Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Lies In The Air, Sand In My Hair

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/12/2016 at 7:23 AM, Misslindsey said:

Brianna's health issues will always be how it affects Vicki and how hard it is for Vicki. Not the person who actually is experiencing these problems.

Well, now that Vicki has a sick loved one who is legit, will she begin to demand casseroles again?  (Can't you just hear her now: "Briana is so sick and has two toddlers, plus I have to WORK to support everyone -- why isn't someone making casseroles for us?")

And I'm really curious as to when the last time Vicki made a casserole for someone else, since she hasn't taken credit for any, and we've certainly never seen her make any.  Just a thought.

Edited by Anne Thrax
Adding stuff I just thought of
  • Love 12
On 7/12/2016 at 11:34 AM, psychoticstate said:

I used to get carsick when I was young and I can still feel massively grody as an adult passenger if we're driving through the mountains

Oh my friend I hear ya!  I still can get car sick as a passenger especially in the back seat so I try to drive as much as possible.  I have to take Dramamine to go on trips in our friggin motor home or when we fly.   It is so annoying because even a tiny dose of Dramamine knocks me out. Bleah

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/12/2016 at 8:49 PM, ridethemaverick said:

Agreed, although I think Owen is sorta cute. More importantly, he's petty. My kind of petty. He knew what he was doing slowly dragging the other one's bag out of the room while he screamed and whined about it. More petty Owen please!

Did anyone notice that when Troy was wriggling off Vicki's lap during his melt-down over the little car motif travel bag, Owen dropped the thing and looked like he was getting ready to high-tail it?  I'll bet that Troy has already cleaned little bro Owen's clock in the past for daring to take off with Troy's property. 

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2016 at 6:39 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I was disgusted by Kelly when David and Shannon showed up at the beach party and she purposely turned her head when David was greeting her so that his mouth would land near or on her mouth. And then went on to say that is the most action she has received in ages. She is a bitch to her husband, and on top of that acting way too friendly to the husband of a fellow HW that she has just met. And a fellow HW who has managed to put her marriage back together. And I don't for a minute believe she doesn't know that. I detest Kelly and this is only the second epi I have seen.

---------------------------------

Man I hate that kind of shit. Having a husband that's a hottie (well, WAS anyway), I've experienced that too often myself.  Felt like smashing her face in on Shannon's behalf.  Not liking that bitch AT ALL.

• Love 4
On 7/12/2016 at 6:24 PM, snarts said:

Another carsick victim here.  I can't read or look at my phone, so yes, I typically offer to drive

I can't read my phone either if I am in the passenger seat or back seat. I can read a quick text but not reply with great length.  I grew up with the map reading generation and I was of no help to read those things while the vehicle was moving. I have always felt like a damn freak because I see so many people that have no problems like this. I wish I was just more normal!  The dramamine does do the trick but you can't take that for a short hour long trip. I drive a lot. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Heather loses it on Jeff Lewis:   http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/why-doesnt-jeff-lewis-like-heather-dubrow-twitter-feud

Somehow, Heather's restaurant manners be called into question do not surprise me.

I agree, I've always thought she bends over backward while on camera to be the servers' best friend.  It never felt authentic to me - she's just way too conceited to do it for anything but her image.  Either that, or she was taking a shot at some free "champs".  <<< That word just describes her to a T, in my opinion.   She's so ridiculously self-important and pretentious.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Woo Hoo!  Everyone's invited to my outdoor party on the coldest day of the year!  Nothing says beach party like a handful of people sitting in chairs on a deserted beach, wrapped in white blankets like a bunch of nursing home patients.

The beaches in southern California are not as warm as people expect.  It probably has something to do with all that water that gets up over 70 degrees only at the end of the summer, but I don't know.  The local forecasts have different sets of temperatures for the city, the beaches, the valley, and the desert.  In the summer, the beaches are always the coolest. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The beaches in southern California are not as warm as people expect.  It probably has something to do with all that water that gets up over 70 degrees only at the end of the summer, but I don't know.  The local forecasts have different sets of temperatures for the city, the beaches, the valley, and the desert.  In the summer, the beaches are always the coolest. 

Yup, SoCal beach-community attire by day vs by night is a reliable way to spot a tourist or new resident. As soon as the sun drops below the horizon the temp usually takes a dive (and if there's a coastal wind, ruh-roh...) The locals are all fine in their hooded sweatshirts, fleeces and jeans; the unknowing are usually in their daytime wear of shorts, tanks and flip flops, wrapping their arms around themselves and plaintively mumbling, "Isn't Southern California supposed to be warm...?"

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

Yup, SoCal beach-community attire by day vs by night is a reliable way to spot a tourist or new resident. As soon as the sun drops below the horizon the temp usually takes a dive (and if there's a coastal wind, ruh-roh...) The locals are all fine in their hooded sweatshirts, fleeces and jeans; the unknowing are usually in their daytime wear of shorts, tanks and flip flops, wrapping their arms around themselves and plaintively mumbling, "Isn't Southern California supposed to be warm...?"

I lived in Califirnia for several years. The beachs are beautiful. But that aren't all that warm even in the daytime. The water isn't all that comfortable to swim in either. At least that's my opinion.  But I grew up in the southeast. So I was accustomed to the beaches of Florida and the Alabama Gulf coast. 

Edited by Cara
  • Love 1

SoCal beach city resident here- the water is always freezing and it does get chilly and windy quite a bit at (& near) the beach. I didn't even give it a second thought when I saw the blankets. They made sense to me, good planning (and that's the only nice thing I'll say about Kelly).

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Woo Hoo!  Everyone's invited to my outdoor party on the coldest day of the year!  Nothing says beach party like a handful of people sitting in chairs on a deserted beach, wrapped in white blankets like a bunch of nursing home patients.

I did wonder about why they were wrapped up in blankets and thought it was "old lady syndrome".

18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Heather loses it on Jeff Lewis:   http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/why-doesnt-jeff-lewis-like-heather-dubrow-twitter-feud

Somehow, Heather's restaurant manners be called into question do not surprise me.

If memory serves, we got a glimpse into how Heather behaves at restaurants the first season she was on when she and Terry went out somewhere and she peeved about waiters who give you an open (OMG!) menu.

• Love 6
(edited)

When Vicki and Tamra were talking, the difference between their faces was striking.  Tamra has exquisite bone structure, made more remarkable next to Vickis long jawed potato face.   Why did she get that stupid chin implant?  It completely changed the shape of her face, and not for the better.  Vicki, the face was fine, it's the ugly inside you needed to work on.   

Edited by Lisin
Fixed it for you :)
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I read somewhere that Vicki is secretly seeing Brooks, she sees him overnight or something like that.  That is the Vicki behavior I'd expect from her.

I think I heard that as well.

• Love 1

Oh shut up Brianna. I can't with her. I never really could, but I have lost any small ability to can with her marytr act. Yeah, any idiot could guess that a 20 hour drive with her mother and two small children after surgery was stupid. You think the drive might have been a bad idea? No shit! So don't do it! Your mom hasn't helped out as much as you thought? Golly, I'm shocked. So stay the fuck in OKC for a few more weeks before you run back to the town, and the show, and the lifestyle you claim is so beneath you and you anger management issue husband.  Oh, your mommy wanted you to. Say no for fucks sake! She does it all the time when it gives her a chance to be a drama queen, why not when it would just lead to things being quieter? Oh right, because Brianna is a spoiled as fuck princess who has deluded herself into thinking she's some sort of tough survivor. She craves drama just as much as Vicki does. Also, California has one of the largest dairy industries in the world. STOP PRETENDING YOU'VE NEVER SEEN A COW! Man it bugs me when people pretend to be blown away by ordinary shit and try to play off shallow ignorance of basic shit as cute. 

Anyway, I also like Kelly's house. Not her so much though.

Shannon, in the previews: "I never make anything about me!" Um, ok then.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Trace said:

I am SO sick and tired of this Brookes Bullshit! These "ladies" need to let it go and move the hell on!

I don't think this has anything to do with Brooks it has to do with Vicki's complete inability to take responsibility for her actions, her pathological need to be the victim, and her delusional belief that she did not lie to her friends when she repeatedly did lie to them even if you buy into the idea that she didn't know he was faking, I don't but she still repeatedly lied directly to their faces.

• Love 17
On July 14, 2016 at 4:26 PM, raiderred1 said:

So funny that you say this because my husband sings your praises over Sonic ice!  Where do you get that kind of ice maker?  My husband chews ice all evening long every night! LOL  Help a girl out and spill the beans on that kind of ice maker. Sure would appreciate it. ;)

If you read a page or two back in this talk thread a couple of those machines are linked in here already. 

Also if you google "sonic ice machine" there's a shit load of articles and ads for those type machines for residential purchase. 

• Love 1
On 7/14/2016 at 5:30 PM, Anne Thrax said:

And I'm really curious as to when the last time Vicki made a casserole for someone else, since she hasn't taken credit for any, and we've certainly never seen her make any.  Just a thought.

Oh, c'mon--she busy working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 4
On 7/15/2016 at 4:26 PM, Mu Shu said:

When Vicki and Tamra were talking, the difference between their faces was striking.  Tamra has exquisite bone structure, made more remarkable next to Vickis long jawed potato face.   Why did she get that stupid chin implant?  It completely changed the shape of her face, and not for the better.  Vicki, the face was fine, it's the ugly inside you needed to work on.   

I agree that Tamra has fabulous bone structure.  She really is a very pretty woman -- one of the best looking housewives across all franchises.  But her tacky persona and mean spirited remarks always take her looks down a notch for me.  I was watching some older seasons of RHOC yesterday -- I believe it was Season 4 the infamous "Naked Wasted" episode.  Vicki looked better before she had all that work done.  She actually looked much younger pre-work.

• Love 6

I think Vicki's nose job was needed and a good result.   The rest of the work didn't enhance the natural dimensions of her face.   All she really needs is good skincare and more subtle makeup.   Definitely the hair is so much better now. 

I also just realized this episode that even though Shannon has likely always had plenty of money, she dresses like she waits for sales at Ross and Marshalls.   Heather is the only one who understands how to dress herself.    However, Vicki often looks very nice in her work attire.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

If you read a page or two back in this talk thread a couple of those machines are linked in here already. 

Also if you google "sonic ice machine" there's a shit load of articles and ads for those type machines for residential purchase. 

Thanks Petunia13, I had not read all the posts yet when I posted this!  I checked out some of them and they are quite cool. 

(edited)

I find Brianna just as much as a drama queen and a martyr as Vickie. There is no way her pain was an 8-10 when she said that sipping her drink.  Maybe it was an 8-10 out of 20.  I think as a nurse she should be a bit more realistic about her own medical needs and not exaggerate.

I am sure there was a babysitter there off screen so I don't feel too bad for Brianna.  Maybe if she wasn't so much a Vickie jr I could sympathize more.

I know people with pizza ovens and they use them around once a week.  I am sure Heather's kids will eat pizza she just won't so the chef will probably use it more than once a year. 

Edited by fountain
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, fountain said:

I find Brianna just as much as a drama queen and a martyr as Vickie. There is no way her pain was an 8-10 when she said that sipping her drink.  Maybe it was an 8-10 out of 20.  I think as a nurse she should be a bit more realistic about her own medical needs and not exaggerate.

I am sure there was a babysitter there off screen so I don't feel too bad for Brianna.  Maybe if she wasn't so much a Vickie jr I could sympathize more.

I know people with pizza ovens and they use them around once a week.  I am sure Heather's kids will eat pizza she just won't so the chef will probably use it more than once a year. 

Co-sign.  Brianna is such a whiny little drama queen that is so convinced of her own special snowflakeness that I just don't believe her. I think she is becoming her mother and she will always be busier, sicker, in more pain, yadda, yadda, yadda then anyone else in the room. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Co-sign.  Brianna is such a whiny little drama queen that is so convinced of her own special snowflakeness that I just don't believe her. I think she is becoming her mother and she will always be busier, sicker, in more pain, yadda, yadda, yadda then anyone else in the room. 

Brianna has always been seeking the spotlight.  She just doesn't get it, being interested in your mom's affairs does not make for a healthy human being.  It is amazing to me that Vicki even wants to go down the road of a sick relative after the brooks debacle.  Brinna and her kids should be near their father when she is sick.

I hope if Brianna is at the reunion this year, one of the women, especially if Brianna starts defending her horrid mother, reminds her they have been held captive on the couches while she goes after her mother and Brooks.  If she wants to be treated like a RH time for her to have some accountability. 

I also just realized this episode that even though Shannon has likely always had plenty of money, she dresses like she waits for sales at Ross and Marshalls.   Heather is the only one who understands how to dress herself.    However, Vicki often looks very nice in her work attire.  

I have never once, ever, in the history of this franchise, seen Vicki in an outfit where I was like "Oooh I would like to have that outfit".  However I have thought this about many of Heather's outfits and dresses.  Especially her beach vacation outfits. She always looks put together even in a jeep excursion.

• Love 6

Agreed, although I think Owen is sorta cute. More importantly, he's petty. My kind of petty. He knew what he was doing slowly dragging the other one's bag out of the room while he screamed and whined about it. More petty Owen please!

Petty, or an evil genius? I loved how he was like, "Cry more, I'm rollin' on". And, when Troy yelled "Owie made me!" in the car, I pictured Owie sitting calmly in his seat, twirling a pretend mustache.

If anyone needs a casserole its Brianna in this situation.  

Brianna looks to be doing just fine in the casserole department.

• Love 10

Tamra really is gorgeous. It's her American Indian heritage that she can thank for that amazing bone structure. She's gorgeous. I like her much more now that she is with Eddie. She was so jealous of Gretchen initially, it really made her crazy. I don't think she is jealous of women like she used to be-- then again, Alexis and Lizzie aren't on anymore. 

I'd rather see Brianna than Brooks any day.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, jaync said:

Brianna looks to be doing just fine in the casserole department.

Hehe. Up top! 

In all seriousness, I actually thought Brianna looked like she's lost a little weight since we last saw her. Grouchy as ever, but maybe 10 pounds lighter.

I keep meaning to ask, but what the hell is an "ice pyramid"? Was Heather talking about a shape of ice or was she referring to the store display? I thought it was the latter but she kept saying how every house should have one and I have no idea why I'd want what the salesperson uses to display ice options.

Look, Vicki's a textbook narcissist who makes her daughter's chronic health condition about herself, looks like a cement truck accident when she cries, and says awful, awful things like "chinka-chinka Chinaman."

BUT...And I know I'm in the minority here... *small voice*...I kind of enjoy watching her with Brianna and her grandkids.  I wouldn't want the whole show to be about that, mind you, but those are some of the few relationships on this show that are really "real."  We only see Heather and Shannon with their kids sporadically, Tamra's kids aren't on the show (and her relationship with Teeth, while evidently real in that it's lasted a few years, has always struck me as very showmancey), Megan has no kids and Jimmy is barely around, and everything about Kelly seems very manufactured.  Watching Vicki run around after her grandkids is sort of refreshing.  And, I don't know... I saw Brianna grow up on the show, and, yeah, she's a bit of an Eeyore, but I guess I'm invested.    

I live in southern California- laguna niguel (between L.A. and San Diego) and it's hotter than a two peckered owl here in August,September and part of October.

In fact, it's hot here like RIGHT NOW! I'm forced to be in a BAR/restaurant so I can have properly made Margaritas to cool down.

(I also use this method to warm up in the cooler months too!)

But I'm not complaining. This part of the USA is so beautiful. I just ignore the plastic pretentious people that live here and revel in the beauty of all So Cal has.

I see hundreds of Vickie and Tamras every day. It's part of the geography. But lots of really nice people here.

I do hope what's her name Dodd and Meeghan go away forever. So ridiculous and fake. at least Vicki is real. Yes, very despicable, but at least real.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I forget to say...I can't stand Brianna and/or her angry husband.

I get the vibe that Ryan does NOT have any love foe the Bri. Not sure why he married her but I don't think it was love.

Ryan hit the jackpot and married his cash cow. He will never divorce her willingly not even if she morphed into Vicki. He's had a taste of the good life and he wants more. He's all in. When Vicki kicks the bucket I think he might be surprised that the golden egg Vicki laid isn't as big as he thought it would be, ad he has to share it with Michael.

• Love 3

I saw the look of sheer ecstasy and delight on Ryan's face when Brianna, the boys and Vicki were getting in the SUV to head back to the OC. 

His face said this to me: "I can't wait til you all pull out of the driveway and leave. Now I can breathe again and go have a good time in my life"

HE DISGUSTS ME!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 7/18/2016 at 10:02 PM, bravofan27 said:

Tamra really is gorgeous. It's her American Indian heritage that she can thank for that amazing bone structure. She's gorgeous. I like her much more now that she is with Eddie. She was so jealous of Gretchen initially, it really made her crazy. I don't think she is jealous of women like she used to be-- then again, Alexis and Lizzie aren't on anymore. 

I'd rather see Brianna than Brooks any day.  

I agree that Tamra is a knockout, really pretty face and pretty figure too. I couldn't tell if she was really jealous of other hot women or played it up for the show. The two instances I thought Tamra seemed jealous were when she thought Eddie and Vicki were flirting and Eddie allegedly saying he'd either f or marry Lizzie during the game. 

• Like 1