Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Puffin said:

Jeremy is so boring he’s just buying different versions of the bible and each gospel is a different book 😴 to make it look like he reads a lot I guess. I suppose I should expect that from a pastor in training but I wonder if he’s ever read any other books?

So...is it the same words but with A REALLY HUGE FONT? Popups? Scratch n sniff? Puzzles?

How do they turn part of a book into an entire book?

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So...is it the same words but with A REALLY HUGE FONT? Popups? Scratch n sniff? Puzzles?

How do they turn part of a book into an entire book?

I think they all have annotations and commentaries by different people. Those can take up a tremendous amount of room. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Marigold said:

No fucking way in hell would Reverend Fancy Pants live in a place with no water or electricity. Neither would Jinger. She looks too princessy lately too. 

"I'm a [D-List] Celebrity! Get Me Out of Here!" 

• LOL 13
40 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I'm a religious person and I'm all for people reading their holy books and studying their faith. 

At some point, you gotta put down the books, roll up your sleeves and practice your faith. I don't know Jinger and Jeremy personally (obviously) but they give off the vibe as big talkers and not too much in the action department. 

I hate that freak Derick BUT at least those two idiots did get sweaty and put in some effort EVEN THOUGH it was more of a missioncation.  We all have hashed out the Dillard mission in Danger America. But, I hate to say this, at least Derick got on a fucking plane and tried. 

No fucking way in hell would Reverend Fancy Pants live in a place with no water or electricity. Neither would Jinger. She looks too princessy lately too. 

Fancy Pants is just going to sit in his "study" and pontificate while Jinger flutters about and strokes his big ego. 

(Oh god, I think I said something positive about Derick. I feel so dirty)

Yeah, I agree with every word of this. ....

I don't think Jer does, though! I have a feeling that, if pressed, he'd tell us that words speak louder than actions! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I agree with every word of this. ....

I don't think Jer does, though! I have a feeling that, if pressed, he'd tell us that words speak louder than actions! 

Especially words in a convoluted, badly delivered sermon. 😉

• LOL 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Jinger went blonde, and shorter  

FFC0CCC3-5512-443C-B0A3-30B6D15D9724.jpeg

There's a quick jump onto the cliche train. 

And here was @Marigold predicting that Jingle and Jer wouldn't do anything! Next thing you know, Jer'll be sporting some new pocket squares and Gucci loafers in a completely different color! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Okay, who called it? I'm too lazy to look back through the thread. We need to give credit where credit is due.

Btw, I think it looks horrible and doesn't flatter her skin tone at all. I predict lip filler and a boob job are next.

All paid for with the same mystery fund, i’m sure.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I think its fun to try different things in hair color. If I wasn't highly allergic to hair dye, I would go back to red hair in a heartbeat. 

Jill would do well to get some of that mane trimmed off like Jinger did. It doesn't have to be short but normal for a woman of their age. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Okay, who called it? I'm too lazy to look back through the thread. We need to give credit where credit is due.

Btw, I think it looks horrible and doesn't flatter her skin tone at all. I predict lip filler and a boob job are next.

I agree it doesn't really fit her complexion. I don't have a good eye for these things and have never dyed my own hair but maybe another shade of blonde would have worked better?

My first thought was also that a boob job's next. 😆

I never would have thought this when they first married, but maybe in a few years, Jeremy and Jingle will be the next Jim and Tammy Faye.

(I know I've posted these pics before, but I love them too much not to share every chance I get.)

Jim and Tammy Faye 2 (2019_03_16 00_36_29 UTC).jpg

Jim and Tammy Faye 1 (2019_03_16 00_36_29 UTC).jpg

• LOL 13

Somebody totally called Jinger going blonde, take credit!

I'm not going to knock her for trying a new look, I mess with with my hair color a lot just for the fun of it. I think she needs to tone down her eyebrow color and it might look better. Her eyebrows are very stark against the blonde shade. 

• Love 21
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I agree it doesn't really fit her complexion. I don't have a good eye for these things and have never dyed my own hair but maybe another shade of blonde would have worked better?

I think if she kept the brunette and went for an ombré with a darker, honey-toned hue, it would've looked really pretty, but Baywatch Barbie blonde just doesn't fit her. 

I don't have an issue with people trying something new, but why do I get the feeling Jeremy was behind this? It's an extreme change and I find the timing interesting. Jinger had two years in Laredo to do whatever she wanted with her hair, but she waits until L.A. to go for a makeover? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 24

I’m betting that was a TLC-funded makeover.  It’s no coincidence the photo shoot broke there.

I don’t love it, but she probably couldn’t do a full blonde dye job because she started so dark.  If she keeps it up, it’ll get better looking since it’s starting from a lighter base.  I have a friend who started out similarly dark but can’t get a good blonde to stay in her hair.  It’s a mix of dark and bleach and never looks quite “right.”

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I think she needs to tone down her eyebrow color and it might look better. Her eyebrows are very stark against the blonde shade. 

Agreed the eyebrows are part of the issue with it looking off. 

1 minute ago, Saylii said:

I don’t love it, but she probably couldn’t do a full blonde dye job because she started so dark.  If she keeps it up, it’ll get better looking since it’s starting from a lighter base.  I have a friend who started out similarly dark but can’t get a good blonde to stay in her hair.  It’s a mix of dark and bleach and never looks quite “right.”

That's one reason I never bothered dying my hair. It is naturally darker than Jinger's, and I just never really thought going lighter would look right or work well. Being allergic to everything was part of it, too, though. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I'm a religious person and I'm all for people reading their holy books and studying their faith. 

At some point, you gotta put down the books, roll up your sleeves and practice your faith. I don't know Jinger and Jeremy personally (obviously) but they give off the vibe as big talkers and not too much in the action department. 

I hate that freak Derick BUT at least those two idiots did get sweaty and put in some effort EVEN THOUGH it was more of a missioncation.  We all have hashed out the Dillard mission in Danger America. But, I hate to say this, at least Derick got on a fucking plane and tried. 

Fancy Pants is just going to sit in his "study" and pontificate while Jinger flutters about and strokes his big ego. 

(Oh god, I think I said something positive about Derick. I feel so dirty)

Except Derick and Jill did nothing in DA but dance and hand out tiny squares of banana bread.  I don't think they suffered any real deprivation and for their non-contributions they were highly praised by their fans.

• Love 8

She should have waited for a good LA salon.  Where I go they do an immensely better job of matching the blonde tones to my complexion and it looks 100x more natural.  I'm not surprised she's changing her look.  She's now pretty much indistinguishable as fundie Duggar.  I wonder how often Jeremy plans for them to visit Arkansas after the move to California.

• Love 22
33 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think the blonde would look better with lighter eyebrows, but I don't hate it.

And while I don't actually want her to destroy her body with implants and filters because she's pretty as she is, part of me hopes she does just because it's so anti-Duggar. (But only if she wants, not because Jeremy told her to.)

Let's see, one kid after two and a half? years of marriage, not in AR around family, and now a bottle blonde. I'm actually kind of rooting for her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

I don't hate Jingers hair, but she needs new makeup and makeup technique with that hair.  If she backs away from the black eyeliner and gets a better foundation,  it will look a lot better.  She would also benefit from some color on her lips.

• Love 17
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Doesn’t Jinger’s new hair look ever so familiar...Lunera for the win!

Guess Reverend FancyPants was having unrighteous thoughts about Cade’s girlfriend...or Jinger was concerned he was...

I was just about to comment maybe Jinger's worried Jeremy will find his own Becky From The Third Row. She looks nearly identical to Cade's girlfriend now.

Eta: mainstream media has picked up the story:

https://www.inquisitr.com/5471327/jinger-duggar-goes-blond-counting-on-star-shocks/amp/

I guarantee Jessa is ordering Bin to get Ivy spruced up for new pictures. She's not going to be outdone by peroxide and sex tips. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 12
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Doesn’t Jinger’s new hair look ever so familiar...Lunera for the win!

Guess Reverend FancyPants was having unrighteous thoughts about Cade’s girlfriend...or Jinger was concerned he was...

Yeah, Cade's squeeze was the first thing I thought of. And then I hoped (and still hope) fervently that that possibility you're describing is not the case. 

I'm going to stick to believing that she just thought -- I'm moving to southern California! Everybody's blonde there!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I guarantee Jessa is ordering Bin to get Ivy spruced up for new pictures. She's not going to be outdone by peroxide and sex tips. 

I was just thinking that... Jessa has a girl, so Jill goes all Dr. Ruth, now this...what’s next? Tattoos? Margaritas? Visible thong line?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I was just thinking that... Jessa has a girl, so Jill goes all Dr. Ruth, now this...what’s next? Tattoos? Margaritas? Visible thong line?

I’m popping the popcorn and pouring my wine, just waiting to see what’s next... 🍿🍷

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

I'll go against the tide, I'm sure - I like it.

I actually love it. Needs to get cut to at least the next wave line up...but it looks nice. She looks like Lindsay Lohan when she was young and fresh-faced and not crazy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I like her hair. I do think it's a little too light for her eyebrows, but I'm sure that she will figure it out in time.  I do like the shorter cut.  It's still long but it looks so much healthier. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Jinger went blonde and shorter  

FFC0CCC3-5512-443C-B0A3-30B6D15D9724.jpeg

Omg! That hair does not look good on her, it's too light. A cute bob like Katie Bates'would have looked great on her  If she wanted to go lighter something like this would have looked better. Her hair looks completely fried.

Screenshot_20190606-162536_Instagram-1080x1347.thumb.jpg.a7a5df67486b0ce1255ed9c0dc43b577.jpg

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't hate Jingers hair, but she needs new makeup and makeup technique with that hair.  If she backs away from the black eyeliner and gets a better foundation,  it will look a lot better.  She would also benefit from some color on her lips.

I agree.  In a couple of professional pregnancy photos that she had done, someone who knew what they were doing did her makeup.  She had a rose/red lip in some of them, and she looked amazing.  She also had lip color in her wedding pics and she was gorgeous.  A nude lip does nothing at all to enhance her looks.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

If you enlarge the picture and look at Jinger's arm just above the Apple watch, the veins are popping out of her skin. I hope she's eating. 

She’s doing a vigorous workout to an exercise video at her home.  I could hear her working out in the background.  Who wants to bet that she now owns a regular bathing suit?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Just one photo of them doing ANYTHING to help out someone other than themselves

Photos of books, babies and themselves do nothing to tell me they understand the teachings of Jesus 

• Love 22
38 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She’s doing a vigorous workout to an exercise video at her home.  I could hear her working out in the background.  Who wants to bet that she now owns a regular bathing suit?

I bet she’s got a bikini 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm meh on it. It doesn't look horrible but it doesn't look great either. I think she needs a different shade of blonde. It looks like she went for the box dye when she should have gradually worked up to blonde. A lot of stylists are starting to refuse to bleach darker hair. I was very surprised that my sister had to go to 4 different salons before a stylist agreed to bleach and dye her brown hair blonde.

I probably have no room to criticize since I use box dye to get my Jean Grey red hair tho... Nothing wrong with box dye, it's just figuring out your coloring.  

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Suzn said:

I'll go against the tide, I'm sure - I like it.

I think it's adorable.  It makes her look a lot less Duggar.  She definitely looks happy with it, and I think it actually compliments her skin tone.  Which is looking great these days, and with a lot less makeup than she used to wear. 

Good girl, getting out of the fundie-brown rut.  

• Love 13

I'm all for a new hair color however in this case I wonder how much she wanted it vs JerME wanting a hot blonde wife.

With that said, I agree that she should have started out a bit darker and brightened it over time.  Those eyebrows stand out like no tomorrow.  Hopefully she addresses that.  

• Love 17