Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: A Very Hairy Christmas

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, StevieRocks said:

Great point. Lord knows I never want to see bitter old Caroline and her 'fambly' of failing to thrive nitwits, but yeah, why weren't Jac and Chris with their own stupid 'famblies'? Ugh--now they look even MORE lame, which I didn't think was possible! Thanks, RHJunkie! :)

One wonders....in the past, haven't they aired New Year's Eve parties at the Brownstone?   Wouldn't Jac be invited to that?  Would Caroline have minded if the Wakiles and Rosie tagged along?  Probably not.  I guess Bravo demanded that Jac have the pathetic party where everyone stands in the kitchen and talks about Teresa.   Teresa's party looked like alot more fun.

• Love 5

Teresa and Melissa in the kitchen wore me out.   While I'm at my solo table somebody tell me what Melissa did to Tree for her to be so dramatic about the way she'd been treated.   I'm gonna need something bigger than missing a visit with her father in law to go to the gym and the crime of store bought sprinkle cookies.

I felt like simultaneously banging my head against a wall and strangling them. They are both simpletons. They want to move on, but wait, let's bring up every supposed wrong that the other did. And then pledge to "have each other's back". Tick tick tick, can you hear it. It's the countdown to when the first violation of their pact happens. I am voting for next week. 

Between their fugly clothes and fugly homes, my eyes are exhausted. 

• Love 9

Well, all I can say is that I hope Siggy and Mulva add some fun to this group because all I can see coming is heavy, dark and boring. I'm not interested in the Teresa redemption tour. 

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Well, all I can say is that I hope Siggy and Mulva add some fun to this group because all I can see coming is heavy, dark and boring. I'm not interested in the Teresa redemption tour. 

MULVA!!  Rhymes w/a "female body part"!!  Brilliant....

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Hahaha -- I see what you did there and get the reference! Good catch : )

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

The way Joe Guidice talks to his kids disgusts me. During that whole New Year's Eve fiasco, he way he was yelling at Gia and said something about getting her fat ass out of the house? Who talks to their daughters that way?  Can not stand that man, he does not have one ounce of class and I think Gia took care of her sisters while Tre was gone, not that asshole!  

Move over please, I'm sitting with you.  I agree 100%.  Gia has never been my favorite but I really feel sorry for her.  If he talks to her or the other girls like that when cameras are rolling, what does he say when they aren't? I know, he's so drunk he probably isn't even aware of the cameras. Hoping that's the case. 

Just something trivial. If Tre & Delores have been good friends for so long, wouldn't Tre know when Delores' birthday is?  Maybe not the exact day & not expecting a present from her so soon out of the clink, but Tre was thoroughly surprised to hear it was Delores' birthday.  Tre said something along the lines of "today is your birthday??" Instead she should have said "oh that's right, your Birthday is around Christmas, sorry I forgot this year with everything going on."  It made it seem like Tre didn't know if it was in May or December. She probably still doesn't. Maybe in their world good friends aren't expected to remember each other's birthdays.

It also drove me nuts that when they parked in the Gorga's garage, why didn't Joe  just put the garage door down to hide Tre from the Paparazzi?  Instead Tre had to be "shielded" with what looked like someone holding Audriana's coat like she was a famous movie star. Not.

• Love 9

Teresa and Melissa in the kitchen wore me out.   While I'm at my solo table somebody tell me what Melissa did to Tree for her to be so dramatic about the way she'd been treated.   I'm gonna need something bigger than missing a visit with her father in law to go to the gym and the crime of store bought sprinkle cookies.

Melissa came on the show to take her SIL and family down and humiliate them. Nothing outside of the show and the thirst for fame on Teresa's coattails could have caused such a rift.

And they're still hanging on, even after the jail sentence, because they LOVE being on TV. A reparable rift was made into a Grand Canyon-like chasm when Mel elbowed her way on the show. They're still irrelevant, all these years later, without Tre. It's so tiresome. 

Rosie continues to be a welcome addition in small doses.

Jac is an utter whacko. I can't even believe I'm saying this, but take a page out of Caro's book - you can be "done" and be civil. Have the dignity to walk away if you truly don't like someone. 

Ashlee is looking like Kylie Jenner with those lips.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Move over please, I'm sitting with you.  I agree 100%.  Gia has never been my favorite but I really feel sorry for her.  If he talks to her or the other girls like that when cameras are rolling, what does he say when they aren't? I know, he's so drunk he probably isn't even aware of the cameras. Hoping that's the case. 

Just something trivial. If Tre & Delores have been good friends for so long, wouldn't Tre know when Delores' birthday is?  Maybe not the exact day & not expecting a present from her so soon out of the clink, but Tre was thoroughly surprised to hear it was Delores' birthday.  Tre said something along the lines of "today is your birthday??" Instead she should have said "oh that's right, your Birthday is around Christmas, sorry I forgot this year with everything going on."  It made it seem like Tre didn't know if it was in May or December. She probably still doesn't. Maybe in their world good friends aren't expected to remember each other's birthdays.

It also drove me nuts that when they parked in the Gorga's garage, why didn't Joe  just put the garage door down to hide Tre from the Paparazzi?  Instead Tre had to be "shielded" with what looked like someone holding Audriana's coat like she was a famous movie star. Not.

Absolutely!  And good manners dictates that Tre should have at least offered to pay for the mani/pedi since it was her birthday!

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Pollock said:

I was indifferent to Jacqueline  except for a vague sense of pity because she's so unbalanced I just can't hate but she went on the bed with her shoes. You're dead to me Woman. 

Teresa is smart when it's convenient so her making money of her release is one of those moments and I liked her candor about it: "I can't have my picture taken because of my exclusive with People". What I was happy about was Gia having at last license to be a teenager and not putting up with shit anymore. Good for her, she had a tough year, probably another one coming and every right to let her parents know that they suck. I'll give her a pass on this one. You can't expect her to take care of her sisters like she's their mother and be held to 14 years old standards at the same time. Anyway... Joe being emotional at midnight when she came home got to me, I must admit. Even if I know he did shitty illegal things, that he probably cheated on his wife and is a certified drunk, I like him. It's one of those inexplicable things, really, I can't foster a reason why but yet, I like him against all odds. 

On the other hand, if Poor Man's Jeff Goldblum and JoeGo could "go away" too, that'd be great. They are critically jeopardizing my pleasure as a viewer and that's a crime.

I like that Teresa is focused on making some money, because she's going to need it, and hopefully she's learned her lesson. I think Joe was acting like an ass about Gia going out for New Year's Eve because he won't be around for the holidays next year, so he was feeling very sentimental. Teresa does seem to recognize that it's time for her "dotter" to go back to being a teen and how hard she worked to help keep the girls together.

I like Joe, too.  He's a misguided oaf, and not smart enough to go around committing crimes, but he loves his family.

Jacqueline is a petulant crazy bitch and her party sucked, too.

• Love 12

Just something trivial. If Tre & Delores have been good friends for so long

I'm pretty sure that Delores is Caroline's friend, so I will be interested in seeing how she and Teresa play out with each other.

• Love 3

I found it painful to watch Melissa and Teresa pretending to make peace with each other. If the Giudice's current state of affairs can't bring these people together, nothing will and it is really sad. I've read a bit on the back story of how obsessed Melissa was to get on RHONJ after seeing how Teresa fared, and that she and Joe would have done almost anything to receive the fame and money they saw Teresa getting. It's a real shame that their family is forever altered because of greed.

The pain and stress of everything  is showing on Teresa's face. Even though all their troubles were their own fault, I feel a touch of sympathy for her and the very heavy burden she must feel in her heart. Gia behaved like a brat, but I'm cutting her some slack for everything she and her sisters have been through. It was sad and touching at the end of the episode when Gia was crying and hugging Joe's mother- she lost her husband this year, and her son is going to prison. 

Jaclyn and Ashley are cut from the same cheap, fake cloth. They both nauseate me. Get your shoes off the bed, dummy. Chris seems like an ok guy, despite his poor business sense and terrible taste in women. I used to like Rosie, but find her almost like a characature of herself- she got a little attention for being different, loud, outspoken, but now it isn't endearing anymore. 

When Dolores was talking to her therapist her face looked almost as if she had a giant scar on her cheek. 

• Love 6

I have always felt that Joe Giu is the gold standard for reality tv.   I think what we see is the real deal, unlike almost every other "star" out there.   He doesn't even try to hide his faults or monitor his voice and I love that about him.  I have no doubt that he loves his girls and Gia adores him too.  Do I like how he called her a fathead?  Not really, but I've been around families that talk to each other like that all the time, believe it or not, and they are pretty normal loving families.  Joe sometimes reminds me of a cross between Archie Bunker and Ralph Kramden.  I am always fascinated by Joe and his family.  For my reality viewing, they are perfect.  Maybe not a high bar to set, but they work for me.  As long as I keep a distance from them in real life, I'm good with them.

Joe Go, his bunch, and all the rest bore me to death.   Jacq is interesting in a not so good way.  I think she has a personality disorder and I'm always waiting for her to implode.

Tre looked tired and haggard, either from a weight loss, stress or both IMO.  I understood her commenting on missing her home right away.  I'm always  caught off guard to be back in my home after being  gone from my home for awhile.  It just overwhelms me for a moment to be in a familiar place again, especially if I was away in a much different atmosphere. 

• Love 22
14 hours ago, JustDuckie said:

What was up with Teresa's lips at the nail salon? It looked like they were outlined with a sharpie and filled in with a crayon. 

Gawd yes.  She was seriously disturbing me in that scene.  And also seriously channeling Janice Muppet.

gay-muppets-13-450x600.jpg

• Love 6

I laughed at Jac's shitty little party.  It sucks when the hosts are poor.  Did Richie hand Chris Laurita a bottle of beer as a host gift?  It sure looked like it to me.  Jesus, he's classy.  I'm willing to bet that Caroline didn't want Bravo cameras in the Brownstone NYE party.  I've heard that Manzod with Children is returning later this summer and she probably doesn't want NYE scenes to be shown on RHONJ first.  She's petty like that. I'm sure she and her sucky fambly have filmed scenes discussing Teresa's release as well. 

Last season it was mostly scenes of Teresa and her family, then scenes of the other women sitting around, talking about... Teresa.  Looks like that will continue.  If any of these women had interesting lives that didn't revolve around the Giudices, we'd have seen them by now.  Pathetic.  They should just rename the show "Real Housewife of New Jersey (and Others)".

I thought Teresa's reunion with her mother and brother were a little unemotional but then I remembered that they probably had seen her the week before.  So maybe that's the reason?  As for the goings-on with Melissa, those two have years and years of bad blood.  They keep wanting to toss all of it under the rug and start fresh but that appears to be impossible since neither one can forget/forgive and refrain from making snarky jokes.  I hope this is all for television and things are copacetic in real life. 

Teresa:  I'd be happy as hell to be back in my house, too.  It's a safe environment away from strangers who might want to beat you up, having privacy in the bathroom, being around things that are familiar, having your kitchen back... yeah, that'd be one of the first things I'd say too.  I'll cut her some slack there.  Doing this show the minute that she was released was probably not a good idea but as she said herself, she has to make money.  Good for her for hustling because JoeGiu isn't going to be much help from the cell block.   Gia is acting out.  I hope that she has someone to talk to (and Gabriella and Milania, too) because Teresa doesn't want to discuss hard things and only wants to put on a happy face and pretend that things are fine. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, bosawks said:

I did sort of love the dynamic of this group of horrible people weren't invited to this group of horrible people's horrible party so they went to a different horrible party with different horrible people and complained about the horribleness of it all..........awesome.

Oh, and every time you bitch about sprinkle cookies it makes me want some sprinkle cookies, so, stop it!

Bosawks sums it up perfectly again! Including the jones for sprinkle cookies...

I may need to start watching again...ratings be damned.

These "ladies" have to get back in each other's lives since they were all hired once again for the same show that celebrates "rich" (using that term lightly), middle-aged women acting like high school mean girls. I get Teresa and Jaq need the money (and promises to Bravo of ensuing drama), but I can't believe the Wakile's are making that much money to make this worth their while. It seems to be not a good look for any of them.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Pollock said:

I was indifferent to Jacqueline  except for a vague sense of pity because she's so unbalanced I just can't hate but she went on the bed with her shoes. You're dead to me Woman. 

Teresa is smart when it's convenient so her making money of her release is one of those moments and I liked her candor about it: "I can't have my picture taken because of my exclusive with People". What I was happy about was Gia having at last license to be a teenager and not putting up with shit anymore. Good for her, she had a tough year, probably another one coming and every right to let her parents know that they suck. I'll give her a pass on this one. You can't expect her to take care of her sisters like she's their mother and be held to 14 years old standards at the same time. Anyway... Joe being emotional at midnight when she came home got to me, I must admit. Even if I know he did shitty illegal things, that he probably cheated on his wife and is a certified drunk, I like him. It's one of those inexplicable things, really, I can't foster a reason why but yet, I like him against all odds. 

On the other hand, if Poor Man's Jeff Goldblum and JoeGo could "go away" too, that'd be great. They are critically jeopardizing my pleasure as a viewer and that's a crime.

bwahahaha "poor man's Jeff Goldblum"

That is so amazingly spot on.

You almost had me fall out of my desk chair trying to stifle my laughter!!!

• Love 3

I can't with Jacqueline. She doesn't know what the hell she wants. On WWHL, she said Teresa contacted her 2 weeks before she got out of jail which coincides with 2 weeks before filming was to start so she didn't think Teresa was genuine. I don't think it mattered when Teresa contacted Jacqueline - she wasn't going to be happy regardless.

Please get Richie, Kathy, and Rosie off of this show. Please, Bravo! I can't stand them. And I bet all of three of them would have been over the moon if Teresa extended an invite to her house for the holiday. It's funny how Melissa and Teresa seem to be getting along in real time. I bet that pisses Kathy off.

• Love 11
(edited)

Thank goodness Teresa's brand new Lexus was finally shown. I'm sure not being able to show off her latest ostentatious possession gave her agita.

Creepster Papa Gorga looked totally thrilled to see his felon daughter for the first time in a year. Not.

I hope that Teresa and Joe are getting them some good therapy.

50centdriving.gif

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I can't with Jacqueline. She doesn't know what the hell she wants. On WWHL, she said Teresa contacted her 2 weeks before she got out of jail which coincides with 2 weeks before filming was to start so she didn't think Teresa was genuine. I don't think it mattered when Teresa contacted Jacqueline - she wasn't going to be happy regardless.

Please get Richie, Kathy, and Rosie off of this show. Please, Bravo! I can't stand them. And I bet all of three of them would have been over the moon if Teresa extended an invite to her house for the holiday. It's funny how Melissa and Teresa seem to be getting along in real time. I bet that pisses Kathy off.

Personally, I think that the ONLY reason Tre is "getting along" with Melissa is for the show. She has to get along with someone, otherwise we are exclusively treated to scenes of Tre with her "dawters" or Juicy getting his back shaved. That's what happened the season before she went to the big house. And everyone else on the cast interacted, but only to talk about Tre. She knows that she has to have someone else from the cast to talk to, so it's Melissa. If it wasn't for the Bravo paycheck, she wouldn't give Melissa the time of day. 

I agree that Kathy and  Rosie can get off my TV. I am waiting to see the eventual confrontation with Jacq. It's gonna be a shitshow. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, watcherwoman said:

I have always felt that Joe Giu is the gold standard for reality tv.   I think what we see is the real deal, unlike almost every other "star" out there.   He doesn't even try to hide his faults or monitor his voice and I love that about him.  I have no doubt that he loves his girls and Gia adores him too.  Do I like how he called her a fathead?  Not really, but I've been around families that talk to each other like that all the time, believe it or not, and they are pretty normal loving families.

I agree. I mostly like Joe. Sometimes I find him a bit harsh, but he clearly adores his girls and they know this. But yes, your overall point stands. There's nothing phony about Juicy. He is nice on camera and he's an ass on camera. He doesn't try to put on this fake persona, and that is a bit refreshing. 

1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Teresa:  I'd be happy as hell to be back in my house, too.  It's a safe environment away from strangers who might want to beat you up, having privacy in the bathroom, being around things that are familiar, having your kitchen back... yeah, that'd be one of the first things I'd say too.  I'll cut her some slack there. 

Co-sign. I have found Tre to be pretty materialistic over the years, but I think missing her house was about missing her comfort zone. Even if I lived in a studio apartment, I'd miss it while in prison. 

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Co-sign. I have found Tre to be pretty materialistic over the years, but I think missing her house was about missing her comfort zone. Even if I lived in a studio apartment, I'd miss it while in prison. 

I agree. I have acquaintances who have been to prison and yeah, it will make you appreciate and miss your home on the outside really quickly.

• Love 4

I caught some of Melissa and Teresa's argument in the kitchen. Teresa is infuriating. All Melissa was trying to do was acknowledge that they both had done shitty things to each other in the past, but proceed into the future not doing shitty things to each other. Teresa is a stupid asshole who never takes responsibility for anything she does. Of course she didn't say anything about Melissa, just the friends that she invited everywhere said stuff. This reminds of the much funnier more self-aware version of this fight on Vanderpump Rules where Scheana tells Stassi that she never tweeted anything bad about Stassi. She only retweeted bad things about Stassi. She retweeted every last mean tweet about Stassi. Scheana knew she was being a shady bitch when she did that, but Teresa is all love and light.

How does Juicy not know what Christmas is a celebration of? Aside from his 40 plus years as a Catholic, he's had the last decade of Melissa's baby Jesus exclamations. 

These people are such morons. I'm fairly certain that this is the dumbest cast on Bravo and I'm including not only RHoOC, but also Vanderpump Rules, Secrets and Wives, Princesses: Long Island, Real Housewives of Cheshire, Euros of Hollywood, the 7th and 8th season cast of Millionaire Matchmaker, and Game of Crowns.

• Love 11

I'm curious, and since I despise the fugly Wakile fambly so much--and hate seeing their ugly mugs,--I'll just ask. Are they even getting paid to clomp around this season like a bunch of Thriller video rejects? I can't help but think they built their lame McMansion for the sole purpose of showing off on the show, and now that they've been relegated to, uh...Thriller video rejects, are they just trying desperately to get back on? They're all just so...sad and desperate. And the fact that Chris and Jac had to glom on to them--and vice versa--makes the lot of them look like they're gasping for their last breath on RHoNJ.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

I'm curious, and since I despise the fugly Wakile fambly so much--and hate seeing their ugly mugs,--I'll just ask. Are they even getting paid to clomp around this season like a bunch of Thriller video rejects? I can't help but think they built their lame McMansion for the sole purpose of showing off on the show, and now that they've been relegated to, uh...Thriller video rejects, are they just trying desperately to get back on? They're all just so...sad and desperate. And the fact that Chris and Jac had to glom on to them--and vice versa--makes the lot of them look like they're gasping for their last breath on RHoNJ.

They are probably "Friend" status and getting paid only for the scenes that make it into the show, hence wasting what could be a fun NYE by spending it with Wacky Jac.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Melissa came on the show to take her SIL and family down and humiliate them. Nothing outside of the show and the thirst for fame on Teresa's coattails could have caused such a rift.

And they're still hanging on, even after the jail sentence, because they LOVE being on TV. A reparable rift was made into a Grand Canyon-like chasm when Mel elbowed her way on the show. They're still irrelevant, all these years later, without Tre. It's so tiresome. 

Rosie continues to be a welcome addition in small doses.

Jac is an utter whacko. I can't even believe I'm saying this, but take a page out of Caro's book - you can be "done" and be civil. Have the dignity to walk away if you truly don't like someone. 

Ashlee is looking like Kylie Jenner with those lips.

See this is what I kept hearing from Tre.  My question was how exactly did they accomplish it?  (If they did).  I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass girl lol, I watched all the seasons, I just really don't remember the active thing(s) Melissa did.   By the by I don't think being quiet counts because if my family does something fucked up, and somebody says so in my presence, that silence = yeah knowing my tribe you're probably right but I'm not here to cosign. 

• Love 3

Teresa’s NYE party…did she say she didn’t have time to cook so she had it catered by Rino? As in Sharpie Stencilled Eyebrows RIno?

Kathy/Rosie/Rich in the Lauritas kitchen again..didn’t we get enough of this last season – same subject too? The 1st party was at the Lauritas why not have the 2nd party at Kathy’s Cannoli Castle?

Milania asleep under a couch – Hilarious

Gia crying with Joe’s mom. That got me. Did Joe’s dad pass when Teresa was in jail or before she went in? Is this their first holiday season without him?

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Milania asleep under a couch – Hilarious

That was the best. And Tre said something like, "She likes to sleep back there" - like it's a common occurrence. Kids are so random!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. I mostly like Joe. Sometimes I find him a bit harsh, but he clearly adores his girls and they know this. But yes, your overall point stands. There's nothing phony about Juicy. He is nice on camera and he's an ass on camera. He doesn't try to put on this fake persona, and that is a bit refreshing. 

Me too! So wrong! IMO - Juicy is actually refreshingly honest (except for those pesky depositions) and naturally so unintentionally funny (for somebody on a RH show) to me. RHNJ won't be the same without him in the future...

• Love 11
5 hours ago, watcherwoman said:

Tre looked tired and haggard, either from a weight loss, stress or both IMO.  I understood her commenting on missing her home right away.  I'm always  caught off guard to be back in my home after being  gone from my home for awhile.  It just overwhelms me for a moment to be in a familiar place again, especially if I was away in a much different atmosphere. 

Plus, it wasn't her first time seeing Joe, right? didn't he visit her in the slammer?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

Me too! So wrong! IMO - Juicy is actually refreshingly honest (except for those pesky depositions) and naturally so unintentionally funny (for somebody on a RH show) to me. RHNJ won't be the same without him in the future...

No, it won't be the same.  He's so funny and he's just himself.  He doesn't do twitter or any of that other social media crap like so many other fame whore house husbands do.  He's always been my favorite house husband, except that time in the vineyard when he called Tre the "c" word.  I was really mad at him for that.   I'm gonna miss him when he's gone.  :(  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I caught some of Melissa and Teresa's argument in the kitchen. Teresa is infuriating. All Melissa was trying to do was acknowledge that they both had done shitty things to each other in the past, but proceed into the future not doing shitty things to each other. Teresa is a stupid asshole who never takes responsibility for anything she does.

I don't know how it's possible to be in prison for nearly a year and not change AT ALL. Very disappointing. I thought I was watching a rerun during that scene.

I do believe that Melissa got on the show for nefarious purposes, but damn, Teresa, let it go.

• Love 3

I have never understood the resentment over Tre's family getting on the show.  The show was started with two sisters and a SIL, so wouldn't a normal person want their family as part of the line up?  I always felt Tre resented her family making money in her arena.   her behavior over the years towards her family spoke volumes.  I guess there was no real rehabilitation in the prison for her.  Girl can hold a grudge.

One thing that really bugs me about Joe Gorga, is he prattles on and on about wanting his wife home like old school.  His mother worked outside the home driving a school bus to put food on the table for Teresa and his dumbass.  So I don't know why he is acting as if women working outside the home is some novel idea.  Melissa has been the primary bread winner now for about five years.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I have never understood the resentment over Tre's family getting on the show.  The show was started with two sisters and a SIL, so wouldn't a normal person want their family as part of the line up?  I always felt Tre resented her family making money in her arena. 

I think you have to read the trash talking Melissa did before she got on the show to understand. She had a lot of vitriol toward Teresa for some reason and made flat out threats that she'd make her look bad. These were posts to blogs that Melissa made when the show started. I don't have any links because it's all ancient history, but I remember going back to them after Melissa got on and it was easy to ID her as the poster due to the "insider" info she had. And yes, I'm sure Teresa would have resented Melissa getting on and making money even if there hadn't been threats of "bringing her down". I wonder if Teresa's comments about how she'd never have been prosecuted if she hadn't been on TV go back to this and that's why she can't forgive Melissa.

• Love 4

I'm sort of surprised that I missed the NJ housewives, and here's my impressions:

Teresa:  I've been up and down with Teresa, and I now just take her as is.  She's never going to admit to her part in the fraud, but she's paid her dues, and I'm over it.  I don't need her to comp to her complicity.  It's never going to happen, and it's a fool's errand to expect it to.  I do enjoy watching her with her girls, and how affectionate she is with them.  I like that she accepts Gabriella's discomfort with the cameras and slightly more stand offish personality.  I loved that she cupped Gabriella's face in her hand, and it reminded me of watching her do the same a few seasons ago.  I accept her selling of the first pics and the exclusivity of People, etc.  But she's an imbecile for speaking of it on camera.  She used to be smarter about her "brand".

Joe:  I've never hated the guy, and there have been times that I've actually liked him.  If he chooses to take the fall for Teresa's part - whatever.  Maybe it's his way of making up for the cheating.  It did seem to bring them closer.  I remember when he acted like he couldn't stand her, and she dragged him off into the grape vines to force a sexual encounter.  Before she went to prison he seemed broken and loving toward her.  I don't like how he talks to his kids sometimes, but he is who he is.  I kind of agree with Caroline that Joe would have been happy to live a simple life.

The Gorga parents - Sorry, but these people are fucked up in the way that they deal with their children.  I think these two are the root of most of the problems between J/J/T/M.  Hearing the bizarre story about Kathy and Rosie's mother - that the aunt's child died, so one day their mother came home from school, was cleaned up pretty, then given to the aunt in consolation of her own child's death.  BIZARRE.  And then T's dad decided to hate this woman ...... the man terrifies me.  I remember him railing at Melissa in barely intelligible English (I'm sure he hates her for not being Italian enough, and not speaking the mother tongue) for not sitting at home 24/7 waiting for him to drop by unannounced and uninvited.  Having said that, I'm glad he didn't die while Teresa was in prison.  It was probably also a blessing that Joe's father died before he went in.  Sounds like I'm talking about a Mafia family, doesn't it?

Melissa/Joey - They don't bother me (other than the horny Joey skits).  I'm fascinated by the genuine anguish I see between Joey/Teresa, and Joey with his father.  I do believe that Teresa is responsible for alienating the senior Gorgas from Joey's family.  And I really think Teresa had some sort of dysfunctional jealousy of Melissa, and her relationship with Joey.  I also think T expected Melissa and she would be closer than sisters, and Melissa didn't feel the same since she had her real sisters she was close to.  This doesn't excuse the senior Gorga's responsibility for allowing themselves to be alienated.  They chose their son-in-law over their own son.  I don't blame M/J for sticking to the script of T's innocence.  They know the drill.  If they don't bow to T's wishes, she will cut them out again - and take the parents with her.  What confuses me is Teresa's closeness with Joe's side of the family.  Why is it okay for her to be close to each side, but Melissa is expected to prioritize the Gorga's over her own family?

Jacqueline - I don't hate her.  I think she's genuinely an emotional mess.  I never blamed her for her relationship with Ashley.  I think they had a pretty common dysfunctional relationship of a woman having a daughter at such a young age.  Looks like things are better now.  I'm not comfortable with Nicholas and the cameras, but then I'm not comfortable with any of the children on reality shows.  It doesn't really bother me that she cries every time she mentions Nick.  She's clearly not accepted what his true prognosis may be.  She's enabled by Chris, and possibly the rest of the Lauritas.  I also don't have a big problem with how conflicted she is about Teresa, and I find it genuine.  I have a cousin who truly mind fucked me for years.  I haven't seen her in ten years and I probably still talk about her at least once a week.  I love her and I hate her.  I want the best for her and then I want to see her struggle.  It's a mess and I shouldn't let myself be manipulated, but it's easier said than done.  I don't care about the origin of her marriage to Chris, and it disgusts me that Chris always dodges the bullet of blame.

Delores/Dolores - Not much opinion so far, other than agreeing she has to be related to Dina.  Same lips, teeth, boobs, eyes.  I hope she has the better personality.  I've never been a Dina fan.  Stealth, thy name is Dina.

Siggy - No opinion other than I thought Siggy was a German name.  A very German name.

My last thought:  I so hope this thread doesn't go the way of the BH and NY threads.  I understand venting, but how many times can a woman be mocked for her addiction, looks, etc.  It drove me from the BH threads, is about to drive me from the NY threads, and I'm certainly not going to be coming here for the (understandable to a degree) 24/7 vitriol against the Giudices, and the arguments that the Lauritas and Gorgas are just as guilty.

***Anyone notice that after trying so hard to push the pronunciation as Jew-deech-ay, they've gone back to Jew-dice?  And can we cut out their attorney?  He's more annoying to me than even the saggy-breasted handler that Aviva dragged around with her.

• Love 13

I can't remember exactly how he phrased it, but Richie Wakile made a comment about building his new McMansion when they were entering the Laurita's New Years extravaganza!! They are probably chomping at the bit ( and with Richie that is a BIG bit) to talk about their bigger, better house! 

Joe Giudice is so incredibly dumb, and 100% raw and unguarded that I can't even dislike him! I agree with the OP above that said he is reality show gold. 

• Love 6

Teresa looked really bad at the nail salon...like her face was melting. Strange she looked better coming out of prison than after some time at home with sleep in your own bed, your shampoo, make up, hair stuff, food etc. WHY did she look so horrible?  

Teresa came off as very bitchy and hasn't changed a bit. 

I know Melissa is more of an actress and says what she needs in order to get ratings...but she appeared kinder, more sincere (or got a nicer edit) than teresa. I really think Teresa has a screw loose. 

• Love 1

He basically said times were hard [being broke] since he had just finished the house. That's why he could only afford to bring Chris a minimum cost bottle of alcohol. That's when he offered the open gift bag and Chris pulled out a bottle of Bud Light. Hardyharharhar.

He thinks he's so clever. Ick. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Teresa looked really bad at the nail salon...like her face was melting. Strange she looked better coming out of prison than after some time at home with sleep in your own bed, your shampoo, make up, hair stuff, food etc. WHY did she look so horrible?  

I think it either speaks of how stressed Teresa was initially after her release, or how good her makeup and skincare products are at temporarily firming her skin.   She's a sun worshipper so one might think a year out of the sun was good for her skin.  But she's also been a year away from expensive skincare products.  Maybe she's been using wine as a stress release and she's dehydrating her skin. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree with not liking what he said to Gia but he let's the girls say shit to him too.  In my book, not good all the way around.  But I have never had either parents, let alone both, go to jail so maybe it's some kind of self therapy and a way for them all to vent.  I agree he is the most real of all the housewives franchises.  His mother is gorgeous!  If you would have told me she was his sister I would have believed you.  Papa Gorga looks insane.  Joe Gorga has some deep seated issues as does Teresa.  My guess it stems from Mr. Gorga and their upbringing.

Teresa/Melissa - there comes a point when you just have to move on.  I know I did.  My brother's wife had been married 3 times before him and was/is very good at "fitting" in.  My sister and I clearly see it but my brother does not.  It caused stress for us but we decided to let it go, let it go.....and it did release something for us.  It's his life and we have to accept it.  He has always had our backs.  I do know that both Melissa and Joe Gorga came on the show under bad pretenses.  I do think that Melissa is trying and she did walk off that entertainment show with Teresa........

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think it either speaks of how stressed Teresa was initially after her release, or how good her makeup and skincare products are at temporarily firming her skin.   She's a sun worshipper so one might think a year out of the sun was good for her skin.  But she's also been a year away from expensive skincare products.  Maybe she's been using wine as a stress release and she's dehydrating her skin. 

Oh my god, the paler skin worked wonders, I thought. Really, the whole "less is more" thing would be good for her (in many ways).

• Love 5
On July 17, 2016 at 8:41 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Melissa's Envy partners look like mom and son grifters.

The young guy looked like someone hit him upside the head with a stupid stick (open mouth breathing and blank expression is not a good sign) and the lady looked like a washed up leather back hooker.

She looks like a rode hard put away wet Dorinda Medley. 

So Jaq was a Lawrence Welk girl not a stripper in her previous life. WTF is that Tanya Tucker 1975 prom dress she is wearing in the intros! WTFFFF 

Poor Gia she's been the Mom and in an adult role for a year then all of a sudden having to be treated like a tween, that's tough. I too, hope everyone is in therapy. 

Nice nail salon with a scratched up sign and dollar store polishes. And Tre doesn't know the birthday of a supposed high ranking friend, one of the first she sees since release ? Doesn't know her gf bday? Cmon. Oh but that photo of Jaq looking like a blowfish was great. 

Well Asslee has surpassed Jaq's mental age and arrested development. Jaq is such a child. When she starts talking with her hands that's when she's really on stage .  She's such a cow, 

kathy looks good. Bit heavier, Her hair looks good shorter. 

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

See this is what I kept hearing from Tre.  My question was how exactly did they accomplish it?  (If they did).  I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass girl lol, I watched all the seasons, I just really don't remember the active thing(s) Melissa did.   By the by I don't think being quiet counts because if my family does something fucked up, and somebody says so in my presence, that silence = yeah knowing my tribe you're probably right but I'm not here to cosign. 

That's the part that always gets skipped. I'm pretty sure rumor has it she said something on her audition tape about taking Teresa down, but as for her ACTIONS on the show? She hasn't done anything. 

As for Teresa not knowing Delores' birthday, Teresa has always struck me as the type to not KNOW that sort of thing about a friend. She's kind of dumb and self-centered.

Edited by Watermelon
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Gia crying with Joe’s mom. That got me. Did Joe’s dad pass when Teresa was in jail or before she went in? Is this their first holiday season without him?

He died I believe shortly before or after sentencing? Had a fatal heart attack in front of the chicken coop. God bless....

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I think you have to read the trash talking Melissa did before she got on the show to understand. She had a lot of vitriol toward Teresa for some reason and made flat out threats that she'd make her look bad. These were posts to blogs that Melissa made when the show started. I don't have any links because it's all ancient history, but I remember going back to them after Melissa got on and it was easy to ID her as the poster due to the "insider" info she had. And yes, I'm sure Teresa would have resented Melissa getting on and making money even if there hadn't been threats of "bringing her down". I wonder if Teresa's comments about how she'd never have been prosecuted if she hadn't been on TV go back to this and that's why she can't forgive Melissa.

I'm going to give a big old nope to Melissa's comments playing any part of the prosecution of Joe and Teresa. I don't even care if that's what Teresa thinks. It's dead wrong. Joe and Teresa were on people's radar long before Melissa started whispering to blogs. We all remember the building of onyx monstrosity and paying people in cash. That's shit she did on camera. She and Joe filed for bankruptcy right after season 1 aired and as they were filming season 2. Teresa doesn't want to admit her own culpability in getting herself into this mess. I remember the bankruptcy being covered by lots of news because we all saw Teresa and Joe spending like drunken idiots in season 1. It's easy to blame someone in your circle for narcing on you, when it's much more likely that someone with some amount of prosecutorial power happened to catch your idiotic antics on national TV.

For example, Kandi was harboring some irritation at Phaedra in part because the Secret Service showed up at Kandi's house looking for some of Apollo's property. Kandi thought that Phaedra had called the feds to let them know where Apollo's stuff was. Phaedra said that she didn't. The feds also searched Cynthia's house too. Cynthia asked them how the knew to search hers and Kandi's houses. The secret service agent said we saw some of the stuff we were looking for in the background of the show. Melissa talked a ton of shit about Teresa on blogs and to magazines, but Teresa is in this situation because of the shit decisions she and Joe made on and off camera. There were a ton of news stories about subpoenas for footage and only a handful of stories about the cast having to testify.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

That's the part that always gets skipped. I'm pretty sure rumor has it she said something on her audition tape about taking Teresa down, but as for her ACTIONS on the show? She hasn't done anything. 

That's the rumor...but like Danielle's infamous unproduced e-mails, there's no real supporting evidence. I always thought it was a convenient excuse for Teresa fans (no judgement - I enjoy and mostly agree with everyone's  snark!) to rationalize her trying to out her SIL as a stripper. And it's not as if I even like Melissa...don't get me started on the poop jokes...well maybe - they can be really funny. 

• Love 2

We all remember the building of onyx monstrosity and paying people in cash. That's shit she did on camera.

I'd be willing to bet that the paying in cash was a device of the show. Was it a good idea to agree to if you're previously involved in dirty dealings? No, probably not, but I wouldn't doubt that it was a Bravo suggestion to bolster the theme of the show. And, while I am no criminal or filing bankruptcy, I can pay for big things in cash too; I did with the down payment on my car, and that in and of itself is not proof of shadiness. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, beesknees said:

This deafening banging noise is me repeatedly slamming my head against a wall - fucking, stupid Joe Guidice doesn't know that CHRISTMAS is Jesus' birthday?!!  What the ever loving fuck ....  I mean, the guy's Catholic, no?

He also didn't know he wasn't a US citizen.  Never looked at his passport.  Who cares? Mind your own business. 

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'd be willing to bet that the paying in cash was a device of the show. Was it a good idea to agree to if you're previously involved in dirty dealings? No, probably not, but I wouldn't doubt that it was a Bravo suggestion to bolster the theme of the show. And, while I am no criminal or filing bankruptcy, I can pay for big things in cash too; I did with the down payment on my car, and that in and of itself is not proof of shadiness. 

Don't buy that the show was behind her paying cash.  It doesn't make sense for the production to get involved in such a thing  

Sorry but I would say it is not a good business practice. There is no paper trail with cash. When things go wrong, and they often do, you don't have the same recourse as you do charging something (paying it off without fees or interest).  

• Love 2

Tre and Joe have been dodging financial responsibility for years.  And we never got to see the house on the show that Tre and her family lived in while the stucco box was being built during the first season.  The reason was quite clear after seeing pictures of it.  Tre was paying in cash that first season because their credit was going downhill fast.  They weren't paying their credit cards.  The proof is in the bankruptcy filing.  They lied to get mortgages on their 'investment' properties.  Bottom line is that they were fake and they always were fake.  What saved them, and what continues to save them financially is the money that Tre has made as a result of being on the show.  Tre would sell her soul to the devil to maintain 'her' lifestyle.  

Joe is thief, a liar, a felon and low class player.   So is his wife.  I have no empathy for either one nor do I find them likable in any sense of the word.  They're still living their entitled lifestyle after ripping people off to support that lifestyle.  Just a reminder, when you don't pay the bank, the bank makes up what they have lost on the rest of their customers.

On another note, I'm pretty sure that the NYE party at Jac's was a fake production set up for the Tre phone call and to have a visit by Rosie and Kathy.  You don't spend three hours hanging out in the kitchen.  My feeling is that it was a short period of time (editing comes into play) and then they did their celebrating, probably at the Brownstone where filming, per Caroline, would not be permitted.  

Jac doesn't care about Tre and Tre doesn't care about Jac.  However, both of them need a paycheck so they agreed to these all of a  sudden  interactions after three years for the show.  They're doing what they 'have' to do.  And no doubt drama is to follow because that's what they're being paid for.

I do hope we do get to see Kathy's new home.  And I've always liked her mom.  The story of her childhood was so heart breaking and she always seemed like a good person. 

• Love 6