Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

welcome to Old People TV Network! Ha! I understand, I watch the same channels. I probably would watch nothing but TCM if I didn't have to have a cable subscription to do so. It is available through Prime, but only on my Kindle. I am not watching movies on a 5" screen. I want it on my Roku so I can watch it on a tv I can actually see...I'm old.

I have Fire TV boxes and not Roku. I looked on Roku's website and it says Amazon Prime video should be available. Maybe this link will help? 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/13/amazon-video

• Love 1

No, but I've tried TubiTV. Movies are free, but interrupted at inopportune times for 3 to 5 commercials, sometimes the same ad twice during the same break. But at least, when they return to the film, they back up about 5 seconds, so you know you haven't missed anything.

15 hours ago, mmecorday said:

You can tell that it's Halloween. There are a lot more commercials with the sound of jingle bells in the background.

I said the same thing to my husband.  9pm-- Halloween is over.  Let the Christmas ads commence!

• Love 3

This is about a political ad but it’s not political...there is a race for mayor in the city and one of the women running continuously pronounces it “mare” all throughout her ad.  If I could actually vote I would seriously consider not voting for her because that annoys me so much.  (My address is in the city, but I’m not part of the city for voting purposes.  It’s stupid.)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, mojoween said:

This is about a political ad but it’s not political...there is a race for mayor in the city and one of the women running continuously pronounces it “mare” all throughout her ad.  If I could actually vote I would seriously consider not voting for her because that annoys me so much.  (My address is in the city, but I’m not part of the city for voting purposes.  It’s stupid.)

See, now you made me wonder how I say 'mayor'.  I think I say 'mare' as well, rather than 'may-or'.

• Love 1

Some Cetaphil commercial needs to rethink its sentence structure:

"You can drink, eat well, and exercise, but to look completely healthy..."

Unless I can drink to look good, that is.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
On 10/30/2017 at 11:31 PM, QuinnInND said:

Every stupid commercial for every car that has the automatic braking. I'm so glad that everyone can now drive looking at their phones or whatever because their car will stop for them. And screw all the idiots who just blunder out in front of cars. You deserve to get hit.  "Pedestrian detection".. Yes. It's called your eyes and paying attention! The feature may be helpful, but the Commercials piss me off. 

These ads drive me crazy, too. My car doesn't have automatic braking, but it has an "collision avoidance alarm" (or something like that) that beeps at me if it thinks I'm going to hit something. IT GOES OFF WHEN THERE IS NOTHING WRONG. If I'm coming around a curve on a 2 lane road and there's a stationary object (like a median, a telephone pole, or a tree) on the other side of the road? It beeps at me. I guess it thinks I might stop turning and drive straight off the road? So, every time I see those ads, I think of all the times my car would be braking for no good reason. I wish I could turn the stupid thing off.

• Love 9

I am slightly annoyed by the commercial in which the older couple moves out of their rather stately home in the country into a city walk-up right across the hall from the daughter's family. I know lots of grandparents will move to be closer to grandchildren, but the fact that they have to to be literally next door sends my eyes rolling. I've decided I would feel better about if maybe there was some medical reason they need to be there beyond "OMG, Mom! I now have four kids and I don't know what to do!!" Hire a sitter, chick.

• Love 19

I guess Adoreme.com is the perfect name for the "Me" generation, but their ads annoy the crap out of me. And I like pretty underwear, but I hate those foam rubber padded bras. You turn and your breasts continue pointing where ever you were going before!

• Love 11

The Hershey commercial where the father and his kid are making s’mores annoys me. He’s supposed to be in a meeting, but he’s making s’mores. What makes him so damn special that he gets to blow off the teleconference for s’mores while the others have to look at his cardboard cutout?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

The Hershey commercial where the father and his kid are making s’mores annoys me. He’s supposed to be in a meeting, but he’s making s’mores. What makes him so damn special that he gets to blow off the teleconference for s’mores while the others have to look at his cardboard cutout?

I mean, I still don't think it's okay, but in the longer version of the commercial, the dad is always working, so the kid goes out and gets the cutout made so the dad can spend some time with her for once.  So it's not that he thinks he's special as much as he feels bad and is trying to give his kid some attention.

• Love 6
On 11/4/2017 at 1:04 PM, mojoween said:

If you are going on a first date, would you SERIOUSLY wear some ratty old t-shirt, droopy collar or no droopy collar?

I wouldn't be caught mowing my lawn in that damn shirt.

• Love 10

In the background of a delivery service commercial (I'm not sure if it's FedEX or UPS), there are two women working at a place called conspiracy books, and in the background, there's a poster for a book called Did the 15th Century Happen? I want a copy of that poster, as I actually have a book about a theory that the Middle Ages Never Happened.

• Love 9
On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:22 PM, friendperidot said:

I guess Adoreme.com is the perfect name for the "Me" generation, but their ads annoy the crap out of me. And I like pretty underwear, but I hate those foam rubber padded bras. You turn and your breasts continue pointing where ever you were going before!

I looked at their website when I first started seeing the commercials, and that's the only place they put all the fine print about monthly membership fees.  I notice they now include that in the commercials.  People must've complained.

• Love 7

I couldn't really explain what it is about this commercial that drives me up a wall, but it does. The actress is annoying, and her telling this story to everyone around her is annoying. The only reason you should be telling your eye doctor that you crashed into a pole is so you can get some freaking glasses; I doubt he gives two figs about your claim procedure -- just the fact you didn't see a damn pole. If I'm watching live TV, I'll pause it for 30 seconds so I don't have to watch this commercial (a tactic usually reserved for "help the abused animals" commercials).

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Rachel81 said:

The actress is annoying, and her telling this story to everyone around her is annoying.

I got the impression that the viewers (and even her friend) were supposed to see her as annoying.

How is that supposed to sell insurance? I have no idea.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, EighteenTwelve said:

What annoys me about that commercial is the "but".  It's only there so the actress can say "no, bad thing X didn't happen, good thing Y happened!" And it repeats too many times.

This, and I dislike the quick cuts between all the conversations with different people about the exact same thing. There's a series of ads on travel-heavy channels touting the wonders of vacationing in California that cut between minor celebrities and some "colorful" natives that does this too, and I've grown to hate them. The ads, not the people.

• Love 8
On 11/6/2017 at 3:38 PM, proserpina65 said:

I looked at their website when I first started seeing the commercials, and that's the only place they put all the fine print about monthly membership fees.  I notice they now include that in the commercials.  People must've complained.

I complained way back when! Yikes, I was pissed as hell! You know what else did that too and now doesn't? Green Chef! 

What annoys me about that commercial is the "but".  It's only there so the actress can say "no, bad thing X didn't happen, good thing Y happened!" And it repeats too many times.

Her story is so boring. Like not even in an "aww, how sweet--she sees beauty in the mundane" kind of way but in a seriously "WTF is the matter with this chick?" way.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Her story is so boring. Like not even in an "aww, how sweet--she sees beauty in the mundane" kind of way but in a seriously "WTF is the matter with this chick?" way.

It's such a pointless story! She comes across as desperate and starved for attention. 

• Love 5

The one that's kind of grossing me out these days is the guy who has to play the ass-end of a unicorn for his daughter's birthday party and he's worried what the front end's butt is going to smell like. Luckily, the guy playing the front end of the unicorn washed his shirt in Gain! So ass-end guy happily dances behind him in their sparkly unicorn costume. Not that Gain is going to help much if the front-end guy farts in his face.

Also, if it's his daughter having the birthday party, why does he have to play the unicorn's ass? Who's in front?

• Love 24
10 hours ago, Rachel81 said:

It's such a pointless story! She comes across as desperate and starved for attention. 

And seriously, she tells every person in her life her insurance story?  Why do people still hang out with her?

• Love 7

The one that's kind of grossing me out these days is the guy who has to play the ass-end of a unicorn for his daughter's birthday party and he's worried what the front end's butt is going to smell like. Luckily, the guy playing the front end of the unicorn washed his shirt in Gain! So ass-end guy happily dances behind him in their sparkly unicorn costume. Not that Gain is going to help much if the front-end guy farts in his face.

Also, if it's his daughter having the birthday party, why does he have to play the unicorn's ass? Who's in front?

There's something very "Human Centipede" about that commercial and that alone makes me hate it.

• Love 8