Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Jim Jones, for all of his other sins, actually did help desegregate Indianapolis in the 1950s.

Really? When my husband was at John Marshall High School in Indy in the '70s they had to have the National Guard at their school because of violence and riots because of bussing. 

In his TED Talk, Conception to Birth—Visualized, Alexander Tsiaras said

Gee, I am sooooo glad we have Alexander Tsiaras to mansplain these things to us.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

And Jinger isn't the docile little kid she's  made out to be, at least, not with anyone but Jeremy. I think she was the "quiet" kid who let others take the fall for things that she was an equal part of if not the  main instigator.

And it would be such an easy way to gain more followers, aka ad revenue. People lose their minds over pants; imagine if they strongly implied that their parents didn't teach them anything worth learning and they're now learning from scratch.

Ah, but that would ruin the myth on which they imagine their TeeVee fame and money are based! I'm pretty sure that many of them, and especially Jessa, truly believe JB and M are right about them being on tv because they're some kind of role models. 

They don't realize that their fame happened mainly because they were and remain a freakshow of ignorance, stupidity and babbling horseshit. If they did, they might be on their way to becoming a bit less insufferable. 

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa posted that empty pablum as well. I think JinJer got it from her.

Well, it isn't totally empty pabulum, I don't think.  I usually can't stand Piper, and he does go on and on here before he gets to the issues of the present. But when he does, what he says seems pretty unobjectionable to me......This part really isn't about him but about praying that things be made right. 

"For those who knew George Floyd best and loved him most, bring them your consolation, and direct their hearts to the God of all comfort.

"For Derek Chauvin, who put his knee on Floyd’s neck for seven minutes, until he died, we ask for the mercy of repentance and the judgment of justice. For officers Thomas Lane and Tou Thao and Alexander Kueng, who stood by, we pray that grief and fear will bear the fruit of righteous remorse; and may the seriousness of the killing and the cowardice of the complicity meet with proper penalties.

"For the upright police who have watched all ten minutes of the unbearable video of Floyd’s dying, who consider it “horrific” and “inhuman,” who find it unbelievable that Chauvin did not say a single word for seven minutes as the man under his knee pled for his life, and who lament with dashed hopes that they must start again from “square one” to rebuild what meager trust they hoped to have won — for these worthy servants of our city, we pray that they would know the patient endurance of Jesus Christ, who suffered for deeds he did not do.

"For police chief Medaria Arradondo, Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman, our Mayor Jacob Frey, and our Governor Tim Walz, we ask for the kind of wisdom that only God can give — the kind king Solomon had when he said, “Cut the baby in half” (1 Kings 3:16–28), and discovered the true mother.

May our leaders love the truth, seek the truth, stand unflinching for the truth, and act on the truth. Let nothing, O Lord, be swept under the rug. Forbid that any power or privilege would be allowed to twist or distort or conceal the truth."

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/the-sorrows-of-minneapolis

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Better than be nothing, I suppose.

Has MacArthur made any public statements?

Actually I think nothing might be better! I'm not sure why it's vital for many people to call attention to themselves by giving big statements about this.....Although I guess Piper lives in Minneapolis, so I can see why he felt called upon to present his point of view. 

I'd think MacArthur would probably keep his mouth shut, since the social-justice letter tells people to STFU about racism because complaining about it is just a useless distraction when you oughta be keeping your eyes on Jesus alone....

Difficult to see what he could possibly say about this that wouldn't infuriate people on one or the  other or possibly both sides of the issue, given that......On the other hand, I guess we shouldn't credit him with enough sense to know that.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

There were protests in LA near the Vuolos - he could've gone and prayed.

still going on. in my particular county, we are on curfew at 6pm and in my immediately adjacent area a big protest is supposed to happen at 4pm. i am staying home.  also that long quote above shared by churchhoney was perfect. i shared it among my friends. it speaks the truth as i see it. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'll throw Jeremy and Jessa a bone. At least they're acknowledging what's happening. It may not be in the same way we would, but it's better than nothing. 

Jeremy and Jessa? Don't you mean Jinger?

Just now, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jeremy and Jessa? Don't you mean Jinger?

No, Jessa also shared the Piper video.

This thread should just be renamed Better Than Nothing. 😁

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

Really? When my husband was at John Marshall High School in Indy in the '70s they had to have the National Guard at their school because of violence and riots because of bussing. 

His church was one of the first ones to integrate in the 50s, and he was so active in the movement that he was the city's Human Rights Commission director for some time. He was pretty instrumental in helping desegregate businesses, housing, and churches there. This was in the 50s/early to mid 60s. I'm not sure why the schools were so much later. By that point, Jones was in California. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

I guess he feels the need to pontificate on everything. I can give you the short version- JESUS. That is all.

You're welcome.

Edited by Chicklet
Fixed it
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, he just quoted scripture and said he'd been silent (quoting Proverbs) because he had to listen. Well, listening did no good. No mention of events other than he couldn't watch, just references to a broken world and how heaven is perfect, yadda yadda yadda. 

His preaching has not improved in this past year of seminary.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, he just quoted scripture and said he'd been silent (quoting Proverbs) because he had to listen. Well, listening did no good. No mention of events other than he couldn't watch, just references to a broken world and how heaven is perfect, yards yadda yadda. 

His preaching has not improved in this past year of seminary.

If only there was a way to make it better by going to, oh I don't know, class.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Ugh. I saw his announcement that he’d be pontificating tonight and knew it would come to no good. I’d love to hear him explain more about the meaning of the anti-social justice statement he signed. 

has Bin pontificated yet?

• Love 8

Gabby is a dumb twat. She hasn't mentioned anything about what's happening and used the situation to post this nonsense and pimp out her upcoming project. I hope Radio Disney dumps her ass. She also turned off comments. 

Screenshot_20200601-212651.thumb.jpg.37a3322149608d56419e6518fedbef2b.jpg

The  baby's name will be starting with an F. The reason why this is happening is that people know that the baby is a female and if the baby was a male then they would have used the letter M for the first name. 

• LOL 10

Cade called his 19 year old bride "mama" during the wedding. I haven't forgotten "Mama in all my days I've never been as enthralled by a woman as I am by you." 😂

Besides Gabby is a bigger star than most of these people including JinJer and certainly Cade.  "I Hope" peaked at number 2 on the country charts and is still in the top ten. It was also in the top twenty of the Hot 100 (main chart). 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wow, Gabby is an idiot. I wonder when Punchable Aunt Cade figured it out? Or has he? He doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the drawer.

Brains are the last thing a sexist like Cade is looking for in a woman, doncha think? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm offended by Gabby's statement. Posting, "we should ask ourselves why do our lives even matter", feels disgusting when folks are chanting Black Live Matter during protests.

Anyway thoughts, prayers and contemplation are not going to fix racism. Ongoing activism, money and voting are what's needed. 

You're absolutely right, of course. Unfortunately, though, there are tens of millions of Americans, at least, who want things Gabby's way. I wouldn't be surprised if it's well over a hundred million.

If that weren't so, we wouldn't currently have the terribly unjust society we still have. The Civil War's been over for 155 years. If that doesn't prove that most people of the majority don't actually want any change ... or want it to happen via the magic Jesus wand or not at all, I don't know what does.  🤥

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

You're absolutely right, of course. Unfortunately, though, there are tens of millions of Americans, at least, who want things Gabby's way. I wouldn't be surprised if it's well over a hundred million.

If that weren't so, we wouldn't currently have the terribly unjust society we still have. The Civil War's been over for 155 years. If that doesn't prove that most people of the majority don't actually want any change ... or want it to happen via the magic Jesus wand or not at all, I don't know what does.  🤥

I actually don't think that proves the majority of folks don't want change. I think confusion, lack of direction, lack of awareness and lack of empathy turn into apathy. I'd guess upwards of 2/3rds of this country are not onboard with racism. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I actually don't think that proves the majority of folks don't want change. I think confusion, lack of direction, lack of awareness and lack of empathy turn into apathy. I'd guess upwards of 2/3rds of this country are not onboard with racism. 

Yep, definitely a matter for debate!

I'm going to respond to this once, with why I think the opposite!, over in Small Talk. And then I'm going to drop it. 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

If only there was a way to make it better by going to, oh I don't know, class.

I can see Jeremy reading about Jesus’ ethnicity and probable skin color, finding out he’s an old-school social justice warrior, and then promptly slamming the book shut.

10 hours ago, Temperance said:

Besides Gabby is a bigger star than most of these people including JinJer and certainly Cade.  "I Hope" peaked at number 2 on the country charts and is still in the top ten. It was also in the top twenty of the Hot 100 (main chart). 

I heard the song on the radio. It’s ok...but country music  has been long degenerating into another rock genre for a long time.  It does sound like the kind of song that Anna Duggar would sing to her husband at their wedding. 

• LOL 8
57 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I can see Jeremy reading about Jesus’ ethnicity and probable skin color, finding out he’s an old-school social justice warrior, and then promptly slamming the book shut.

Pretty sure one of the things Jeremy enjoys about MacArthur's seminary is he is never forced to grapple with any of these ideas/uncomfortable truths. 

• Love 24
(edited)
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I heard the song on the radio. It’s ok...but country music  has been long degenerating into another rock genre for a long time.  It does sound like the kind of song that Anna Duggar would sing to her husband at their wedding. 

Which song do you mean? Her biggest hit is "I Hope".  "I Hope" would be an appropriate song for Anna Duggar to sing to Josh, but not at their wedding/vow renewal. "I Hope" is a vindictive song about woman hoping her ex finds a new woman to marry who he completely gives his heart and spends all his money on and "then I hope she cheats like you did on me.

Topic: Jinger had this song on her playlist. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Which song do you mean? Her biggest hit is "I Hope".  "I Hope" would be an appropriate song for Anna Duggar to sing to Josh, but not at their wedding/vow renewal. "I Hope" is a vindictive song about woman hoping her ex finds a new woman to marry who he completely gives his heart and spends all his money on and "then I hope she cheats like you did on me.

Topic: Jinger had this song on her playlist. 

thatsthejoke.jpg

Still, not a very christian sentiment in the song.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Considering that American evangelical Christians are one of the main reasons the country is where it's at now, I'd rather every single one of those assholes shut the fuck up than act appalled and sympathetic. 

On 6/1/2020 at 5:59 PM, Churchhoney said:

Ah, but that would ruin the myth on which they imagine their TeeVee fame and money are based! I'm pretty sure that many of them, and especially Jessa, truly believe JB and M are right about them being on tv because they're some kind of role models. 

They don't realize that their fame happened mainly because they were and remain a freakshow of ignorance, stupidity and babbling horseshit. If they did, they might be on their way to becoming a bit less insufferable. 

But they lie about so many things! Why can't they "lie" and "pretend" they don't know everything?

• Love 24