Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Lies In The Air, Sand In My Hair

• Start Topic

Vicki's daughter moves back, but her homecoming falls short of Vicki's expectations. Meanwhile, Meghan begins IVF shots and confronts her fear of needles in the process; and Kelly hosts a beach party, where Vicki and Tamra try to resolve their issues.

(edited)

If this convo about Vicki lying or not continues for the next 2 episodes I'm out this season. I'm so bored and over it.

I also don't give a shit about how sick Brianna is. I wish her the best, and I'm sorry she's not well, but I don't want to watch a whole season of it. Ironically, Vicki is actually going through a lot on the sidelines with this and it's legit, but I wonder if she'll get any sympathy from the HW bc of last year.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 15

Why was Brianna driving with an infected, swollen leg? Why didn't Vicki drive? I felt sorry for Brianna but Vicki should be able to go to work. Maybe they should have hired a mothers helper, it had to be hard being in pain and having to watch two active toddlers. If Vicki can afford to buy B. a house, she could have afforded a helper. 

I was hoping all this Brookes cancer crap was over last season. Guess not, they are STILL  talking and talking about it! Ugh! 

• Love 13

People are surprised at Vicki having Brianna drive when she's sick? Can we all rememeber when Vickie drove brianna tonthe hospital back in the 6th or 7th season to have a procedure and vicki made it all about her?  Or when brianna tried to rest after having major surgery and vicki kept harping and bugging her?  This is classic vicki lol

Tamra struggling to be patient and good...totally realistic.  There was a christian soap on in the early 80s..adnd there was a character just like tamra (only more upper crust)...who wanted to be christian and reform...and she struggled to be good and not resort to her previous behavior.

Im surprised Shannon let her oldest daughter wear that much makeup...remember last season at the organic make up store when Shannon panic at how grownup her oldest daughter looked in makeup and didnt want her daughter dating till adulthood lol

Im glad Meghan faced her fear of needles...but she better be prepared that Jimmy isnt going to be around very much for these milestones and I hope shes having a baby because of wanting to be a mother and due to lonliness or trying to hold onto her husband.

I dont like Kelly...but i see nothing wrong with her dorming her own opinion on Vicki.  If the other women would leave her alkne, she might come around and agree with their assessment of her.

Also, does anyone else think Kelly and Tamra are like two peas in a pod?

These scenes are why I think the OC is different from the other shows in the franchise.  We have just as big of reactions to their day to day events as we do to the group scenes.   NY, Atlanta, BH, and the two new shows dont have that same impact...Jersey comes closest...but the OC is in a class by itself...imho

• Love 6

These scenes are why I think the OC is different from the other shows in the franchise.  We have just as big of reactions to their day to day events as we do to the group scenes.   NY, Atlanta, BH, and the two new shows dont have that same impact...Jersey comes closest...but the OC is in a class by itself...imho

What do you mean?

• Love 2
(edited)

The boys room in OK was so sterile,  not what I expected for kids that age.  

I kept asking why Brianna was driving too,  but then Vicki is the alternative.....

Felt kinda bad for her when Vicki just patted her on the shoulders and said see ya.  Be good boys,  like that really works.  But I agree miss money bags could hire some help.  

Meagan is so damn thin,  holy cow!  

Edited by ihartcoffee
Spelling
  • Love 10

If Brianna had to go to OC immediately after surgery, why didn't they fly and then get the car to California later?  Vicki said Ryan hadn't been discharged yet, so, he's going to be in Oklahoma for awhile.  

• Love 10

Brianna driving herself and Vicki abandoning her daughter instead of staying at home to help with the boys feels producer-fed to me. Brianna is a nurse and a mother. I doubt that she would have driven herself from OK to CA in her condition. I cannot imagine Brianna putting her sons at risk by doing such a thing. 

Vicki and Brianna could have brought in a home health aide or someone to help with childcare. They have friends and neighbors nearby. This story line doesn't make sense to me. 

Heather Dubrow is so pretentious. My refrigerator does not make designer ice cubes but I have some plastic trays that make stars. 

• Love 23
16 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

If Brianna had to go to OC immediately after surgery, why didn't they fly and then get the car to California later?  Vicki said Ryan hadn't been discharged yet, so, he's going to be in Oklahoma for awhile.  

Don't ever forget that this is all filmed for a TV show.

Flying back would have meant less camera time for Vicki and HER road trip. Don't forget her back hurt after the long drive and she had to work the next day. What a total BITCH! Brianna goes along because mommy is the wallet!

• Love 10

As usual, I was only half watching, but I'm now getting a kick out of Heather's OTT house.  It's kind of fascinating to see.  I got a bit of tongue-in-cheek vibe  from her about the "style" of ice cubes.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, Sarcastica said:

My thoughts on this episode:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks, Sarcastica. I came here to say exactly this. These rubes really suck. They're STILL barking and squawking about Crooks? Ugh. And Heather--I get it--you sold out and married a <really gross> wallet and calved some insurance policies when you realized your acting expiration date was approaching, and now you want to kill yourself. Nevertheless, bragging about buying a bunch of appliances only makes you look more desperate and sad. Conspicuous consumption: how klassy. You make the NJ howives look sophisticated, you graceless poseur. You should be ashamed of yourself for lecturing Alexis when you're on tv buying up useless crap like a broke fool who just won the Publisher's Clearinghouse sweepstakes. 

• Love 23

I had to switch over and watch Goodfellas (for the 8-10th time probably) on another channel b/c Vicki is just insufferable.  She's worse than ever.  Crap,  I believe the BS and loyalty of mobsters like Paul Cicero, Tony Stacks, Jimmy Conway, and Johnny Roastbeef more than ANYTHING coming out of Vicki's mouth.

I did catch most of the "heart to heart" talk between Tamra and Vicki.  I'm not a big Tamra fan in past seasons, but dayum ... I was sitting here watching that exchange with my jaw dropped just like Tamra.  Un-frinkin-believable that Vicki is not one bit contrite, not willing to admit any wrong doing, and has the balls to continue to try to turn every detail of her and Brooks GIANT LIES back and place the blame on the other women.    

The OG from the OC is well past her expiration date and needs to be off this show. And no,  adding Brianna as a cast regular does not invoke any sympathy for Vicki if that's the angle she's using as her story line this season.  I can't watch the OC franchise anymore - done.  I will follow along the de-lish snark here after episodes.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Darn it! I continue to feel sympathetic towards Tamra. Even the way she handled Bicki is more subdued and logical. Her trainer seems like a positive influence.

The Rolling Stones wrote a song about this situation it's title is Sympathy for the Devil.

She will never change at her core, it's all for show.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Don't ever forget that this is all filmed for a TV show.

Flying back would have meant less camera time for Vicki and HER road trip. Don't forget her back hurt after the long drive and she had to work the next day. What a total BITCH! Brianna goes along because mommy is the wallet!

Back in the first episode Brianna told Vicki on the phone that she wanted to drive her car back, because she knew once they got back to the OC Vicki would want to get back to work and Brianna didn't want to get stuck without a car. Brianna even indicated that Vicki didn't have a car she could haul the boys around in.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

The boys room in OK was so sterile,  not what I expected for kids that age.  

I kept asking why Brianna was driving too,  but then Vicki is the alternative.....

Felt kinda bad for her when Vicki just patted her on the shoulders and said see ya.  Be good boys,  like that really works.  But I agree miss money bags could hire some help.  

Meagan is so damn thin,  holy cow!  

I noticed that too, and it's strange - she seems to be about as thin as Jules from RHNY is, and yet, none of her castmates are whispering about her having an eating disorder or anorexia, as the other RHNY women are about Jules.  

I guess that's the difference between Orange County, where, apparently, you can never be TOO thin and New York, where it's okay to have a little meat on your bones (but...only a little, LOL!) 

59 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

My thought, exactly...they could have flown back to California, and if they didn't want to leave the car for Ryan (remember - Vicki also bought that car for Brianna), they could have had it shipped.  

Nineteen or twenty hours in a car with two toddlers is no fun, and nineteen or twenty hours in a car with two toddlers AND Vicki must have been worse than a ride to hell and back.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Nancy Drew said:

Back in the first episode Brianna told Vicki on the phone that she wanted to drive her car back, because she knew once they got back to the OC Vicki would want to get back to work and Brianna didn't want to get stuck without a car. Brianna even indicated that Vicki didn't have a car she could haul the boys around in.

Vicki doesn't own a car with 4 wheels and room for two children's car seats?

Cars can be sent via transport.

Someone please super sluth this and let us know! Meghan?? Anyone???

• Love 3

They also could have rented a car for Brianna to use, but, I think the above poster had it right with the less camera time.  Heather was just on WWHL and said she didn't understand why Brianna was driving and Vicki tweeted that it was because Brianna get car sick if she's a passenger.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

The Rolling Stones wrote a song about this situation it's title is Sympathy for the Devil.

I guess I'm hopeful that SOMEONE from one if these shows changes for the better. 

At least she's not shrieking. Yet, I guess.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

They also could have rented a car for Brianna to use, but, I think the above poster had it right with the less camera time.  Heather was just on WWHL and said she didn't understand why Brianna was driving and Vicki tweeted that it was because Brianna get car sick if she's a passenger.

That was me about the camera time.

Vicki sent the "tweet" to WWHL as an excuse as to why she is such a "twat".

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

I missed why Brianna had to have surgery. What exactly is the health issue she is having?

If I heard correctly, it sounded like she had an incision site where they removed some lymph nodes that became infected. What I wasn't sure about is if she then had a second surgery for debridement purposes of the infection site.  Anyway she ended up on antibiotics also. Apparently the oral antibiotics weren't cutting it, hence the picc line for IV antibiotics. 

Edited by FanOfTheFans
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

I think there is more hope that Tamra will change for the better than Vicki ever admitting to the truth about her involvement in Brooks's cancer lie. LOL

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I guess I'm hopeful that SOMEONE from one if these shows changes for the better. 

At least she's not shrieking. Yet, I guess.

Hope is always a good thing, however let's not forget we are 11 seasons in and counting.

• Love 8

Vicks tweeted and said Breanna gets car sick real bad and feels better when driving but they did switch back and forth.

Breanna shouldn't have done that drive with a leg infection.  Not good.  Of course, worse is going to emergency, having a PIC line put in, coming home feeling really bad and then your mother up and leaves you with two toddlers because 'she has to go to work' to pay for everything.  How sad is that.  Even sadder is the Breanna is not surprised.  What if Breanna passed out with those two little kids there.

Shannon's sense of humor is coming back and I like it.

Still not feeling Kelly.

And....loving all the casserole references.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Hope is always a good thing, however let's not forget we are 11 seasons in and counting.

Eh. She seems to be mellowing a bit, for now, which is better than we can say for Vicki.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Eh. She seems to be mellowing a bit, for now, which is better than we can say for Vicki.

Well let's just see if Tamara can go this whole season without her pointing at Vicki and yelling at her "You went to Oklahoma".

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I noticed that too, and it's strange - she seems to be about as thin as Jules from RHNY is, and yet, none of her castmates are whispering about her having an eating disorder or anorexia, as the other RHNY women are about Jules.  

I guess that's the difference between Orange County, where, apparently, you can never be TOO thin and New York, where it's okay to have a little meat on your bones (but...only a little, LOL!) 

Could be one of two things or perhaps both. Jules had some odd food related behavior that the NY wives could gossip about plus both B and Carole seem to have their own food issues and B has written a book about being thin (she's an expert you know...) so its a natural story line for those three. The OC wives may talk about Megan being thin and really Lydia was just as skeletal and TPTB never chose to make it a story for either of them. We got Brooks instead. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Well let's just see if Tamara can go this whole season without her pointing at Vicki and yelling at her "You went to Oklahoma".

OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!! *judgy finger* 

On another note... Can we have Million Dollar Listing OC with Shannon's realtor? Please, Bravo? 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

The ridiculousness of the Dubrow convention center never fails to astound. Don't eat pizza but need a 5 figure pizza oven. Need the huge 5 figure outdoor grill because the chef will likely cook amazing things. The highest price high end appliance because it makes several kinds of ice cubes. Help me, I'm poor!

If they were really as rich as they claimed they would get an appliance that makes ice cubes in multiple shapes, colors and scented so that their farts smell like fresh cinnamon rolls.  Help them, they are poor.

• Love 10
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Love the metallic knit top Shannon was wearing in her talking heads.

I liked it too.

My ex's mom (decade +ago) was really into high end shopping and bought a lot at Saks, I. Magnin, ect.

I helped her move two times and she gave me so much great vintage designer stuff (clothes, jewelry, bags)

To this day I still wear and use a lot of it and people still want to know where I got "it".

Quality never goes out of style.

Edited by mbaywife123
Damn auto correct!
  • Love 8