Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Temperance said:

On another forum, someone mentioned that Jinger could try to be photographer and sell prints of her photos for money. 

A 1,000 followers seems like a lot to me. Influencing is weird. 

But the people who were not chosen can simply unfollow!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Temperance said:

On another forum, someone mentioned that Jinger could try to be photographer and sell prints of her photos for money. 

The thing is, I'm pretty sure you judge the effect based on the number you already have....How much is it going to boost the power of the number you already have, for the money that's being shelled out? Is the money that's being spent going to boost the power of your follower base enough to make the money worth it? 

So my guess is that if you had, say 10,000 followers to begin with, and the firm put in, say, $1000 for a giveaway, and it brought you 1000 new followers, that'd be considered spectacularly successful. Because $1000 would be buying a 10 percent boost on the power of your follower base. That's a huge increase in power. (and it would also suggest that you have the scope to grow your follower base a lot more.....it's not tapped out)

And it'd probably still be pretty good if you only had, say 100,000 to begin with. Then if the PR firm put in $1000 for the giveaway, that money would be a full 1-percent boost in your number. And that's still fairly substantial.....

But when you have 1.3 million and only get 1000 new ones, like Jingle did, then the money's buying a boost that's way less than a tenth of one percent. And that small a percentage almost certainly does hardly anything to boost the capability of the number of followers you already had. (Plus, it may suggest that your potential for gaining more followers may be getting tapped out...)

1.3 million-plus-a-thousand is very very similar in clout to just 1.3 million. There's virtually no difference in what 1.3-million-plus-a-thousand followers can accomplish, compared to what a flat 1.3-million can accomplish. So it probably doesn't make any business sense to spend even a dime, let alone hundreds or thousands of dollars, if it doesn't actually produce a gain in what can be accomplished. 

PR firms and agencies don't earn money by making j&J's followers happy. They earn money when they can parlay those followers into more visibility for other influencers or into sales for companies. And they are in business to earn money. 

Even though Jer seems to be money-mad as heck and has one business degree and a part of a second one, I'm not convinced that he understands at all what it means to be in business. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11

Just coming here to post that. I don't know what to make of it. 

And did JinJer watch the "mature" version of The Last Dance? Cuz there was a fuckton of cursing.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

I noticed Jermy started following tons of sneaker and clothing accounts. I think his new thing is to become a hypebeast. I work with a few "hypebeast" guys and they spend all their money on expensive shoes and outfits. 

Screenshot_20200526-151329_Google.thumb.jpg.e79c0b20034cbe866bade9f239ac1be2.jpg

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
(edited)

Scoring free athletic shoes seems to be their best set of gigs so far. i'm guessing maybe Jer and Jingle representing the young conservative white Christian demographic works for them there. It's probably a demographic that's not yet overloaded with influencers for athletic shoes.....but one where the businesses are sure there are pretty many people who'll be interested in their shoes.....So supply and demand work out right. 

I doubt they're getting much if anything more than free shoes for these posts for the various shoe businesses.......Even if that's the extent of the payment, though, scoring pricey trendy shoes for the whole family every month or so (or more....) wouldn't be a bad gig to have.....Especially if you're a ex-pro jock who loves fashion above all things. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And did JinJer watch the "mature" version of The Last Dance? Cuz there was a fuckton of cursing.

It's a docuseries about Michael Jordan. Guess they are celebrating watching it by buying matching Jordans. 🙄

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

It's a docuseries about Michael Jordan. Guess they are celebrating watching it by buying matching Jordan's. 🙄

I followed Jordan since his college days and was never once compelled to buy a pair of Jordans. 😁

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Either she doesn’t want to or Jeremy won’t allow her to work.

23 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

Is it even them or a stock photo? No head means yay I don’t have to look at Jeremy smirky face.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I think the first giveaway would have worked if the PR firm had realized how inept J&J are at social media. They needed to be given clear instructions on how to phrase their giveaway to stay within the rules and the other accounts needed to know that they were being included in the giveaway.

I've seen this type of thing on youtube, but it usually happens between a group of vloggers who know each other and have somewhat similar personas. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I noticed Jermy started following tons of sneaker and clothing accounts. I think his new thing is to become a hypebeast. I work with a few "hypebeast" guys and they spend all their money on expensive shoes and outfits. 

Screenshot_20200526-151329_Google.thumb.jpg.e79c0b20034cbe866bade9f239ac1be2.jpg

It sounds so pastoral!  

17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In Jeremy's IG story, Jinger is wearing short shorts. She's one bikini top away from causing some LA divorces. 🤣

Any day now we'll see her mowing lawn! 

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

Jinger watched The Last Dance?! Really? With f-bombs being dropped every five seconds and tales of cocaine and strippers in the hotel rooms? If that's true, I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for that one. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Her shorts aren't that short. They seem to be longer than arms length. 

These people are so materialistic and vapid. I find them boring. I can't imagine going to any spiritual place run by someone so worldy and materialistic. 

Exactly what I keep thinking about Jeremy, how can he ever minister to anyone with any depth and sincerity 

• Love 17
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Jeremy is far from being the first materialistic pastor. There is plenty of superich pastors/preachers. I guess that’s what he aspires to be.

Seems so.

Ironically, though, I don't think he has the talent for it. 😈

Charisma? Eloquence? Broadcast voice? Vibrant delivery? Ability to stir up emotions as a speaker? Ability to express or feign warmth toward people? Messages that appeal to listeners? 

As far as I can  tell,  none of the above...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not to mention, he can't even pronounce Jesus correctly. His pronunciation is over the top pretension.

How does he say it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Seems so.

Ironically, though, I don't think he has the talent for it. 😈

Charisma? Eloquence? Broadcast voice? Vibrant delivery? Ability to stir up emotions as a speaker? Ability to express or feign warmth toward people? Messages that appeal to listeners? 

As far as I can  tell,  none of the above...

It's really true. They have both morphed themselves as much as they can in terms of externals...Jinger even doing the blond gig. Then Jeremy opens his mouth, and he does not have the ability to hold an audience besides Jinger, their daughter, and a few stuffed animals. It's kinda painful too. But he is given a mic because of his wife's connections, fact she is changing and becoming more chic, people like that. There there are his looks and he is a "get" former soccer goalie (Pro/semi pro? who knows)

IT wont take much to have someone with similar qualities, but charismatic, and he will be left in the dust. or they will have to put some drama in their lives for them to be challenged to and to preach about their salvation.

• Love 5
On 5/20/2020 at 11:48 PM, rue721 said:

Ugh what are those captions? Fake, so fake. And why? It’s not like the Vuolos are even trying to pretend they’re doing cool stuff. I can believe they actually do eat pasta for dinner and study sometimes, those are ordinary activities. So what’s with the creepy charade, as though they have to fake boiling pasta or w/e “for the fans.” If you’re cooking spaghetti carbonara lately, Jinger, just say that and take a picture one of the nights you make it. Jeez Louise.

Why are they the most awkwardly pretentious people on the planet?

They really are.  the book would be called "Becoming Jinger" if Jeremy could stand to be upstaged. He would have to be by her side during her book tour, less he be tempted by jezebels in low cut "blouses"

• Love 4
On 5/8/2020 at 1:08 PM, Oldernowiser said:

A fool with a five o’clock shadow...that’s always aspirational for a makeup company...🙄

yup, all I could see was five o'clock shadow. Would LOVE to know what JerJer thought when he saw pics. Like his inner voice critique. (concerns about wife needing to shave for example)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

Her post makes no sense. If the parents are "busy parents", Jinger gave one tip to occupy a kid - coloring. The walk requires a parent and eating is kind of a given.

• Love 21
(edited)
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Her post makes no sense. If the parents are "busy parents", Jinger gave one tip to occupy a kid - coloring. The walk requires a parent and eating is kind of a given.

Giving a 2 year old a box of crayons also requires direct supervision.  I don't care how nice the notebook is; the furniture, the walls, and anything else in sight is fair game to a 2 year old with crayons.  Nothing in her post was a good tip for 'busy parents'

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 24

First, we got her a box of crayons with her very own notebook. She LOVES it.

Wow, her very own notebook!  Did they have to spend more than 97 cents on it?  Or a dollar at the dollar store (do they even have those in  LA)?

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Giving a 2 year old a box of crayons also requires direct supervision.  I don't care how nice the notebook is; the furniture, the walls, and anything else in sight is fair game to a 2 year old with crayons.  Nothing in her post was a good tip for 'busy parents'

To be fair,  I don't know that Jingle's ever seen a busy parent. 😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 9
(edited)
23 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

Wow, her very own notebook!  Did they have to spend more than 97 cents on it?  Or a dollar at the dollar store (do they even have those in  LA)?

There's a 99 Cent Store, Dollar Tree, or Dollar King in almost every town or city near where the Vuolos live.  Notebooks are quite easily obtainable.  Target frequently has little notebooks in their dollar bins near the entry, too.

They also have coloring books and little early reading books.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 2

Honestly, this just seems like overkill. Especially every night. Especially for them.

Consider that they likely will do some sort of daily devotional where they read the Bible together. Then, if they are spending all their time together (and evidently Jeremy goes on these daily walks with Jinger and Felicity), COVID-19 or not, and are taking pictures of each other as well as together, then what is there more to say at the end of the night?

And that so-called "buddy" of his who had only been married for two years when Jeremy and Jinger got married...how much does everyone want to bet that this buddy was Ben? I believe the years add up...JinJer got married in November of 2016 (on Spurge's birthday I believe), whereas Benessa got married in November of 2014. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

NO ONE has been asking you what you use to clean your skin, Jinger. We have all seen the Duggar skin without makeup. It’s not very Christian to lie.

Jinger:   A lot of people have been asking me what I use to cleanse my face.   I use this facial brush and I  happen to have a code so you can get a discount.

Narrator:  Jinger.  I went to that site and you get that percentage off without using your code.    I guess the Lord DOES work in mysterious ways!

DB8E13E2-20C7-431E-8E3A-22459387989F.jpeg

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

NO ONE has been asking you what you use to clean your skin, Jinger. We have all seen the Duggar skin without makeup. It’s not very Christian to lie.

DB8E13E2-20C7-431E-8E3A-22459387989F.jpeg

Lulz! It's like all the YouTube beauty gurus and their "highly requested videos".....which happen to be filled with products they're being paid to promote. 

• Love 6

I always make sure to clean my face while wearing full eye makeup!

41 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Notebooks are quite easily obtainable. 

That was essentially my point.  The way Jinger wrote that they got Felici-teevee her "very own" notebook as if it were some kind of big deal was more what I was objecting to.  Honestly, it is kind of cute, especially if they got her one all girly and sparkly, but come on, it's a buck at Target, not a pony or something.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I've been married for 42 years, so obviously I don't know as much about marriage as Jeremy Vuolo. But I do know better than to start a discussion when we're both ready to go to sleep! 

Someone called him out on that in the comments. Jeremy replied with an emoji.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I will admit, during quarantine, there has been more than one occasion where I left my 2 year old partially unsupervised with crayons and I wound up with crayons all over the windows. Thank goodness for washable crayons!

Jinger's 'advice' for busy parents is actually terrible. Your toddler cannot walk themselves, you need to supervise coloring closely ( or wind up scrubbing the windows), and no shit sherlock you need to feed your child snacks.

Busy parents actually need activities that are easy to clean up, do not need direct parental involvement and can hold a 2-3 year olds attention for 20 minutes. But Jinger has never been a busy parent. 

I have a toddler who is Felicity's age, and especially now that I am not working due to Covid ( save for 2 hours a week of online teaching), I very much do not consider myself 'busy'. ( at least not all day) . Now my sister who has a full time job, working from home, no daycare for her 3 kids...she's busy. LOL. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 19

Also, some SOTDRT fails (not surprisingly):

1. "Me or daddy carries it [the doll] the rest of the way." 

2. "In between" is two words, not one.

I wonder if Jinger's advice would be better for an older child? I could see Spurge or Israel or some of the older M kids entertaining themselves by coloring or drawing if that is what they liked to do.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz! It's like all the YouTube beauty gurus and their "highly requested videos".....which happen to be filled with products they're being paid to promote. 

Where do I get that filter that magically removes her zits, pores, freckles and fine lines? 
Oh, right, filters don’t work in actual life...

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Honestly, this just seems like overkill. Especially every night. 

He said this on the Roloff podcast, too.....Don't remember whether he mentioned a buddy then  or not. 

As @BetyBee suggested, my first thought was that saying this to someone every night when they're about to go to sleep is a good way to get them to move out of the house. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7