Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, magpye29 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Jim Bob is the one driving the crunchy curly hair thing, because Jinger NEVER looks like that unless she's with her family.  I do not like that look on her--I don't want to hear anybody's hair!

It's what his hero Bill Gothard loves, so JB loves it too!

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I thought the same thing. Neither destination seems to make any sense. 

But then again, JIm Bob's and Jana's "work trip" to the Carolina beaches or wherever that was, never made any sense either! 

ETABONI: So....why the heck did Jim Bob take Twins Sinner-and-Saintly to Arizona in the middle of an epidemic? 

Found them a bride? 

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

Maybe it's just me. but I find those posed photos of the expectant mom clutching her bump and staring at it with an odd look on her face to be really off-putting.  Jinger's expression doesn't read happy or fulfilled or even anticipatory to me; she looks like maybe she's going to be sick.

I guess they like those pictures because they're very big on cliches....

• Love 11
(edited)
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Frankie is a cute name for a girl (Drew Barrymore has one)

And they can tie it to the Bible by making it Frankincense!

No seriously, they could go with an Italian classic, Francesca, but that would look like F is their chosen moniker starter!

Edited by magpye29
clicked send too soon
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

i am sitting here laughing from a comment on the faux Jinger makes pasta pics a few weeks back.

someone commented just turn around and stop hiding your stomach, obviously you are pregnant.

not exact wording, but it made me laugh then and again today

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5

The Duggars visited in early October last year. I knew it was for a special announcement, but she miscarried the day after she told them apparently. Wonder if that'll make it to an episode. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Just saw a post and pic on FB of JinJer with a bunch of Duggars supposedly in Arizona this past weekend. All posed very close together and NO MASKS.

This is really insane, considering she’s pregnant!  

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

The Duggars visited in early October last year. I knew it was for a special announcement, but she miscarried the day after she told them apparently. Wonder if that'll make it to an episode. 

Yes, they say in the TLC video that they will cover the miscarriage.

• Useful 3

So she was pregnant right before Bow-mageddon 2019. *goes back to check if people were speculating if Jinger was pregnant*

I'm doubtful the Vuolos are going for quiverful. More likely trying to have them close in age and it didn't work out. Well, kind of hard to wrangle 2 under 2 for those influencer photo ops. 

• Love 12

Are they covering Joy's loss as well? If so, that's going to be a pretty morbid season. 

As far as Jinger, yay, I guess. I wish her the best, but I can't muster up any enthusiasm for yet another pregnant Duggar. 

• Love 17

So I wonder whether the prospect of filming a very special miscarriage story was what spurred Jer to declare them the show's "breakout stars." I have the sinking feeling that it may have been. Screen time! Heavy emotions! Me Me Me ME MEEEE!

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Jinger looks lovely, and they both look very happy.  It will be nice to know we won't be treated to constant photos of a belly in a faded & stretched out Old Navy swing dress, paired with a mustard cardigan. 

Another girl for them is fun.  Jill must be bordering on hysterical at that news.  

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Are they covering Joy's loss as well? If so, that's going to be a pretty morbid season. 

They haven’t done that yet?  They are so behind it’s ridiculous. What’s the point of watching if you already know the future.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, they say in the TLC video that they will cover the miscarriage.

Wouldn’t you want to keep that quiet because it’s so personal? Oh wait, sorry. I forgot who we were talking about. My bad. 

Also looking at YOU, Lauren...

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

Wouldn’t you want to keep that quiet because it’s so personal? Oh wait, sorry. I forgot who we were talking about. My bad. 

Also looking at YOU, Lauren...

Unfortunately, when somebody enters the world of reality TeeVee, they've entered a realm where a miscarriage is some kind of adventure that they want to share with a million gawking strangers, for money. 

Seems like quite an uncomfortable and  unhealthy world to me. 

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Jinger looks lovely, and they both look very happy.  It will be nice to know we won't be treated to constant photos of a belly in a faded & stretched out Old Navy swing dress, paired with a mustard cardigan. 

Another girl for them is fun.  Jill must be bordering on hysterical at that news.  

Forget Jill. Jessa has probably been trying to get another little moneymaker in the oven since Jinger uttered the phrase "I'm pregnant."

Since they're all competitive with each other and all that...

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

So she was pregnant right before Bow-mageddon 2019. *goes back to check if people were speculating if Jinger was pregnant*

I'm doubtful the Vuolos are going for quiverful. More likely trying to have them close in age and it didn't work out. Well, kind of hard to wrangle 2 under 2 for those influencer photo ops. 

I just don't see Jeremy having 19 kids! I think they are doing like a lot of couples do and have them close together. Who knows? 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Forget Jill. Jessa has probably been trying to get another little moneymaker in the oven since Jinger uttered the phrase "I'm pregnant."

Since they're all competitive with each other and all that...

Oh I'm sure Jessa is trying to get Ivy a little sister as well. 

• Love 1

Not talking about a miscarriage is actually unhealthy for most folks. Talking about it takes away the stigma and helps to decrease self-blame and shame.

Jinger and Jeremy happen to be on TV. I actually think it's helpful behavior to model for others.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

I think Jeremy and Jinger will stop once they have a boy. They wouldn’t be able to sustain their lifestyle with 4+ kids 

agree Jer wants a mini me sports boy and then they are done having kids.

He doesn't want a ton of kids because he doesn't have it in him do the work/grifting for that.

unless the "breakout stars" get their own show

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Squad? 🤣

from their instagram

And then there were four… Felicity’s recruited a little sister to join her squad! Recently, she’s been practicing her big-sistering on dolls, cradling and shushing them to sleep. Pretty soon, she’ll be holding a real baby. But she’s ready, and so are we. Life is beautiful! We are praising God for this precious little gift.

i fear her "squad" will become the sister mom squad

Edited by crazy8s
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

from their instagram

And then there were four… Felicity’s recruited a little sister to join her squad! Recently, she’s been practicing her big-sistering on dolls, cradling and shushing them to sleep. Pretty soon, she’ll be holding a real baby. But she’s ready, and so are we. Life is beautiful! We are praising God for this precious little gift.

i fear her "squad" will become the sister mom squad

I just wondered why they are using that word.

• Love 1

So Jinger is pregnant again! I posted I thought she was last night and I was right! Of course I also thought she was pregnant last fall. And apparently she was. I thought they wanted Felicity to have more time as the baby. 

I can't blame JinJer for wanting to get to baby #2 since there is so much emphasis on the need for 2 kids in American society. I hope the baby train will hold until these girls get older. Although it sounds as if Jinger is training Felicity to be a sistermom, based on 
Recently, she’s been practicing her big-sistering on dolls, cradling and shushing them to sleep.
Pretty soon, she’ll be holding a real baby. But she’s ready, and so are we.

And this is the dumbest sentence I've ever read. Or one of them! 

Felicity’s recruited a little sister to join her squad!

Recruited her? Like in a sorority! How does a little girl recruit a baby into her mother's womb? Your wife has been pregnant 3 times; you do know where babies come from, right?

I was going to say something mean about Jinger's intelligence, but this is Jeremy's post. So it's his stupidity, and yeah he looks dumb. Jeremy may keep Jinger busy with babies so she can't outshine him.

Lauren also didn't comment on her loss until the new season of Counting On rolled around. I'll wait to see if JinJer is different.

Since Jeremy's the baby and the only with children, I could see him wanting to have at least one boy to carry on the Vuolo name.

I also think JinJer will have somewhere around 4-6 children.  Enough to claim they have a big family, but not as many as JB and Michelle.

All pregnant women including Jinger and Joy need to be careful about COVID-19. There are real risks for the mothers and the pregnancy. 

• Love 14
(edited)
13 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I just wondered why they are using that word.

seems a thing now "my pandemic squad" my "teaching at home squad" etc

Edited by crazy8s
bad on the quotation marks
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I read "squad" as a soccer term and really didn't think much about it.  He's a soccer player.  I also think many little girls like playing "mommy" with their dolls.  I know I did.  Jeremy probably wasn't raised in the "sister mom" culture, so there may be hope for Felicity.  I'm holding good thoughts, at least for now.  Time will tell....

• Love 9
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Pregnant Jinger just flew to Arizona. Real smart. 

Hey, it's for the show! 

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is ever more important than that piece of crap.  

Why in the world did anybody have to go to Arizona?  ....And how is that trip even  "reality"? (SInce they're on "reality" tv and all...)

In the current reality, I doubt that a whole lot of people are flying from two different states to yet a third state (where, as far as I know, nobody in the family even lives....) so they can make a pregnancy announcement. WTF?

Or is the fact that they made those trips supposed to be exciting and adventurous and a thing the rest of us should aspire to (during a pandemic)?  

This family is so ridiculous,  and, as far as the showrunners are concerned,  pretty much capable of nothing except sticking their weenies in the vaggies, then squirting out the babbies that Jer-n-Jingle's filming of the show they "star" in for the year has consisted almost entirely of two family trips made for no apparent purpose other than pregnancy announcements. 

I'm surprised they don't change the name to "The Pregnancy Announcement Show."  Apparently that's what America wants to watch.... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15