I didn't say there was nothing wrong with how any of those girls were playing. Frankly, I feel underwhelmed. I was hopeful early on when the Eight Pack had more girls than guys and they formed their own inner alliance - The Fatal Five. But that fell apart. 

The reason I only mentioned Bridgette is because SHE was the one on the block with Day. So I was basically saying I thought Day at least played the game, and deserved to be there, over someone who I believe 100% turned her game over to a man. 

Nicole seems to be doing pretty much the same. I think she is the "brains" when it comes to Corey/Nicole, but I think her attachment to him means she's going to do what his bro's want her to do. 

Zak and Michelle have acted very irrational lately, when it comes to dudes in the house, but at least they voted their own way on this last one. 

I never really cared for the trio of Bridgette, Natalie, and Bronte. If any, I'd have the most respect for Bronte. At least she stood up to Paul when the guys were trying to put her in her place. But their Spy Girl alliance was stupid from the start, and they all come off as really giggly and vapid, to me. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

Zak and Michelle have acted very irrational lately, when it comes to dudes in the house, but at least they voted their own way on this last one. 

Purely by accident - in Michelle's case, at least.  If she'd known DaaaBoyeeez were voting out Da, Michelle would've flipped her vote quicker'n a jackrabbit on a date.

3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Purely by accident - in Michelle's case, at least.  If she'd known DaaaBoyeeez were voting out Da, Michelle would've flipped her vote quicker'n a jackrabbit on a date.

Possibly. But I wonder how strong Michelle's "hatred" towards Bridgette is, for "stealing" Frank. (Honey, you can HAVE him.)

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Possibly. But I wonder how strong Michelle's "hatred" towards Bridgette is, for "stealing" Frank. (Honey, you can HAVE him.)

Not nearly as strong as Michelle's fear of being on the outside of the vote.  

Spoiler

That's what was at the core of last night's histrionics.  Big Mooch was scared shitless of the fact she was so purely ignorant of the "Evict Da" plan; it proved she wasn't sitting at the cool kid's table the way she thought she was.

Edited by Nashville
Spoiler tags added; forgot which thread I was typing in.
  • Love 2

Nicole seems to be doing pretty much the same. I think she is the "brains" when it comes to Corey/Nicole, 

Good lord. Talk about your braintrust without a brain.

Where Bridget lost me is in the diary room, saying Frank "didn't deserve" to get evicted. Uh, why not, sweetie? Did you miss all the offensive things he did and how he annoyed the shit out of everyone else? With the exception of Da'Vonne (and possibly Zakiyah, who I know nothing about), none of the girls this season seem terribly bright. Natalie says she'll do whatever James does, Michelle cries every time you look at her sideways, and Nicole and Bridget were both sewn to to the hip of some guy and will do whatever they say. 

But then, when they're casting the girls on this show, I believe they are deliberately looking for this very type of girl - the ones who say they're going to use their feminine wiles on the men to get what they want, wink wink giggle giggle. 

• Love 9