Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Steel Calzones

• Start Topic

(edited)

Every time I see ED, I think "erectile dysfunction."

Somebody referred to Jules' bruised vulva... hematomas are freaky, nasty looking things (don't google unless you aren't squeamish).  She's not dealing with some black and blue bruising that's cosmetic and sore -- picture a pocket of blood the size of a baseball growing under your skin there and how much just about every movement would hurt.  

She does seem peculiarly excited about sharing the details, of course, which is strange, but I'm sure she also felt like it was her lock on staying beyond one year, so she was running with it.  

Or, if I want to be cynical, I flash back to Kim Richards' glee at any excuse for a surgical hospitalization because... medication.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Bethenny refused to talk about this stuff when she first came back, when the battle was raging.  She hasn't -- that I've witnessed -- refused to talk about anything lately.  And I seriously doubt Bethenny is worried about Luann stealing her boyfriend; that's just ridiculous.

Bethenny herself said she and other women would hesitate to introduce their significant others to LuAnn for fear of Lu pursuing those men.m 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Bethenny herself said she and other women would hesitate to introduce their significant others to LuAnn for fear of Lu pursuing those men.m 

I have to say, I don't think Bethenny would feel threatened by LuAnn either. That's not how she rolls.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, politichick said:

I have to say, I don't think Bethenny would feel threatened by LuAnn either. That's not how she rolls.

Then maybe if she doesn't feel that way she should not make such a statement. This is on film, not an opinion. I believe she went so far as to say she would rather tell Luann she is dating Satan.  She did it to further slut shame Luann.  All the while she is banging a married guy.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

Jules knew what she was getting into. It's not like this is the first season of the show. This is a well-established franchise, and Jules had plenty of opportunity to study up on past seasons. If she made the choice to go on this type of show, knowing she has an eating disorder that she's going to be discussing on camera. That pretty much negates any right to privacy, or even delicacy, she might have otherwise expected. It's not Bravo's, or the other cast members', job to fix Jules' problems. It's Jules' job to fix her problems, and to know that going on a TV show of this nature is very likely to highlight and exacerbate those problems. It's everyone else's job to create drama. They're doing their job.

I have no doubt the two SkinnyHags chose to make it their job to highlight, point out, whisper about, gossip about, and outright mock Jules' eating disorder from the moment they met her.  That doesn't mean I have to like it, enjoy it, or not think the absolute worst of Carole and Bethenny for their choice to be SkinnyHags about it.

• Love 19
(edited)
17 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Ahhh, Luann, she won this whole episode and was barely in it. Get it, Countess.

Jules' behavior with the calzone was completely disturbing - putting all that stuff in it? The whole thing just makes me uncomfortable and I hope she gets help.

SO excited to see Kevin on here. If you want more of him, he's on Bethenny's snapchat literally every day. Kevin and Cookie are pretty much the stars of her snapchat. I feel like I know him, hi Kevin!

I'm becoming a little suspicious of Jules. I know a little about eating disorders, (like many women), and it almost seems like Jules is trying her hardest to use it as her storyline. One of the most distinctive characteristics of an ED is the sufferer's remarkable skill of hiding it. She seems to work hard to bring attention to the behavior, which baffles me. 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Bethenny refused to talk about this stuff when she first came back, when the battle was raging.  She hasn't -- that I've witnessed -- refused to talk about anything lately.  And I seriously doubt Bethenny is worried about Luann stealing her boyfriend; that's just ridiculous.

Bryn's custody was already decided and done in the courts before filming began last season and her divorce is still ongoing so it isn't any different from last season. She refused to acknowledge that she was in a relationship with a man last season and didn't "share" the news about her new man this season until recently even though she was "allegedly" dating him at the onset of filming. She didn't sharing anything beyond 1 episode about him and I really believe that that scene between her/Carole was filmed recently when she knew they were about to be busted in the tabloids/page 6. Oh, and no where in her conversation with Carole did she drop the bomb that he was/is married and has not filed for divorce from his current wife, even though she accused Luann of being a "Whore, Slut and F--- Doll" that "sleeps with married men". And, Yes, she did claim that she and the others were afraid to introduce their men to Luann for fear she would hit on them/steal them.

• Love 19

Okay, I'll try it again . . . full disclosure, I have just finished watching this episode and have not read a single comment on here.

1. Jules & Bethenny -- Jules needs to not take this so personally, i.e., Bethenny's comments about can you imagine if I had taken you to the doctors. Jules, herself, has admitted she's all over the place -- her mind is, her mouth is. I am very emotional, wear my heart on my sleeve, say whatever is on my mind -- I equate this with a friend saying, can you imagine me taking you to (wherever) & me saying, OMG, no, that would have been a disaster. And laughing about it.

2. Jules & Carole (and the whole eating disorder thing) -- I have been trying to not form any opinions about Jules' eating disorder, but to me it seemed that Carole was right on spot about that . . . that whole thing was just bizarre w/Jules at the pizza party. I don't "blame" Carole (or, for that matter any of the "girls" questioning Jules about her eating habits). That's what friends do -- they call each other out on shit & Jules put it out there. I am of the personal opinion that Jules putting all that shit in the calzone was just so she could avoid eating it.

3. Lou & Carole -- Sorry, but I'm on Carole's side on this one. Granted, it has dragged on for way too long and they are only friends for the show, but Lou get off your fucking high horse and just meet w/her for coffee. And, if she does that, Carole, drop it.

4. Sonja and getting rid of her stuff. Oh, man, I could so see where she was coming from. Totally. I have one child (grown now) but no other family -- my mother's dead & I had no relationship with her anyway, my father's is non-existent, my man who I lived w/for 17 years is dead so totally get her holding onto her "baby's" toys, etc, that reminded her of a happier time. I'm just now able to start getting rid of some stuff that I have clung to for years, because it brought back good memories.

5. Once again, Ramona has surprised me in this episode . . . somewhat of a voice of reason. Except, honestly, I still can't stand her -- lol.

6. Loved seeing Heather & Carole together again.

7. Dorinda, I'd be your besty any day!

8. Bethenny . . . I really do get what a lot of you on here say about her, but got to say, through all these years, she's the one I'd want for my friend. She's honest -- to a fault. She doesn't put up with bullshit. I think there's more going on w/Jason & his side of the family that we haven't heard and, thus, her extreme reaction about the whole operation, etc. She's the real deal to me and I don't think I've "drank the Kool-Aid" in this case because I have seen her go through all the years and yes, she's changed from when we first started seeing her on RHONY, but I get where she's at.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, booboomama said:

If a person willingly signs up to appear on a reality show, then, IMO, all bets are off.

Then why haven't we seen any of the relationships Beth or Ramona have had since their separations? If you can call another woman a whore on camera then certainly your hypocrisy in dating a married man yourself should be laid bare for the world to see as well. Hypocrisy may get you dragged a little on social media but Jules could end up in the hospital or worse--that's the difference.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Amen to this. She did tell Beth that she needs people to be honest when they think she is slipping. Can't say that and then be upset when folks are honest. The thing is, her deal with the ED impacts them in a way. She told Carole that she is looking to be a role model with regard to her recovery. She wants to be the voice of what it looks like to recover from an ED. Well, she clearly isn't in recovery, and I wouldn't want to have any part in her making people think that this is what recovery looks like. It would just be flat out irresponsible to ignore her behavior. She is clearly not being honest, and it is beyond scary to watch. It might not be nice to point out, but FUCK nice. This shit could kill her. 

Exactly.  She brought it up.  She made it a storyline.  She is obviously NOT in recovery, or at least not one that is working.  I think she uses "kosher" as yet another excuse to not eat food as well.  I saw her touching fishsticks, but not actually eating them.  She loves to prepare food, to serve food, to go overboard with her 'smears' because food is her obsession, and denying herself food gives her a feeling of power.  Forks, and knives in the calzone from a person with active disease is not a joke.  She's sick.  I would have asked MORE.  

At the same time, apparently they all knew her marriage was a joke, but each of them respected that and let it alone, because she didn't bring it up to them. 

5 hours ago, SnarkKitty said:

Heather!!! Holla!!

Yes, it was. And I rewound that scene a couple of times. She makes a cut, then leans in slightly, backs up again and takes a little breath and exhales, then puts it in her mouth. That was a lot of extra drama for someone who has no problem. And baking all that crazy shit in there wasn't a joke, it was meant so she had a good excuse not to eat it, ha ha ...?  That said, I don't think she's a mean person, just needy. But I can't feel too bad for these folks, there's a reason you don't see my ass on reality tv, because my business is mine. Can't join the freak show and then complain the rest of the freaks are behaving badly.   

It was immediately obvious how real the friendship is between Carole and Heather, vs the relationship Carole has with Bethenny.

Hey, mama! :) That's what I'm talking about, (IMO) Louann hasn't yet sincerely apologized to the level of her actual offense or has tried to make any amends in a real way. It's always a joke. However, the truth is she doesn't really give a fuck about making up with Carole, she's just trying to be on trips and in scenes with her and Bethenny for camera time. So she should either suck it up and act her ass off, or let it go and say screw it. Which leads to:

Yaass! She is feeling her Tom oats, and his declarations of wanting to marry her had her right back on her Countess-ness. Because before that, she was whining and crying and bringing gifts to other people's birthdays for Bethenny. Which I'm sure Bethenny couldn't give a damn about Louann's trip. But it was very telling as soon as she got her footing and could brag about marrying her "millionaire" (so crass, Louann) she was all "fuck Beth and Carole." 

Yeah, Jules is a walking talking ad for Ana and Mia. 

As far as Luann, no she never offered a real apology, only show apologies, and none of those were sincere.  Still, Carole doesn't want to be her friend, or visa versa.  "FriendLY" is fine with Carole, she just doesn't want to go on trips with her.  I hope the odious "countess" crap doesn't come back simply because she has a ring on her finger.  I like free and easy Lu, bawdy and happy, not pretentious Lu or desperate Lu.

5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Carole/Bethenny’s reaction to Jules at Wild…my uneducated on the subject ass would have been 1000 times worse.  I would have been horrified and would likely have asked much more insensitive questions because the girl keeps talking about how open she is with her eating disorder.  I would have said why did you do that and not tell me before I started eating from it? It reminded me of the time Alexis Bellino poured ketchup over the dessert so she would not eat it.

---

I don’t think this will play out well for her during divorce proceedings.  Anything M***** Mike supposedly has done has not been filmed, we only have Jules stories about it. I can him using footage from this show and spinning it to show her lackluster parenting skillz. I.e. when interviewing the nanny she is asking about standing in line for a sample sale as opposed to child care.

She called Rio “butthole” when Dorinda was over at her place.

Yeah, I think she thought the show would help her prove hubby was unfit and an asshole.  Well, he is, but hello lady, you are a very very sick woman, and unfit as well.  Bad call there hon.  I'm sure the eating disorder crowd will flock to her cleanse though, as well as normal people who want to lose a few pounds, because who has better concoctions to make you thin than an anorexic/bulimic? 

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Jules was very disturbing last night.  She leads by announcing her ED, because she thinks it will make others back off and not question her.  She then announces her frequent therapy, and that she only goes because ........  Well, my opinion is she goes or they cut off her meds.  In fact, she all but said that.  And there are perfectly appropriate reasons for an adult to be on Adderall.  ADHD doesn't just stop when you reach adulthood.  So some adults need a stimulant to properly function in their work or school life.  The problem is, Jules is using it for energy and an appetite suppressant.  If she was truly ADHD, a stimulant wouldn't hype her up, it would help her focus.  She is not focused or organized.  She can't keep things straight with a nanny and a housekeeper. 

I feel for her.  She's a mess.  I don't get why she came on the show when her marriage was falling apart, and her ED was raging, but she's not the first housewife to make such a mistake.  Carole should save her concerns for when the camera's off, but I get the concern.  It's much easier to look the other way, and that's what most people do.  I am not that type of person.  I refuse to enable a friend into the grave, and there's no way in hell I would just laugh along with Jules's "wackiness".  If the rumors are true that Jules hasn't been asked back, it has to be because of her fragile condition.  Otherwise she's exactly the kind of mess this show loves.

And next week it looks like she's talking to her doctor about her "vagina".  Wow.  This woman is experiencing a failing marriage, an active ED, a chaotic home, a father with health issues - and they're focusing on her bruised vulva.  An indicator of Jules's current condition is she doesn't see anything wrong with this.  The show is playing along with Jules just like they play along with Sonja's grandiosity.  The joke is on them, but they think they're the star.

Agree.  Total mess.  She was growing on me, but I don't want to watch someone die.  I don't think Bravo does either, and the evidence that her disease is raging is obvious.  I think they brought her on because she talked a good game about her recovery, and the longer they film with her, the more they know that is a complete lie.

I agree that she goes to her doc because she needs those meds refilled. 

It's all very sad.  I keep thinking of Karen Carpenter.  There is thin, and then there is skeletal with no tone at all in what's left of muscles. 

1 hour ago, booboomama said:

I might be in the minority here, but I do not find fault in Carole or Bethenny's comments or behavior towards Jules's apparent eating disorder.  If a person willingly signs up to appear on a reality show, then, IMO, all bets are off. That person has no expectation - from anyone - of being treated with kindness, fairness, etc. It's a TV show! Has she never watched it?? The only reason anyone appears on it is for selfish reasons to promote their own agenda. Perhaps it wasn't the best decision for a fragile, anxiety-ridden, anorexic woman in a bad marriage to sign up for this show. That's no one's fault but her own. She opened herself up for this shit and if she's not tough enough to take it then she needs to get out. No one gets treated with kid gloves. That being said - are Carole and Bethenny the nicest people -- no. But then again, no one who goes on these shows is.

You aren't in the minority, don't let number of posts throw you.  We have a healthy mix of people here and opinions.  I think they are all nuts, and all fun too.  Well, Jules has lost me now, because I don't want to watch someone seriously ill, but other than that?  Meh.  Dorinda really bothers me when she goes on her frequent drunk as a skunk rants, but sober she's OK too.

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Her food issues make me uncomfortable as well.  But I am not sure what I think the others should do about it since the cat is out of the bag re the ED.  Obviously Jules has made her eating disorder part of her story line while saying ask her anything, she is open about it.  If they ignore it I think people would be talking about that and how can they ignore someone clearly struggling and what self centered bitches they are.  If they talk about it, we talk about their insensitivity to her plight with the disorder and how can they be so insensitive to mention it to her face.  

Friends shouldn't stick their head in the sand and I think the ladies DO like Jules and her quirky self.  I guess they should take Jules at her word and be very direct with their line of questioning if they have concerns about how she is doing.  I think they were kind of shocked at her behavior that night cause it was off.  She couldn't get a word out when B finally told her to pick a verb, to the crazy purse o'pills, the the vag pics, to the um strange filling in the calzone and god knows what else I forgot.  Clearly she wasn't quite herself (I understand since her Lilliputian husband was cheating on her at that time).

I agree they were shocked.  I don't think Carole was rude at all, she was interested, and she was getting to know her, and when all there really is about this woman is her self-confessed eating disorders and her horrible marriage, which she hasn't officially disclosed?  AND there is food all around that she's acting incredibly strange about? 

1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

Jules knew what she was getting into. It's not like this is the first season of the show. This is a well-established franchise, and Jules had plenty of opportunity to study up on past seasons. If she made the choice to go on this type of show, knowing she has an eating disorder that she's going to be discussing on camera. That pretty much negates any right to privacy, or even delicacy, she might have otherwise expected. It's not Bravo's, or the other cast members', job to fix Jules' problems. It's Jules' job to fix her problems, and to know that going on a TV show of this nature is very likely to highlight and exacerbate those problems. It's everyone else's job to create drama. They're doing their job.

So much truth. 

3 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

I'm becoming a little suspicious of Jules. I know a little about eating disorders, (like many women), and it almost seems like Jules is trying her hardest to use it as her storyline. One of the most distinctive characteristics of an ED is the sufferer's remarkable skill of hiding it. She seems to work hard to bring attention to the behavior, which baffles me. 

I think she's still proud of it, loves for it to be talked about so she can then act all indignant.  She needs a much better doctor and a hell of a lot fewer meds.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I couldn't figure out if the pained expression was because Jules just didn't want to eat anything, or because Carole's pizza was made with all veggies and vegan cheese.  I am not a vegan or vegetarian, but I would assume that unless you are, vegan cheese may be less than tasty, especially to someone who doesn't eat much of anything to begin with.

This is a great point. I love everything about food and search out great ingredients, recipes, chefs, and restaurants. My friend always tries to push her vegan stuff on me, and I hate it because I'm very discriminating about my calories and don't want to waste them unless it's really worth it. Until your post, I hadn't thought of it that way.

• Love 9

Luann -

Oh honey, you don't need them because you are spending the winter in Palm Beach, blah, blah , blah.  I don't like this needy Luann at all.  Crowing about how fabulous your new life will be is not the behavior I expected of Luann.

Dorinda and Bethenny in the closet -

OMG, how hysterical are these two.  I tell you if I was looking for a closet purge I would call Bethenny.  Loved her stepping over the shoe boxes and declaring Dorinda needs a new toilet seat.  And absolutely if I was headed for a doctors visit I would call Dorinda.  Or I could call Jules who can't even make a cup of tea to help me ask good questions and make informed decisions.

Jules -

No Jules telling you that you aren't a good healthcare advocate is the truth.  You can't think straight.  You lack the most basic life skills.  You love acting all goofy.  So no one things you're clever.  They think you are sweet but stupid.

I won't bore anyone with her ED. But if she didn't want people to comment on it then DON'T TELL THEM TO KEEP YOU HONEST.  So far we have the I can't eat because of Kosher, I don't need breakfast because I ate before my guests arrive, I can't eat my pizza because I put drugs and silverware in it.  I'm waiting for the oops I dropped my plate but I'd already eaten most of it.  Yes I've lived with an anorexic.  And it isn't damned if you do and damned if you don't.  It's damned if you do and dead if you don't.  This is not something that she should trot out on reality tv for a story line.  She needs to be in care.

Sonja -

zzzzzzzzzzz

Carol -

I'm sorry but I didn't see the mean girl in her questioning of Jules. 

• Love 10

Upthread someone posted in the middle of other Jules criticisms that she called her daughter 'butthole.'  Nope.  Jules said, 'abajo!' as Rio was holding her stuffed animal and walking downstairs, holding the nanny's hand.  She's trying to speak a little Spanish, which is something she and Michael seem to value. 

That little girl is the cuteness to me. 

• Love 11
(edited)
21 minutes ago, MaryTylerMoore said:

Then why haven't we seen any of the relationships Beth or Ramona have had since their separations? If you can call another woman a whore on camera then certainly your hypocrisy in dating a married man yourself should be laid bare for the world to see as well. Hypocrisy may get you dragged a little on social media but Jules could end up in the hospital or worse--that's the difference.

Because there are other people involved, pure and simple.  Ramona and Bethenny have agreed to film part of their lives for the cameras, but that doesn't mean whomever they are involved with or dating want to be on a cheesy reality show too.  They both also learned first hand what that does to their relationships and how it changes them.  Why would they do it again?

29 minutes ago, berly57 said:

Okay, I'll try it again . . . full disclosure, I have just finished watching this episode and have not read a single comment on here.

1. Jules & Bethenny -- Jules needs to not take this so personally, i.e., Bethenny's comments about can you imagine if I had taken you to the doctors. Jules, herself, has admitted she's all over the place -- her mind is, her mouth is. I am very emotional, wear my heart on my sleeve, say whatever is on my mind -- I equate this with a friend saying, can you imagine me taking you to (wherever) & me saying, OMG, no, that would have been a disaster. And laughing about it.

2. Jules & Carole (and the whole eating disorder thing) -- I have been trying to not form any opinions about Jules' eating disorder, but to me it seemed that Carole was right on spot about that . . . that whole thing was just bizarre w/Jules at the pizza party. I don't "blame" Carole (or, for that matter any of the "girls" questioning Jules about her eating habits). That's what friends do -- they call each other out on shit & Jules put it out there. I am of the personal opinion that Jules putting all that shit in the calzone was just so she could avoid eating it.

3. Lou & Carole -- Sorry, but I'm on Carole's side on this one. Granted, it has dragged on for way too long and they are only friends for the show, but Lou get off your fucking high horse and just meet w/her for coffee. And, if she does that, Carole, drop it.

4. Sonja and getting rid of her stuff. Oh, man, I could so see where she was coming from. Totally. I have one child (grown now) but no other family -- my mother's dead & I had no relationship with her anyway, my father's is non-existent, my man who I lived w/for 17 years is dead so totally get her holding onto her "baby's" toys, etc, that reminded her of a happier time. I'm just now able to start getting rid of some stuff that I have clung to for years, because it brought back good memories.

5. Once again, Ramona has surprised me in this episode . . . somewhat of a voice of reason. Except, honestly, I still can't stand her -- lol.

6. Loved seeing Heather & Carole together again.

7. Dorinda, I'd be your besty any day!

8. Bethenny . . . I really do get what a lot of you on here say about her, but got to say, through all these years, she's the one I'd want for my friend. She's honest -- to a fault. She doesn't put up with bullshit. I think there's more going on w/Jason & his side of the family that we haven't heard and, thus, her extreme reaction about the whole operation, etc. She's the real deal to me and I don't think I've "drank the Kool-Aid" in this case because I have seen her go through all the years and yes, she's changed from when we first started seeing her on RHONY, but I get where she's at.

I loved this.  For point 8?  I agree there is a lot more going on with Jason and his family.  His mother was involved in the forgery or whatever it was that the judge finally threw out of court about the condo Bethenny bought too.  Catholic church 3 times a day?  I wouldn't want that for my child either!  Jason and his lazy passive aggressive asshole behavior?  Beers around the pool table with his buddies?  No job, living off his ex wife's money?  I never could stand Jason. 

7 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Luann -

Oh honey, you don't need them because you are spending the winter in Palm Beach, blah, blah , blah.  I don't like this needy Luann at all.  Crowing about how fabulous your new life will be is not the behavior I expected of Luann.

OMG, how hysterical are these two.  I tell you if I was looking for a closet purge I would call Bethenny.  Loved her stepping over the shoe boxes and declaring Dorinda needs a new toilet seat.  And absolutely if I was headed for a doctors visit I would call Dorinda.  Or I could call Jules who can't even make a cup of tea to help me ask good questions and make informed decisions.

Jules -

No Jules telling you that you aren't a good healthcare advocate is the truth.  You can't think straight.  You lack the most basic life skills.  You love acting all goofy.  So no one things you're clever.  They think you are sweet but stupid.

I won't bore anyone with her ED. But if she didn't want people to comment on it then DON'T TELL THEM TO KEEP YOU HONEST.  So far we have the I can't eat because of Kosher, I don't need breakfast because I ate before my guests arrive, I can't eat my pizza because I put drugs and silverware in it.  I'm waiting for the oops I dropped my plate but I'd already eaten most of it.  Yes I've lived with an anorexic.  And it isn't damned if you do and damned if you don't.  It's damned if you do and dead if you don't.  This is not something that she should trot out on reality tv for a story line.  She needs to be in care.

Sonja -

zzzzzzzzzzz

Carol -

Agree.  I'm most bothered about Luann reverting into the crashing bore she used to be.  I hope not!  I like free and easy Lu, but honestly, she seems so relieved to have a ring on it again and that is honestly bothering me.  You don't need that to be a woman or a valuable one, so I think it's a lot about money and security. 

Sorry, but I always have and I always will like women who earn it more than women who marry it.  I just do.

ETA

I hope I'm wrong and she's just happy to be a twosome again and have regular squirts.

Also, I don't think Sonja is lying about the "friends with benefits for 10 years" thing, or about not thinking he was the marrying kind.  I think Luann just played her cards better.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Because there are other people involved, pure and simple.  Ramona and Bethenny have agreed to film part of their lives for the cameras, but that doesn't mean whomever they are involved with or dating want to be on a cheesy reality show too.  They both also learned first hand what that does to their relationships and how it changes them.  Why would they do it again?

Interesting that you quoted me vs the 10 others who basically said the same thing. Their relationships, sexual or otherwise aren't even mentioned on camera and that's bullshit. You don't get to call someone a whore for the exact same behavior you perform. 

Edited by MaryTylerMoore
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, MaryTylerMoore said:

Interesting that you quoted me vs the 10 others who basically said the same thing. Their relationships, sexual or otherwise aren't even mentioned on camera and that's bullshit. You don't get to call someone a whore for the exact same behavior you perform. 

Yours just happened to pop up while I was finishing.  I meant to mention it before but forgot and your post reminded me.  ????

Not all men want to be filmed on a reality show, actually, I'll go even further than that and say most of the men I would have any interest in absolutely would not allow it. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Slakkie said:

I almost fell of my chair when Sonja DYED her dog.  A dog is not an accessory, you do not DYE YOUR DOGS.

These people are the most irresponsible pet owners, Ramona's dog that craps everywhere, Carole and her pretend (borrowed dog) and now a DYED dog.  Sad to say Bethenny's Cookie is the most "normal" dog.

Last weeks ridiculous parade of backyard bred dogs prancing around in clothes to raise awareness for "puppy mills" (where I bet half came from made me want to vomit. 

I show dogs (my dog actually got a Group 2 at Westminster this year) and I would never sell a dog to any of these ass clowns (believe me when I say it is easier to get a mortgage then a dog from me the few times I breed).  It is bad enough they are irresponsible with themselves but a dog is not a purse or a toaster!

Congratulations! And thank you for being a responsible breeder. <3

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm sure the eating disorder crowd will flock to her cleanse though, as well as normal people who want to lose a few pounds, because who has better concoctions to make you thin than an anorexic/bulimic? 

This seems brutal...

...unless it's applied to Bethenny, in which case I tire my wrists by high-fiving a bunch of baby angels!

Using connections at the actually respected, actual producer of healthy fast foods, Praeger Co. (partner in Jules' drink) and getting coveted shelf space in Whole Foods seems like what someone who is right on trend with a 'functional' nutrition-based drink would want.  Jules also said, explicitly, that she regarded moving forward with this was a way to try and strengthen her recovery - I don't know what else she can say.  She's apparently struggling.  I got no hate for someone who seems to be trying, and who seems to have hit on an idea with good possibilities...

...whereas I think you could look at someone who plasters Skinny all over her stuff (...destined for Marshalls/no hate since that's where I get my drawers) including even her shitty patronizing chick-lit, in a rather different light.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 17

I had read on Daily Mail (I think) that Jules most likely will not be asked back. Supposedly, Bravo does not want another divorced/getting divorced housewife on the show. Who knows? May all just be speculation. I almost wonder if Jules will be too fragile to return to the show, if asked. The divorce mess, the eating disorder, so much stress, etc. If she is having three therapist appointments a week--that is a lot! I really feel very bad for her.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I had read on Daily Mail (I think) that Jules most likely will not be asked back. Supposedly, Bravo does not want another divorced/getting divorced housewife on the show. Who knows? May all just be speculation. I almost wonder if Jules will be too fragile to return to the show, if asked. The divorce mess, the eating disorder, so much stress, etc. If she is having three therapist appointments a week--that is a lot! I really feel very bad for her.

Or they don't want someone who is dying, or may die from being in denial about her disease.  They spend more time with her than we see.

I googled her drink, but kept getting redirected to Garrett Ruhland, CEO of Modern AlkaMe.  Finally found hers Modern Alkeme.  That may explain her going into the spelling of her product.   Interesting.  You are supposed to drink it 3 times a day, here are the ingredients.  http://www.modernalkeme.com/ 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Luann -

Jules -

Sonja -

zzzzzzzzzzz

Carol -

I think Dorinda gave Jules a heads up that Bethnny was talking about her having an E when they first met, before Jules shared this information on camera and that Jules decided to introduce the topic herself to Bethenny in hopes that B would back off. Sadly, Jules though B would have some compassion towards her and her struggle based on what Dorinda told her and she was wrong, WRONG! Jules ED is just fodder for Bethenny's nasty comments, B doesn't give a dang about Jules.

40 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Yours just happened to pop up while I was finishing.  I meant to mention it before but forgot and your post reminded me.  ????

Not all men want to be filmed on a reality show, actually, I'll go even further than that and say most of the men I would have any interest in absolutely would not allow it. 

Really, the guys don't have to appear on camera and the women don't even need to give their full names (first only) but to play like they aren't dating at all or that they are in a real relationship is BS and Bethenny knows this, She got called out on this exact behavior last season. She didn't/doesn't want anyone to have any ammo against her for the very same things she accuses the others of doing.

• Love 9

Mentioning the men is the same thing as far as turning the hounds loose on them though, as we've already seen with the guy Bethenny is seeing.

I think Jules was given the job partially because she wanted to be, as she said, a spokeswoman for healing from all of her eating disorders.  You can't be a spokeswoman and not discuss it.

(edited)
57 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Jules wouldn't be the first person to take to the doctor but there was no reason to say it. Jules was giving Dorinda a compliment about how she was a good person to bring and Bethanny immediately turned it around as an insult to Jules, like most things that Bethanny said there was just no reason to say it.

This.  As someone else said, I think Jules may be a little nervous around Beth.  Beth never lets up.  She is exhausting.  Her "I need a verb" was so rude.

I do feel bad for Beth and her condition.  It is scary when you don't have anyone you can count on.  That may be her own fault, but still.

I feel very, very bad for Jules.  Her life is falling apart and she has a history of eating disorder.

BTW, I thank those of you who are knowledgeable about eating disorders -- I have very little knowledge.  (But great empathy, as a high strung anxious person.)   So, someone with an ED doesn't mind putting the food out and doesn't WANT to eat it?  I would think it would be the opposite.

I didn't get the feeling Carole was mocking Jules.  

Dorinda is a very good friend when she is not drinking and feeling attacked.  

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 5

I feel very, very bad for Jules.  Her life is falling apart and she has a history of eating disorder.

Not history. Jules is active in her disease. She told Bethenny that she likes to share the knowledge since the disease is so strong and people knowing helps her be honest. But it is not unusual that she would be angry when they do keep her honest.  And Bethenny said nothing to her at the dinner (that we saw). So all this blathering about Bethenny questioning her integrity is deflection. Carol did speak straight to her in a very nice way. But seriously adderal for an anorexic?  Sheesh

• Love 9
(edited)

Luann took Ramona´s annoying Carole yapping like a boss. R´s jealousy is showing, like a lot. It really tells you that Carole is insignificant when the countess wont even crawl in the dust a little after her. I hope she sticks to her "I´m done".

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 11
(edited)

Honestly, as the Vulture review said better than I can, http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-recap-season-8-episode-13.html

I don't understand why Jules gets her twat all bruised after Bethenny jokes to her, "Thank God it wasn't you who I was with," when she was bleeding from her cooch and had to go to the hospital. Jules likes to portray herself as a scatterbrained airhead. She is the kind of woman who makes a huge display out of not being able to make tea and struggling with her children even though she has a nanny. If she's going to play that part, she can't expect people to think that she's dependable in a crisis.

Jules is not someone I'd want to bring with me to the doctor during a serious health crisis, or frankly, for any reason.  She's not capable of taking care of herself, let alone her kids, or someone else. 

Dorinda was a champ there, thank God she was sober for once.  Carole would have been OK, but lacks that mothering vibe Dorinda exuded and Bethenny needed.  Ramona and Luann might have been OK too, if cameras weren't running and they were sober, hell I'd choose off camera Sonja over Jules!  Some people are good with things like that and some are useless.  That doesn't make them bad people.  LOTS of credit to Dorinda though, because she was able to be a rock, and pay attention to the doctor, even thought cameras were outside waiting for her. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Mentioning the men is the same thing as far as turning the hounds loose on them though, as we've already seen with the guy Bethenny is seeing.

I think Jules was given the job partially because she wanted to be, as she said, a spokeswoman for healing from all of her eating disorders.  You can't be a spokeswoman and not discuss it.

Bethenny is stalked by the paps on a regular basis, so she knew it would come out sooner or later. And saying a guys first name isn't "turning the hounds loose" on them. I am sure there are a few hundred guys in NY with the same first name as Bethenny's married bf. What she didn't want out was that she is in a relationship with a married man, someone that has yet to file for divorce and the husband of someone that was once her friend of 20+ years. She is a hypocrite of the highest order IMO. She claims she is an open book, honest to a fault and that just isn't the truth by a long shot. She is a liar, and gets her rocks off causing others pain/embarrassment for sport. 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Not history. Jules is active in her disease. She told Bethenny that she likes to share the knowledge since the disease is so strong and people knowing helps her be honest. But it is not unusual that she would be angry when they do keep her honest.  And Bethenny said nothing to her at the dinner (that we saw). So all this blathering about Bethenny questioning her integrity is deflection. Carol did speak straight to her in a very nice way. But seriously adderal for an anorexic?  Sheesh

I understand.  My point was that she is fragile.

• Love 8
(edited)

She went on a reality show to be a role model for her disease, and that means discussing it, educating people, that's what SHE said she wanted.  If questions were inappropriate, and I don't think they were given her crazy behavior, that was her chance to SAY that.  Educate!  Say "That's not helpful to say to someone who is struggling with an eating disorder because...."  

I really think that hook was how she was hired, then Bravo discovered she is in no way healed, let alone healthy, so if they dump her that will be the reason.  They don't want to be irresponsible and film someone that fragile, because ED can and has killed people.  If normal housewife banter/questions/interactions are making her worse?  More reasons to let her go.  They film a lot more than we will ever see.

Those are her words about using the show as a platform to become a role model for ED, though we now know she was about to dump the husband and might have wanted film evidence of his lack of involvement with the kids should custody issues ensue.  Instead, she's given him all the film he probably needs to fight that battle in court.

This show was a mistake for her.  I feel awful for her and her disease, but this isn't helping, and she's practically getting kid glove treatment already compared to most.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, breezy424 said:

WTF was with the utensils in the calzone?  Did I miss something?

Beth is losing her 'team'.  The members are slowly defecting.  Sorry Carole, you're not in the best position to ask or preach about eating disorders.  You're not anorexic but you're pretty thin and then we have 'skinny' girl putting her two cents in.  Yeah, Jules seems to be pretty underweight but you need to know more before you go down that road.  Jules may have made tremendous progress from where she's been.  The meds do seem concerning though...

Oh, give me a break with sudden discovery of the 'stained' pillow in the car.  And yep, your employees are your family because you can control them. If they want their job, they have to be your audience and say what you want to hear.  I really do feel sorry for Bryn.  Your mother's worst nightmare is leaving you in the care of your father's family.  I guess employees would be better.  Isn't Bryn's legal guardian a nanny by Beth's choice instead of Bryn's grandparents?  Sad.  I liked Julie but she's only the Catholic godmother.

Way to go Lu.   Lu did apologize again after the Berkshires.  And it was totally immature and rude for Carole and Beth not to RSVP.  Glad to hear that the women are going to Florida.  And Sonja gets invited.  Carole and Beth can sulk back in NY. 

I actually agree with your entire post, but the pillow thing made me crazy.  I wouldn't have been so annoyed if I had seen it a couple of weeks ago - but then someone was so kind as to post a link to an article about what an absolute farce the "Lost At Sea" story was, and now I don't believe a damn word that comes out of Bethenny's mouth.  I used to just think she exaggerated or embellished, but now I'm convinced that she is absolutely full of shit.  

This is all coming from someone who was a loyal fan of hers from day one until this season, too.  I think she's been an absolute ass and has ruined a good, nutty dynamic - even though I do agree with her stance on a lot of the LuAnn stuff.   She just went too far, and now the Mean Girls stuff is just totally embarassing.  How old are we??  Her ego is unmatched.  She's a bulldozer and nothing is off limits to her.  

Yeah, it was a real coincidence that the "bloody" pillow just showed up and had to be taken out of the car to illustrate her "massive loss of blood".  That pillow was not stained by "heavy bleeding" by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm not denying that she had heavy bleeding, either - but that pillow was not a good piece of evidence with which to try to prove it. 

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, parisprincess said:

If all the women give up their right to privacy by joining the show, then Bethanny didn't get the memo.  She wants her personal life to be off limits, so the others should have the same right.  Of course, it would sure be boring if ALL the women were allowed to make demands of Andy like Bethanny is allowed to do.

IMO, Jules being willing to talk about her ED doesn't include talking about it behind her back like Carole and Bethanny when Jules and Dorinda went outside for a cigarette. On WWHL, when Carole was asked about Beth and her being mean girls, she took offense and said they're not in the eighth grade. Well then, Carole, stop acting like you are.

Someone up thread said something about Jules' husband using footage from the show in their divorce proceedings. What would he use it for?  Surely he's not interested in getting custody of the kids.  From what we've seen, he has no interest in caring for them as it is.

They have to take several seats when they want to make something part of their storyline and then don't want it discussed except in the way in which they want it discussed. Forget the show; life doesn't work like that. I said the same thing last year when Beth wanted to talk about how hard it all was being alone raising her daughter, but then seemed to take offense when anyone asked her a question about how hard it must be (namely Heather). 

Jules wanted to make her ED part of her story. Maybe the main part of her story. She wanted to talk about it. Carole said that the first time she heard about the ED was on camera. Jules never said anything to her about it when the cameras weren't rolling and was clearly up for the conversation. She has said she is very open about it. The others are giving her what she seemed to want in the way that they are giving her the opportunity to discuss something that she said she wanted to discuss. 

Is talking behind someone's back nice? Not at all. But I would have to struggle very, very hard to find a single person I know who wouldn't have started yapping about what had just happened the minute Jules walked away. That was some seriously fucked up shit going on in that restaurant. They weren't talking about something secretive or private. They were talking about what they had just seen, which was on camera. They were discussing what they thought about what had just happened on camera

Her ED is very sad, and clearly she is in the middle of it. I feel exactly the same way about this that I did Kim and her supposed recovery. You cannot come on the show, want to make something your storyline, then do something strange on camera, and expect for others to not comment on what they just saw. It doesn't work like this on reality TV, or in the real world. 

• Love 14
(edited)

To clarify one thing, when I say the ED is Jules' own business, I don't mean she shouldn't expect to talk about it on the show. Talking more about the idea that Carole and Bethenny have a duty to be rude to her about it and are somehow rescuing her by doing so.

Edited by innocuouspuff
  • Love 15

In the poetic words of my favorite Bard, Kathryn Calhoun Dennis, "Nerp!"

OMG I rewound that part about 10 times.  It was too hilarious.  Kadooz for mentioning it again and reminding me of the brilliance of "NERP."  

Back to NY:

Let's give Jules the benefit of the doubt with the pizza.  Maybe the cutlery wasn't kosher?  

And I do find it very disrespectful of Bethenny and Carole to make fun of Jules' eating disorder, especially when they are brand new friends/coworkers/whatever.  They're being extremely judgmental, not helpful.  "115 pounds! Bwah!  Maybe 115 ounces!!"  Come on, that's just rude.  And of course Bethenny thinks it's hilarious.  

• Love 8

It's funny because I began reading this forum last night before I'd actually watched the show. I was prepared to see Beth and Carole start hammering away at Jules, causing her to flee the room in tears. I must have missed them being so rude to her about her ED. Carole was asking her questions. Jules has said more than once that she is very open about her ED. To my knowledge, she hasn't ever told anyone that questions are off limits, or that they make her uncomfortable. She and Carole had a very nice moment early in the season when Carole told her she was brave for sharing, and Jules said it was important to her because she wanted to be an advocate and make others aware that there was hope. So Carole asked her questions. I don't think Carole meant to be rude, but I think she was alarmed. And shocked. And incredulous. Kind of like I was when my MIL, who has been in recovery for alcoholism for years, told me that she really isn't drinking. She just likes to have a beer now and then. I started asking questions like crazy. I absolutely didn't see Beth be rude to her, unless expressing shock that someone was so loony as to bake a calzone with metal instruments in it is rude. 

I think that one of the things that is most interesting - as always - is the editing. Others talk about Beth being some type of Bravo favorite, but it looks very much like the plan this season was to make Beth and Carole look like the bad guys. To make folks hate them. Maybe they are the bad guys and should be hated. I'm not sure, but the thing that strikes me is that you only ever hear Beth and Carole in their TH interviews talking about Jules. Does anyone believe that they are the only ones who were saying anything? They all get questions in their interviews about the things that are going on during the season. Hard to believe that production never asked Ramona, or Lu, or Sonja, or Dorinda what they thought. Never caught them rolling their eyes or whispering under their breath about her. I just don't believe that no one else ever said anything. But what we are being show is only Beth and Carole talking about her. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

She went on a reality show to be a role model for her disease, and that means discussing it, educating people, that's what SHE said she wanted.  If questions were inappropriate, and I don't think they were given her crazy behavior, that was her chance to SAY that.  Educate!  Say "That's not helpful to say to someone who is struggling with an eating disorder because...."  

I really think that hook was how she was hired, then Bravo discovered she is in no way healed, let alone healthy, so if they dump her that will be the reason.  They don't want to be irresponsible and film someone that fragile, because ED can and has killed people.  If normal housewife banter/questions/interactions are making her worse?  More reasons to let her go.  They film a lot more than we will ever see.

Those are her words about using the show as a platform to become a role model for ED, though we now know she was about to dump the husband and might have wanted film evidence of his lack of involvement with the kids should custody issues ensue.  Instead, she's given him all the film he probably needs to fight that battle in court.

This show was a mistake for her.  I feel awful for her and her disease, but this isn't helping, and she's practically getting kid glove treatment already compared to most.

But even if you want to be a role model for a particular cause, I personally don't think it's perennially your responsibility to make cruelty from others into teachable moments. To cite just one analogy, Joyce Giraud devoted most of her public platform during her time on the show to representing and advocating for people of color; indeed, she said she aspired to be an example of strength for ethnic minorities - especially the youth among those demographics that watched the franchise. It's not therefore her onus to instruct bigots like Brandi Glanville on what constitutes appropriate commentary on racial distinctions. 

This premise that Jules should just expect pejorative cattiness because she signed a contract to appear on camera is confounding to me. If we're talking about kid gloves, no one - even though she styles herself as the embodiment of truth - save Ramona has ever gotten brutally real with Bethenny about her track record of failed family relationships, destructive contributions to those failures, and general viciousness. And even Ro didn't really take it all the way to one hundred percent authenticity, which would have included an observation of the fact that Bethenny pere hated her so much he initially spurned her on his literal deathbed. None of Bethenny's opponents have noted that she's presently screwing a married man or that she was PDAing with dudes while still living in the same quarters as Bryn and Jason. Why? Presumably because these, uh, quote-unquote ladies actually have boundaries and general connections to their own humanity. 

Likewise, if a cast member struggling with obesity and overeating joined the cast and wanted to talk about her weight loss journey, it would be just as sick for B and Carole to gasp "she said she's 180, no way she's under 220," talk about how "she's much bigger than me and doesn't look healthy," and talked about how disturbing it looks watching her consume significant amounts of food. 

I'll also note that Jules may indeed feel a spark of pride when Bethenny remarks "no way she's over 95," which is why it's dangerous for people who just met someone with an eating disorder to initiate commentary beyond general supportiveness. But who gives a shit about diplomacy and language and sensitivity when it's a stranger who joined your workplace? 

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think that one of the things that is most interesting - as always - is the editing. Others talk about Beth being some type of Bravo favorite, but it looks very much like the plan this season was to make Beth and Carole look like the bad guys. To make folks hate them. Maybe they are the bad guys and should be hated. I'm not sure, but the thing that strikes me is that you only ever hear Beth and Carole in their TH interviews talking about Jules. Does anyone believe that they are the only ones who were saying anything? They all get questions in their interviews about the things that are going on during the season. Hard to believe that production never asked Ramona, or Lu, or Sonja, or Dorinda what they thought. Never caught them rolling their eyes or whispering under their breath about her. I just don't believe that no one else ever said anything. But what we are being show is only Beth and Carole talking about her. 

Dorinda spoke about Jules' eating disorder this episode in a TH.  She did it with kindness, though, and didn't make cracks about Jules being 115 ounces.

• Love 16

I didn't see it as rude OR as catty though.  Carole was asking questions.  They were all shocked by her behavior, filmed behavior, later and talked about it.

Not loving or hating any of them allows a certain objectivity, and frankly, none of these women are worth that much investment of emotion to me.  They are simply selling themselves for my entertainment, for money, or for fame, or for whatever reasons they have individually.  The more they mix it up, the more fun I have as they sell their souls.  Bring it on!

• Love 6

Both have almost exclusively utilized the topic of the mental health of a woman they just met as fodder for speculation, negative commentary, and out-and-out shade in their talking heads and private dialogue between themselves.

Yes. I remember liking Carole so much the first season, in part because of a single -- at the time apropos -- comment to Ramona. The two women were at some cafe. Ramona, per usual, was bitching about someone, and Carole calmly said, "Well, Ramona -- she is who she is and you are who you are -- it's fine." It was so refreshing, at the time, to have one of the Housewives respond that way. Now, three years later, Carole has Kafka'd herself into a catty monster.

• Love 18
(edited)

Here are Jules feelings:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/julianne-wainstein/jules-wainstein-i-have-oneJules said the silverware joke was a bad idea.  Bethenny has now substituted crazy for moronic.

Bethenny feels like she said nothing wrong.  It doesn't really matter what she said, it has more to do with how the receiver received it.  Since Bethenny knows everything, I don't think she realizes in the world of recovery one speaks of their "integrity" as an affirmation for their adherence to a program.  With alcohol, gambling and drugs it means abstinence.  You can't eliminate food and when you reach a certain point it may have be administered via a feeding tube.  From a viewer's standpoint it would be interesting to actually hear Jules talk about her journey.

Bethenny talks about her weight loss post surgery:  http://www.etonline.com/tv/192260_bethenny_frankel_explains_why_daughter_bryn_isn_t_seen_on_real_housewives_of_new_york/  It just comes off as she won't let Jules have a moment.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, innocuouspuff said:

To clarify one thing, when I say the ED is Jules' own business, I don't mean she shouldn't expect to talk about it on the show. Talking more about the idea that Carole and Bethenny have a duty to be rude to her about it and are somehow rescuing her by doing so.

This.  Can we be straight and say they're not trying to help her?  Carole has been nasty-faced since frame 1, scene 1 in every single interaction with Jules.  Stank-faced, almost recoiling.  She radiates bitch specifically around Jules.

I'm also stepping into it but hell's bells.   This was shown as part of the 'previouslies.' and bothered me greatly last ep.  Jules is complaining about Michael not helping with the kids and Carole says, totally cool-voiced and faced, 'yeah, that's a bad dynamic you've gotten yourself into."  Shut up, you fucking jerkface.  She has no personal idea at all of their dynamic, or how many SAHM's find themselves tussling with their spouses about this kind of thing.  And she was not sympathetic in tone or bearing, it came across as incredibly judgmental.  Watch it, and tell me her whole posture, expression and tone wasn't, 'Jules, you screwed up.'  Now, I'm not no-child shaming, but Carole takes shit too far.  THing last season, most of the women 'only had 1 child more' than Carole was quite telling.  No one is a better human because she's a mother.  But that statement was IMO Carole's way of saying, whatever!, in that faux-Valley Girl stupid cadence.  Yes she was countering LuAnn's 'what of the CHILDREN!" perspective, but her argument was literally that...well, having 1 or 2, presumably kids, was no BFD.  Fuck her very much for that.  It's facially offensive and ignorant, and perhaps more crucially, it's not necessary.  For all the Cool Carole stuff, she treads into muck a lot when she feels even slightly superior.  Not a good look. 

Last: IMO no one here posting gets to claim greater objectivity than anyone else.  Gimme a break.  It's the 2016 P.TV version of TWoP's verboten "I don't get the hate."  It's not a Pynchon novel, ain't much to get, and it's not a proof, ain't much that's objective if we're all opining about who is and isn't currently the meanest of them all. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 19

I think the most telling thing was Jules saying she visits two types of professional therapists , each twice a week  . . . but was quick to stress that she goes even though nothing is wrong and she has nothing to say, but goes anyway.   She should take a tape of that pizza incident to one of those visits and see what they have to say. 

• Love 11
(edited)

In real life I would avoid all of them, for different reasons.  On screen though?  I really like this mix.  If you mean me about being objective, I didn't mean it like that, we all have our triggers.  One of mine is passive aggressiveness, which is why I never could tolerate Jason.  Even then though, when he did something nice or funny, I was able to appreciate the moment.  I don't understand automatically seeing every single thing someone does as evil though, hell, even Jill Zarin had her moments.

Although Jules is crossing the line for me about enjoyment now.  I didn't see her food antics as "cute" but as a scream for help.  I don't want to watch someone that sick on television, especially not on a popcorn show that I can't take seriously.  She needs help, and the nature of this show isn't going to give that to her, unless we turn it into sensitivity training and lose the fireworks RH shows are famous for bringing.

At least she's giving Sonja a break from the "poor, helpless, delusional, tragic sick one" role.

ETA

Yay for Luann!  She just became the voice of the people with that little tipsy war cry.  Fuck all of those bitches, I'm inviting Sonja too!  Ha!  Applause.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 6

I like Sonja and Jules because they have a sense of kindness that the others are lacking.

What Jules' is going through with her eating disorder is a 'kettle of fish' I won't attempt to comment too much on because her journey is one I know very little about personally. To some degree, a lot of us have disordered eating issues and no one makes progress when being criticized or treated with a lack of compassion.

Carole and Bethenny will reap what they sow, it's called #karma.

• Love 10
(edited)
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I couldn't figure out if the pained expression was because Jules just didn't want to eat anything, or because Carole's pizza was made with all veggies and vegan cheese.  I am not a vegan or vegetarian, but I would assume that unless you are, vegan cheese may be less than tasty, especially to someone who doesn't eat much of anything to begin with.

I think it may've been more because of the type of low-calorie, highly nutritious food she willingly eats: smears of veggies, liquefied veggies, etc. This was a crust of what looked like simple carbs and wheat flour, with vegan cheese which is mostly oil/nuts (i.e., saturated fats), which would be very bad for someone obsessed with not gaining weight.

It's also a good point made earlier that it would make anyone extra uncomfortable at the table if their eating/not eating is the focus of everyone's scrutiny. It's like, "Here's your piece. Now, let's see you eat it!" It's a damaging way of dealing with it that sets the person up for being ridiculed, not a productive, compassionate one.

21 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I really dislike Luanne.  I was also thinking while watching Ramona that Avery turning out so well must be some kind of genetic fluke.  I don't understand how that happened.

I came from an abusive dysfunctional family and I would say that, despite whatever Ramona is, she and Mario seem like good parents. They gave her everything she needed that money can buy but most importantly seem to be there for her in a loving way to which she attests to.

Did I hear correctly when Jules mentioned Adderall? It sounded like Carole mumbled something about using it herself. Also Bethenny froze and shut right up. It was as if these 3 skinniest girls are all too familiar with it.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 9

Well, Jules could have made her own pizza, full of vegetables and without the cheese, and then had simple eaten the top of hers.  She ruined hers, so Carole offered her some.  I agree completely with you about Vegan cheese though...yuck. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Well, Jules could have made her own pizza, full of vegetables and without the cheese, and then had simple eaten the top of hers.  She ruined hers, so Carole offered her some.  I agree completely with you about Vegan cheese though...yuck. 

I said what it is made out of, not how it tastes, so I don't agree vegan cheese is categorically bad. :p Like any ingredient, there are varying brands that vary in taste. I like Chao and Daiya myself.

• Love 1