Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I kind of a said it in my long post, but the word squad is fine. It's the word "recruited" that is mind-bogglingly stupid. How does a toddler or any child recruit a fetus into her mother's womb? She could presumbly recruit a friend later in life to be a her sister, but a child cannot recruit another child into the family. Only the parents and God can chose to add to the family. I wonder if any of their fans find this blasphemous.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I kind of a said it in my long post, but the word squad is fine. It's the word "recruited" that is mind-bogglingly stupid. How does a toddler or any child recruit a fetus into her mother's womb? She could presumbly recruit a friend later in life to be a her sister, but a child cannot recruit another child into the family. Only the parents and God can chose to add to the family. I wonder if any of their fans find this blasphemous.

I also paused on recruited. I mean, I'd hope she has nothing to do with her parents' sex lives. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I just wondered why they are using that word.

To me, squad is a military term, usually used in Infantry.  To him, a hipster sports or soccer reference?  As sports nuts, our family uses recruited to be part of a special team.  So do most everyone else.  Much like recruiters hire people to work specific jobs, something JerJer hasn't dealt with in his grifting world.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

I also paused on recruited. I mean, I'd hope she has nothing to do with her parents' sex lives. 

Haha...sometimes toddlers have everything to do with their parents' sex lives!

(though, to be fair, not necessarily as an aid toward producing a sibling)

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 16
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Why in the world did anybody have to go to Arizona?  ....And how is that trip even  "reality"? (SInce they're on "reality" tv and all...)

because TLC film crew was in arizona for the other show.

I think it was a meet here to be filmed or no filming.

TTH is out, no crew is flying to L.A. for this drivel.  A film crew was in arizona, Jeer is a pilot, flew with accountability partner Jed!, picked up Jer and Jing. Pops has to be in the pics so was along for the gravy train ride

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 9
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Hey, it's for the show! 

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is ever more important than that piece of crap.  

Why in the world did anybody have to go to Arizona?  ....And how is that trip even  "reality"? (SInce they're on "reality" tv and all...)

In the current reality, I doubt that a whole lot of people are flying from two different states to yet a third state (where, as far as I know, nobody in the family even lives....) so they can make a pregnancy announcement. WTF?

Or is the fact that they made those trips supposed to be exciting and adventurous and a thing the rest of us should aspire to (during a pandemic)?  

This family is so ridiculous,  and, as far as the showrunners are concerned,  pretty much capable of nothing except sticking their weenies in the vaggies, then squirting out the babbies that Jer-n-Jingle's filming of the show they "star" in for the year has consisted almost entirely of two family trips made for no apparent purpose other than pregnancy announcements. 

I'm surprised they don't change the name to "The Pregnancy Announcement Show."  Apparently that's what America wants to watch.... 

Yeah, the family could have flown to LA so pregnant Jinger didn’t have to travel.

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

because TLC film crew was in arizona for the other show.

I think it was a meet here to be filmed or no filming.

TTH is out, no crew is flying to L.A. for this drivel.  A film crew was in arizona, Jeer is a pilot, flew with accountability partner Jed!, picked up Jer and Jing. Pops has to be in the pics so was along for the gravy train ride

Okay, so that sounds like it could mean that if any of them get Covid they can sue TLC.....I like that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

I feel nothing for these two, just empty sadness.   I will say I’m disappointed, I hoped they would stick with a single child for a lot longer. 

I will be petty and say man, Jeremy is really losing his looks at Duggar male speeds.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
(edited)
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe they filmed in AZ due to different lock down orders?

But WHAT were they filming with the Vuolos, twin Howlers, and Boob? A very odd grouping.

And @Zella can elaborate, but AR never even had shelter in place that I can recall.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

I think they are avoiding filming JED! because the equal airtime thing.

twins were they just because they were piloting a duggar aircraft to bring JIng and Jer  to the location for the filming reveal

• Love 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And @Zella can elaborate, but AR never even had shelter in place that I can recall.

There was not an official shelter in place, though there were travel restrictions for awhile. I never paid too much attention to the details, but I know hotels were not allowed to book in out-of-state people. (This was after a bunch of out-of-state people crashed the Buffalo River.) The Duggars may have been able to evade that with the private plane and letting them stay at the TTH. Those were lifted earlier this month, and as far as I know travel restrictions now just for certain hotspots like New Orleans or New York. Some sad irony in that now we're becoming a hotspot. 😞 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 4/25/2020 at 1:19 AM, Temperance said:

Jinger looks pregnant or that picture and pose are meant to get people speculating. 

Congratulations, Temperance. You called it first!

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I watched part of it. The questions were carefully curated to avoid talking about Jeremy's work situation or where they will be living in November. 

Fundamentalist preacher welfare looks pretty damn good to me. I’d like a free house in California.

29 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

So they’re making masks but none of them wears any?

Everything is so fake.

November is a hell of a long time away with something like this going on. How can Jingle not be at least somewhat nervous?  Imagine catching it in your final trimester! 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

November is a hell of a long time away with something like this going on. How can Jingle not be at least somewhat nervous?  Imagine catching it in your final trimester! 

And potentially exposing Felicity to it too! 😞 

• Love 5

I can't even be sure that's Jed!  Most of the Duggar boys look like that. 

If I were pregnant, I woud be trying to avoid COVID. I think it would be the worst to get COVID now. Later in the pregnancy they can do a c-section. The farther along the pregnancy is, the better. 

1 hour ago, Bayarea4 said:

Congratulations, Temperance. You called it first!

Thanks! 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I feel nothing for these two, just empty sadness.   I will say I’m disappointed, I hoped they would stick with a single child for a lot longer. 

I will be petty and say man, Jeremy is really losing his looks at Duggar male speeds.

No kidding, referring to Jeremy’s looks!  He’s aging horribly.  I can’t believe that I once thought that he was really good-looking.  

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Well I hope it’s better than Maryella or whatever the last Josh Duggar blessing name is. I forgot!!!

You got the name right of Josh's youngest right. I assume this baby will have a name with the same vibes that Felicity has.  Princessy, cute, and a little religious.  I doubt they'll use another F name, but maybe Flora, Charlotte, Caroline, Evangeline, Rosemary, or Susanna...

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm going with a virtue name, perhaps Verity. 

Oh I hope they don't choose Verity! I've loved that name since Poldark. 

• Love 9

I have nothing better to do so I am listening to their live while working lol

Just wanted to write that about a name, they have a name and a middle name picked already. Jinger had morning sickness, feeling nautious, and wanted to rest.

She got pregnant 5 months after her misscariage.

They would allow their daughters to go to college if that is their passion.

They don't want to tell how they told their families, because it will be on Counting on, starting June 30

And now I'm done

• Useful 9
  • Love 4

I listened to their Instagram Live a couple of hours after it was over. One thing they talked about was that parenting has made them realize their own selfishness. Their examples were that when they want to just sit and watch a TV show or look on their phone and Felicity wants attention or needs something, so they have to tend to her. Or if she's crying at night while they're sleeping. Somehow I suspect that this had been a bigger problem for JereME than for Jing.

• Useful 5
  • Love 15
(edited)
6 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

Maybe they'll name her Egocentricity.

Pomposity?

4 hours ago, Zella said:

Oh I hope they don't choose Verity! I've loved that name since Poldark. 

When you think of the name, my suggestion is -- don't think of the parent; think of the child.

Verity would be a nice name for the kid, right? She deserves a nice name just like everybody else. She won't be responsible for her dad being such a silly ass. Maybe she'll grow up to help him change! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

No kidding, referring to Jeremy’s looks!  He’s aging horribly.  I can’t believe that I once thought that he was really good-looking.  

It's odd, too. His dad and his brother seem to be aging okay. .... Maybe if you go too near the poor Duggarling boys, you catch the curse they have.

My tinfoil-hat theory is that it's Jim Bob who cursed them. Same way he refuses to allow his kids to be better educated or better employed than he is, he found a curse that makes it impossible for them to look any better than (or even as good as) he does either. (Have I mentioned that I really hate Jim Bob?)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I’m guessing it’ll be a family

name, Diana Michelle or something like

that

Expository.  I think they might go with a family name for a middle name, but there is no way Jer isn't going for something he considers out of the ordinary for a girl. Something with vague religious overtones like Felicity.  Diana and Michelle are way too hum-drum for RFP.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I only have Southern on my mother’s side, but it’s my understanding that if you include an actual adjective, it becomes sincere?

Bless my heart...

Good to know! 

• Useful 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

s odd, too. His dad and his brother seem to be aging okay. .... Maybe if you go too near the poor Duggarling boys, you catch the curse they have.

I think the females excrete some kind a pheremone that rapidly ages is the males. It’s the only defense to getting constantly impregnated. 

4 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

name, Diana Michelle or something like

Yes! Keep Michelle in the back where she belongs! 

I’m voting for Pretensea. Or Yourad Here Vuolo. Influencer MacAurthur Vuolo -  didn’t Josh name one of his kids after one of his FRC bosses? 

Meanwhile Jessa’s desperately trying to conceive Apple Jack Seewald.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 19