Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Steel Calzones

• Start Topic

Carole meets old friend Heather Thomson for a winter skate in the park. Elsewhere, Sonja embarks on a trip down memory lane; Bethenny receives news from her doctor about her health; and LuAnn serves up a cocktail party.

Once again Jules is discussing her injury and then how insulted she was by Carole and Bethenny, and, her complaints were dismissed by first Bethenny and then Luanne so they could discuss their issues.  Also, REALLY didn't need to see the pillow B bled on.  Her driver is a saint.

• Love 18

I don't think Bethenney is as sad about Brynn being with her ex and the in laws (who we've seen are over the moon about her). I think B realizes they would have access to her fortune through Brynn and that she can't abide.

Also what's BB endeavors? That's who B called to speak to her employee.

• Love 5

So Dorinda is not just a mean drunk, she's mean when she's sober too!  Telling Jules that she should have said to Carol that she's dating a man much younger than her. She really likes to hit where she knows it hurts.  Just like what she said to Ramona at that psychic party about how Mario left her.  She's mean!!

Lu at the end of the episode:  FANTASTIC!!!  I hope they do go away without Carol and Bethenny and have the time of their lives!

• Love 10

Honestly, Jules was so fucking off at the pizza party. I don't know if it's Bethenny or the meds, but she was really incoherent trying to tell her story about how she injured her vagina. And baking the silverware into calzone and wanting to bake the drugs in it was really weird and not weird funny, but weird weird. She should not have mixed her pain meds with alcohol. It's also quite likely that she was on antibiotics too.

Carole and Bethenny need to let up on Jules and her eating disorder. They're not really friends with her and their comments aren't coming from a good place. However, Jules took this huge apprehensive breath before she took a bite of the piece of pizza. I miss Heather. It's too bad that she has to be used to with this Jules has an eating disorder story.

I'm going to agree a tiny bit with what Ramona said to LuAnn. There is a grand tradition of housewives meeting up for coffee or tea after a fight to patch up their friendship or to declare that they'll never be friends again. LuAnn was being an asshole by acting like the concept is so weird and foreign when she has done it. She's watched her castmates do it and she's certainly seen wives in other franchises do it too. 

LuAnn also needs to stop repeating the lie that Adam was still with her niece when he started dating Carole. Her niece disputes this and even if it's true, the one to blame is Adam. This is also rich coming from LuAnn who cheated on her boyfriend of 2 and a half years with the Count and married the Count before her boyfriend even knew she was gone. If the feelings she was feeling for the Count were legitimate enough to explore regardless of her existing relationship, then so too are Carole and Adam's feelings. When Ramona was pestering LuAnn, LuAnn revealed that she didn't care about Carole and that revealed that LuAnn was only apologizing because she was afraid of being cut out of filming. All that aside, Carole and LuAnn need to suck it up, swallow their dislike of each other, and just move on.

• Love 24

Ahhh, Luann, she won this whole episode and was barely in it. Get it, Countess.

Jules' behavior with the calzone was completely disturbing - putting all that stuff in it? The whole thing just makes me uncomfortable and I hope she gets help.

SO excited to see Kevin on here. If you want more of him, he's on Bethenny's snapchat literally every day. Kevin and Cookie are pretty much the stars of her snapchat. I feel like I know him, hi Kevin!

• Love 18

It's obvious that Jules' eating disorder is alive and thriving, Jules?  Not so much.

So weird to be on a show like this with that kind of problem, and I'm not sure Bravo is terribly responsible by casting her.  Still, fascinating, and also very scary watching her.  Carole is no where near as thin as Jules, and saying that she is doesn't make it true.  Google bathing suit or shorts photos.  One is thin, one is very sick.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think it is about time someone had an event/trip and not invite Bethenny or Carole since those 2 have been trying to dictate who can and can not come for 1/2 the season so far. Time to turn the tables and let those 2 feel what it's like to be frozen out, just as they have been doing to Sonja and Luann.

Hey, I totally agree with you - Bethenny and Carole have been showing their asses all season, but Lu is not fighting the greater good here, IMO.  She is always looking out for Number 1, and is tone deaf to anyone and anything beyond her own wig.

• Love 9

Did anyone else notice that Bravo forgot to bleep Ramona when she dropped the F bomb while talking to Luann?  The closed captioning on my TV disguised the word (F---), but they needn't have bothered, as it was broadcast, unfiltered. Interesting!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, lyric said:

Hey, I totally agree with you - Bethenny and Carole have been showing their asses all season, but Lu is not fighting the greater good here, IMO.  She is always looking out for Number 1, and is tone deaf to anyone and anything beyond her own wig.

I do think Luann is doing it because of how Bethenny/Carole are treating her and Sonja, so I do think she is doing it for the greater good so to speak. Someone has to take some of Bethenny's power/control back and no one else seems willing to do it, not even Sonja. They all want to crawl up Bethenny's butt alongside Carole. Now, truth be told, Luann did try to get her own slot up there but Bethenny rejected her application, so........ Luann is going to try and administer a cleansing colonic! LOL

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

I kinda sorta understand the ladies reactions to Jules. Like Kim Richards, Jules tells everyone that she's recovering and doesn't have a problem anymore. She says that she talks about it because she's fine and isn't trying to hide anything. Constantly telling people that you don't have an issue with food anymore but clearly demonstrating that you still do have an issue while you're filming a reality show? All while trying to shill a "cleansing" concoction? Are the other women obligated to ignore what's happening right in front of their eyes?

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Imagine if she had to be with them always.  That's my worst nightmare.

Wow.  I guess Beth's hopes that Bryn ends up like her .... choosing to have no connection with what family she has.    She is one bitter unhappy woman.  Pretty sad.  The world is not perfect Beth and neither are you.  You need to take a very close look at your expectations of other people.  Maybe you're the one who has the problem.

I wonder if this comment will be addressed at the Reunion.  I would imagine that, if it were made by any other housewife, from any franchise, Andy would be jumping all over this, but given that Bethenny made the comment, it won't be mentioned at all.

I continue to lose respect for Bethenny.  I loved her in Season 1 and 2, loved her on her own shows, but since her return to RHofNY, her likability factor just keeps going down, week after week after week.

• Love 18

WTF was with the utensils in the calzone?  Did I miss something?

Beth is losing her 'team'.  The members are slowly defecting.  Sorry Carole, you're not in the best position to ask or preach about eating disorders.  You're not anorexic but you're pretty thin and then we have 'skinny' girl putting her two cents in.  Yeah, Jules seems to be pretty underweight but you need to know more before you go down that road.  Jules may have made tremendous progress from where she's been.  The meds do seem concerning though...

Oh, give me a break with sudden discovery of the 'stained' pillow in the car.  And yep, your employees are your family because you can control them. If they want their job, they have to be your audience and say what you want to hear.  I really do feel sorry for Bryn.  Your mother's worst nightmare is leaving you in the care of your father's family.  I guess employees would be better.  Isn't Bryn's legal guardian a nanny by Beth's choice instead of Bryn's grandparents?  Sad.  I liked Julie but she's only the Catholic godmother.

Way to go Lu.   Lu did apologize again after the Berkshires.  And it was totally immature and rude for Carole and Beth not to RSVP.  Glad to hear that the women are going to Florida.  And Sonja gets invited.  Carole and Beth can sulk back in NY. 

• Love 24

Ramona is so annoying.

You could almost hear the producers in her ear telling her to go here and say this.

Loved Lu shutting her down and telling her that she doesn't care anymore. (The look on Ramonas' face was like WTH, now what is my storyline going to be).

It will be fun to watch when she goes back to report to the gruesome twosome and they tell her that they don't care either.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, charming said:

I kinda sorta understand the ladies reactions to Jules. Like Kim Richards, Jules tells everyone that she's recovering and doesn't have a problem anymore. She says that she talks about it because she's fine and isn't trying to hide anything. Constantly telling people that you don't have an issue with food anymore but clearly demonstrating that you still do have an issue while you're filming a reality show? All while trying to shill a "cleansing" concoction? Are the other women obligated to ignore what's happening right in front of their eyes?

Kim's addiction issues had a direct impact on the BH HWs (constantly being late or a no show to filming, violent verbal outbursts, ect.), Jules's ED doesn't have any impact on the NY HWs (she is pretty quiet, is on time and doesn't miss an event/filming). I could understand their alarm if they tempered it with some compassion and backed off of the snarky comments to her, like Bethenny's you need a "verb" comment which would only increase her stress level making it even harder to control her eating issues. I do agree with the cleanse though, it is a WTH is she thinking moment.

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Wasn't this the woman crying in a rented ride to her driver and an assistant that she has no mom, dad, brothers, sisters, aunts, anything? So she would damn her daughter to the same fate? Being with her dad and grandparents that seem to adore her daughter is her worst nightmare? Not something happening to Brynn like illness or an accident but being full-time with her dad and grandparents? This woman is rank!  The poor fibroid ridden, bleeding like a stuck pig all over Manhattan Bethenny story isn't inspiring a wisp of sympathy in me. 

Poor Kevin! Whatever B is paying him, ain't enough!

Does Carole actually expect me to believe that if Lu had called, text or asked her to her face out to drinks or coffee that she actually would have accepted? Girl bye!

Poor Kevin!

Way can't I get my hands on some Adderall?

Poor Kevin!

I have to say I was a bit more perturbed by the way Jules was bracing herself to actually eat than what she did to the calzone. That being said STFU Bethenny and Carole. 

Poor Kevin!

Michael is a steaming piece of shit! During an emergency, he doesn't return his wife's tons of calls she started making at 2 and strolls in at 8pm barking orders? His little ass would have gotten tossed up that night!

Poor Kevin!

Seeing Heather makes me realize I don't miss her. 

Poor Kevin!

Luann? YAS QUEEN! YAS QUEEN! YAS QUEEN! To hell with those bitches indeed. 

Yep.  Except I miss Heather.... a lot!  Could you imagine Heather's response to Beth's endless tale of bleeding?  Suck it up momma.  It could be worse.  Your kid could be the one who was sick.  Same goes for Jules. 

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I wonder if this comment will be addressed at the Reunion.  I would imagine that, if it were made by any other housewife, from any franchise, Andy would be jumping all over this, but given that Bethenny made the comment, it won't be mentioned at all.

I continue to lose respect for Bethenny.  I loved her in Season 1 and 2, loved her on her own shows, but since her return to RHofNY, her likability factor just keeps going down, week after week after week.

No one will address that comment if they know what's good for them or else they will face her wrath! Andy might bring it up so that she can try to spin it into something else explain it though.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Did anyone else notice that Bravo forgot to bleep Ramona when she dropped the F bomb while talking to Luann?  The closed captioning on my TV disguised the word (F---), but they needn't have bothered, as it was broadcast, unfiltered. Interesting!

I missed this so I went back and rewatched their conversation at the end of the episode and didn't notice an F bomb from Ramona, bleeped or not. i can't bear to watch it a third time to see what I missed. Ha!

• Love 3

My guess is Jules was trying to be campy by putting the silverware in the calzone-a subtle revolt at being invited to such a mundane activity.  I was more concerned with Ramona's lack of manners.  Maybe Jules just doesn't like pizza or calzones.  It is a change of pace to have someone out there.  Maybe next week she will wear mismatched socks. 

• Love 6