Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Lies In The Air, Sand In My Hair

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

On rewatch I thought about something... When did Heather and Shannon become buddies? Heather used to snap at Shannon... And I don't recall any of that thus far this season. Is it a case of being united in their disdain for Miss Vicki? Or did they come to terms with one another over something else and I've just forgotten? Any help is appreciated! 

After Shannon's first season, when Terry made an ass out of himself (later it was discovered Vicki had a hand in telling Terry some untruths about David) the Dubrows realized they had far more in common with the Beadors than the others.  Heather let Meghan do the heavy lifting hate of Shannon last season and one by one they all realized it was a waste of time.  Heather, Tamra and Shannon had a very good post season interview on Heather's show, and unlike anyone other group on the show Heather and Shannon kids go to school together. are close in age and Shannon has been down the building a mansion road and can share her experience while supporting Heather's choices.

• Love 4

I keep thinking -- hoping -- there was something we didn't see that would explain Vicki's behavior with Briana. As it stands, Vicki comes off as not only the worst mother on the planet, but pretty much the worst human being. Even putting aside the pointlessness of that long drive, with Briana as the sole driver, but how do you go out and leave your daughter in that condition, with two rambunctious boys to care for in addition to herself?

• Love 7

21 HOURS AGO, KIRA28 SAID:

I'm going to hell for saying this but poor Troy is so unfortunate looking.  He looks just like his father.

Care to split the cost of a hand basket?  Because I was thinking the same damn thing last night! 

ALTHOUGH - and I loathe to admit it - I don't think Ryan is to blame this time around.  Is he a ragey control-freak arsehole? Yes? But is he a straight-up uggo - no. 

I tend to think Troy looks more like Brianna's side of the family.  Uncle Billy anyone??

I'll share the cost of the handbasket. Yep, Troy looks like Uncle Billy.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, b2H said:

I find myself wondering:

Had someone actually shown up with a casserole during this time, a real casserole, wouldn't Vicky have flipped out the provided meal was just beneath her?  Has she ever really been grateful for anything anyone has done for her, outside of filling her Love tank (ewww...)?

I was thinking the same thing every time "casserole" was mentioned.

On a different note, was the beach party alcohol free?  I thought Kelly's husband mentioned it when they were heading out, something along the lines of "we have to finish up our drinks since we can't drink on the beach."  Being a public beach, I'm sure they couldn't but  just seemed out of the norm for them & we know these gals like their Champs & "Jesus Juice" (sorry,  I've seen too much of RHOD).  Maybe this is why Tamra seemed more subdued with Vicks.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't mind Heather talking about OTT appliances, even if she/they aren't going to use them themselves but have someone else do the cooking, because I enjoy seeing how the wealthy live. That is why I started to watch these HW shows to begin with, the OTT lifestyles, and Heather/Shannon are the only 2 that bring it to the OC.

But like I said, I don't mind that she's talking about stuff like that. I just don't appreciate her complaining about the project as if it wasn't a project that she wanted and as if the extended timeline of the project is not by her own doing. It's great if she wants to customize everything but then don't cop a 'woe is me' attitude that it's taking so long and her husband who is financing the project is always working to make the money that you're spending on your other dream house. Heather wants to flaunt her money but also complains in an effort for others to be sympathetic to her situation. I can't wait to see Heather's home when it's done. I want to see her taste, and how everything comes together. I just don't need to hear her complain every week about it is all.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

But like I said, I don't mind that she's talking about stuff like that. I just don't appreciate her complaining about the project as if it wasn't a project that she wanted and as if the extended timeline of the project is not by her own doing. It's great if she wants to customize everything but then don't cop a 'woe is me' attitude that it's taking so long and her husband who is financing the project is always working to make the money that you're spending on your other dream house. Heather wants to flaunt her money but also complains in an effort for others to be sympathetic to her situation. I can't wait to see Heather's home when it's done. I want to see her taste, and how everything comes together. I just don't need to hear her complain every week about it is all.

I take her "complaining" as tongue in cheek more than her being serious, although, it has to be a bit frustrating that it is taking this long. .  

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Opinions will vary, but for the most part, I would say it is that bad. I lived there until my mid-20's, went to college there, got married and had my kids in the area. Most all of my family still lives there. I went back two weeks ago for a family reunion and tensed up as soon as the plane landed, per usual. My husband had to coax me off the plane by showing me our return tickets home to Michigan. For the most part, people that are born, raised, and stay there probably love it because it is home. Most people I know who move away and experience something different, or move to OK from someplace else don't like it (obviously there are exceptions - lots of them). Especially if you moved there from a place that had access to beaches, beautiful water, mountains, etc. Or if you are use to a different political/social climate. In particular California tends to be very progressive and liberal, where Ok could not be more conservative. For me, the political and social climate just makes me cringe. 

I moved out of "the Valley" and it was a major league change from where I grew up to where I live now. Aside from the things I do miss? IT has been an adventure for me and it's my home now.

The warthog followed her husband - she could have stayed in Cali - and probably been the same miserable person she is now. The warthog moved to OK with a chip on her shoulder - and with an attitude like she had, no where except under her mom's apron was going to be 'home'.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I too grow weary of the complaining, and I love Heather.  In her defense, we saw the scene a couple of years ago when Terry convinced her it was time to build a bigger house and she was hesitant.  She said he was never around and the whole project would fall on her to complete.  He promised he would work less and she wouldn't have to tackle it alone.  

While it can become annoying to watch season after season, it also rings very true to me, which in the end is why I love Heather. True, she should have known what she was getting herself in to, but most people I know who should understand what they are getting themselves in to still bitch about it. My girlfriend who married a successful attorney who was always cancelling plans when they dated, still married him. Every time she complains about how he is never around we all roll our eyes, because of course she should have known. Or all my friends who want kids, have them, and then complain because it is all so hard. Of course it is hard and they knew it would be, but they still seemed stunned by the actual reality of it all, and act like it is some huge surprise when they cannot still go to Girls Night every week. I think it is all just very human and relatable. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

I moved out of "the Valley" and it was a major league change from where I grew up to where I live now. Aside from the things I do miss? IT has been an adventure for me and it's my home now.

The warthog followed her husband - she could have stayed in Cali - and probably been the same miserable person she is now. The warthog moved to OK with a chip on her shoulder - and with an attitude like she had, no where except under her mom's apron was going to be 'home'.

Military spouse for 31 years here (still married, my husband retired from the military). Brianna is absolutely the wrong personality type to ever be happy as a military spouse. She's too attached to a place (the OC), too set in her ways, too into herself to easily make friends. She would not have liked any place they were stationed that wasn't the OC.  It's a shame really because due to her career choice she would have had it much easier that most military spouses trying to find a new job/keep a career going while moving every two years. It will be interesting to see what her excuse for unhappiness is now that they are out of the military. Somewhere along the line, the young woman with dreams and ambitions has turned into a bitter, angry, unhappy person. I'd like to say it started with Ryan, but I'm thinking something happened before that to make her even consider going down that road. She was out of the house and living independently, so it can't be all Vicki's fault.....unless she inherited Vicki's insatiable need to never be alone and bad taste in men. 

• Love 14

Thanks @zoeysmom and @motorcitymom65! For RHOC, I don't tend to read/listen to too much outside the show (and this board), so I'm guessing I just missed all that.

I'm glad they get along now; I always thought Heather's stuff against Shannon was overblown. How she could stomach the Tamra of previous seasons while picking on relatively innocuous people like Shannon has always bothered me. 

• Love 3
On July 12, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Giselle said:

I've never found the general pain scale to be adequate in expressing how I feel. The only one it doesn't have is "Get the hell away from me, if you can't help me leave me alone!" which represents in extreme pain but pissy enough to tell people to back off and let me die.

gbVMnIP.jpg

I so wish we were allowed to use *this* chart at work!

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Heather (or Pleather - love that!) is 2.5 years into a storyline that features building a house. That is 17.5 years in dog years and it feels like it. I acutally nodded off during the appliance shopping segment so was amused to read here that the highlight seemed to be deciding what shape of ice cubes she wants. I am surprised that she hasn't ordered a custom made fridge that produces bow shaped cubes.

Why this woman still has a place on this show, I will never understand. I guess we're supposed to be waiting with baited breath to see her super duper unveiling of her McMansion. No doubt it will be the season finale party including a speech from her about how grateful she is that her house is finished, how hard it was to get it done, all the decisions that had to be made, how Terry was too busy to help her, she did it all on her own,she has the most fashionable ice cubes in the neighborhood and she doesn't eat pizza. Blah, blah, blah. Shut up, Heather.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I take her "complaining" as tongue in cheek more than her being serious, although, it has to be a bit frustrating that it is taking this long. .  

It seems that we're interpreting the meaning behind her comments differently. I don't take it as her being tongue in cheek but if that is truly the case, I would agree that it's not so bad but I take it as her being serious because I do find Heather genuine to her lifestyle and personality. No matter what grievances the women have said about her in the past, I don't think Heather has ever been anything but consistent from the beginning and for that I do appreciate about her but it's the very reason why I don't think she's joking around when she constantly talks about it. I think she constantly talks about it because it is a real source of frustration for her, however, I think it's less to do with the time and energy she's investing in it. I think she's more frustrated that with all of the details she's involved in to make this a home for her family, her husband is working too much to acknowledge it, let alone see any of it.

1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I too grow weary of the complaining, and I love Heather.  In her defense, we saw the scene a couple of years ago when Terry convinced her it was time to build a bigger house and she was hesitant.  She said he was never around and the whole project would fall on her to complete.  He promised he would work less and she wouldn't have to tackle it alone.  

While it can become annoying to watch season after season, it also rings very true to me, which in the end is why I love Heather. True, she should have known what she was getting herself in to, but most people I know who should understand what they are getting themselves in to still bitch about it. My girlfriend who married a successful attorney who was always cancelling plans when they dated, still married him. Every time she complains about how he is never around we all roll our eyes, because of course she should have known. Or all my friends who want kids, have them, and then complain because it is all so hard. Of course it is hard and they knew it would be, but they still seemed stunned by the actual reality of it all, and act like it is some huge surprise when they cannot still go to Girls Night every week. I think it is all just very human and relatable. 

Those are examples of lifestyle changes which understandably will have elements that are unexpected. Building a home is a huge event that would definitely be subject to the same unpredictability and would likely affect anyone in Heather's situation, regardless if they were building a palace or a decently sized home. Where the example diverts is when Heather's personality comes into play. Shes' a perfectionist and she has the money to actually afford the best of the best. So for her, the process is no longer about finding something that you love, it's about finding something that you love, that doesn't exist. When Heather gives her house tour, she would love to tell people how she designed kitchen cabinets, imported the tiles from the Europe, selected a specially shaped ice, etc. I don't think that Heather intentionally brags to make other people jealous. I think Heather looks for others to appreciate her attention to detail, involvement and energy invested in whatever the project because she doesn't really get that from her husband. He's a non-attentive, self-absorbed rich dude that feels guilty about not feeling guilty that he doesn't miss his kids despite hardly ever seeing them. That's the theory anyways but for now it just comes across as Heather complaining about things that are only so difficult because she's made it so difficult for herself. It's relatable to an extent but I wouldn't say on the scale of marriage or kids.

• Love 5
On 7/12/2016 at 8:18 AM, StevieRocks said:

It was very strange (and awfully sad) when the two wildebeests drove by a herd of cows and instead of telling the children to look at the cows and how they say, "moo," and how special animals are, and how milk comes from cows, Wildebeest, Sr. just squealed that she's never seen so many cows, and Wildebeest, Jr. just squawked, "PEWWW! PEWWW!" No discussion of animals. Or geography. Or landscapes. Just Wildebeest, Sr. braying that there's no place to go shopping. These are THE most soulless hicks I've ever seen in my life--even when they're around children. Honest to God. Smh.

While I hate to defend anything to do with Vicki, I feel like I must here.

A LONG, long time ago, my step-father and I drove through Oklahoma on our way to Nebraska.  At one point, we started noticing a rather foul smell in the car.  We also noticed all the cows on either side of the highway and what looked like a small dark hill up ahead in the distance.  As we drove on, the smell got stronger, there were even more cows, and the hill got bigger and bigger...until we realized what exactly we were driving towards...Mount Caca as my step-father would say.  By the time we drove past it, we were both on the verge of throwing up and the smell stayed in the car LONG after we'd passed it.  So watching that, I had to laugh because I completely understood what they were dealing with.  And it ain't pretty.  The last thing you want to do at that moment is admire the cows that made that stench.

But that's the only thing I'll give either one of them a pass on.  Can't stand either one of them.  I used to feel sorry for Briana, and I still do to some extent, but FFS, grow a set of balls and tell your monster mother that you need her to stay with you and not go repair the damage her lies caused to work.  Or better yet, don't freaking drive for 20+ hours only days after having surgery!!!  It pains me to say this but I like Gramballs better at this point.  She at least appears to really be trying to be a better person.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Why this woman still has a place on this show, I will never understand. I guess we're supposed to be waiting with baited breath to see her super duper unveiling of her McMansion. No doubt it will be the season finale party including a speech from her about how grateful she is that her house is finished, how hard it was to get it done, all the decisions that had to be made, how Terry was too busy to help her, she did it all on her own,she has the most fashionable ice cubes in the neighborhood and she doesn't eat pizza. Blah, blah, blah. Shut up, Heather.  

We'll probably get the stills after the house is built. The neighbors but the kibosh on Bravo coming in and doing any recording for the show. THAT'S what happens when you build a house in an exclusive community.....

• Love 2

I don't see how a house that is 13,000 square feet can be considered "green".  At least she's downsizing to what, 9000 square feet? Shannon continues to be my fave. I laughed when she showed up to the beach party with that sweatband around her head. She just doesn't give a fuck sometimes and I love it. 

• Love 13
On 7/12/2016 at 10:23 AM, Misslindsey said:

Well, Brianna was not in 100% pain. Maybe she had a 3-5-9 day hospital stay as well. Vicki will say she feels bad for Brianna, but will not do anything to really help Brianna. Brianna's health issues will always be how it affects Vicki and how hard it is for Vicki. Not the person who actually is experiencing these problems.

I am fine with how Shannon and Heather are dealing with Vicki. Shannon does not want to be friends with her and Heather is being cordial. Tamara is the one I think will get sucked back into the Vicki vortex. Though, I did like Tamara's calm manor in dealing with Vicki at the beach party.

I will be at my table for one in liking Heather and all her pretentiousness. If I had the space I would so get a pizza oven. 

I will be at my very lonely table for one with not minding Meghan. I did not mind her last year with all the Brooks stuff and do not mind her this season. Though it is possible at some point I will.

I feel like Kelly is always "on" when she is onscreen. I get that she should make her own opinions about Vicki, but I also get the other women being annoyed with it since the dealt with all the not cancer stuff last season.

I thought I would mind more of the Brooks stuff, but do not since it is more about why the other women do not really want to be around Vicki, and less about Brooks himself.

Get outta my brain and join me at my "I <3 Heather Dubrow" table!

• Love 5

I don't feel the least bit sorry for Heather, that she is in charge of building the mega mansion. And I don't think it is a surprise to her, either. I remember the conversation where Terry said they would build a bigger house and he would cut down on his work hours. Even at the time it made no sense. A smaller house and less work hours would. A bigger house equates to more hours to bring in the bucks to pay for it. Add in the fact that Terry has said on camera that he is happier being at work than being home with the family, and it should be a surprise to no one, especially Heather that Terry is working more than ever. Add in that Heather's career is going no where despite a couple of acting jobs in the last few years and we have Heather's one and only storyline/acting gig as put upon, frazzled housewife. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, ivygirl said:

On rewatch I thought about something... When did Heather and Shannon become buddies? Heather used to snap at Shannon... And I don't recall any of that thus far this season. Is it a case of being united in their disdain for Miss Vicki? Or did they come to terms with one another over something else and I've just forgotten? Any help is appreciated! 

You know, I was thinking exactly the same thing.  When the heck did those 2 get so tighty tight?  Does stuff happen between seasons we aren't up on?   Weren't they at each other's throats & snipping furiously at one another -- not so long ago?  Ah, Housewives shows -- one second they're enemies & the next besties.  Just like life, eh?  Uh, no.

Anyhoo, I like them as chums.  They have a ton in common & they have sorta similar personalities.  Heather is almost passably tolerable -- even somewhat likeable, when she's hanging with Shannon.  Still, if Shannon were to go (for whatever reason), that'd be the end of this show for me.

Not sure why, but I'm endlessly fascinated by Shannon now.  I wanna see & hear anything & everything about her marriage, her kids, her present house, her future house, her life in general & her POV's.  The show should totally revolve around her.  And I'm totally loving her eye rolls whenever Vicks is near.  She got Heather doing the same eye rolls.  Tams too.  And me too.  Anyone else?

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I don't feel the least bit sorry for Heather, that she is in charge of building the mega mansion. And I don't think it is a surprise to her, either. I remember the conversation where Terry said they would build a bigger house and he would cut down on his work hours. Even at the time it made no sense. A smaller house and less work hours would. A bigger house equates to more hours to bring in the bucks to pay for it. Add in the fact that Terry has said on camera that he is happier being at work than being home with the family, and it should be a surprise to no one, especially Heather that Terry is working more than ever. Add in that Heather's career is going no where despite a couple of acting jobs in the last few years and we have Heather's one and only storyline/acting gig as put upon, frazzled housewife. 

Terry is throwing money at the problem and the problem is their marriage.

The problem is pretty easy to see. She is a shrew and he can't get out of his own way. 

He starts to stay at work - to avoid her - and she stays at home spending money on the new house.

And because he's at work all the time, I am going to build this house, kicking and screaming about it all the way? When the last brick is laid we are all going to hear about what a chore it is to be a designer, consultant and homeowner - and with each retelling of how the house got built, every mention of his 'not being there' is going to erode his foundation.

Within one year of finishing Stalag DooBrow, Terry is going to want to split. There is NOT going to be anything for pleather to do when it is finished - no design meetings, no site visits, nothing to choose and then what?

I have said it all along, Dr Terry is going to fall for some bimbette he meets at the office. This guy probably see more boobage and crotchage than he can shake his stick at....and someone is going to catch his eye. The constant barrage of comments, barbs and slights from pleather is adding up and it's not going to be pretty. That's evident when she goes on a rant and he stands next to her and rolls his eyes into the back of his head and corrects her/assures the audience that whatever she just said was bullshit.

• Love 5

I think the Hibrows have likely the strongest marriage on the show (not that that is saying a lot). Neither one has changed in the entire time they have been on the series. Terry has always worked too much and been self absorbed. Heather has always had complaining about Terry as her storyline, and been self absorbed. As I recall Heather has complained about either every other house they have been in (were they not building the one with their initials in the foyer before this one?), or how Terry didn't support her when she attempted to return to acting via a couple of gigs. Of any couple ever on the show their relationship is the most crafted for the cameras, and I believe nothing but an acting job for either of them. IRL I think they are quite happy with who the other partner is and what he/she brings to the table.

• Love 8

I concur. I also think that sometimes people just want to vent about whatever their situation is. Not that it is going to change things or they really want to change things, but get it off their chest, move on, and possibly go back back to it again some other time. I know I do.

• Love 4

I know Heather can be pretentious but I feel like we need her bracing yet refreshing tonic to offset the vulgarity of Vicki and Tamra.  Not to sound snobby, but sometimes Vicki and Tamra are just way too tacky for me -- and they are too old to be showing off their boobs, doing shots and screeching "woo hoo" like it is the funniest, most original thing they've ever heard.  I usually defend Vicki because she's a highly entertaining narcissist who make me laugh but when she and Tamra get together, it's like the Toxic Twins Rock the Trailer Park Until the Break of Dawn.  

I think Heather is really beautiful and elegant -- LOVE her wardrobe, hair, makeup, accessories.  Now your mileage may vary -- Mr Gaily cannot stand her as he finds her materialistic, superiority complex too loathsome for words -- but I like the way she counters the endless bleached blond extensions/french nails/Juicy Couture tracksuits/tequila shots of the others. And, yes, I think she and Shannon are more natural friends because they have more in common -- both rich, well educated, married to successful men, kids, former career women turned SAHMs.  (Shannon used to be an attorney before she married David).

I also think she and Terry have a really good marriage.  Yes, she is a nag but I think he digs that.  He likes to be controlled and told what to do at home.  He and his brother Kevin grew up lower middle class with a single mom in a small apartment in LA.  So now he has the good life with the ultimate trophy wife. You know she runs that household with an iron fist and he probably would not have it any other way.

• Love 14
20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

No, no driver, just a mounted camera. I think Brianna thought she was doing better than she really was and got worse as the trip progressed. If you look at her coloring during the trip, she got paler and paler as time went on. By the time they got to Vicki's house, her temp was up to 103*, she was getting weaker and she still had to carry in their luggage because Vicki's "back hurt"! Typical Vicki move!

Oh my gosh, when Vicki got out of the car she just had to go on and on about how kinked her back was - which, I'm sure it was. But it always has to be about her. It always has to be a competition. "Oh your infection is swollen and painful and you have a fever? Well, *I* have a kinked back, Brianna! Why won't anyone bake me a casserole???"

19 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

We'll have to agree to disagree then. My 2 year old just flipped his shit because he's blankie didn't cover him the "right way" and he's well adjusted and normal. Toddlers overreact to stupid things, that's what they do. I didn't see anything unusual about Troy's behavior, based on my experiences and what I've seen with many other toddlers as well. There are stories, memes, and parenting boards full of things like this.

No kidding. And my youngest is on the spectrum. So she loses her shit constantly and about things people are baffled a 4-year-old would get upset about. Thankfully I've developed a thick hide and have learned to ignore the open mouths and rolling eyes at how "bratty" my kids must be. Troy and Owie seem to have a typical behavior for their ages and their relationships. 

17 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Gonna be alone on this one, I know.

I have previously stated my dislike of Meghan, but I truly felt very sorry for her as she attempted to give herself her injection. All alone in her bathroom, struggling with a fear, finally being successful and no one, NO ONE, there to help or celebrate with her. Her smile after she gave the shot was one the most real, honest moments I have seen on a Housevives show. Now, I don't want to see any more of these injection struggles, but this one this once, softened me a bit towards her. 

And this is actually why I don't like the girl. It's been clear from day one that Jimmy is only marginally interested in her. I think he gave into the baby idea to shut her up, but he seemed more taken by his candles than the idea of having another kid. Yet she goes rushing into it anyhow. I don't think it was a very wise decision and I can't help but think it was mainly for a storyline and more attachment to his money when thing inevitably fall apart. Kids deserve better than that. 

• Love 9
On 7/11/2016 at 7:10 PM, Straycat80 said:

Why was Brianna driving with an infected, swollen leg? Why didn't Vicki drive? I felt sorry for Brianna but Vicki should be able to go to work. Maybe they should have hired a mothers helper, it had to be hard being in pain and having to watch two active toddlers. If Vicki can afford to buy B. a house, she could have afforded a helper. 

I was hoping all this Brookes cancer crap was over last season. Guess not, they are STILL  talking and talking about it! Ugh! 

If anyone needs a casserole its Brianna in this situation.  

• Love 7
On 7/12/2016 at 7:18 AM, StevieRocks said:

It was very strange (and awfully sad) when the two wildebeests drove by a herd of cows and instead of telling the children to look at the cows and how they say, "moo," and how special animals are, and how milk comes from cows, Wildebeest, Sr. just squealed that she's never seen so many cows, and Wildebeest, Jr. just squawked, "PEWWW! PEWWW!" No discussion of animals. Or geography. Or landscapes. Just Wildebeest, Sr. braying that there's no place to go shopping. These are THE most soulless hicks I've ever seen in my life--even when they're around children. Honest to God. Smh.

Exactly!  My family is from that area and ranching is a way of life.  Those were feedlots, ickie and Bri.  Of course they smell but they are a way of life for many in the Texas panhandle.  I have lived all over the state of Texas and you will not meet more friendly people than those from the plains or the panhandle of Texas. Also, just before they passed those feedlots in Wildorado, they just missed Cadillac Ranch. Everyone has stop on I40(Route 66) just west of Amarillo and see the 10 buried Cadillacs! Those boys could have climbed all over them and even colored on them. 

• Love 6

Does anyone know if Ryan and Brianna qualified for on base housing?  Wouldn't that allow her to not have to work full time and be able to save for when he got fully discharged and then took their savings to buy a house somewhere they wanted to live permanently? I mean 1200.00 for a mortgage on a large house is good, but now they have the hassle of unloading it.   

That one kid doing the drumming had pretty good rythym.   I don't think either kid is unattractive.  Troy was a homely baby who grew into an average looking little boy.  They seemed pretty normal for their ages to me.   I doubt Brianna is active enough to burn their energy off.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

But I'm not quite done with the show yet.  The prob is with this cast.  The poor ratings aren't only because of Vicks -- altho I bet she & her bullshit are a big factor.  OK, so I'm hardly the only one completely & thoroughly disgusted by her.  The real prob here is there is a lotta dead weight in this cast besides Vicks.  I don't hate or even dislike Meghan.  But I find absolutely nothing interesting about her.  And I'd be fine & dandy if I never laid eyes on asshole Jimmy & his blubber lips ever again. 

It's amusing to me that Meghan hates Vicki so much because I honestly think without Meghan's feverish quest for "justice" last season, she never would have been asked back. Meghan only started clicking with the group as a whole once they all started aligning against Vicki. And people were casting a wary eye at her intrusiveness until it started coming out that Brooks may in fact be lying. No one really liked her that much until things went South with Vicki. I really believe that had Brooks not faked cancer last season, there is very little chance Meghan would be back this season. She's not interesting on her own and she doesn't click organically with the rest of the cast at all.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

It's amusing to me that Meghan hates Vicki so much because I honestly think without Meghan's feverish quest for "justice" last season, she never would have been asked back. Meghan only started clicking with the group as a whole once they all started aligning against Vicki. And people were casting a wary eye at her intrusiveness until it started coming out that Brooks may in fact be lying. No one really liked her that much until things went South with Vicki. I really believe that had Brooks not faked cancer last season, there is very little chance Meghan would be back this season. She's not interesting on her own and she doesn't click organically with the rest of the cast at all.

The only reason Meghan is on is because her husband has celebrity and her brother is a hot male model Andy Cohen joneses over.  She really doesn't have much going for her and once this baby arrives (October or so before next season stops filming) I can't imagine she wants to hang in the OC.  Jim has two children in St. Louis and a new one on the way and it really doesn't take a four million dollar house to house the nineteen year old.

Meghan has shown repeatedly she has no interest in the 50 year old set.  Two of the women have children her age.  The newest one will make her way through by sheer brawn-doesn't need Meghan. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Does anyone know if Ryan and Brianna qualified for on base housing?  Wouldn't that allow her to not have to work full time and be able to save for when he got fully discharged and then took their savings to buy a house somewhere they wanted to live permanently? I mean 1200.00 for a mortgage on a large house is good, but now they have the hassle of unloading it.   

That one kid doing the drumming had pretty good rythym.   I don't think either kid is unattractive.  Troy was a homely baby who grew into an average looking little boy.  They seemed pretty normal for their ages to me.   I doubt Brianna is active enough to burn their energy off.

I do not know if the base he was assigned to had housing or not. Either way he would receive a housing allowance as part of his pay. The allowance is based on rate/rank and the general cost of housing within the area. If they received base housing, the allowance is removed from his paycheck. If they live "on the economy" he gets the allowance to help pay for housing. In general, there are exceptions, the housing allowance will pay for your housing if you are frugal, so no real out of pocket expense. If you are very frugal you can actually not use all the allowance and put the remaining into savings. The bonus with base housing is that basic utilities are included. 

We always opted for base housing on the very few times it was available to us because it was easier; anything breaks it eventually gets fixed without you having to pay, you can just pack up and move when the time comes without worrying bout resale, you have a built in community of people, etc. 

Edited by Juneau Gal
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

The only reason Meghan is on is because her husband has celebrity and her brother is a hot male model Andy Cohen joneses over.  She really doesn't have much going for her and once this baby arrives (October or so before next season stops filming) I can't imagine she wants to hang in the OC.  Jim has two children in St. Louis and a new one on the way and it really doesn't take a four million dollar house to house the nineteen year old.

Meghan has shown repeatedly she has no interest in the 50 year old set.  Two of the women have children her age.  The newest one will make her way through by sheer brawn-doesn't need Meghan. 

I saw that they HAD listed the OC home - this was on the 'webz last week.

I think this is her last season, too. There is nothing for her to do......unless Brianna wants her to diagnose her 'invisible illness'?

• Love 1

All Brianna really has ever wanted was to fly the coop and branch out away from her mom and here she is right back with her.

She had plenty of chances, especially as a nurse.  She could have joined the military (Vicki nixed that), she could have been a traveling nurse and picked the locale (Vicki picked the locale--the OC) or she could have moved to another state and gotten a job in a minute.  She obviously didn't want to. 

The children on the show did NOT make the choice to be on T.V., so I agree with Beden that their looks (or anything else about them) should not be made fun of.

Just like children growing up in the White House.

I have lived all over the state of Texas and you will not meet more friendly people than those from the plains or the panhandle of Texas.

Until they find out you're a Yankee who believes the Bible is a fairy tale and thinks guns should be banned!  

• Love 5

Is it bad that it is going through my mind that Briann's illness is also going to be grossly exaggerated to give Vicki sympathy?  I mean, if you are in such bad shape, why are you driving 20 hours straight?  Is your TV time more important?  

And honestly talk about an ingrate.  Mom bought her a house, but she's supposed to be her nurse and stay home from work.  With Brianna's six figure salary, maybe she should hire a sitter and she could rest it off while the boys are being taken care of?   

• Love 5
On 7/11/2016 at 8:24 PM, Nancy Drew said:

Back in the first episode Brianna told Vicki on the phone that she wanted to drive her car back, because she knew once they got back to the OC Vicki would want to get back to work and Brianna didn't want to get stuck without a car. Brianna even indicated that Vicki didn't have a car she could haul the boys around in.

I cannot imagine why Briana and Vicki would drive that car from OK to CA, considering a vehicle transport would cost about $900 or so and take maybe 3 to 5 days.

• Love 1
On 7/11/2016 at 9:09 PM, Almost 3000 said:

The OC wives may talk about Megan being thin and really Lydia was just as skeletal and TPTB never chose to make it a story for either of them. 

Well, let's not forget that Slade was on camera making a snide comment about "eat a burger Lydia" or some such, which wasn't well received for some reason.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/12/2016 at 10:34 AM, watcherwoman said:

I wonder what the real story is about Kelly's marriage.  The only thing I've learned from the show is, Kelly moved her mom and brother into their home,  their house is incredibly nice, and Kelly points out her husband's faults at an alarming rate. I don't know too many husbands that would be okay with the mother and brother living in the same house.  I'm sure he isn't perfect, but so far he's looking like an okay guy to me.  She doesn't seemed abused, but what do I know? 

She also said "when I bought this house", blah blah blah.  It's like this is her world and he's just living in it.  

But HE's the narcissist?  Yeah, I'm buying it...

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

We'll probably get the stills after the house is built. The neighbors but the kibosh on Bravo coming in and doing any recording for the show. THAT'S what happens when you build a house in an exclusive community.....

I thought that they only banned "production trucks" and filming on the shared public streets. I don't believe HOA could have any say in the matter as to what goes on her property or inside of her house. They wouldn't ban all large trucks because people who live in those giant show places like having parties and fundraisers.The Dubrow's have a big enough underground garage that production could camp there if need be. They would probably film outdoors when the least amount of artificial lighting is needed and do tight exterior shots.

All Bravo has to do is rent a fake party rental trucks from Universal or WB load the equipment in there. Unload it into the garage for the season, shoot what they need when they need and no one is the wiser.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Beden said:

With respect, bashing young kids--toddlers--based on their looks...um...yeah. As a parent I'd have a hard time explaining that to them when they're old enough to read, which they will be.

Just saying.

If the kid looks like a one eyed cabbage. I'm gonna say he looks like a one eyed cabbage. If he acts like an asshole brat, guess what I am going to call him? If his feelings are hurt 5 - 10 years from now reading my old post he can blame his mother. He shouldn't have been on a TV show to begin with. That's the one thing Simon Barney did right, stopping his young children from being filmed.

• Love 20

So we have Tamra's fitness coach/ Christian life adviser to show not only what great physical shape Tamra's in, but also what a good Christian woman she has become...NOT.

Then we get Brianna ( the martyr), dragging her babies and her sick ass away from Ryan and their home across the country to be in Orange County- Wow, Vicki is such a caring mother/Grandmother, and ever so generous too- NOT!! 

It may sound callous but I have no sympathy for Brianna. She made very poor choices, and she probably did so out of greed. Vicki and Brianna's relationship is of a codependent, toxic nature. Brianna's husband should have said "No" to the move, and to the house that Vicki bought, as well as a friend spot in RHOC. 

• Love 6

I just watched this again and I noticed Vicki made a comment about Kelly that if Kelly had been around last year SHE would have been the type of person who would bring a casserole.  Now I totally can understand why Shannon is so mad and pissy toward Vicki.  Shannon WAS that type of person, she offered a lot of help to Vicki, she was completely there for her as a friend.  If I were in Shannon's place I would be totally infuriated that Vicki would turn things around now and say "no one" was there for her.  I think that is why that conversation at the Baptisim with Billy & Rhonda was so hurtful, Shannon was saying hey I WAS a friend to her, and they were dismissing this.  That was really not cool.

Also can we talk for a minute about the outfits that the ladies wore to the beach party.  Since all of the fashion choices really ran the gamut... LOL. I loved Kelly's outfit, being the host obviously she knew to dress appropriately for her own party.  And Tamra looked good also.  Heather and Shannon, well I guess they knew there would be beach games so they decided to go sporty/casual, OK I will give them a pass on this.  But Vicki!  Holy Cow!  The hilarious way the cameras lead up to her stepping out of the car and then coming out in, what was that?  Furry boots and a fur vest with shorts?  Fashion train wreck.  Why does Vicki always dress so poorly?  I am sure the clothes she is wearing cost a bundle but it all comes off so ugly and unflattering.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, FamilyVan said:

I just watched this again and I noticed Vicki made a comment about Kelly that if Kelly had been around last year SHE would have been the type of person who would bring a casserole.  Now I totally can understand why Shannon is so mad and pissy toward Vicki.  Shannon WAS that type of person, she offered a lot of help to Vicki, she was completely there for her as a friend.  If I were in Shannon's place I would be totally infuriated that Vicki would turn things around now and say "no one" was there for her.  I think that is why that conversation at the Baptisim with Billy & Rhonda was so hurtful, Shannon was saying hey I WAS a friend to her, and they were dismissing this.  That was really not cool.

Also can we talk for a minute about the outfits that the ladies wore to the beach party.  Since all of the fashion choices really ran the gamut... LOL. I loved Kelly's outfit, being the host obviously she knew to dress appropriately for her own party.  And Tamra looked good also.  Heather and Shannon, well I guess they knew there would be beach games so they decided to go sporty/casual, OK I will give them a pass on this.  But Vicki!  Holy Cow!  The hilarious way the cameras lead up to her stepping out of the car and then coming out in, what was that?  Furry boots and a fur vest with shorts?  Fashion train wreck.  Why does Vicki always dress so poorly?  I am sure the clothes she is wearing cost a bundle but it all comes off so ugly and unflattering.  

Yes. To all of this.

That is beyond shitty of Vicki to discount everything that Shannon had done for her. She did way more than "bring her a casserole"- she hooked her up with top specialists for her "cancer-stricken" boyfriend. I would imagine that is far more useful than a casserole, which you can pick up in the frozen food section of a supermarket. I know, casserole is a symbol of support and love for this soul sucking ball of need. What Shannon did for her was just that.

I noticed that hideous outfit too. Ugly on the inside and out.

• Love 8
On 7/12/2016 at 10:47 AM, Duke2801 said:

Oy Vicki.  And oy to Brianna too.  Like, who in their right might thought it was a good idea to take a 20 hour car ride right after major surgery?  So. ridiculous. 

New girl Kelly?  Stop trying to make your mom and your brother happen.  I must admit, she looked less odd (to me) in the talking head with her hair straight and wearing a normal color of lipstick. Almost bordering on attractive. Her duck lips already look too large for her face, and that obnoxiously bright pink lipstick she tends to like to wear just makes her look more freakish.  

Heartily echoing those of  you who are bored/annoyed with Megan's "documentary" of her IVF "needle journey".  Like, Jimmy really gives too squats about it.  You'll be lucky if he shows up for the delivery.

I agree that Megan is very, very thin, and as close to being as thin as Jules. I think the difference is that Megan doesn't seem (at least from what they've shown) any disordered eating behavior, whereas Jules most certainly does.  Lydia was definitely as thin as Jules (if not more so!) but I am assuming it's because she's petite in stature that maybe it's not as noticeable as Jules' weight.  IDK for sure though!

Agreed on all.

I'm so jaded that I doubt she has fertility issues that necessitate IVF.  I think she probably wants designer baby (meaning a girl) and also a story line.  On her thinness, I think she's just unfortunately built -- no hips, straight up and down, and very tall.  She seems athletic to me, so I don't think she has an eating disorder.  Jules actually looks skeletal and malnourished.

• Love 1
On 7/12/2016 at 9:39 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I was disgusted by Kelly when David and Shannon showed up at the beach party and she purposely turned her head when David was greeting her so that his mouth would land near or on her mouth. And then went on to say that is the most action she has received in ages. She is a bitch to her husband, and on top of that acting way too friendly to the husband of a fellow HW that she has just met. And a fellow HW who has managed to put her marriage back together. And I don't for a minute believe she doesn't know that. I detest Kelly and this is only the second epi I have seen.

Thank you!  I was beginning to think I was the only one who noticed that.  I already disliked Kelly but this just confirmed it for me.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Agreed on all.

I'm so jaded that I doubt she has fertility issues that necessitate IVF.  I think she probably wants designer baby (meaning a girl) and also a story line.  On her thinness, I think she's just unfortunately built -- no hips, straight up and down, and very tall.  She seems athletic to me, so I don't think she has an eating disorder.  Jules actually looks skeletal and malnourished.

I believe they are using IVF because her husband froze his sperm before he got a vasectomy (I didn't even realize that was a thing, I thought a vasectomy means you are done having children). With such a limited quantity of sperm available, I'm sure they want the highest possible chances for a pregnancy to "take" rather than putting them in her uterus at a time when they believe she is ovulating and hoping for the best.

Vickly refuses to acknowledge the women are upset with Vicky's actions, not with Brook's lies.

• Love 7
On 7/12/2016 at 0:17 PM, Tara Ariano said:

In case you missed it, here's the Previously.TV post on the episode!

2016-07-12-rhoc.jpg

Woo Hoo!  Everyone's invited to my outdoor party on the coldest day of the year!  Nothing says beach party like a handful of people sitting in chairs on a deserted beach, wrapped in white blankets like a bunch of nursing home patients.

• Love 10

Heather is still on for a couple of reasons.  She's trying to remain in the TV eye in the hopes of getting some kind of acting job and in order to continue to promote the family skin care line.  Or, she's basically a bored housewife with nothing better to do.  Lets face it, she really doesn't have any kind of controversial story line, so she's probably just there so everyone can see the finished product.  I'm telling you, I don't see them ever moving into the house and I'm betting it's going to be more of a spec house than their real family house.  I go to a real estate website that shows the homes of the super rich, and the Dubrow's house has been on the site as being available for sale----for the right price, in the eight figure range.

Every time I see Vicky in that blue dress that's really low cut, showing off her aging bewbs, I just yell at the TV to cover those puppies up.  One swing to the left or right, and one of those things will fly right out.  

If Meghan has a girl, I pity that child.  Meghan will use her as her personal baby doll and dress her up and use her as a human accessory.  

• Love 3
On 7/12/2016 at 11:08 AM, Lisin said:

You guys? I know it's an unpopular opinion, but that Ice Pyramid is FIRE and I wish more than anything (almost) that I were rich enough to have four different kinds of ice to choose from. Especially the tiny square ice and the "chew-able" ice. It's kind of all I want in life? Like, I didn't know you could get appliances where you can pick the kind of ice it makes but I did know you could buy "pebble ice" machines (like Sonic ice?) and I've priced them and seriously considered buying one... because I love Sonic ice! Chick-Fil-A ice is pretty good too but it's Chick-Fil-A so... anyway, YAASS to all the ice choices! I could care less about basically the rest of the house stuff but Ice Pyramid is my new spirit animal. 

So funny that you say this because my husband sings your praises over Sonic ice!  Where do you get that kind of ice maker?  My husband chews ice all evening long every night! LOL  Help a girl out and spill the beans on that kind of ice maker. Sure would appreciate it. ;)